Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014 Moms!

1. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@missybear: I am thread lurking I just wanted you to know I pray for all on HB and know you are in my prayers all will be ok

2. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@missybear: I'm with you! I'd def considering having symptoms to be a good thing All we can really do is hope/pray that this baby is meant to be, and not put extra stress on ourselves! Hugs

@adira: I'm gonna find that chart and print it out for self assurance lol!

3. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@missybear: I agree with @Adira. It could go either way in my experience. Also, the odds are in your favor if about 10% of pregnancies end in m/c. That's a 90% chance of not having a m/c!! When is your ultrasound?

I'm still scared too because of my history but I'll tell you what I tell myself everyday - think positive, talk to the baby and stay off Dr. Google!!!!

Also, re: sex. My partner hasn't gotten any in a week or so cuz I am exhausted and he works late. I love him because we have an understanding it's never an obligation or a trade off. Always something we both want. We've been together for almost 9 years, so it's working for us. But from what I recollect pregnancy sex can be pretty awesome with all that extra blood flow and what not.

4. littlek

GOLD / squash / 13576 posts

@Adira: @snowjewelz: I think it all depends.. my friend recently miscarried at 7 weeks and saw the heartbeat at 6 weeks.. IMPO, I will feel safe after my 8 week u/s.

5. littlek

@missybear: dang girl.. that's a lot! As for m/c, it can go either way there can be bleeding or no bleeding. I think after you see the baby at your next appt you will feel more secure.

6. AngelicOne

persimmon / 1050 posts

@missybear: I keep worrying about this too but my first appt is on Monday, so hopefully this little bean is still growing.

7. littlek

There are a LOT of people on this thread should we have a separate thread which lists names, due dates and fun facts about everyone. That way we don't have to scroll through a loooooooonnnnnng thread.

8. littlek

@FaithFertility: are you joining us officially????

9. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@missybear: Glad your orientation went well! I'm really anxious for my u/s appt next week! I can't wait. I think that you can have a missed miscarriage, which is when growth just stops (no bleeding or whatnot), so I am really impatient and nervous to see that little heartbeat! I try not to stress about it, though, because there really isn't anything you can do at this point.

@MrsScallop: I always like hearing of people who have gone through it!! It's definitely not ideal, but I'm hoping it works

@magnolia: Our lease is up at the end of Sept, but we need to let them know in July or August, so we'll see. There are a few other things we need to think about, too. So many big decisions! Haha.

And I talk to our little bean every day on my walks, so hopefully it is listening to mom and growing and staying strong! I mean, it has to listen to its mom, right?!

10. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@littlek: Yeah, it moves so quickly that it's hard to keep the updates on the current page! Here's an update, just for anyone who wants it.

December Mommas

December 1: MamaG (#2), MrsF (#2)
    December 3: Sandy (#2), luv2beamom (#1)
    December 4: theotherstark (#1), MissyBear (#1), mrsmangomochi (#2)
    December 5: Magnolia (#1), genarator (#2)
    December 6: AngelicOne (#1)
    December 7: snowjewelz (#1)
    December 8: cram88 (#2), littlek (#2)
    December 9: Mrs.Lilac (#1)
    December 11: MsMini (#2), ustechie (#2)
    December 13: ctegge0416 (#1)
    December 16: Adira (#2)
    December 18: MrsD (#1)
    December 19: MrsScallop (#2)
    December 20: PawPrints (#1)
    December 22: winniebee (#2), babypie (#2), busylizzy111 (#1)
    December 23: MrsJX3 (#1)
    December 25: whenoceansrise (#1), Allison (#2)

Appointments

April 21: AngelicOne, Mrsmangomochi
    April 23: MrsF, genarator
    April 24: theotherstark (u/s), winniebee, PawPrints (orientation)
    April 25: MissyBear (u/s)
    April 28: littlek
    April 29: Sandy, babypie
    May 1: ctegge0416
    May 6: theotherstark, mamag
    May 7: MissyBear
    May 9: Adira, MrsD
    May 12: MrsScallop
    May 15: Adira, MrsJX3, busylizzy111
    May 27: MrsScallop
    June 3: whenoceansrise

11. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

Regarding the miscarriage statistics by week, I found this:

"After heartbeat is detected, risk of miscarriage is 9.4% at 6wks; 4.2% at 7wks; 1.5% at 8wks; 0.5% at 9wks"

https://sites.google.com/site/miscarriageresearch/miscarriage-general

I am at 5 weeks 0 days as of today, so I am really hoping these next couple of weeks go by quickly and uneventfully.

12. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@PawPrints: Those stats are even better than the ones I saw! If only I could get in for a u/s to actually see the heartbeat! I don't think I'm going to get an ultrasound until 12 weeks though.

I'm 5 weeks too, so I totally feel you!

13. missybear

grape / 88 posts

Thank you all so much for the reassurrance! It's just such a nerve-wracking time, waiting to see the little one. I'm contemplating calling to try to get an u/s even earlier.. haha I'm going crazy apparently.

14. Adira

@missybear: I hear you! It gives me so much anxiety that I'm not going to be able to see/hear that this baby is doing okay until I'm practically out of the first trimester!

15. littlek

@missybear: Personally, I wouldn't worry until you have a reason to worry. Best to just assume everything is going perfectly fine.

16. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

@theotherstark: I would say the only bad part about it was trying to store the baby stuff (we were gifted lots of gear that took up quite a bit of room) and figuring out where to put the crib and changing table and such.

@PawPrints: Thanks for the stats! I worry about m/c as well, but I won't have a chance at seeing/hearing a heartbeat until 10 weeks, so I just have to sit and wait. I still have a bunch of cheapie tests lying around though, so I still POAS on occasion to make myself feel better - ha!

17. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@missybear: Don't you have an u/s next week? You will be fine, and I'm sure everything is progressing normally. You have to just keep that positive attitude - you are far more likely to have a fine, viable pregnancy than a m/c.

@MrsScallop: Yeah, I'm a bit worried about the space issue. We'll see!

18. snowjewelz

Feeling so thankful! Saw a blob and heard heartbeat today at 6 weeks! So glad I made DH come! OB is putting my EDD at 12/10 now.

19. Adira

@snowjewelz: YAY!!!! Congratulations!!!! Wonderful pic there!!!

20. littlek

@snowjewelz: yay!! Congrats!

21. missybear

grape / 88 posts

@snowjewelz: Look at that beautiful little blob!! So precious Congrats, mama!

22. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@snowjewelz: great news! Congrats!

23. littlek

@snowjewelz: do you have to keep going every week?

24. AngelicOne

persimmon / 1050 posts

@snowjewelz: Yay! Cute lil blob.

25. snowjewelz

@missybear: that's what I'm calling it too... A blob literally!

@littlek: thank heavens no! Next appointment is in 2 weeks so I'll be 8 weeks. Got this huge stack of papers about all the tests that will happen, etc...

26. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@snowjewelz: YAY!

27. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@snowjewelz: Awesome!!! Congrats!

28. winniebee

Re: miscarriage. I do worry about it, but not as much as last time. I had an early miscarriage before my son (5 weeks) and I was completely heartbroken over it. On the one hand, I feel like I have paid my dues already and this pregnancy just has to stick! Then again, I have a friend that saw normal u/s at 10 weeks and then no heartbeat at the 12 week NT scan. So, I probably won't stop worrying about it and definitely won't go public until after the NT scan (though, I do plan to tell my family when I see them in a few weeks around 7 weeks!)

29. Adira

@winniebee: Oh wow, that's so sad for your friend! It's so unfair to see everything is fine and normal at 10 weeks and then still lose the pregnancy. How heartbreaking.

I REALLY want to tell people during Memorial Day weekend because we'll actually see all our parents that weekend! BUT I'll only be 10.5 weeks and probably won't have had an u/s yet. *sigh*

30. snowjewelz

It is so hard. Seeing the heartbeat was def reassuring but it's only half way! It's even worse from now on... Since to me, the baby would have "died" vs just not materialize... Such a roller coaster! I let DH tell his mom anyway. He told me when we got home that he got teary when he heard the heartbeat! I was just relieved that it's growing. Plus kinda hard to be emotionally with a thing stuck up my thing... lol

31. Adira

Okay ladies, I need advice. So I'm planning on at least tell my parents by hanging out with them with Xander wearing a big brother shirt of some kind. Which of these do you guys like the best? Or do you have any other suggestions? SOMEONE (*cough*@littlek*cough*) wouldn't sell me theirs!

32. littlek

@snowjewelz: yay!!! That would have gotten old fast.

33. snowjewelz

@Adira: Ahhhh the elephant one is so cute!

34. winniebee

@Adira: I got one from Carter's for same purpose! I'm partial to the blue one Bc I can imagine the white ones getting filthy

http://m.kohls.com/kohlsopenapi/productmobile.html?productID=1690718/Carter-s-Big-Brother-Tee-Toddler.jsp?ci_mcc=ci&srccode=cii_17588969&cpncode=35-195478053-2&CID=shopping15

35. Adira

@snowjewelz: I like the elephant one too! Plus Xander's whole bedroom theme is elephants! (At least until we kick him out of the nursery...)

@winniebee: When are you thinking of having your LO wear the shirt to tell people?

36. winniebee

@Adira: for my parents at 7 weeks :). Others sometime in second tri. Probably won't do a social media announcement until we find out the gender.

37. Adira

@winniebee: Doesn't look like that shirt comes in 18M, although maybe if I actually look on the Carter's website. And I'm with you - not telling social media until around 20 weeks. Though we're also not telling our parents until after the 12 week u/s!

38. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

@snowjewelz: Beautiful picture! Congrats!

@Adira: I kind of love the robots, with the elephants as a close second. They are just adorable!

I have a plan to buy my LO a "big sister" shirt and take pictures of her in it that will end up in the Groovebook I send to my ILs every month. Not sure what month I will do it (or if I will make it that long - they may guess first), but I think it will be fun!

39. winniebee

@Adira: 7 weeks seems like an eternity for me since I told them right away last time!

40. Adira

@winniebee: I don't blame you! Waiting until second trimester is sooooooo hard!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee