Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014 Moms!

1. littlek

GOLD / squash / 13576 posts

@winniebee: I'm opposite. We told my parent a right away last time we waited till 2nd trimester to tell anyone including family.

@Adira: I'm sorry the shirt still fits.. He's a shortie like momma...

2. littlek

We are going to get some professional pics taken of LO in big bro shirt which we will turn into postcard and mail to family.

3. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@littlek: I wanted to tell them right away but my brother and his wife only just announced (due a month ahead of me) and it's their first so I figured I would just wait til we saw them ;). And I kind of wanted to tell them in person anyways.

4. winniebee

@littlek: what shirt did u get?

5. littlek

@winniebee: it's off etsy, I'll send you pic tonight.

6. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@littlek: haha, totally okay!!! I understand! I was just teasing.

7. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

We announced early to our parents/siblings. Last time it was within hours of the positive test. This time we waited a week. I really wanted to wait until my appointment at 10 weeks but DH really wasn't having that.

We did photos of LO in a shirt that says "Super Sister" and she also was holding two different signs we got from etsy. One said "I'm being promoted to big sister" and the other said "Pink or blue? Either will do! Mommy's expecting number 2"

Actually, this is how I told my boss as well. I had the collection of photos on my phone, which started with just Easter photos and progresses into the announcement photos. My boss got the first photo that said I"m being promoted... he just looked up and said, "REALLY?".

Since I didn't get to see anyone's reaction in our families, it was fun to see my boss react.

8. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

If anyone is looking for cute ways to tell your family, check this out:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/185687496/pregnancy-announcement-birth?ref=shop_home_active_3

9. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@snowjewelz: Yah for a picture and heartbeat. Congrats!

10. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

@Adira: Elephants!

11. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@snowjewelz: Awww yay!! Great picture of the little bub

12. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

Oh the cute announcements are the best. I am so incredibly excited to tell our parents but we both really want to wait until after the 12 week mark and the NT screen. Our parents have no clue we were TTC or even remotely in the realm of thinking about parenthood so I want to be really certain before we drop this bombshell. They're going to flip.

I'm thinking we'll mail them something like this and tell them not to open it until we're on the phone with them: https://www.etsy.com/listing/183813533/gift-for-grandparents-the-best-parents?ref=market

13. AngelicOne

persimmon / 1050 posts

@whenoceansrise: Cute.

I'm thinking about doing something along the lines of https://www.etsy.com/listing/126535778/the-best-sisters-are-promoted-to-aunt?ref=sr_gallery_42&ga_search_query=aunt+to+be&ga_ship_to=US&ga_page=6&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery for my sister with everyone around. I'll be 12 weeks by the time we go out to visit them so I can't wait. Keeping this secret is way too hard.

I think I want to do a chalkboard sign for my dog for when we tell everyone else.

14. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

@snowjewelz: Fantastic picture!

15. MRSJX3

cherry / 245 posts

@missybear: @Adira: I'm in the same boat as both of you. I am TERRIFIED of miscarrying. One minute I'm okay, the next, I'm paralyzed with fear about it.

I keep having cramps which I know is normal in early pregnancy. But every time, I go to Google to see if it could be an indication of ectopic/miscarriage. Someone please tell me they are having cramps on and off too!

16. MRSJX3

cherry / 245 posts

@snowjewelz: That's a wonderful picture!!! Congratulations!!

17. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@snowjewelz: yay! Beautiful baby blob!

18. septca

GOLD / pomegranate / 3688 posts

I am so lonely on my January thread. Can I hang out with you girls for a little while (I will likely have a december baby anyway)???

I hope so, because I have a couple of burning questions:
    1. Will someone please (pretty please?) give me permission to drink the last glass in the bottle of my favorite wine?
    2. Can I start wearing my mat clothes, like, immediately? Hmmmm... Elastic waistbands...

19. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@septca: welcome friend! Stay as long as you like

20. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@Adira: I like the robots and then the elephants...soooo cute!

21. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

@septca: Hah you might feel weird drinking the wine while wearing the maternity clothes, but I say go for it on both counts. Welcome!

22. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@septca: yayay welcome and congrats!!! when is your edd?? I will keep you on our list too

And totally drink that wine! I've already started wearing a pair of maternity jeans, so you aren't alone. They're just so dang comfy!

23. AngelicOne

persimmon / 1050 posts

@MRSJX3: Yes I have had a few cramps. I figured it's just everything expanding in there.

@septca: The more the merrier, so welcome & congrats!

24. winniebee

@septca: to both -- yes! Im in camp a drink every so often in pregnancy is not a bad thing. My last ob told me to have a glass of wine every now and again. I think last pregnancy I had 3-4 drinks in the third tri.

25. allison

pear / 1895 posts

@MRSJX3: I've been having really light cramping, off and on, for about a week!

Last time, I had moderate cramping, localized on one side, which freaked me out re: ectopic. So I went in to have an US to check. Everything was fine! But if you're ever concerned, I would call, just to be sure.

26. littlek

@septca: yay!!! Glad to see you here!

27. MrsScallop

persimmon / 1328 posts

@septca: hooray! Congrats! I say yes to both. Honestly, we went out for sushi when I found out and I drank one last glass of wine that night too. And I have totally worn my maternity pants at home. Can't wait to feel like I can wear them to work too.

28. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

@septca: Congratulations!! Of course you're welcome here

29. MRSJX3

cherry / 245 posts

@allison: @angelicone: Thank you both so much! Sometimes knowing others are experiencing the same thing helps immensely!!!

30. MRSJX3

cherry / 245 posts

@septca: yes! Hang out! Consider staying for the long haul!!

31. winniebee

@MRSJX3: I had them a lot last time - just your uterus growing

32. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@MRSJX3: my cramps were pretty bad the first two weeks after BFP! Not to worry as long as it's not severe and no bleeding!

@septca: Hey there! Congrats and welcome!! Hang out here with us

Someone at church tonight just had 6th sense and guessed that I was pregnant! I thought for a sec my parents blabbed lol! I did tell them tho if someone asks point blank not to like but just ask them to keep in on the DL.

33. snowjewelz

Oh btw... My SIL texted me and said that she has a list of safe skin/hair/make up products for me since the regular stuff are all harmful. I was like umm sure... But I'm pretty sure my normal things are okay to use? Thoughts?

34. winniebee

@snowjewelz: I used my normal stuff last pregnancy. None of it has salacyic acid. Cosmedix gentle cleanse face wash and phytomer toner and moisturizer.

35. Miss Ariel

nectarine / 2210 posts

So I'm joining in the fun here, which feels a little weird since so few people still know... but I guess that's how it goes!

EDD: 12/10

When Did You Find Out?: Last Sunday

Child Number: 1st

Where do you live?: Louisiana

What kind of provider will you see?: Obgyn

When's Your First Appointment?: May 5th

What kind of birth do you want?: My mom had both me and my brother naturally, so that's always what I imagined for myself.

What You're Most Excited For: Actually showing, and looking pregnant

What You're Most Scared About: Definitely miscarriage, and that this doesn't actually happen

Symptoms so far: Brushing my teeth has been miserable. I've already switch to a natural toothpaste (Tom's of Maine Orange Mango) which is a lot better, but still not perfect.

And yeah!!! I'm so glad, excited, happy to be joining in!!!

36. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@theotherstark: Thanks for all the updates! Don't know how you keep track, you are awesome! I have another appointment 4/24 for more test results.

Hit a pregnancy milestone last night... having to unbutton my jeans after eating. Embarrassing! Feeling nausea full on today. Not happy about it although I guess it's a good sign. Hope you all have a nice weekend.

37. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@Miss Ariel: Congrats!

@snowjewelz: cute pic!! yay!!

38. snowjewelz

@Miss Ariel: welcome! My OB said my EDD is 12/10 also!

39. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@magnolia: awesome - I've updated you on the list! And I've def had to unbutton my jeans already. Yikes. Haha. The hair band trick helps!

@Miss Ariel: congratulations and welcome

40. winniebee

@Miss Ariel: welcome!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee