Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014: What's in a name?

1. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@Adira: It is so much easier once you can at least narrow down the gender! I was literally stressed out thinking about boy names haha. I love Kaelyn!

2. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@snowjewelz: haha, that's like us last time! We had a boy name picked out, but we could NOT agree on a girl's name for the life of us!

3. snowjewelz

@Adira: So it worked out for you!! I was pretty much hoping for a girl for that sole reason, lol!

4. Adira

@snowjewelz: haha, yeah, it all worked out last time! Now we haven't even talked about it, so I guess it won't even matter what we have! We'll just figure out the name after!

5. Adira

So we briefly talked about names last night. I think a girl will be either Kaelyn or Zoey and a boy will be Logan. Not sure of middle names though.

6. snowjewelz

@Adira: I love all the names! We're stuck on middle name too right now but kinda just slacking off now!

7. Adira

@snowjewelz: Middle names are the HARDEST. We were lucky because we had a boy last time and just used Hubs' middle name which was also his dad's middle name, so it was a family thing. I have no idea what we'll do this time around! Hopefully we'll figure it out before December!

8. snowjewelz

@Adira: I could cop out and use my mom's name for her middle name haha, right now that's a last resort. My middle name is my Chinese name, but I never use it so I feel like she should just have a real middle name or nothing.

9. Adira

@snowjewelz: I could cop out and use my middle name for a girl, but I don't actually think it goes well with either Kaelyn or Zoey. And Hubs seems to think we're using Xavier as a middle name if it's a boy and I was all "Um... no." (He was thinking Xavier because it's from X-Men and Logan is the name of Wolverine from X-Men)

10. snowjewelz

@Adira: Ahhhh lol. It's okay, my DH had outrageous ideas too. I think at one point I was like, if you don't have a good legit suggestion then don't say it!

11. Adira

@snowjewelz: hahaha, yeah, Hubs used to not offer up suggestions and would just veto mine! So now I take even the ridiculous suggestions because sometimes he throws a good one in there (Kaelyn was his suggestion)!

12. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

Yay names!
    Forna boy we are going the junior route... but his intials will be A.J. so using that nickname

Girl is Giuliana Grace

13. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Adira: So Logan it is!?!?!?

14. Adira

@FaithFertility: I think so! Although still no middle name!

15. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Adira: Middles are hard I agree

16. Adira

@FaithFertility: I like James for a middle name, but Hubs isn't so sure!

17. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Adira: I like it
    Hubs is not to into our girl middle name Grace, he likes my middle name Lynn which I do too but not with his italian last name....lol

18. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@FaithFertility: love your girl name!!! We loved Julianna for a girl but we have a friend who used it. I prefer the way you're spelling it too

@Adira: I love Logan!!!

We have ours narrowed down to a top 5 but nothing is jumping out at us. We asked LO and she said a name that we put on the list too.

19. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@sandy: Thank you

Awww sweet is the name Elsa...lol
    My niece wants that name for the baby....ohhh Frozen

20. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

Okay, since I am pretty sure this baby is a boy (will know for sure in 14 days, woo!) I *think* I have a name picked out.

Easton Samuel

Easton because we are Christian and well "Afterward he brought me to the gate, the gate that faces towar the east. And behold, the glory of the God of Israel came from the way of the east. His voice was like the sound of many waters; and the earth shone with His glory"- Ezekiel 43:1-2 Jesus is coming back from the east

21. snowjewelz

@whenoceansrise: it!

What makes you think it'll be a boy?

22. Adira

@whenoceansrise: Yay for names!!! Have you guys discussed girl names just in case?? I feel like there's always one gender that it's easier to figure out what you'll use and then you're at a total loss for the other!

23. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@whenoceansrise: Aw, I love those names!

24. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@snowjewelz: I don't know how to explain it! Just a feeling. Plus both of our families are full of boys. I would LOVE to have a baby girl too. I just think it's a boy!

@Adira: We have! I actually thought girl names would be easier, but now I just can't decide! P.s I LOVE Logan.

25. snowjewelz

@whenoceansrise: Can't wait to see if your intuition is right! My deep gut said girl but I was afraid to even admit to myself. I now think we'll have 2 girls b/c God gave us 2 girl names and we never ever could agree on even 1 boy name!

26. Adira

@whenoceansrise: haha, that's exactly how we were with our first. I thought the girl name would be so easy to pick and then we just couldn't agree!! And now I'm so curious to see if your intuition is right and you really are having a boy!!!

27. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@theotherstark: thank you
    @snowjewelz: @Adira: I'm curious too, although I am totally open to the fact that I could be wrong! I just want a healthy baby

28. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

Boy names were impossibly hard for us, so thankfully we have two girls. Our first, C, was so easy to name. She was named within 48 hours of my BFP. My DH knew it was a girl and wouldn't even entertain discussing boy names.

This time around, I was feeling more boy-ish but kept finding girl names. We have finally settled on a girl name, which wasn't any of the names I've already suggested here. Our #2 will be Kaylee.

29. snowjewelz

@whenoceansrise: Of course! Thats why I refused to even say what I thought it would be cause it really didn't matter but now I kinda believe in a mother's intuition!

30. Jax

pea / 6 posts

We're having twin boys and we've decided on one name and narrowed the other down to two. So, one twin will be named Silas (middle name is still in question - I'm suggesting William after DH's father, but he hasn't committed yet) and the other will either be Blake Prentice or Luke Prentice (Prentice after my grandfather).

It's so hard to pick boy names! We had agreed on girl names, so of course we're having boys!

31. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@whenoceansrise: ohhh I love Easton!!!!!!

32. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@whenoceansrise: I am so curious if you're having a boy! We have so many due in December.

I actually was pretty sure we were having a boy, too. Towards our scan, I convinced myself it was a girl because everyone was sure it was a girl, and I think I wanted to prepare myself in case it was a girl (not that I had a preference either way). But I was right initially - boy

33. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@whenoceansrise: Is Samuel also picked from Sarah's son?????

34. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@Jax: Twins!! So there are twins coming in December after all I was surprised with all of the ladies due then that there weren't any thus far

Have you checked out the main due date thread yet?

http://boards.hellobee.com/topic/december-2014-moms

And I love the name Silas!!

35. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@theotherstark: hahah aww Mom is right!!! I am thinking girl for us, EVERYONE and I mean EVERYONE says the babe is a boy..so I feel bad that if its a girl no one thought so silly I know.....lol

36. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Jax: I like Silas and Blake

37. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@FaithFertility: It's after Hannah's son!
    @theotherstark: yes, everyone has their opinion! The other night I had a dream that it's a girl though!

38. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@whenoceansrise: Sarah.....where did I get Sarah???????? I meant Hannah........
    Samuel is her son from God

Prego brain!

39. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@FaithFertility: haha yeah! Sarah and Isaac maybe?

40. Adira

@Jax: I love love LOVE Silas! And I think either Blake or Luke is good!!

@MamaG: Love Kaylee! I have a friend named Kaylee and she is so sweet (and an awesome baker)!

So I think we've switched middle names to Matthew. So Logan Matthew might be our boy. It flows better with our last name than Logan James did. It's still not set in stone though!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee