Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2016 POAS

1. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

I'm also counting down till my trip to Ireland! We leave Dec 26th! If I'm not pregnant this month, it means I can drink while we're in Ireland, so I guess it's a silver lining

2. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@Tionn3: that sounds so fun!

We are going to the polar express tomorrow. Armed with cough drops and water. DD is still coughing, I'm still coughing and have a runny nose, and DH just got the fever today, and by tomorrow will start coughing if it is anything like how we caught this bug. But the tickets sold out in 10 min months ago and cost a ton, so we are going, since it would be impossible to reschedule.

3. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@dc yoga bee: 8dpo and same. Chest is crazy sore, but that's normal, some weird pinching yesterday after acupuncture, but if it wasn't this time of my cycle of course I would just chalk it up to the acupuncture. I think "I hate sore boobs" then two seconds later "ugh, I'm dreading this soreness slowly fading away as perhaps the most reliable sign that progesterone is falling and I'm not pregnant, please still be sore." I wish I felt more optimistic.

@Tionn3: that sounds awesome!

Not much exciting happening this weekend here. I got some disappointing news about a work project today that while not totally unexpected is definitely frustrating. On the brighter side, I have a big trip for work coming up next week and I'm traveling a bit for fun after. DH was supposed to come so that we could finally have a honeymoon 2+ years after the wedding but he had to work and couldn't get away at the last minute. I think it will still be fun though. And I'm back in time for the next fertile window.

4. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@Tionn3: that trip sounds awesome! definitely something to look forward to!

@Mrs. Microscope: have fun at the polar express! That will be so fun!

@periwinklebee: I hope your trip goes well and you enjoy some fun time. And yay for being back in time for your next window.

5. Babybeeforme

pea / 17 posts

@JHD @PERIWINKLEBEE thank you!!!

My AF dropped below cover line this morning, so I know my period is coming soon. since I have short cycles though, I get to POAS again this month (29th).

Good luck to all of you!!! I hope you all get good news before the holidays!

6. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@Babybeeforme: Sorry about AF. Hoping next cycle is the one for you!

7. MommySLP

apricot / 431 posts

I didn't join this month because our timing was so horrible---only were able to BD O-5 & O-4. I'm 10/11 DPO today & have been feeling off but got this this morning. I think it turned up after the 3 min mark (I was distracted & went to do something else). It's definitely a pink line though. I'm nervous since I had a chemical in September, so really praying this is a sticky baby. AF is due Wednesday.

8. knittylady

pomegranate / 3212 posts

@MommySLP: That is a totally beautiful line! I understand the nervousness - you lose some innocence after a loss. I had one before I had my two boys, and another (CP) this past cycle.

That being said you have a definite and that's something to celebrate for sure.

9. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

Lots of POAS twins this month! Ladies!
    Congrats! SPINNY, MOMMYSLP

Dec 3 - MRS. D
    Dec 4 - TIONN3,
    Dec 7 - periwinklebee
    Dec 8 - TANJOWEN, DC YOGA BEE
    Dec 10 - jhd
    Dec 13 - LEM93, MRS. MICROSCOPE, DaniNae
    Dec 18 - SNARKYBIOCHEMIST
    Dec 19 - coddergirl
    Dec 24 - Knittylady
    Dec 29 - Babybeeforme
    Dec 31 - banana330

10. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@MommySLP: Congrats! thats an awesome positive!

@Babybeeforme: Sorry about AF. Mine just started too.

@Tionn3: Ireland is great! you'll really enjoy your self there!

@Mrs. Microscope: thats sounds amazing. Sucks you're all sick but I totally get going anyway!

@periwinklebee: Sounds like something great to look forward to! and perfect that you're back for the fertile week just in case

AF showed up this morning... the next two weeks will be lots of testing. Ultrasound, blood work, HSG and DH's SA. I'm going to go to a new acupuncturist cause my old wasn't covered by insurance but this one will be.
    Best part it looks like I can POAS on NYE! fingers cross this cycle!

11. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@Banana330: I'm so happy you have a plan! Time to get some answers!

@MommySLP: bfp! No doubt! Congrats!

12. knittylady

pomegranate / 3212 posts

Is anyone else worried about the timing of poas/the arrival of af putting a damper on the holidays? Af is due Christmas Eve and I can't imagine that disappointment:/

13. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@knittylady: I figure it will be a good excuse for a stiff drink!

14. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@MommySLP: Congrats! That's a beautiful line!

@Banana330: Sorry about AF, I hope the New Year will bring new babies for all of us.

@knittylady: Sorry about the timing, keeping my fingers crossed for a At this point I'm not really expecting anything, but I am a bit dreading the holidays in the sense that my mom has been asking for a grandchild for like a decade, and she will do stuff like insist on going into Pottery Barn Kids, and then make sad faces that there's no one in our family to buy the cute Christmas jammies for. She doesn't know we're trying - I love her to death but it's better that way - and ugh, I just don't want to be reminded of our lack of children this year. If my brother and SIL end up getting pregnant soon, which is likely and would be awesome, it will only up the comments on our lack of children that much more.

15. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@knittylady: I'm more worried about the next fertile week if no bfp this month. It would fall the week between Christmas and New Year, when we are sharing a room with DD at MIL's house. Not ideal, so fingers crossed for good news this month!

16. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@Banana330: good luck with the testing, I hope you get clear answers
    @knittylady: I'm more worried about fitting in monitoring since I will obviously be doing more medicated cycles, if I am calculating correctly I will O around NYE so I am crossing my fingers that this one worked

17. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@periwinklebee: I hear you on progesterone vs. early symptoms. I have taken a 3hr nap every day this weekend. That is very unlike me, and was the only symptom I had with DD.

@Banana330: I'm sorry about AF. I remember feeling hopeless, yet optimistic about beginning testing. I knew that we would come up with a plan, and that someone would be able to help us with said plan.

@MommySLP: CONGRATS! That is a beautiful

@knittylady: Keeping everything for you this month.

@Mrs. Microscope: Yeah that was us Thanksgiving week! In our own house no less lol. We managed super early in the morning in another room.

18. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@dc yoga bee: Eek, fingers crossed that it's an early symptom!

19. Tanjowen

nectarine / 2521 posts

@MommySLP: Congrats!!

I took a test today and nothing. I keep trying to tell myself that maybe it's too early...I am spotting though and have a feeling this isn't my month.

Trying hard to stay upbeat because it isn't happening next month either. DH is physically gone from the 16th of December thru the New Year

20. tequiero21

honeydew / 7968 posts

@MommySLP: yay congrats!!!

21. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@Tanjowen: sorry hope it's just early.

10 dpo. I swear I developed the most sensitive sense of smell yesterday, and still can smell everything, which could be a symptom but who knows, sometimes my sinuses randomly clear. And some random light cramping and pinching past few days, but again, who knows. But then I woke up at 4am starving and started dry heaving, this is definitely not something that ever happens, like ever, so I had to test. But I of course sat there looking at it from every angle, and pretty sure there's nothing there. So not a great night's sleep, and sometimes I wonder if I'm losing my mind, like I want to be pregnant so much that my body creates psychosomatic symptoms. Argh, oh well...

22. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Tanjowen: sorry about the BFN, you're not out til af comes.

@periwinklebee: I hate the crazy symptom spotting! Sorry about the BFN 10 dpo is still early

23. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@Banana330: Definitely, it's not as if being pessimistic will make a BFN feel better so I'm trying optimism - not out til AF shows!

24. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@periwinklebee: honestly, nothing makes the wait easier... those days between 10-14 dpo when there's still A chance are way worse than even getting AF!

25. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

Started progesterone suppositories last night, and I'm not loving the oozey sticky white gunk that gets left behind. However if it gets and keeps me pregnant I will use them for the next 10 weeks

26. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@snarkybiochemist: I used the with my DD and used them last cycle too.. wear and liner! do you have to use them twice a day? I just did bedtime this cycle and there was way less mess!

27. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@Banana330: Just at bedtime so far and I am wearing a liner it just feels so gross

28. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@snarkybiochemist: FX it helps!

29. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@periwinklebee: thanks

30. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

@snarkybiochemist: Bummer about the gross factor. I hope that they work for you!

BFN this morning at 11 DPO. It was kind of a bummer. I should get my period on Thursday I think. I didn't really have sore boobs this cycle...they showed up late at 10 DPO, which is out of the ordinary, oh well. Shouldn't put too much thought into it. At least I get to get sloshed in Ireland! Onward to cycle 9! The same cycle my momma got pregnant with me!

31. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@Tionn3: thanks
    Enjoy Ireland, and yay for drinking

32. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@Tionn3: Sorry about the BFN Loving the positive attitude, though!

@Banana330: I tell myself I shouldn't test and just wait for AF, and maybe that would make the end of the cycle easier - let go of the hope at once rather than bit by bit - but then the symptom spotting gets the better of me.

33. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

@periwinklebee: I feel like my body lets me know AF is coming. Especially when my boobs get less sore. For me testing kind of just gives me the " yes, this cycle is probably going to be over, get ready for the next one" and...it lets me schedule a manicure haha.

34. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@Tionn3: haha, good call on the manicure!

35. MommySLP

apricot / 431 posts

@knittylady: @tequiero21: @dc yoga bee: @periwinklebee: @Banana330: thank you!! This was today with SMU and to me seems significantly darker than yesterday so feeling cautiously optimistic. Who would have thought 4-5 days before ovulation would really work!

36. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@MommySLP: That's an amazing line - congrats!!!

37. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@MommySLP: looks great congrats

38. Tanjowen

nectarine / 2521 posts

AF started this morning . Good luck to the rest of you ladies this month!

39. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Tanjowen: Sorry! next cycle!

40. tequiero21

honeydew / 7968 posts

@MommySLP: haha I don't track ovulation but based on estimate, I'm currently pregnant and it was o-5! We went to San Diego w the kids so we weren't able to squeeze in another. I totally didn't think I'd get pregnant either. First cycle trying for #4, only got in one time, which was days before ovulation...lol...a miracle.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee