Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2015 Moms!

1. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

@Mrs. Taco: I'm kind of impatient so I might consider doing it if I knew I had to wait. For me it would be $40 well spent if it helped put my mind at ease a little!

2. Truth Bombs

grapefruit / 4321 posts

@Mrs. Taco: $40 is well worth it to me! I could never wait until 13 weeks!

3. Berly

cherry / 107 posts

@hummusgirl: Congrats!!

@Truth Bombs: Glad everything looked good!

@Mrs. Taco: I would probably do it. Don't think I'd be able to wait until 13 weeks without knowing anything!

4. maybebaby

nectarine / 2177 posts

@Mamabear2: will you be at MommyCon? I will be there for work!

5. Mamabear2

apple seed / 2 posts

@maybebaby- nope I won't be at Mommycon but it looks like a cool event!!

6. lady baltimore

persimmon / 1196 posts

@Mrs. Taco: I am cheap , and semi-leery about ultrasounds, and I would still consider it. I might, actually, if my OB's office won't listen for the heartbeat or refer me for an U/S for that long. We'll see after the 29th. I just want some kind of "confirmation" before we start telling people!

7. Foodnerd81

wonderful cherry / 21504 posts

@Mrs. Taco: my midwives don't do an ultrasound until 12 or 13 weeks and I won't pay for an extra early one. I can see the appeal but for me it isn't necessary. But, if it means a lot to you, $40 isn't that much.

Still feeling good, just tired, here. Spilled the beans early to a close friend who told me she is also secretly pregnant!

8. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@Mrs. Taco: I would pay $40 for the peace of mind.

@Foodnerd81: That is so cool! I would love to have a friend pregnant at the same time but one is about to give birth and no one else is even close to trying.

9. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@Truth Bombs: Yay for a good ultrasound! Must of been nice to see the bean

10. lovehoneybee

GOLD / wonderful pea / 17697 posts

I'm nervous because I already feel like poop. I have had a headache that I can't shake for days, exhausted, no appetite (but hungry), and my office smells so bad (I've been getting whiffs of stale cigarette smoke, BO, and there's one stretch of aisle near my desk that smells like manure. Or a dirty diaper. Or a porta-a-potty. Or all of the above...).And the thought of coffee is turning my stomach.

And I'm really sad because I salvaged my car this morning

11. Foodnerd81

@lovehoneybee: I'm sorry about the car, and that you are feeling so crappy. At my first appt last time, when I told the midwife I felt awful and nauseous she was like, that's great! So it's a good sign but still sucks. Last time mine started at 6 weeks so I'm just enjoying one last week of feeling normal.

12. Foodnerd81

@lovehoneybee: oh and I'm super sensitive to smells now too. Which explains why one of my daughters diapers actually made me gag last week and why I can smell a poopy diaper from across the room.

13. lovehoneybee

@Foodnerd81: I'm trying to remind myself it's a good thing, but I thought I'd at least get to spend my birthday weekend feeling moderately okay Not complaining if it means a healthy, viable pregnancy, but still...

And oh god the smells. I swear I could smell that Ev had peed in his diaper driving to daycare this morning! One of my coworker wives does Doterra oils, and made me a roll on bottle of peppermint oil. A lot of the applications I deal with smell bad with a non-pregnant nose, but right now they are making me gag. The peppermint definitely helps!

14. Nyxee

apple seed / 3 posts

@Mrs. Taco: I would definitely do the ultrasound. After you mentioned it, I actually tried to find a place that would do that in my area, but didn't have any luck

15. skipper2010

kiwi / 597 posts

@lovehoneybee: Coffee! Yak! I feel the same way. I'm an every day coffee drinker, but haven't been able to even think about having a cup. Could explain why the fatigue hit me so hard this time around.

Morning sickness is so weird. I don't feel as nauseous as I did when I had the stomach bug, and I haven't even been close to throwing up, but it's just a vague queasy feeling. And pretty much no food sounds appetizing to me. My poor husband has been relying on take out almost every night because all I want for dinner is a bowl of cereal or peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I can't bring myself to cook anything except for mac n cheese so my toddler has had his fill of that! lol This really is my least favorite trimester. Nauseous, bloated, worried, and don't even have a cute bump to dress up.

16. Foodnerd81

@skipper2010: MS hasn't hit me yet this time, but last time I likened it to having a hangover for three months, with none of the fun. I never threw up, just felt moderately nauseous all the time. I've been eating as many veggies and salads as possible since I found out, since last time the MS started right at six weeks (next week for me).

17. Mrs. Taco

pear / 1639 posts

@lovehoneybee: Ugh, sorry you feel crappy! I am doing the same thing I did last time, wishing I had more symptoms so I knew that things were "happening". But I know as soon as the MS pops up, I'm going to curse it. Sorry about everything that hasn't been going well but hopefully you'll still have a great weekend!

@skipper2010: "This really is my least favorite trimester. Nauseous, bloated, worried, and don't even have a cute bump to dress up." SPOT ON.

So I think I am going to go ahead and book the ultrasound at 7 weeks, that's 2 weeks before my next appt and 6 weeks before the NT scan so I think it'll be worth it for me. At this point, with the only symptom being exhaustion, I'd love to see a confirmation that there is actually a little bean in there!

18. lovehoneybee

I thought I'd do a roll call!

December Mamas

December 1st: skipper2010 (#2)
    December 3rd: berly (#1)
    December 4th: happybluebird (#1), shortiecake (#1), hummusgirl (#2)
    December 5th: truth bombs (#2), Lady Baltimore (#1)
    December 6th: lulabee (#3)
    December 10th: maybebaby (#2), sotofamilia (#2)
    December 15th: nyxee (#1)
    December 16th: aprilfool (#2)
    December 17th: foodnerd81 (#2)
    December 19th: Mrs. Taco (#2)
    December 20th: littlemisskeiko (#1)
    December 22nd: mamabear2 (#2)
    December 24th: lovehoneybee (#2)

19. Foodnerd81

@lovehoneybee: wow lots of #2s!

20. lovehoneybee

@Foodnerd81: I know, it's awesome!

21. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@Foodnerd81: @lovehoneybee: Oh the smell of poop is terrible at the moment! Feel sick just thinking about it.

@Mrs. Taco: 7 weeks is probably perfect. You will definitely see a heartbeat.

@skipper2010: That was my morning sickness last time. I ate nothing but carbs for the first 12 weeks. Vegetables were repulsive.

@lovehoneybee: Do you have any plans for your birthday?

I was a bit worried last night since I wasn't tired and my boobs were less sore but those symptoms are back this morning. Plus I took LO to the park this morning and all the spinning things made me feel so bad. I don't like waiting to see the bean!

22. lovehoneybee

Does anyone think they're going to be Team Green? We were last time, and it was awesome, but I think we're going to find out this time. We're both a little worried about gender disappointment, and want time to get used to it if it's not the sex we want...

Plus, on the very off chance it's a girl I want to have time to shop without worrying about a newborn and a toddler

23. lovehoneybee

@AprilFool: I have a salon appt in the morning--hair cut and pedicure. That's all I have planned. We'll probably go out to dinner--currently Mexican sounds great, but we'll see how I feel tomorrow. D was going to take me sky-diving, but that's been shelved for a while...

24. Foodnerd81

@lovehoneybee: we were team green last time and loved it, but are also leaning towards finding out. The timing of the pregnancy is enough of a surprise! Plus it just seems easier to know if we need to go through all our girl clothes or start gathering boy stuff. And names. Still not decided but definitely leaning that way.

I also really don't have a preference but DH would really like to have a son and we are only having two kids, so not sure when he would have less disappointment if it's a girl, you know?

25. shortiecake

grape / 94 posts

@Berly: glad the unisom + b6 has been helping you! I've taken it the past 3 nights and it's mostly taken the edge off. Wondering how many more weeks the m/s is going to last...

@lovehoneybee: DH and I are throwing around the idea of TG. This is our first so I figure it might add to the excitement. I know DH will be able to hold out for the surprise but I'm worried I might cave and want to find out!

26. lovehoneybee

@shortiecake: I did really well until around 32 week or so, when I desperately wanted to find out (but didn't). I don't regret it at all, though...the moment when D yelled "It's a boy! Honeybee we have a son!" is forever seared into my memory, and is the clearest and best moment of my entire life.

27. LulaBee

pear / 1837 posts

@lovehoneybee: We were TG with my daughter and it was the best surprise ever!!! We found out with my son, because we knew we might lose him and wanted to know. Will definitely be TG again this time. Don't care either way, just want it to make it here safely!

Also, morning sickness is kicking my butt HARD. I can't eat any veggies or fruit. We are vegan, and I've been eating a lot of cheese this week because I have to eat what sounds good that exact moment or I feel awful.

28. sotofamilia

kiwi / 612 posts

Congrats to the new moms!

@lovehoneybee: we weren't last time, but we'll be team green this time, as long as the baby is healthy. It seems like such a fun surprise! But it would be nice to have extra time to shop if this one's a girl, since our current one is a boy!

@LulaBee: Man, with the morning sickness here too...I was trying to eat pretty healthy and this week has just kicked my butt. I basically also have to eat what sounds good or I feel bad. It makes meal planning very difficult.

29. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

I'm tentatively making an entrance here, even though I'm still in complete shock and not really believing this is real. Congrats to everyone! I obviously have some catching up to do.

EDD: around xmas (12/26 according to ovulation, 12/22 based on lmp), 12/26 is more accurate I think.

How far along: 4 weeks

First child? Second. In fact, second December baby (LO will be 2 in December!)

First doctor appointment: 5/12

Any symptoms so far? Does shock count? A little bit of excess saliva, which was my first symptom the first time.

Who have you told? Dh and my mommy group. This was unplanned so I need more time to process it

30. Foodnerd81

@Pirouette: welcome

31. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

And we will not be tg! I don't have that willpower. But I already know it's a girl in my head

32. Foodnerd81

@Pirouette: I feel like this one is a boy. But I was 100% positive that my first was a boy... And she definitely isn't, so my hunches are invalid.

33. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@Foodnerd81: thanks that's funny, I was 100% sure she was a boy too! So we might both be wrong! I thought I'd be dying to have a boy this time, but right now I'm good either way.

34. lovehoneybee

December Mamas

December 1st: skipper2010 (#2)
    December 3rd: berly (#1)
    December 4th: happybluebird (#1), shortiecake (#1), hummusgirl (#2)
    December 5th: truth bombs (#2), Lady Baltimore (#1)
    December 6th: lulabee (#3)
    December 10th: maybebaby (#2), sotofamilia (#2)
    December 15th: nyxee (#1)
    December 16th: aprilfool (#2)
    December 17th: foodnerd81 (#2)
    December 19th: Mrs. Taco (#2)
    December 20th: littlemisskeiko (#1)
    December 22nd: mamabear2 (#2)
    December 24th: lovehoneybee (#2)
    December 26th: pirouette (#2)

@Pirouette: Yay, congrats! I was 100% sure my first would be a girl (and was 100% wrong, of course!) I think girl for this one, too, but it might just be wishful projection

35. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@lovehoneybee: Mexican does sound great! Shame about the sky diving. Hope you enjoy your day!

We will be TG even though we found out with our first. This is our last baby and I would like to experience that moment.

@Pirouette: Welcome! I was 100% sure #1 was a girl and I was right. Haha. Am 100% sure this one is a boy but we will see

36. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@lovehoneybee: @AprilFool: thanks guys! So much for mama's intuition! You guys who are tg are gonna drive me crazy making me wait all that time though

37. LittleMissKeiko

coffee bean / 30 posts

@lovehoneybee: We'd like to be TG but not sure if DH and I could wait! We were thinking a gender reveal party with family & close friends. It would be a fantastic early surprise cutting into a cake with blue inside, or opening a box and pink glitter explodes around the room. My hunch is a boy.

38. shortiecake

grape / 94 posts

@lovehoneybee: what an amazing memory! It made me tear up just reading it! Haha. Definitely makes me want to wait and experience something so special

39. skipper2010

kiwi / 597 posts

@lovehoneybee: It's funny because I'm a little afraid of experiencing gender disappointment too since we have our boy and would love to experience a girl, but I'm leaning towards TG FOR that reason. My thought is I won't care what the sex is once I have a baby in my arms, but I see your point too. The thing is we found out with our first and the U/S tech was very nonchalant when she told us the sex so I didn't have that great of an experience with it. Randomly during the U/S she was just like "I think it's a boy...." It was fun buying clothes and planning a boy themed nursery, but I'd like to experience TG this time around. I just hope I can hold out!!

@AprilFool: I was just thinking about how I hate the fluctuating boob soreness! Mine are way less sore today. I remember this from my first pregnancy too, but still makes me worry a little.

40. lady baltimore

persimmon / 1196 posts

@Pirouette: Welcome!

I've always wanted to be Team Green, and I am fairly positive I will stick with that. I am a little concerned about potential gender disappointment (just from the perspective of imagining one and ending up with the other, since we are likely one and done), but if that's going to happen, we'll have to deal with it at one point or another. If we did find out the gender, I wouldn't want to tell anyone, and after keeping TTC a secret for so long, and now hiding the pregnancy news, I am DONE with secrets!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee