Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2015 Moms!

1. lovehoneybee

GOLD / wonderful pea / 17697 posts

@mrszack: Yep to the hair loss...except on my arms and belly, which are suddenly much hairier. Thankful for blonde hair there!!!

2. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

@Mrswonderwoman: Welcome to the group! Congrats!

Hope everyone is doing well!

3. Yogini bee

coffee bean / 32 posts

Hi all and welcome @mrswonderwomen (great name!). Hope everyone's well. I can't believe we're around half way now

I have my 20 week scan on Wednesday. I'm a little nervous as this scan checks for anomolies but excited to see her/him again. And we get to find out the sex too, which I can't wait to find out. I haven't bought anything baby related yet so will definely buy a little outfit once we have confirmation. Has anyone else started to buy for the baby? I imagine once I start I won't be able to stop! I've just finished for our summer holidays from school so have lots of time to plan and prepare now

Very excited this morning. I've felt what I think must be the 'fluttering' feeling for a few weeks but there was something resembling a kick when I put my hand on my stomach when I woke up. Very surreal!

4. Yogini bee

coffee bean / 32 posts

@mrszack...hope your 20 week scan went well

5. Foodnerd81

wonderful cherry / 21504 posts

@Yogini bee: I have my 20 week scan at the end of the month and we will find out the sex- I'm excited! We have everything from our first so haven't had to buy anything yet, but I'll probably buy a few boy outfits if it's a boy, since we already have a girl and a ton of girl clothes. But we were team green the first time so a lot of the newborn stuff is neutral anyway.

And I'll probably get some matching big sister/ little (brother or sister) things because I can't help myself.

6. cheesetomywhine

pear / 1586 posts

@Mrswonderwoman: welcome! You are due a day before me. Awesome to hear about your homebirth. My DH would be way to nervous for that...especially because my second came so quickly. But still what an amazing thing!

@Yogini bee: yay for your scan and fingers crossed baby cooperates and let's you find out the sex! As far as buying, for my first two (a girl then boy) I was TG so we have lots of neutrals. I did buy things early though. I doubt I'd be able to help myself if I knew!

I planned to be TG for this babe but I am seriously wavering as I think it'd be fun to experience finding out. DH is on board for either. It may be peer pressure! A friend suggested getting it in an envelope and if we decide we will have it...if not we don't have look. At any rate babe could decide to be shy so who knows!

7. Yogini bee

coffee bean / 32 posts

@foodnerd81: You haven't got long to wait either...how exciting And the matching outfits sound adorable!

@cheesetomywhine: Yes its definitely going to be hard to stop once I start buying I have a colleague who has done the envelope thing too. She wants to know but her partner doesn't. She's due in November and has been carrying around this envelope in her bag for weeks...I don't know how she hasn't looked!

Anyway, I'll be sure to let you know on Wednesday if were able to find out

8. Mrswonderwoman

cherry / 104 posts

Anyone else expecting # 2 and feeling like they are showing WAY earlier? With my first, I didn't have to really get into maternity bottoms until I was at least 20 weeks, though I did do the band thing for a while with some bottoms and wore maybe one or two shirts for length sooner than that. This time around, I'm definitely already showing quite a bit! AH!

9. Yogini bee

coffee bean / 32 posts

Had my anomoly (20 week) scan this morning. All looks good... and it's a boy Very excited now!

10. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

Sorry I've been away from this thread for a bit! Glad to hear everyone is doing well!

@Yogini bee: Congrats on a boy! Yay for a great scan!

I don't think I ever updated here (if I did, forgive me!) but we found out at our anatomy scan that our baby is a girl! We're very excited!

11. cheesetomywhine

pear / 1586 posts

@HappyBluebird: @Yogini bee: congratulations!

12. Yogini bee

coffee bean / 32 posts

@happybluebird, @cheesetomywhine: thank you And lovely news that yours is a girl @happybluebird!

13. NurseMommy

pear / 1812 posts

Hi! I realize I'm fairly late to the party, but may I please join? I'm due with #2 December 21st, DD is 26 months old, and I'm in Alberta.

14. NurseMommy

pear / 1812 posts

Uh oh... Hope I didn't kill your thread.

15. LulaBee

pear / 1837 posts

@NurseMommy: yes, you can join! Welcome and congrats!
    We are more active on our private FB page... I'm not sure who can add you to that- anyone?

16. lovehoneybee

GOLD / wonderful pea / 17697 posts

@mrszack: @Mrswonderwoman: @NurseMommy: Welcome! We have a much busier private FB group... @maybebaby: admins it, so you should all contact her (on her wall here, I guess?) to go about joining!

17. NurseMommy

pear / 1812 posts

@lovehoneybee: thanks I'll do that!

18. sotofamilia

kiwi / 612 posts

Ohh I didn't realize there was a Facebook group! I'll message her too.

19. maybebaby

nectarine / 2177 posts

@sotofamilia: I think I found you - are you in Queens?

20. maybebaby

nectarine / 2177 posts

@NurseMommy: I walled you!

21. sotofamilia

kiwi / 612 posts

@maybebaby: No, I'm in Maryland...my profile picture is my 2.5 year old in black fleece jacket. I didn't realize there were multiple people with my name - it took until college to meet another person with my first name!

22. LadyPantaloons

grape / 80 posts

EDD: Dec 13

How far along: 20.5 weeks.

First child? No, we have a 3 year old DD.

Happy to find a due date board that's so supportive!

First doctor appointment: I'm in Canada and I got in with the midwives, and I've had 2 appointments so far.

Any symptoms so far? I was plagued with a sinus infection in my first trimester that pretty much wiped me out and I didn't spend a lot of time paying attention to pregnancy symptoms unfortunately. This second trimester I'm trying to fight off pneumonia, so the pregnancy, again, seems like nothing in comparison. I have been feeling lots of movement though, it's my second pregnancy so I felt it quite early.

Who have you told? I think everyone by now!

23. Yogini bee

coffee bean / 32 posts

@ladypantaloons: Welcome Excited to see that we have the same due date! Pneumonia and a sinus infection sounds rough... Especially on top of being pregnant. I hope you're feeling better.

I'm from the UK, so have had two routine scans (12 weeks and 20 weeks), a non-routine at 15 weeks, and then two midwife appts so far. We found out it was a boy the other week I'm getting lots of movement now too which is lovely... Makes it all a bit more real!

24. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

@LadyPantaloons: Welcome to the group! Sorry for the delayed response. I've been away for the last week or so with limited internet!

25. LadyPantaloons

grape / 80 posts

@Yogini bee: we are having a boy too! I have a 3 year old little girl so I now have to wrap my head around a little guy! And I'm getting pretty excited! I'm also feeling more movement, mostly banging around in my lower abdomen. I was calm and cool the first half of the pregnancy but now I'm excited and want it to be December.

26. LadyPantaloons

grape / 80 posts

@HappyBluebird: thanks! Looking forward to reading about everyone's journeys.

27. LadyPantaloons

grape / 80 posts

I think I killed this board :

28. LadyPantaloons

grape / 80 posts

How is everyone doing? I don't have a lot of pregnant friends around so I'm just wondering how everyone is feeling going into the third trimester? Mentally? Physically?

I'm feeling a little bit like a toppled-over-turtle some days and I've been a bit careless with things normally taken for granted - like putting my sweater on inside-out. Physically I'm doing ok, a bit of sciatic pain on and off but I've just started pre-natal yoga so I'm hoping that will help a bit. Mentally I'm ready to be done work! But I know that I should enjoy the pay checks while I can and try and get ahead financially.

29. Foodnerd81

@LadyPantaloons: haha we are more active on Facebook! Are you on there? It's a private group so only people in the group can see postings. @maybebaby: set it up and can invite you if you message her.

30. Foodnerd81

@LadyPantaloons: what week does the 3rd trimester start? I actually have loads of pregnant friends right now, it's almost bizarre. Feeling pretty good, but have lingering back pain that I have to be mindful of and take it easy a lot. And I'm really sick of peeing every five minutes! Otherwise just feeling pregnant.

31. LadyPantaloons

grape / 80 posts

@Foodnerd81: thanks! I have not been invited onto the Facebook page, thanks for mentioning it.
    @maybebaby is it possible to add me?

32. LadyPantaloons

grape / 80 posts

@Foodnerd81: I think it depends on the person you ask I've heard from 26-28 weeks. So I guess I'm counting 27 weeks as third trimester. I'm also peeing a lot! Haha! At least it gets me away from my desk for a little bit?

33. Foodnerd81

@LadyPantaloons: my peeing is worst in the evenings (must drink most of my water in the afternoon and at dinner). So we will be watching tv and I have to pee three times during a one hour show. Ugh. Not to mention all the times I've almost peed my pants waiting for my 2 year old to climb the stairs to our condo!

34. LadyPantaloons

grape / 80 posts

@Foodnerd81: I know! We have a half hour commute after work/daycare and I'm basically pushing my 3 year old out of the way so I can run to the bathroom by the time we get home! Hahah, not really but it's come to close.

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee