Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2015 Moms!

1. Foodnerd81

wonderful cherry / 21504 posts

@lady baltimore: I could never find out and not tell people! That would be way too difficult. I was totally sure she was a boy and right after finding out I had a girl I had this overwhelming "of course I have always wanted a daughter, how could I not have known?!" Feeling. It was pretty awesome.

2. Kali

pea / 9 posts

EDD: December 22

How far along: 4wk4d

First child? Yes

First doctor appointment: June 3rd. Is that late? It's at 11 wk. The OB office's secretary said they don't take anyone prior to 10wk.

Any symptoms so far? Sore boobs, feeling tired.

Who have you told? Just DH so far. We're waiting until next time we see our parents in person to tell them.

3. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@lady baltimore: thanks! I wouldn't be able to keep it a secret either, I feel like I'd slip and say he or she for sure! We did manage to keep her name a secret but I feel like that doesn't roll off the tongue as much as he or she.

@Kali: welcome! Every office is different. Are you pretty sure of your due date? Because that would be the only reason to go earlier - a dating scan is most accurate around 8 weeks I think

4. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@Foodnerd81: @Pirouette: @lovehoneybee: @Mrs. Taco: WHOA. Congrats, ladies!!!!

5. lady baltimore

persimmon / 1196 posts

@Foodnerd81: @Pirouette: That's what I'm thinking - I just wouldn't want the stress of worrying about telling someone by mistake. But my SiL's pink-and-ruffles explosion of a baby shower scarred me against the idea of finding out the sex and telling people. Receiving a bunch of gender-specific clothes, gear, and toys would make me super cranky.

6. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@LovelyPlum: thanks!

@lady baltimore: I hear ya. We actually just registered for neutral colored stuff and most people got the point! We didn't get much crazy girly stuff.

7. Mrs. Taco

pear / 1639 posts

@LovelyPlum: Thanks!

@Kali: @Pirouette: Welcome!

All of you who did TG are making me think about it but there is NO way DH would be on board. Last time we found out at 14 weeks, I wanted to know as soon as possible! This time, we really don't have a strong preference. I would think DH wanted a boy because we don't plan on a third and have DD but his words were "I really just want another R, she's awesome and I'm so in love that the idea of another little girl makes me happy." While I want R to have a sister (I have 4!), I also think about having a momma's boy. Either way, we'll be happy!

I'm really symptomless besides being tired (just took a 2 hour nap instead of laundry, whoops!) so of course that makes me worry but it is nice to feel like myself.

Just for fun, let's list all the positive things about having a December baby (DH and I were talking about it this morning!). For us:
    1. This may sound terrible but we are stoked that this baby will be in one calendar year, we won't have to meet our insurance deductible twice!
    2. We'll be able to get out of the house comfortably with the baby! Living in FL and having a June baby it was SO hot out and hard to take her out without being overheated in that car seat.
    3. No need to suck it in while wearing a bikini
    4. Having the best present ever during the holiday season with most family and friends having extra time off to spend with us.

What are you excited about for your December baby?

8. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Mrs. Taco: Just Dec board lurking I am.in FL where abouts are you?

9. Foodnerd81

@Mrs. Taco: pretty symptomless here too- I actually took another wondfo this afternoon just to make sure I was going crazy. It was really reslly dark so I think I'm pregnant. But I'm not yet 6 weeks and that's when it started last time.

We also have talked about how it's nice they deductibles will all be in one calendar year. Last time it was over two years and it was annoying. Unfortunately we didn't add extra to our fsa but whatever. We should also reap the benefits of the second baby for this year in taxes- my due date should be just about 2 weeks before New Years so no way I will go into 2016.

The weather is definitely not really a pro for me in New England- I'm terrified of having a toddler and baby cooped up all winter- but at least we usually don't get a lot of snow in dec. We had SO much snow this year in jan and feb and all I could was how terrifying it would be to be 9 months preg and go into labor during a storm.

Oh also- matching christmas pjs for C and the new baby. I am very excited about that one!

10. Mrs. Taco

pear / 1639 posts

@Foodnerd81: Mine started at 6 weeks too and it was bad so I should just enjoy this. I did look in my bathroom to see if I had any tests left to see that dark line I already bought a Christmas onesie it was the same one R had but in another color, I mean it was $1.97 at Old Navy. But yes! I didn't think about the Christmas PJs. There are going to be so many fun things this holiday season, I'm excited.

@FaithFertility: Central FL, what about you?

11. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Mrs. Taco: On Treasure Coast about 2hrs south of Orlando

12. lovehoneybee

GOLD / wonderful pea / 17697 posts

I don't have a deductible with my insurance, but I'm really, really praying this bub will come before the new year for tax reasons. E came a few days early, and I might ask to be induced if I haven't gone into labor by like the 30th (is that terrible?)

I feel a little bad about giving the kid a Christmas birthday, but I love the holidays and I think it'll be extra exciting this year

My sense of smell is high, and I'm really tired. I've had off and on food aversions (but nothing that made me nauseous, just like "ehh, nope"). Like coffee I've been jonesing on icy fountain cokes, though (and it keeps away the migraines...) My boobs aren't sore, but I'm very...aware of them? They never really got sore last time, though (and last time I felt relatively okay until around 8 weeks, mostly just really, really tired).

13. Foodnerd81

@lovehoneybee: I keep forgetting about my super sense of smell and am like, oh my god how does that person smell so much???? Then I realize it's my nose. Ugh.

14. Kali

pea / 9 posts

@Pirouette: I am actually pretty sure of my due date since I was charting for TTC. I so happened to have a textbook Ov day, which means no matter if I calculate by LMP or Ov day, it gives me the same due date

@Mrs Taco: The first two things on your list don't apply to me. I don't have a deductible on my insurance, and over here it's usually freezing cold in december (although jan/feb is the coldest), so I definitely will be staying indoors a lot. I am kinda looking forward to starting mat leave during the "busy" season at my work though lol.

15. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

My husband is currently cooking eggs and urgh.... the smell!!! So gross!!! Morning sickness kicked in yesterday, it's still mild, just a vague off feeling.

The biggest pro about a December baby is I won't be hugely pregnant in summer. And number 4 for sure!

@Foodnerd81: I am super excited about the matching pjs.

16. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@Mrs. Taco: thanks! We are the same way about the boy/girl thing. I thought we'd be dying for a boy (especially dh) since we're definitely not having a 3rd, but dh said basically the same, how LO is so amazing and another girl would be pretty great! We found out at 16 weeks and will again... Mostly because we had a hard time finding a name we liked the first time, I don't want to have to come up with 2 names! It also helped me get more excited about lo when I knew the sex, it just felt more real to me.

My positives about a Dec baby...
    1) the deductible aspect is HUGE! Since I'll probably not go past 39 weeks, I should be in the clear on that even with a late December due date.
    2) December is going to be one rocking month of partying! And having the kids birthdays close together will be fun
    3) it's so perfect outside during the 3rd tri -I don't think I could handle a summer baby! Plus I'd hate to be in the first tri in the summer too...those sweaty smells! Nausea! Yuck. 2nd tri is perfect!
    4) I have all the weather appropriate clothes for lo2 already
    5) it's a pretty easy time to start maternity leave at year end
    6) I actually loved the timing of having a newborn in winter. Sure, I was stuck inside a bit, but the best part was as soon as she was becoming more aware, the weather was getting nicer and we could go explore. And by the summer she was cruising and loved the parks, by fall she was walking, but she had all winter to get really steady on her feet so when spring rolled around again, she was running around fearlessly in full on toddler mode. I don't know, the timing just felt like it worked for us!

omg I'm not looking forward to superhuman smell! So far it's been very mild. I'm not even convinced I'm actually pregnant yet haha.

17. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

Btw, for those who already have a lo, is anyone planning on moving lo1 to a new room? The nursery is going to stay the nursery, and we're planning on moving LO to her big girl room, big girl bed and all. I'm so nervous about it! Just wondering if anyone else is making a big change like that and when you are thinking of doing it. We're thinking sometime in the fall.

18. Foodnerd81

@Pirouette: we bought a 2 bedroom condo last year- weird circumstances since hadn't planned on buying less than a 3 bed. So, baby is going to sleep in our room for a few months then they will share a room, once baby is sleeping better. Another reason I'm hoping #2 is a better sleeper!

Eta: but we are debating whether to keep c in her crib, or move her to a twin bed or even the queen bed that's in her room already. My sister could lend us her crib so we wouldn't have to buy a new one if c stays in her crib, but she already wants to sleep in a big bed. She will be almost 2.5 when baby is born.

19. lady baltimore

persimmon / 1196 posts

@Pirouette: Your #5 reason is a big pro for me. I figure the baby won't care about being cooped up inside for the first few months, and by the time he/she is old enough to have interest in a change of scenery, the weather will be great!

My insurance year re-starts on July 1, but we should still hopefully be able to squeeze the bulk of pregnancy expenses (plus LO's early care) into one insurance year.

20. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@Foodnerd81: haha lo isn't a great sleeper still so sharing a room would be a disaster for us I think! Although she was an amazing sleeper when she was younger, and hopefully we have time to get her back to that before #2. We are going to transition to a twin bed rather than converting the crib since we don't want to have to buy 2 cribs. I'm just nervous because she's so little! But I think she'll like being a "big girl".

@lady baltimore: exactly! I'm more worried about my toddler being cooped up while I am so focused on the newborn, but I figure she'll just be excited to have me on maternity leave and home all the time! So that will make it exciting and different for her. Btw, are you sure your deductible follows the same year as your insurance? Our plan year is June but the deductible is calendar year!

21. lady baltimore

persimmon / 1196 posts

@Pirouette: You know, I'm not positive. Either way, our health savings account more than covers our deductible, so I'm not too worried about it. It would be nice if it was calendar year, though!

22. Foodnerd81

@Pirouette: ummmm yeah. This room sharing thing could be a disaster for us too. Maybe we will end up with the baby in our room until we move in a couple of years. But only time will tell...

23. skipper2010

kiwi / 597 posts

@Mrs. Taco: Before TTC December was the one month I wanted to avoid, but honestly the more I think about it the more excited I get! I think it's the ideal time to be pregnant. Summer always flies by and fall is my favorite season, so December will get here in no time! The second trimester is a great one for the summer because we won't be huge and miserable, but will still have a cute bump to show off in summer dresses. And the holidays will be extra magical this year! I think I'm most excited about that.

24. skipper2010

kiwi / 597 posts

@Foodnerd81: We have 3 bedrooms, but I have seriously toyed with the idea of keeping the baby with us for a few months and then having the two share a room. It would be nice to have a spare room to use as a playroom. I don't want to disturb DS's sleep though so I may be too chicken to do it.

25. Foodnerd81

@skipper2010: we were planning to fly to visit dh's side of the family for Christmas, so Dh pointed out that we are saving lots of money on that (3 round trip air fares since c will be 2 in July). I'm hoping they come here instead but we don't have room for anyone to stay with us.

26. Foodnerd81

@skipper2010: yeah I would do almost anything to preserve sleep. But "almost anything" doesn't include losing many thousands of dollars by moving out of the condo too soon.

27. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@lady baltimore: aren't hsas the best? Except that if we had to pay the deductible in 2 separate years, that would suck!

@Foodnerd81: haha hopefully not! Hopefully it'll work out great

28. lovehoneybee

@Kali: Welcome and congrats! I have a nurse intake appt on May 14th (mostly just taking medical history) and my first appt with the OB is June 2nd. They don't want to see me too early (in case of a loss, I presume...)

29. lovehoneybee

December Mamas

December 1st: skipper2010 (#2)
    December 3rd: berly (#1)
    December 4th: happybluebird (#1), shortiecake (#1), hummusgirl (#2)
    December 5th: truth bombs (#2), Lady Baltimore (#1)
    December 6th: lulabee (#3)
    December 10th: maybebaby (#2), sotofamilia (#2)
    December 15th: nyxee (#1)
    December 16th: aprilfool (#2)
    December 17th: foodnerd81 (#2)
    December 19th: Mrs. Taco (#2)
    December 20th: littlemisskeiko (#1)
    December 22nd: mamabear2 (#2), Kali (#1)
    December 24th: lovehoneybee (#2)
    December 26th: pirouette (#2)

30. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@Foodnerd81: We are in the same situation with a two bedroom and room sharing. I'm a little nervous but am sure it will be fine!

31. myboxerstella

pea / 7 posts

EDD: December 7 or 8

How far along: 7 weeks tomorrow

First child? Yes, after years of IF and traveling to Europe for a double donor FET.

First doctor appointment: IF Dr. wanted U/S early so it was 4/17, waiting for MFM appt.

Any symptoms so far? Slightly sore boobs, nausea - gas grill caused me to throw up!

Who have you told? Too excited to keep it to myself, but haven't posted on social media yet.

32. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@myboxerstella: congrats!!! Were you able to see the heartbeat at your us?

33. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@myboxerstella: Congratulations! That's quite the journey.

34. LittleMissKeiko

coffee bean / 30 posts

Got my 2nd betas back this morning and I'm doubling every 40 hours. However, quite high results for 5 weeks. Must be a really sticky bean.

4.3 weeks - 776
    5.3 weeks - 11,732

I hear through the grape vine, girls usually have higher hCG levels. Anyone experiencing high hCG levels?

35. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@LittleMissKeiko: Well my hcg was 600 at 4.5 weeks and I think I am having a boy so that would fit with the theory.

36. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

How is everyone thinking of announcing? I was looking at big sister shirts on Etsy but don't really want to pay $40 for a shirt for LO by the time I pay shipping etc. Am not sure what else to do.

37. LittleMissKeiko

coffee bean / 30 posts

@AprilFool: I was thinking a boy, but now I'm not so sure. One of each?! Hahaha.

Next week we're bringing back Bali gift boxes and inside will be 'Granny & Pa's survival kit' with a note from bubba ~ Christmas is coming and so am I. And down the track probably create a Christmas photo booth strip of 'HO HO OH!' to post on social media.

38. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@LittleMissKeiko: Have you booked your ultrasound? I want to know if it is one or 2! That's a really cute idea! What are you going to put in the boxes?

39. LittleMissKeiko

coffee bean / 30 posts

@AprilFool: Decided to wait for OB appointment on 8th May. Medicare doesn't cover early u/s. The boxes will have a dummy, bib and nappy. Unless you've got any clever items to include?

40. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@LittleMissKeiko: Have a look around because I have found someone who bulk bills ultrasounds. Queensland diagnostics do and I know they have offices in different states. https://www.healthcareimaging.com.au/.

Earplugs? Haha. Maybe a grandparents book?

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee