Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2017 moms!

1. starchild

cherry / 235 posts

We had our first appointment today and saw the heartbeat! Such a huge relief. They waffled on the measurement, but for now I'm officially still due 12/27 but I would put good odds on a January baby.

2. tramdoof

coffee bean / 31 posts

@Starchild Yay for good scans!

3. Tanjowen

nectarine / 2521 posts

@starchild: Hooray! And yay for almost Christmas babies! I had my son 12/21

4. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@starchild: congrats on a good scan! We are due date twins for 12/27! Now I'm a little jealous because I have to wait until Monday for my scan

5. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@Tanjowen: I've been curious how it works out with a near Christmas birthday? My son has a June birthday so we get to do fun summer things. I don't want this one to get jipped.

6. Tanjowen

nectarine / 2521 posts

@Eko: Well, fortunately (unfortunately?) my family are experts at December birthdays. I'm one myself, along with 2 nieces and my little brother.

With my son we tend to celebrate his birthday a lot earlier in December so it doesn't bleed into Christmas. It works for us, and as he gets older we will definitely keep that up so he can celebrate with school friends before the winter break for school. Only stinky part for us all are no pool parties

We keep the parties low key but we do all still get gifts. My mom swears it's easier to shop all at one time anyways, haha.

ETA that we do things like bouncy house parties or just family dinner at our homes. As I got older, our parents took us out for a nice night in the city to see The Nutcracker and dinner.

7. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@Tanjowen: awww. I have two cousins that share the same birthday in early December (2) and that's all we have in my family. My brother has a late January, but my family is quite short on winter birthdays.

I like the idea of when they are older of doing something season related. We are a ski family, so that could really work for us.

For DS first birthday last year we did a big thing, but this year we are doing a big backyard bbq. It's more of a family summer party then necessarily a birthday party (as I asked for no gift giving). We are doing a small family dinner on his birthday and a big party a month later (not near his birthday) It's something I really want to keep going as our family's don't get together often, but it's kinda weird to mimic it in the winter. lol. Maybe I'll do a half birthday celebration. lol.

8. starchild

cherry / 235 posts

@Eko: Yay due date twins! Even though it's a Monday and all, hope it comes fast for you!

@Tanjowen: I'm curious about that, too. As happy as we are, that was the one disappointment, we feel bad that baby will not really get a special time for birthdays if the holidays overtake them. I like the idea of celebrating before/after depending on when the actual day is.

9. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

I wanted to wait until we had a positive ultrasound before joining. Just got out of the imaging lab and we have a singleton measuring on track and with a 136 bpm heartbeat, so here I go!

EDD: 12/26

First child? Second

Any symptoms? Exhaustion, nausea and smell sensitivity, a little bit of round ligament pain, more exhaustion

Who have you told? DH, the director at our daycare (spots in the infant room are extremely tough to get, can't get on that waitlist early enough). Now that we've seen a heartbeat we're going to tell our parents in a few days. We got a cute Big Sister shirt for DD that we'll use to reveal.

Current thoughts/feelings/fears? So relieved to see a heartbeat. Slightly bummed about the Christmas birthday, since I always have said that would be my last choice for a baby's birthday. But also a little excited searching adorable Christmas newborn photo shoot ideas. Found one of a baby wrapped up like a penguin. Also so so tired and not looking forward to the first trimester, I hated it so much last time.

10. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@PawPrints: congrats for a good appointment!

11. Tanjowen

nectarine / 2521 posts

@PawPrints: Congrats!!

12. starchild

cherry / 235 posts

@PawPrints: Congrats!

13. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

Hi everyone! After being sure I wasn't pregnant and then finally thinking maybe at about 5 weeks and taking a test closer to 6..I'm finally joining. We had our first appt this morning!

EDD: 12/31/17, NYE!

First child? Third.

Any symptoms? Heartburn and all day nausea, exhaustion. I just started anti-nausea medicine.. not zofran, the other one.

Who have you told? Just our parents, but it's not really a secret necessarily.

Current thoughts/feelings/fears? My OB doesn't even try to really measure the heartbeat, just said she saw a little flicker, until about 11-12 weeks, so that'll be reassuring. Also hoping that once the first trimester symptoms calm down, I will have a less uncomfortable pregnancy than last time. Last time I was pretty sick with an infection and the side effects still linger, but I'm hoping I've recovered enough. And of course I'm nervous but excited about having another little one.

14. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@2littlepumpkins: congrats for a good appt!!

15. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@Eko: Thanks!

Catching up on everyone here.. seems like we are mostly all due either the first or last week of December. I'm measuring a couple days behind but we're just going off of LMP since we don't know when I ovulated..so could even be January.

16. Tanjowen

nectarine / 2521 posts

@2littlepumpkins: Congrats on a good appointment!

17. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@2littlepumpkins: the divide is kinda funny. I'm more than likely going early this pregnancy. I was induced at 38w with my first for high bp and pre-e. My chances are good it'll happen again

18. starchild

cherry / 235 posts

@2littlepumpkins: Welcome and congrats! I'm in a similar situation actually! Due 12/27 based on LMP, but at the scan I was measuring closer to due 1/2! Given the size of that gap they measured more and said it's more like 12/31 but my practice won't update the "official" date if it's within +/- 5 of the LMP date. So I'm sorta thinking a January baby too but we'll see what happens!

19. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@Tanjowen: thank you!

@Eko: hopefully you feel well until that 38 week mark! The actual birthdays might be all over the place.

@starchild: thank you! Same here about the measurement but they are just sticking to 12/31. Fun!!

Happy Mothers Day to all!

20. tramdoof

coffee bean / 31 posts

Happy Monday everyone! I'm at 11 weeks and 2 days and had a routine follow up today. When they went to listen for the heartbeat with the Doppler they couldn't find. A med student tried first and then the doctor. I was so anxious! They then brought out the ultrasound sound machine. It took then what seemed like forever to find the baby. It turns out the baby was just moving too much!. There was a good 10 minutes where I was just a wreck, but I was so grateful everything was ok. I got to see the baby jump and wiggle so in the end all is well. This is my first pregnancy, any one else ever experience something similar?

21. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

Had my first u/s today and everything looked good!! Heartbeat was 132 and they only saw one baby! Woot! They moved my EDD to 12/30. So excited over here.

22. Tanjowen

nectarine / 2521 posts

@tramdoof: I am so glad they finally found it for you! I have never had that happen, but sounds like you have a little wiggle worm on your hands. My son kept hitting at the ultrasound probe and it frustrated my tech because they couldn't ever get a decent measurement of his head thanks to that, haha.

@Eko: Hooray for a good strong heartbeat! Great news!

23. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@tramdoof: I haven't had it happen to me but I have definitely heard of this happening! Glad it was all ok! So jealous of you being 11+ weeks. I am such a wimp but I am feeling so crappy and can't wait to get to the end of the first trimester.

@Eko: Glad you had a great first appointment! ❤

24. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@tramdoof: I haven't experienced it, but have heard it happening. I also have had inexperienced technicians and it's not nerve calming usually.

My Dr. Said I get to find out gender if I get the cell free DNA genetic testing. Kinda excited I get to find out early.

25. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@2littlepumpkins: I was a little bummed when they pushed back my EDD since that means I have to wait that much longer to get out of the first trimester.

26. starchild

cherry / 235 posts

@tramdoof: Oh I feel for you, that sounds excruciating. So glad it was good news!!!

@Eko: My friend found out early with the genetic test, too. Jealous! Not because I care about "gendering" the baby (and we may actually say team green in public, undecided), but it is so abstract and surreal and I think being able to concretely think about "he" or "she" and a name will make it more real than "it."

::raises hand:: super over first trimester feeling crappy here, too! My husband has been amazing and tries to help however he can, though. I'm very lucky.

27. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

Has anyone told their work yet?

My next appointment is not for another 6 weeks and I know there is no way I am hiding this belly for that much longer.

28. Tanjowen

nectarine / 2521 posts

@Eko: We are a spread across 5 different offices, with HR being in another county. I told my immediate supervisor in my home office and my co-workers, but plan to tell HR on Thursday. Mainly because I have to go in for a meeting at that office and it will be a convenient time to sit down and talk!

29. Tanjowen

nectarine / 2521 posts

Also, pregnancy is weird. I felt horrible over the weekend, like bad enough nausea to stay in bed most of Saturday, and today I feel awesome. Like I'm not even pregnant, other than a belly sticking out.

Not complaining about feeling great, just funny how each day is different!

30. starchild

cherry / 235 posts

I am very anxious about telling work. I accepted an internal transfer to an entirely new team a week before I found out. So I've only been with this team/boss since May 1, and we're off to a bit of an awkward start -- surprise, the role they hired me for is not the role they are now telling me I'll do. Our next scan is 6/13 and I'll be 12w then so prefer not to tell them till then if I can manage that long. My boss is super nice, but yeah, not looking forward to it.

31. tramdoof

coffee bean / 31 posts

I told work after my 8 week ultrasound. I work for a young, but global company (we have offices in (DC, NY, London, Hong Kong, Toronto) and I am the first person to take maternity leave across all our offices. I wanted to tell them early to give them plenty of time to get everything finalized. I'm actually part of a working group to finalize our maternity leave policy and I know exactly where we are with it! Thankfully I am good friends with our HR person and love my bosses. They were super supportive, but it's still always a funny conversation to navigate.

32. tramdoof

coffee bean / 31 posts

@Tanjowen, I totally agree! Today and yesterday felt so normal. I ran and ate regular meals. This weekend was all over the place. I can't tell if I am feeling better because I'm closer to 12 weeks or just having some good days!

33. starchild

cherry / 235 posts

Last night I took a colace, milk of magnesia, and reglan cocktail. This morning I feel the most like myself I have since I found out now that everything is working properly!

34. Littlebit7

nectarine / 2243 posts

Phew. Good looking viability sonogram at 8 w6d. I can finally let out a little of the breath I've been holding for 4 weeks. Strong HB and everything looks "good". Now the next 4 week wait begins.

35. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@Littlebit7: yay!!! You're so right about it being like another four week wait!

@Eko: I work for family PT so not much to tell here, but of course the month or two I miss I don't get paid for.

@Tanjowen: @tramdoof: @starchild: glad you are having some good days.

36. starchild

cherry / 235 posts

@Littlebit7: Yay! Great news on the good scan!

37. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@Littlebit7: awesome to hear!! I feel ya on the 4 week weight.

38. starchild

cherry / 235 posts

Well, I ended up telling my boss today. I was going to wait three more weeks, but I'm feeling really nauseous. He's chill about working from home, but I don't want to abuse that trust so I told him. And now I'm sipping chicken broth and eating crackers in stretchy pants on a conference call because first tri is THE WORST. But at least it was nbd after all, he was very congratulatory.

39. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@starchild: yay! Sounds like a great boss. Sorry you aren't feeling well.

My nausea has gotten a little better. Of course now I'm worried something is wrong but I also am up to the max dose diclegis now after trying out just the two at night, so maybe it is just working. I definitely still have my moments and am still feeling pretty tired and blah and having food aversions.

How's everyone else doing??

40. Tanjowen

nectarine / 2521 posts

@2littlepumpkins: I hit the end of the first trimester today and I feel pretty good the past 2 days. And same, it has me worried more than happy. Very much looking forward to my appointment next week and to see the baby again!

The waking up to pee at night though, I did not miss that the past few years

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee