Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2016 moms!

1. MountainBaby

cherry / 160 posts

I'm happy to saw we have successfully moved! It was stressful at times, but we are now in our new apartment, and DH put all the furniture where it needs to go, so now its just some boxes to tackle little by little! I am so ready to settle in and actually be able to do things like think about the nursery and such. Finding a new OB went fairly smoothly all things considered, so no complaints

@Rescuemom10: my DH felt her kick the first time this week too! It took a lot of trying to get the timing right (she would always move or stop kicking when he put his hand there), but it finally worked. It was so cute to see his reaction!

2. WinterBee

persimmon / 1071 posts

@MountainBaby: Great news!
    Setting up the nursery is tons of fun!!
    Your DH must be so thrilled! I just started feeling her a week or so ago. DH hasn't felt her yet and it's so disappointing for him. She already loves him so much she starts kicking as soon as he feels or talks to her, but she's just not big enough yet. Can't wait until he can feel her! 23+1 today.

3. marley

kiwi / 706 posts

23 weeks today! Also starting to feel the heavy kicks here, so much so that you can see my belly jump around a bit. It as an interesting meeting at work because my coworkers actually saw it happening!

Have a great Labor Day weekend everybody! I'm taking the dreaded glucose test on Tuesday.

4. MK0180

kiwi / 545 posts

Hi all - it's been a very long time. It's been very busy and this pregnancy has been tougher than my first. I am just more achy and exhausted. Also, this little guy is sitting low and I've had a couple kicks to the crotch that has been just filled with much joy He is way more active than DS. 25 weeks! This pregnancy has gone both slow and fast at the same time.

Anyway, hope everybody had a good, long weekend. More than halfway there, ladies!

5. wheres_c

pomelo / 5789 posts

@MK0180: I hear ya about slow and fast at the same time!!!

6. wheres_c

pomelo / 5789 posts

Had my 3rd MFM appointment today. Baby's growth has caught up and cervix is long and closed. Things seem to be moving along. Hubs has to travel for work when I'm 36 weeks and I'm not happy about that!

7. Rescuemom10

pear / 1965 posts

@MK0180: I am with ya there. This one seems to be kicking my bum so much more than the first one.
    I still don't feel my energy is what it use to be. So tired all the time.
    I am 24 weeks Friday and so far I still have not gained any weight. Eating has been hard. I can usually eat dinner but NOTHING sounds good. I just don't want to eat. I am hungry, don't get me wrong. Its just everything sounds like it will make me yak. I have been OK with really light stuff, fruit, soup, maybe a smoothie. Its frustrating though.
    With my first all I wanted is Veggies. LOL at least it was something.

8. Pumpkin Pie

persimmon / 1431 posts

Yes! This baby is kicking more than i remember my first moving. Anyone have any thoughts on whether the activity in the womb correlates to how active they will be outside? I was hoping for a mellow kid this time.

9. tjlove54

cherry / 101 posts

This pregnancy has been going so much faster than the first one. I can't believe I'm 27 weeks already! Third trimester next week... WHAT?!?!?

@marley: I go for my glucose test tomorrow. blah. hope yours went well. I failed by like a point last time and had to take the 3 hour only to pass. really hoping to avoid that this time!

@wheres_c: glad your appt went well!

@pumpkinpie: I have no idea, but I'm seriously nervous with how much this LO is moving compared to my first! I'm praying for an easy going baby!

@rescuemom10: Hope your appetite comes back soon. I've gained weight, but not nearly as much as with my first and I already got a "you're so big" comment.

10. marley

kiwi / 706 posts

@Rescuemom10: I feel the same way about food. Although I gained 4 pounds from 4 weeks ago and I honestly don't know where it came from.

@Pumpkin Pie: I was just thinking about this. This one moves All. The. Time. At first it was cute, but now he's kicking me right in the cervix or right in the ribs and it's getting to be a little less cute. My DD did not move much so I'm wondering if this is a boy thing?

@tjlove54: still waiting for blood results from the glucose test. Am I the only one who enjoys the orange drink?

11. tjlove54

cherry / 101 posts

@marley: I get the lemon lime flavor and try and tell myself that it is sprite, but I still have to just chug it and get it over with. It is better with ice though! The blood draw is the worst for me! Also, I'm expecting a girl this time and she is moving way more than my DS did. It will be interesting to see once the babes are here!

12. KayKay

pear / 1961 posts

@pumpkin pie: my cousin had triplets and says their personalities on the outside definitely corresponded to their "personalities" inside. Like Baby B, who was always moving and shaking inside her belly, was a wiggly fidgety baby and very active toddler. Baby C was always super chill, and is the most laid back of the kids now.

13. KayKay

pear / 1961 posts

@marley: i don't think the glucose drinks are that terrible tasting. i mean, it's nothing i would generally choose to drink, but not awful. i'm just not a person who drinks a lot at once normally, so it's always hard for me to chug it all down so quickly!

14. Pumpkin Pie

persimmon / 1431 posts

@marley: I'm having a girl, so its probably not a gender thing.

@KayKay: i was hoping that there was no correlation!

15. tjlove54

cherry / 101 posts

Ladies... I failed the one hour glucose test this morning. I am so disappointed. I go back on Monday morning for the three-hour. I told my hubby he is keeping me company in the waiting room.

16. wheres_c

pomelo / 5789 posts

Although I gave a cutoff date of 31 weeks to my boss for travel, his boss asked me to travel at 35 weeks for an important meeting. I'm leaning towards yes hubs will also be out of state that week so will fly my mom in to watch DS1 if I go.
    I wish they'd scheduled it for October instead of November!!

17. marley

kiwi / 706 posts

@tjlove54: so sorry! Hope you pass the 3-hour test! You got your results super fast! I'm still waiting for mine from Tuesday.

18. wheres_c

pomelo / 5789 posts

@tjlove54: boo! Did you eat before the one hour?
    I failed my 1 hour with my son but passed the 3 hour.

19. tjlove54

cherry / 101 posts

@marley: I was so surprised when the doctor's office called that I just assumed they needed to reschedule my next appointment or something! Hopefully not hearing yet means you passed!

@wheres_c: I didn't eat before. I didn't eat before I took the one hour for my son either and I failed. I ended up passing the 3 hour with him. I know in the grand scheme of things this is not a big deal. I was just really hopeful so I think I'm more disappointed this time around.

20. KT326

pomegranate / 3438 posts

@tjlove54: That really stinks

My doctor has all his patients do a 2 hour test (with 10 hours of fasting beforehand), mine is scheduled for next Friday. With my first son, my fasting number was borderline but the next two draws were fine. He thinks it is a more reliable test than the 1 hour.

21. KayKay

pear / 1961 posts

@wheres_c: how far away is it? i'd cautiously commit. With DD2, we took a long family weekend 4h away when I was 37w, and I thought nothing of it because my labor with DD1 was so gd long. But when I did eventually deliver DD2 (under 2.5h from first sign of a contraction til baby in my arms), I realized that might have been pushing it. haha.

I have my glucose screening next week. Not to worried about it since I was way under with both previous LOs, but will just be glad to have it out of the way!

22. DigAPony

pear / 1787 posts

Hey ladies! I'm 27 weeks today, woohoo! My glucose test is next week. I passed with my first pregnancy but for some reason I'm really nervous I have GD this time. I feel so big and uncomfortable already. Wah, just needed to vent.

@tjlove54: fingers crossed you pass the three hour!

23. tjlove54

cherry / 101 posts

@KT326: I didn't even know that a 2 hour test was an option. I think I would have better odds of passing that one! Good luck with your test next week!!

@digapony: Thanks! I'm really nervous I have GD this time too. Fingers crossed we are both worrying for nothing! Good luck next week!

24. catlady

grapefruit / 4988 posts

Hi ladies, hope everyone is well. I'm 28 weeks today and can't believe it's already 3rd trimester! I feel huge and my OB wants me to slow my weight gain a little bit if I can (but she says it's ok if I continue at this pace, I'd just be a couple pounds over the max which isn't the end of the world). Baby has been kicking like crazy and apparently loves my ribs. Ugh. DH and I are this close to settling on a name so that's exciting. Do you all have names picked out yet? I feel like I am so behind with everything this pregnancy. Last time at this point, we had the nursery ready to go. This time, we haven't even started (we need to convert our small office).

@tjlove54: How did your 3-hr test go?

@wheres_c: I traveled between 34 and 35 weeks last pregnancy (it was a roadtrip with DH for a conference in his field) and it was tough but do-able. When I got home though, I told him I was done traveling. For me though, it would depend on how far away it was and how long the traveling time would be.

@DigAPony: For some reason, I was super nervous about passing the GD screen this time too but I was actually very low (almost below the normal range). Good luck with yours!

25. wheres_c

pomelo / 5789 posts

No clue on Names this far! I like Sam or Max for a boy... I like Sophia for a girl, but who knows?

26. tjlove54

cherry / 101 posts

@catlady: Well it started out a little rough. I almost passed out after the initial blood draw (I think from fasting), but felt much better after drinking the glucola. And I passed!! No gestational diabetes. Yay for the third trimester! I can't believe I hit that milestone this week too. Like you, I had everything ready to go by now with my first. This time not so much. We are still working on her name too.

27. DigAPony

pear / 1787 posts

@catlady: thanks! My test is tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

We chose the name Max Theodore. Just love the name Max, and Theodore is my husband's dad's name.

28. tjlove54

cherry / 101 posts

DH, DS, and I are headed to DC for a few days if anyone has any fun recommendations for the area I would love to hear.

29. tjlove54

cherry / 101 posts

@DigAPony: good luck! Love the name Max Theodore!

30. marley

kiwi / 706 posts

@catlady: @tjlove54: yay for third trimester! I'm almost there! Didn't the second trimester just fly by? The first trimester just seemed super looooong by comparison. I also haven't done anything to prepare for the baby. I got like 2 footies. I'm pretty terrified since December is just around the corner.

@DigAPony: love the name!

31. DigAPony

pear / 1787 posts

@tjlove54:Yay for no GD! And thanks re: the name! @marley: thanks!

I'm also way more behind than I was with #1. Just finished cleaning out our guest room, and we need to paint, decorate, reassemble the crib, and get a dresser.

32. catlady

grapefruit / 4988 posts

@DigAPony: Love that name. Theodore was on my short list.

@wheres_c: Sam was on our short list too!

@tjlove54: We were in DC last fall. We were only there a short time but LO (age 2 at the time) liked the National Museum of Natural History and the National Air and Space Museum. We didn't have time to go to the Zoo but I remember enjoying that too from a previous trip. Have fun!

33. DigAPony

pear / 1787 posts

@catlady: thank you!

I might not have passed my one-hour GD test. The doctor's office called right at closing and I missed the call, so I have to call back tomorrow to find out my results. They said they'd only call if something was wrong, so I may have to do the three-hour test. Grrrrrrr!

34. mrsmacandcheese

blogger / clementine / 985 posts

How am I so sore already?! And how is it almost October?!

(PS - formerly Mrs Dragon here )

35. marley

kiwi / 706 posts

@mrsmacandcheese: Hi! Nice to see you transition into a blogger! I look forward to reading your posts!
    I agree, the summer just FLEW by...

36. MountainBaby

cherry / 160 posts

Since we moved to a new climate where it was 97 degrees yesterday, it really does not seem like fall is here! Coming from the Northeast, this is going to take some getting used to...

I ordered our crib today! Super exciting and makes things feel real, and I *think* I finished our registry. After spending a few bleary eyed weeks reading review after review on Amazon, I think I'm set. Not that we're having a shower or anything since we moved and now know no one, but oh well. at the very least its a shopping list for us

And my GD test is next week. My OB wants me to fast, and I get really shaky when I'm hungry now, so I'm more worried about that than anything else - I don't want to pass out on the drive over!

37. Pumpkin Pie

persimmon / 1431 posts

This baby is moving nonstop. I don't think she ever sleeps. She definitely moves way more than DD1 did.

38. wheres_c

pomelo / 5789 posts

Anyone else getting hit with all of the hormones? I'm very emotional these days. I can't read the news or check facebook without bawling my eyes out. I even cried reading a romance novel yesterday.

39. tjlove54

cherry / 101 posts

@wheres_c: You aren't alone! I bawled my eyes out yesterday while driving listening to a happy country song. I couldn't pull myself together!

40. GreenThumb

pear / 1986 posts

@wheres_c: I was talking to my daughter's preschool teacher the other morning about her having a bit of a tough transition this year and I was a total mess... could barely talk. Oops!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee