Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014 Moms!

1. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

Any other second time moms already getting Braxton hicks? I've had a few random ones over the weekend (19w). Seems early but according to hellobee I guess it's common.

2. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@littlek: Nothing really... I walk the dog, clean the house to stay active. I'll finally get to go swimming as the hotel we're staying at for an out of state wedding has a pool!

3. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@AngelicOne: I'm so sorry about your grandma

4. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

Updates! Please let me know if I missed anything.

December Mommas

November 26: MissyBear (#1 )
    November 27: MsMini (#2 )
    November 28: snowjewelz (#1 )
    December 1: MamaG (#2 ), MrsF (#2 )
    December 2: josina (#1 )
    December 3: Sandy (#2 ), luv2beamom (#1 )
    December 4: theotherstark (#1 ), mrsmangomochi (#2 )
    December 5: Magnolia (#1 ), genarator (#2 ), AngelicOne (#1 ), ustechie (#2 )
    December 6: littlek (#2 )
    December 8: cram88 (#2 ), Mrs.Lilac (#1 )
    December 10: Miss Ariel (#1)
    December 11: Jax (#1 & 2 )
    December 13: cheert16 (#2 )
    December 14: faithfertility (#1)
    December 16: Adira (#2 )
    December 18: MrsD (#1)
    December 19: MrsScallop (#2)
    December 21: whenoceansrise (#1), winniebee (#2 )
    December 22: babypie (#2), brawly (#2), shimmer (#3)
    December 23: MrsJX3 (#1 )
    December 25: Allison (#2 ), Mrs. Tea (#2)
    December 29: mrsbookworm (#2 )
    January 1: oliviaoblivia (#2)

Appointments

July 28: faithfertility (anatomy)
    July 30: littlek
    July 31: MrsD (anatomy), winniebee
    August 1: Allison (anatomy), snowjewelz
    August 4: AngelicOne, MamaG (OB)
    August 6: MamaG (MFM), Jax
    August 7: whenoceansrise (gender)
    August 12: sandy (anatomy #2), josina
    August 13: snowjewelz
    August 15: winniebee, Adira
    August 22: theotherstark

Team Girl
    MamaG
    genarator
    littlek
    mrsbookworm
    snowjewelz
    Sandy
    cheert16
    Mrs.Lilac

Team Boy
    MrsF
    Magnolia
    AngelicOne
    cram88
    mrsmangomochi
    MissyBear
    luv2beamom
    josina
    ustechie
    Adira
    theotherstark
    winniebee

Team Green
    MsMini
    Allison
    MrsJX3

5. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

Here is our sweet baby!!!!!!! Thank you God!
    Looking healthy and right on track 20week +1
    Tech said she could tell gender so that is sealed in an envelope until Thursday.......if we can make it

Ohhh and it was confirmed I have an anterior placenta....I was suspecting since I rarely feel movement and if I do its to the side.....so that made me feel better

6. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@littlek: Spinning is a go, she just said be careful and let your self tell you how long/ strong to go....she doesn't recommend the "jumps" like butt off seat and up and back down.....

7. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@FaithFertility: Eeeeh, congratulations on a good anatomy scan! Awesome picture!! I can't wait to hear how things go on Thursday!!

8. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@FaithFertility: Aww so precious!

9. littlek

GOLD / squash / 13576 posts

@FaithFertility: adorable pic!!! Thanks for asking about spinning!!

10. snowjewelz

@FaithFertility: Can't wait for you to find out!

And don't worry, I have anterior placenta too but I would say since 21 weeks I can feel her move/kick everyday!

11. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@FaithFertility: Awww - little cutie pie! So glad things looked good. And I'm so excited for you to find out on Thursday!!

12. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@FaithFertility: so sweet! Baby looks all cozy in there!

13. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@FaithFertility: so cuuute!!! Can't wait to find out if that's a baby boy or girl.

14. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@Mrs.Lilac: aww it looks like you had a sweet little celebration!

I have been wanting to do a prenatal yoga class but I have to find one that fits my work schedule. I live in NYC and I walk/do stairs a lot but I definitely want to get more exercise and stretching in. I have had terrible pain in my hip/lower back for the past few days. I have to squat to bend down and found myself grunting at work today getting up. So embarassing!!!

15. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@FaithFertility: gorgeous baby!!!!

16. winniebee

@FaithFertility: Perfect little baby. My guess is !

17. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@winniebee: Any news on your bloodwork doll?

18. Adira

I'm officially 20 weeks! Halfway!!

19. snowjewelz

@Adira: Congrats!

20. Adira

@snowjewelz: Thank you!!

I also showed Hubs the dresser I want from Target and he liked it and basically gave me the go-ahead to buy two of them!!

21. snowjewelz

@Adira: Woohoo! A win for you! I'm the money person between the two of us so DH would never know what I'm doing muahaha. But then I'm the more stingy one!

22. Adira

@snowjewelz: haha, I'm ALSO the money person, so Hubs would really have no clue if I just bought them! BUT since they were kind of pricey and I want two, I figured I should run it by him first.

23. winniebee

@MrsMccarthy: not yet. It usually takes a week they said. A week would be tomorrow.

24. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@winniebee: I'll be thinking of you and I am expecting good news!

25. littlek

@Adira: DH is our money person.. but he actually has more expensive taste than me.. so, it works out for me.

26. Adira

@littlek: haha, very nice!!

27. littlek

@Adira: I usually show him ranges and he ALWAYS picks out the most expensive one. It's hilarious.

28. Adira

@littlek: haha, my husband is usually the exact opposite! He's always looking for ways to save! But every so often, he's very easy going, like with the whole dresser situation.

29. littlek

@Adira: Those prices don't seem bad, I'd go for it.

30. Adira

@littlek: Yeah, that's what I was thinking! They are kind of pricey for Target, but it's real wood and it's cheaper than buying something from a furniture store!

31. allison

pear / 1895 posts

@winniebee: Yep, I've been having BH for a few weeks now. I haven't had too many lately, but for a couple weeks, I had a few an hour, multiple times a day, for a couple days. It was kind of scary!

32. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Adira: Yay 1/2 way!!!!!

33. winniebee

@allison: I'm glad they slowed down! I often think I drink tons of water but then I really calculated it yesterday and realized it's really not enough. My goal is to drink over 100 oz of water a day and hopefully that will help me!

34. allison

pear / 1895 posts

@winniebee: Yeah, I think I'm not drinking enough water, either. It's just hard because drinking more = peeing more, and I pee PLENTY as it is. When I've got a toddler that wants to go and do all day, I can't stop every 10 minutes to pee! But I know water intake is important for the baby. Sighhh.

35. allison

pear / 1895 posts

I'm having some listeria testing done, after eating some of the recalled stone fruit in June and July. I thought I was in the clear because I hadn't gotten sick. But apparently, you might still have the bacteria (and pass it to the baby) but not show any symptoms, or have very mild symptoms you might not contribute to listeria (like nausea, muscle soreness). The effects on the fetus can be detrimental.

All that to say, if you've eaten any of the recalled fruit, PLEASE insist on blood and stool tests! I don't think the tests are definitive, as far as ruling out the listeria, but it's better than doing nothing. Listeria is scary stuff.

36. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

Similar to Adira's halfway comment. I realized yesterday that I was in fact 22 weeks. Since my c-section is scheduled for 38 weeks that means I have 16 weeks left. Holy canoli! C will move to her big girl room this weekend and I really need to get the nursery revamped quickly. I need to go through clothes and toys and purge what we won't reuse.

For the second time moms, rock and play? We didn't have one for C but I see so many rave about them around here. We had the momaroo which C wasn't a fan of. I need to get something in the swing/bouncer arena of gear but I'm not sure what we really want. C slept in our room in the pack and play for the first 3 months and then we moved her to the crib.

Also, gliders? We had a rocking/recliner with C that I really didn't like. But it was repurposed from another part of our house. No cost was the appeal. I can make it work if I need to, but would prefer a glider. Tell me what you have and love.

37. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@winniebee: 100oz oz go you!!!!!
    I try to drink. As much as I can, I don't think I drink. Enough though......

38. winniebee

@MamaG: loved the R&P. T slept in that until 4 months at night. Also loved the fischer price snugabunny swing - he took a lot of naps in that until 4 months too.

As far as gliders, we have a flexteel one and love it. looks like a normal easy chair but glides. Something like this: http://www.flexsteel.com/home-furniture/products/chairs-and-ottomans/lounge-chairs/sku/022C-13

39. Adira

@MamaG: 16 weeks left???? Crazy!!!

As far as the rock 'n play - we didn't have one for Xander and I don't plan to get one for baby #2 either. Unless I find he's colicky and I'm desperate, I'm going to stick with the bassinet and then crib, just like we did with Xander. We also had a rocking chair with Xander. I pretty much only used it while nursing. I'm planning on using it for baby #2 for nursing as well. It worked great for nursing, so I'm planning on using it again.

40. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@allison: ahhhh! So I ate some of the recalled fruit and talked to several docs and they all told me it has to be a significant amount of tainted fruit and that if I have no symptoms that there is no need to do any testing . I'm just so sick with worry

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee