Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2017 moms!

1. Tanjowen

nectarine / 2521 posts

@jillybeans: I like Adrianna! I have a friend wirh that name that goes by Adri. And it pairs well with the more masculine middle name.

We've settled on Ethan for our little guy.

2. starchild

cherry / 235 posts

@jillybeans: Agree on a feminine first name with mn James, which is adorable. We have a short list because I've been thinking about it pretty much since we found out we're pregnant. It's hard to pick! We're between Beatrice, Mary, Eleanor, Margot, and Camille. My most favorite is Claire, but DH is not on board with that one.

@Eko: love Evelyn!
    @Tanjowen: Ethan is a great choice!

3. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@Tanjowen: Ethan was one of our runner ups for ds (who just didn't look like Ethan to us), love it.

@starchild: our group has good taste! What is your husband's favorite from that list? Do you have one as well? I am loving Camille! But doesn't really go with our last name and dh doesn't like it as much (he doesn't like a lot of names though, haha)

4. starchild

cherry / 235 posts

@2littlepumpkins: We are going in circles, like them all pretty much. But as my husband says, we have plenty of time! I really wish I had a gut feeling to nudge one forward. I feel like I'd be happy with any of them if we just commit to it. Not exactly a bad problem to have, just drives me crazy. I've tried scoring them across variables like popularity and meaning but they invariable add up within a point of each other. #datanerd #nothelpful

5. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@Tanjowen: love Ethan!
    @starchild: all of those are good names! I'm partial to Eleanor. That is my second favorite girl name. Might have made it above Evelyn if DH liked it more
    @2littlepumpkins: Adrianna is such a cute name.

6. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@starchild: Ah, I see! Maybe she will just look like one of them. I guess it's better to have too many that you like than not really like anything!

7. tramdoof

coffee bean / 31 posts

There are some really lovely names in this group. I can't wait to see the babies that match!

One of my best friends had her baby girl today, named Victoria Jane. I really like the classic resurgence. Her baby coming made my baby so much real. It doesn't help that I finally feel like I can't hide my bump at work. So at 22 weeks Kim fully out. Any bump pictures to share?

8. jillybeans

pea / 9 posts

@littlebit7: I love unconventional girl names too! We originally wanted to go with a gender neutral first name but given that we have decided on James as a middle name we are reconsidering.
    @eko: I love the name Evelyn – it’s such a sweet name! I also like Harlan because we could nickname her Harley.  I agree, I definitely think a more feminine first name would contrast James better.
    @2littlepumpkins: We’ll also be giving our daughter an ethnic middle name so she will have 2 middle names.
    @tanjowen: Ethan is a great name!
    @starchild: I like Camille! Reminds me of one of my favorite TV shows Parenthood.

9. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@jillybeans: that's what we did with names for my older two, debating trying something different. Im not terribly immersed in the culture either so not sure. My parents are helping me go through meaningful names but of course we want it to be something sort of easy to say as well.

@tramdoof: looking good!

10. starchild

cherry / 235 posts

@tramdoof: You look great! I love the classic resurgence too, that's lovely.

11. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@tramdoof: looking great!

Had my 18w u/s and everything looked good! Glad the baby is still a girl. Haha. Still doesn't feel real having a second baby. Everything is such a bigger production with your first and this time I have so much going on i don't think about being pregnant most of the time. A little concerned that I won't be prepared. I'll wake up and be like oh shit I'm having a baby soon!

12. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

@Eko: Yeah people keep asking if we're decorating the nursery and I'm like, there's an enormous pile of stuff in the room which 50/50 may or may not end up being the nursery. I have so much less motivation to get all that done than I did the first time around. But it's nice that there's a lot less to do this time - just the childbirth classes alone are a huge time savings, plus all that reading to learn about breastfeeding and everything else. I think I read a hundred birth stories to prep for my first. This time I'm more focused on decorating (the rest of) our new house than anything baby related!

13. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@Eko: glad your ultrasound went well! I keep thinking what if the gender was wrong too!

@PawPrints: same here. We are still operating on only one functional bathroom. At the same time I am also so ready for this baby to be on the outside... except I have actually no *things* ready, kwim? 😂

14. starchild

cherry / 235 posts

Speaking of the time savings with #2.... as a first time mom, I wanted to look into birth classes and I've read a little. But I feel very unprepared. The birth classes my hospital offers is like a single 8 hour Saturday workshop which sounds kind of terrible and overwhelming. Any good book recommendations? I don't even know what I don't know.

15. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@starchild: I personally didn't find the birth classes all THAT helpful and would have been ok with 8 hours for the official stuff. My first labor was long and not as expected per the birth class. I didn't read a ton of birth stories although I read some before my first baby, but I wish what I would have taken from that is how different labors can be.

16. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

@starchild: There are a lot of different approaches you can take. Personally I wanted to hear about as many different things that can happen as possible so I wouldn't be completely shocked by anything, so I did a lot of prep. My birth class was a Bradley method course, which is 12 weeks of weekly 2-hour classes. In the end, I don't know if anything could have prepared me for my actual 2.5-hour labor, but the Bradley classes did help me train in relaxation techniques that were crucial for getting through contractions and transition.

17. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@PawPrints: your labor was only 2.5 hours? I don't know if you already mentioned that and I just forgot but wow!!! Did you get to L&D?

18. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

@2littlepumpkins: Yes, my labor started with my water breaking, and I was GBS positive so I had to head in immediately. Good thing I did!

19. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@PawPrints: scary! Glad it all went ok!! I wonder if your dr might induce you this time!

20. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

@2littlepumpkins: My midwife did offer it, especially since I'm due on Christmas, but I'm pretty keen to avoid pitocin so we'll just wing it again. I'm 10 minutes from the hospital so not too freaked out.

21. Tanjowen

nectarine / 2521 posts

@starchild: Do you know what kind of birth experience want? Epidural or no meds, etc? Once you have a general idea then it might be easier to narrow down books or classes...about the only thing I wished I had paid attention to were the breathing exercises!

22. Tanjowen

nectarine / 2521 posts

@PawPrints: 2.5 hours with your first!? I pushed for longer than that, haha.

23. Littlebit7

nectarine / 2243 posts

I had my anatomy US. I had recalled from my last kid that she was stubborn and wouldn't move to I had to walk across the street to 7-11 so this time I brought a small juice. Happy I did. This kid was fast asleep and woke up yawning to the juice and finally moved so they could get all the views they needed. All was well so no news is good news.

@starchild: I didn't really find the birth class that helpful. Ours was on the shorter side. I had a general idea of what I wanted labor to be like. Looking back I wish I had a better idea of what recovery could look like, what it would be like if I needed a csection (even though I didn't need one) or some idea of what would happen if my "plan" deviated from the anticipated path. I had a picture of what I thought things were going to look like and what I hoped they would look like. But I wish I went into it a bit more open-eyed. I have friends who had emergency csections, kids in the nicu for a few days, etc. I'm not saying any of this to scare you...I personally just wish I had given some thought to alternative outcomes and talked to more people beforehand.

24. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@starchild: I did not find it that helpful. I did an 8 hour session at the hospital too. I know a bit. Not a lot but feel informed and thought it was geared more towards people who have no clue. The only part I did like was the hospital tour. Most hospitals do that though without doing a long labor class. Like other people said it does depend on what kind of birth plan you are going for.

25. starchild

cherry / 235 posts

My legs are not straight so I'm kind of scared of back labor and want to avoid the epidural as long as possible so that I can move around. But I'm not against it, either.

@Eko: we did the hospital tour! I liked that. I'm reading the Mayo Clinic book and Expecting Better, so I don't feel clueless entirely about what the possibilities are. Just wonder if there's more than that. And maybe some what to expect when you bring baby home would be good.

26. starchild

cherry / 235 posts

@Littlebit7: No news is good news, glad she woke up!

27. kayla0416

apricot / 275 posts

@starchild: I also did not find my birth class very helpful. We had the option of an 8-hr Saturday class, or 3 Wednesday evenings for 2.5 hrs. We did Wednesdays. They spent a ton of time on breathing techniques and different massaging, positions, etc to make labor easier before pain meds (or if you're not getting pain meds). This was semi-helpful, but I wish they had spent more time on what all could go wrong. They only briefly (or not at all) mentioned things like forceps, vacuum-assistance, episiotomies, tearing, NICU, and even c-sections were only briefly talked about. What I learned most from was reading as many birth stories as I could find. That made me feel way more prepared.

28. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@starchild: My class was very similar to how @kayla0416: described. I ended up with back labor and screamed for an epidural, so most if it was pointless. They also don't talk about what to expect when you get home. Also, with my epidural I was actually able to still move around. Not as freely because it made me drowsy and you shouldn't move around too much. But I could walk to the bathroom and move around in my bed.

29. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@Littlebit7: yay for a good anatomy scan!

@starchild: I didn't know not straight legs had to do with back labor. My let's are "straight" but bend back at the knee a little, and my first I had pretty much all back labor and my second was more "normal." Not sure what to expect this time but hoping for an epidural either way!

@PawPrints: ten minutes is pretty close! You seem pretty confident about it.

30. starchild

cherry / 235 posts

@2littlepumpkins: I'm sort of knock kneed and my legs turn out, which I hope would make things easier. I sort of walk like a duck. I can't get my feet up in stirrups and my back has been bothering me for weeks already since I think everything is out of any kind of alignment already. The doc didn't say anything about not having back labor, I don't think there is any risk or anything, I just don't expect it to be very comfortable.

31. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@starchild: ouch. Can't hurt to ask if there's anything they recommend, especially going into the third trimester.

32. MrsTal

clementine / 901 posts

@jillybeans: I love all of your picks! I agree that with others that with James as a middle name something more feminine for the first name.

@Eko: I love Evelyn! So pretty!

@2littlepumpkins: I can't wait to hear what your name picks will be.

@Tanjowen: I like Ethan! I think it's one of those names that grows well from baby to adulthood.

@tramdoof: You look great!

@starchild: I love Beatrice and Camille!

DH and I have a really hard time with names. We agree on names it's just we don't like a lot. DS #1 is August (we call him Gus) and we loooove his name but we didn't settle on it until about 2 hours before we left the hospital. I'm super worried with two little guys to name we will be leaving the hospital without names!

33. Tanjowen

nectarine / 2521 posts

Anyone else's bellybutton ready to pop? Mine is right on the verge and it's so tender! It's interesting what I've forgotten from the first time around, and I'm remembering how weirdly funny I found this part of pregnancy.

34. MrsTal

clementine / 901 posts

@Tanjowen: mine popped a couple weeks ago! It never really popped with my first. And the tenderness, oy, DS likes to push it which is super uncomfortable lol

35. kayla0416

apricot / 275 posts

@Tanjowen: Yes! I just noticed this week that mine popped already. With my first, it didn't til the last few weeks so I was surprised to see that already.

Is it weird that I'm kind of sad that my belly button will never be "normal" again? Everything else eventually looked pretty normal again for me, but my stretched out belly button will never be the same...

36. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@MrsTal: I am sure you guys will come up with something! What names do you have so far?

@Tanjowen: I have a very inward belly button. I am not a small pregnant person what so ever and mine never popped with the first. I am thinking it may this round since baby girl is sitting higher.

Is anyone interested in doing a Facebook group? I've seen a lot of other groups are doing it and think it might be fun with such a small group of us.

37. MrsTal

clementine / 901 posts

@Eko: Right now the only name we both really like is Ronan, we have a list going when we hear/find something we like but nothing has been super solid yet.

I like the idea of a Facebook group. Facebook is easier for me to keep up with because I usually have my phone on me.

38. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@MrsTal: looove August/Gus! We still have time!

@Tanjowen: mine doesn't usually start looking flat until sometime in the third trimester!

@Eko: I'd be in for fb group!! I don't share a lot of things here because they are oddly specific. We did this in my last group and it was fun to see all the baby pics throughout the first year!

39. kayla0416

apricot / 275 posts

@Eko: I'd love to join a facebook group!!

40. Littlebit7

nectarine / 2243 posts

I'd join a FB group too!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee