Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014 Moms!

1. Mrs.Lilac

apricot / 348 posts

I really can't decide wether to get a side sleeper like the snuz pod or just go for a bassinet? I love the idea that baby is right there next to you but they are really expensive and don't last very long... Really not sure. What do you moms recommend?

2. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@Mrs.Lilac: We used a bassinet, but only because it was gifted to us! I'm not sure I would've bothered to buy one. But it WAS really nice to have it right next to my bed. Plus ours had wheels, so we could wheel it around to different locations of the house without waking the baby. AND it had these rocking feet that could come down and over the wheels so you could rock it. It was really quite nice. But we only used it for 3 months and then Xander moved to his crib. So I'm not sure buying it new would've been worth it.

3. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

I already have 2 hand me down RnP so I guess that's what I'll be using! I registered for a pack & play to put next to our bed... I didn't want to get a bassinet b/c it really only has this one use.

4. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

Our stroller comes with a bassinet that is removable and approved for sleeping, so we'll most likely be using that, at least for the first few months.

5. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@snowjewelz: we are also just planning on using the pack & play to put next to our bed. we didn't want to get a bassinet for the same reason. i'd definitely use it if we were gifted one though!

@theotherstark: that will work out great!

6. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

We used a pack n play in our bedroom for C. We didn't do a bassinet because it seemed expensive for such a temporary use. The pack n play we knew would get used for travel (which we did use up to about 2.5 years). The pack n play was also a means for corraling C when she started to get mobile and I needed to do things like use the bathroom or get a meal ready.

7. snowjewelz

@whenoceansrise: I'd probably return it if someone randomly gifted us one lol. But they are so pretty! I'm starting to get offers for tons of hand me downs so maybe there is a bassinet in our future after all...

8. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

Ummmm..hunger in full effect today!
    Woke up @6 a.m. hungry so I drank a carnation breakfast shake
    Woke at 8 had a bagel and yogurt
    Now 10:40 made 3 scrambled eggs...sooo good so I scrambled 1 more...lol and I am still hungry.......baby must be having a growth spurt

9. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Mrs.Lilac: I am leaning for bassinet/pack and play combo..... but I like it alll!!!!

10. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@snowjewelz: oooh I didn't even think about returning it! Good idea!

11. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@FaithFertility: My husband has been calling me Hobbit because I have been eating breakfast, second breakfast, lunch, and second lunch. Ha.

Sounds like baby is getting lots of good protein!! I love having scrambled eggs (+ spinach + bacon) in the morning! Sooo good.

12. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@theotherstark: I'm addicted to scrambled eggs.......I should to try to sneak some spinach in there......greens still make me gag at times......

13. littlek

GOLD / squash / 13576 posts

All good at appt today. Next appt is sept 2nd for gestational diabetes.

14. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@littlek:

15. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

Well someone else Loves the pregnancy pillow too......
    She is such a love bug

16. Adira

@FaithFertility: That pillow does look pretty comfy!

Anyone else getting heartburn?? Last time it didn't start for me until well into the third trimester, but I've been getting it the last couple days. NOT a fan.

17. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@FaithFertility: oh man I hate how much green make me gag these days! It's awful! All of my favorite things like my favorite kale salad make me sick to even think about. When are you revealing your babies gender?

18. snowjewelz

@FaithFertility: Aww so cute!

I'm still making do with my normal body pillow... Thankfully my friend has a pregnancy pillow I can borrow for later!

@Adira: I had it randomly in 1st trimester or very early 2nd trimester. I hope it doesn't stay!

19. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Adira: Yes, I get it some days....milk seems to help me...so I make sure to drink. A glass before bed and sit up in bed for a few....sorry

@MrsMccarthy: Yes, I try so hard .....I can do zucchini, but really nothing else, I am going to start adding it to some smoothies, I want to make sure I am giving the babe some

20. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@Adira: Virtually no heartburn which is a complete switch from my prior pregnancy when I had it almost immediately and it was progressively worse throughout my pregnancy.

21. Adira

@FaithFertility: Yes, milk definitely helps!! Last time around, I kept Tums with me at all times in case it sprung up on me and I might have to do that again, haha.

@MamaG: I hope you don't get it this time around at all!

22. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@Adira: Well if you believe the old tale that heartburn comes from a lot of hair on your baby's head, then it was definitely true for our first. And this one will be bald. The heartburn might have been a small price to pay for a baby with a full head of hair at birth.

23. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@Adira: I had terrible heart burn with T but have been ok so far this time!

24. Adira

@MamaG: haha, I don't! Xander had barely any hair and I had horrible heartburn with him, especially at the end!

@winniebee: I hope you don't get it! I think heartburn was my most hated symptom last time!

25. winniebee

@Adira: I popped tums like crazy!

26. Adira

@winniebee: I did too!!

27. snowjewelz

I bought a huge tub of tums, turns out I really hate tums

28. Adira

@snowjewelz: Aww, bummer.

29. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@FaithFertility: Ha, my dog does that too. When I get up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, I come back and he's totally swiped my spot

@Adira: Sorry about the heartburn I haven't gotten it (I think? I have no idea. Presumably I would know what it feels like??), thankfully. But I'm still throwing up in the mornings, so there's that.

Anyone else having a horrible time sleeping? I keep waking up in the middle of the night and not being able to go back to sleep!

30. snowjewelz

@Adira: I had never really taken tums before.... And when I started getting heartburn people were like yeah! Pop them nonstop! I ate one at work and just about threw up right there!

@theotherstark: A little bit! I have to get up to pee but many times I can't fall right back asleep like I used to!

31. Adira

@theotherstark: Yeah, you'd know if you had it! It's kind of a burning in your chest/throat.

@snowjewelz: Maybe you didn't get the fruity flavored ones? I love those.

@theotherstark: I always wake up in the middle of the night to pee, but the past few days I've been able to fall back asleep okay. Previously, I wasn't able to because Hubs was snoring or something, but he's stopped, so I can sleep again!

32. snowjewelz

@Adira: They are... I think it's the texture... How it's chalky... I don't know... I can't even think about it anymore lol!

33. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@snowjewelz: @Adira: Ew, yeah, I can't stand Tums. Haha. Hopefully the heartburn stays away!!

34. Adira

@snowjewelz: hahaha, yeah, my husband doesn't like Tums either. So you're not alone!

35. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@theotherstark: hahahahahahah her too

36. winniebee

@theotherstark: yeah I wake to pee 2-5x a night and tsos and turn half the night. Half a unisom tablet helps me occasionally.

37. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@Adira: @snowjewelz: Confession: I sometimes stalk this thread because I'm due on January 3. Haha! Anyway, now that I'm outed...try candied ginger for heartburn! (Unless of course you hate ginger.) It's natural and isn't chalky!

38. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@winniebee: Ugh, I'm sorry. Although I'm glad I'm not the only one! It's made me a walking zombie today. Yuck. So ready for the weekend!

39. winniebee

@theotherstark: I'm in zombie mode too. To top it off my son who usually doesn't wake up was up for like an hour last night randomly. Ughhh.

40. snowjewelz

@mfa_lady: lol, I'm technically due 11/28! Wonder if we will truly be Dec moms or not!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee