Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2018 Moms!

1. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@MrsMom: I don't qualify for the testing either so we will wait for either the anatomy scan or possibly an earlier elective scan to determine the sex. I had my blood draw for PAPP-A done last Friday (so many vials) and will have my NT scan on 5/25. I get to have another appointment with my mdiwife on Monday too so I am hoping that we can hear the hearbeat via doppler. I'll be 11w1d so not sure if it will come up. I did get to see the heartbeat at my friend's scan a couple weeks ago though

Also omg your pics are SO CUTE. I agree - I love the family hat one, but you could always post multiple pics Hope you had a great time at Disney - we are a FL family so we've taken our daughter a few times. I'm debating sqeezing in another trip before the new baby comes.

We have a girl, and another girl would be great - I already feel like I know what to do, we have SO MUCH of her stuff saved, and it would make sharing and hand-me-downs so easy. But, my husband and I both come from 2-kid boy/girl families and I think we both really want a boy this time to be able to experience both. And, even though it doesn't necessarily mean it will go this way because tradition is changing, not having a boy would mean that his family name might end with my husband and that makes us both a bit sad.

My friend's teacher for her ultrasound program has a 100% guess rate for the 'nub theory' so I will probably take our NT scans to her to see what she thinks and then use that to sort of mentally prepare. I know it wouldn't be official until later on when development is further along - so I'm sort of torn between guessing so early or just continuing to stay totally in the dark until we can be sure.

@yellowbeach: I have seen those sneak peek tests but am so worried it would be wrong and we will be super disappointed. I see mostly false boy results and that would be much harder to take than a false girl result. Patience is SO HARD.

@mediagirl: We told our daughter after our first scan because we knew we'd tell our families the next week when we saw them and wanted her to know first. I worried about something happening because it was so early, but also she's older (5.5 yrs) so I really wanted to make sure she didn't feel surprised or left out. She has been wanting a sibling for YEARS and was so sweet and happy about it. She keeps telling me 'your belly is bigger!' even when it's not really hahaha and she asked to tape one of the ultrasound pics up near her bed to be next to the baby. Gosh I get emotional just thinking about how great of a big sister she will be.

2. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

Refresh?

3. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@yellowbeach: Ugh that seems like too long! I would be pretty bummed too.

4. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@lindseykaye: Thank You! I will probably use the family one and one of him for the announcement.
    We will most likely wait and do an elective ultrasound again this time around.
    We have a son and part of me hopes it's another boy because our house is already so full of boy stuff and I don't know if we would have room for girl things too. I know that all kids are different, but I feel more prepared to have a boy VS a girl (if that makes sense). However part of me does want the experience of having a girl so I guess I would be satisfied either way.

That's neat about your friends nub theory accuracy, You'll definitely have to keep us updated on that.

5. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

How's everyone feeling?

I'm exhausted ALL THE TIME! I get plenty of sleep at night, yet I'm having the hardest time staying awake at work. I have a sit down job so I go on a walk mid morning & afternoon to try and keep myself going, but it's so hard. I keep telling DH that this baby is literally sucking the life out of me! Do you think it could be because I'm not eating very well because of the all day nausea?

6. mediagirl

hostess / wonderful persimmon / 25556 posts

@yellowbeach: 7-10 days! That's a lifetime!

7. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@mediagirl: I know - to placate myself I'm about to go downstairs and ultrasound myself. Had a dream last night the heartbeat just stopped without warning or sign and we found out at our 20 week scan. Clearly irrational, but going to US myself nonetheless

8. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

Ok, US done and baby looks good. Moving quite a bit more than 2 weeks ago at our last US. I can focus on other things again now. My DH doesn't seem to understand that pregnancy is a 24/7 endeavor and can consume your thoughts as you contemplate everything you eat/drink, environmental hazards, etc. It's almost like he forgets we are pregnant most days. LOL.

9. mediagirl

@yellowbeach: so glad things looked good today!

Had my second u/s with the RE today and he says, "I don't usually see babies this far along. Ha. He measured me at 9w1d, which is my calculation. He went a little further with his measurements, which was nice, and printed us a ream of pictures. And, of course, that speedy heartbeat.

So that means when I have my appt on the 23rd, I'll get the NIPT testing done then. Woo!

10. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@mediagirl: Congrats on such a great appointment! Are you officially graduated now, or is the 23rd still with your RE?

11. mediagirl

@yellowbeach: graduated. The 23rd is with my OB....who I'm still trying to figure out if she will be my OB or not. Depends on what hospital I want to deliver at. My one big thing is the hospital I would deliver at with my current OB does not allow children during flu season. The other one does. That means a lot to me and will to my daughter who will be 6...

12. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@mediagirl: You just reminded me I need to check on that. Is that a posted policy at the hospital all the time, or did they enact that this past season since the flu was so bad? I need to figure out if that's the case here and try to work around it if so

13. mediagirl

@yellowbeach: I did some research and found that the one hospital group is VERY conservative about it while the other doesn't usually do it. This past year was a terrible flu year and they did not ban kids. I need to call about their policies anyways before I make any decisions.

14. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@mediagirl: Congratulations on graduating!! That's such an exciting milestone

Thanks for bringing up the hosplital flu season policy. I'm still hoping I can qualify for the new birth center my practice is building right now, but there's an info session on Monday evening I'm going to and this has given me a question to ask for sure what their policy will be. Plus if I don't qualify or for some reason they get super delayed it will be something I want to know about the hospital where I'll be.

15. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@yellowbeach: I love that you can do that! Also a little jealous LOL. It's so hard to focus on other things when you have no idea what's going on inside.

@mediagirl: I'm so glad that your appointment went so well and all looks good with the baby!

16. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@mediagirl: What a great appt! That’s funny about his comment!

17. mediagirl

We told our almost 6 year old tonight. She is sooooo excited. She wants the baby here now and wants to teach "HER" everything. Oh, but if it's a boy, that will be ok, too. "We will deal". lol

18. thepaperbutterfly

grape / 98 posts

In the last week or two I've been dealing with a lot of anxiety It was kind of unexpected because the first part of this pregnancy was so chill. With my first child I freaked out about pretty much everything including the Zika virus. . . I wore bug repellent everyday, which is overkill considering I live in California XD Then my fertility acupuncturist at the time freaked me out about bug repellent, and I had another anxiety attack D:

I asked my OB for a CMV test. It's something I wanted to know before my first baby, and my primary care doctor said he couldn't do it, so I never found out my CMV status. I was immune to MMR and Varicella. I have a 16 month old in daycare, so it's something I'm really worried about I taught ballet to children 3+ years old for eight years, so I'm hoping I caught it years ago, but I won't no for sure without the blood test. I've been careful, but not neurotically careful until about 2 weeks ago. . . .

I'm a neurotic person, so I'm definitely prone to bouts of anxiety. I'm just finding it hard to relax and looking forward to the NT ultrasound, but it's on 5/30, which seems so far away. My husband wanted to take a picture of my baby bump for his mom, but I'm kind of apprehensive about sharing my pregnancy when so many things could go wrong right now.

I hope you ladies all have a nice Mother's Day. We are going to try taking our daughter to a pool for the first time tomorrow, and I'm worried she'll hate it because she hates baths (hate is an understatement) and pools kind of look like a big bathtub I talk about her a lot so here's a picture of her. She's too young to process what having a sibling would be like, so she doesn't really care. Though the other day I was patting my baby bump, so she pulled up her shirt, stuck out her belly, and started patting it too XD

19. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

December 2018 Moms

12/2: YellowBeach (#2), LindseyKaye (#2)
    12/5: MrsMollyAlexandra (#1)
    12/6: Emmalina (#2)
    12/8: LindsayinNY (#2)
    12/11: ThePaperButterfly (#2)
    12/12: MotherRunner (-3 wks, #3)
    12/15: MrsMom (-3 wks, #2)
    12/16: MediaGirl (#2)
    12/20: IrishEyes (#1), @Gorbylon (#2)
    12/25: DizzyMiss (#3)

Happy Mother's Day!

20. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@thepaperbutterfly: You know, I can definitely relate to having anxiety and worrying about how everything can go wrong. It's hard when you read stories on HB about MC, premature labor, and everything in between. With so many places for things to go wrong, you wonder just how any baby can ever turn out healthy.

The reality is that even though some of these things exist and happen to real people (I'm in the 4.4% who got HELLP on her first pregnancy), most of these issues are the exception rather than the rule.

For me on this second pregnancy, I've been so worried, even before we ever got pregnant, about getting sick again and not being able to support a healthy environment for my growing baby. As a mom, expectant mom and as a physician, I've learned that especially in the world of OB, babies are going to do what they want, and pregnancies that are troubled will end when they are supposed to. It's an amazingly complex process with a lot of deliberate checks and balances.

I guess my point is not to minimize any of these bad things that can happen, but to say that they are rarer than we think, and if and when they happen, it's probably for the best in some form or fashion. I've learned that I have minimal control over this process, and that I need to just put some faith in the wonder if the female body to know that everything will be ok.

I hope you can find some ways to destress and to enjoy your pregnancy when you can, especially this Mother's Day

21. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@yellowbeach: Hey - can you change me to 12/7?

22. mediagirl

@thepaperbutterfly: I'm sorry you're struggling so much. have you considered talking to your OB about your anxiety? I don't know if you're like me but for me this is SO HARD because I have no control and I'm ALL about controlling everything in sight. Your daughter is so gorgeous!! I hope she enjoys the pool tomorrow as a different experience and something she finds joyful instead of terrifying.

23. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

December 2018 Moms

12/2: YellowBeach (#2), LindseyKaye (#2)
    12/5: MrsMollyAlexandra (#1)
    12/6: Emmalina (#2)
    12/7: LindsayinNY (#2)
    12/11: ThePaperButterfly (#2)
    12/12: MotherRunner (-3 wks, #3)
    12/15: MrsMom (-3 wks, #2)
    12/16: MediaGirl (#2)
    12/20: IrishEyes (#1), @Gorbylon (#2)
    12/25: DizzyMiss (#3)

Happy Mother's Day x2!

24. mediagirl

Buying maternity clothes is the most miserable experience in the world. My Gap and Old Navy don't sell in store anymore and I'm not really in a budget range to buy all Pea in a Pod. I hate clothes shopping but 100% worse while pregnant.

25. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@mediagirl: Last time, I ordered Gap and ON and just returned. It's free shipping over $50 and then free returns so just overbuy and return! Someone else said ASOS does free shipping and returns now too. (Not as inexpensive as Gap/ON though). What about Target or even Walmart online for basics?

26. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@mediagirl: Ditto to buying online for ON and Gap. I always shop this way at their stores, buying multiple colors and sizes in what I want and taking advantage of online promotions and deals. Then either mailing back my returns or popping in the store to return there which is much easier than actually shopping at the store for me. My store still takes returns even if they don't sell the item unless marked otherwise on the site for online only return, which is still free. I like having my own space and items to try stuff on with (the right bra/underwear, shoes, tops to see if they go with bottoms, etc.) and the lighting is way better than a dressing room

27. thepaperbutterfly

grape / 98 posts

@Yellowbeach: Thank you for being a voice of reason. I've calmed down a bit. It's easy to focus on everything that can go wrong, but statistically odds are much better that everything will go right. I got the Sneak Peak gender reveal test, so the results will be something to look forward to until my next ultrasound. If you get "Girl" it's probably 90-95% accurate. "Boy," seems to have an accuracy of around 80% XD I did it last pregnancy and got "Girl." So we'll see

@Mediagirl: Yeah I can talk to my OB about my anxiety next visit. He's a really chill guy. I might try to find a therapist.
    I think it would help, but it's hard to find the time with a toddler, work, and pregnancy exhaustion I'm already on a tricyclic antidepressant for spine pain, so it definitely helps my mood. My daughter loved the pool! She just sat on the edge and had a fun time splashing around

28. Christy412

grape / 83 posts

Hi Ladies!!

EDD: 12/10/18
    First child? No- #2! I have a 20mo old boy
    Any symptoms? Sore boobs, tired
    Who have you told? My parents/Inlaws and close family. I’ve told 2 friends because keeping a secret is so hard!
    Current thoughts/feelings/fears? I had severe preeclampsia with my first. He was delivered at 36 weeks but was a healthy 6lb 15oz boy! I’m nervous I’ll get it again. Doc recommended taking low dose aspirin nightly.

I’m excited and a little overwhelmed at the thought of having 2! My little one will be 2 at the end of August.

29. Christy412

grape / 83 posts

Hi Ladies!!

EDD: 12/10/18
    First child? No- #2! I have a 20mo old boy
    Any symptoms? Sore boobs, tired
    Who have you told? My parents/Inlaws and close family. I’ve told 2 friends because keeping a secret is so hard!
    Current thoughts/feelings/fears? I had severe preeclampsia with my first starting at about 32 weeks. He was delivered at 36 weeks but was a healthy 6lb 15oz boy! I’m nervous I’ll get it again. Doc recommended taking low dose aspirin nightly.

I’m excited and a little overwhelmed at the thought of having 2! My little one will be 2 at the end of August.

30. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Christy412: Welcome and congrats! I also had severe Pre-E with #1, so I feel your pain. Have you had any ultrasounds yet? Do you think you'll find out the gender?

31. Christy412

grape / 83 posts

@yellowbeach: My first trimester screening is on 5/30. Yes we will find out the gender. I’m hoping it’s a boy so we can reuse clothes! 😂 We did see the heartbeat flicker at the first appointment so I’ll feel better at the next appointment and 12+ week mark!

32. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

Had genetic blood work done this morning since I'll be 35 a month before my due date. Still asked to do a NT scan (because I want to see this baby!) so that's May 31.

Anyone else going team green ?? TBH, I don't really want another girl and feel like I'll have disappointment if I learn ahead of time (versus being too overjoyed at delivery). And we're only having 2 so why not be surprised?

33. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@LindsayInNY: I am a total lurker on this thread, sorry! We were team green with our son, and it was so exciting! I was so sure I was having a girl (didn't think I wanted a boy because I came from a family of all girls), but the excitement of finding out made none of it matter. I did say "you're shitting me" after my husband said it was a boym but then it was pure joy and excitement and love when I finally got to see him come out from behind the surgical drape. Also you don't get a ton of NB size gender specific clothes at a baby shower and actually get stuff that you need (don't know if that is as big of a factor with baby #2 as it is for baby #1).

34. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@Christy412: Welcome to the group and congratulations!! I feel the same way about having another girl - so much saved from my daughter - but we are I think still hoping for a boy this time. At least that means I will be happy either way, right? haha

@LindsayInNY: No team green over here. I am such a planner I do not think I could handle the uncertainty and mostly I think I would go nuts from all the questions and guesses from everyone else. I know I'll be truly happy either way, but everyone else chiming in with what they *think* or *want* the baby to be would probably weigh on me that they would be disappointed somehow if it's not one or the other. I'm already sort of nervous that if it's a girl there will be not as much excitement from our families as if it is a boy. Now, my daughter is another story because her excitement for a sister will probably make up for anyone else.

I had a routine appointment yesterday with my midwife. She was able to use the doppler to find the heartbeat and it was nice and strong. I got to take a video of that to share with my husband too since he was not there with me. The office now offers gender reveals (they did not when I was pregnant with my first) so with a little sweet talk from my midwife, I was able to make mine early at 15w4d (they usually only schedule from 16 weeks) - right before Father's Day weekend I'll also get to have my next appointment with her right after so that will be nice to double up. It's less expensive than the other gender reveal places in town too so that was a bonus!

Ugh though the only little bit of downside to my appointment is finding out my weight and feeling like I need to already start watching my weight gain and what I'm eating. Food aversion/nausea was pretty rough and I have not been very active (either before my pregnancy or now). So yesterday I took LO on a nice walk around the neighborhood before dinner, subbed cauliflower for rice, and will try to keep that up.

35. mediagirl

@Christy412: welcome! Congratulations on your pregnancy!

@LindsayInNY: heck no! I can't wait. It's impossible for me. And we told our daughter that we'll tell her what it is sometime in June - hopefully before her birthday. How far along are you today?

@lindseykaye: how was the cauliflower rice? I am worried about weight this go round, too. Last time I gained 50lbs. I can't do that again. I'm afraid I'll never lose it. And I have no nausea this time so it's not like I'm losing weight in the first tri....

36. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@Christy412: Welcome! So glad to have you here!

@LindsayInNY: I wanted to go team green but I have no support for it. My husband said no way that he HAS to know and my family thinks it inconvenient. I mostly wanted to be team green because i will have a repeat csection and I feel like I already know what to expect and have no surprise factor. It may seem silly but It almost feels mechanical (go to the hospital, get cut open, get handed the baby on a schedule) I don't know what I'll end up doing.

@lindseykaye: @mediagirl: I'm having the opposite, I already lost 8lbs in two weeks because I just can't eat. Although it's becoming alarming, I almost went to the hospital last night because I felt so dizzy, All I could muster to eat yesterday was two tomatoes and not enough water. My problem is I feel so yucky and hate throwing up, that I just wont eat or drink to avoid it. So today I'm trying my hardest to make myself eat and drink no matter how I feel.

37. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@MrsMom: Oh man that's tough. Neither side is easy - I really hope you get some relief soon. Did you have this same level of nausea with your first? I know I only started feeling better last week and I'm about 2 weeks ahead of you so maybe there's a light coming. I know every pregnancy is so different though, hopefully you can find some options that you can tolerate. What about nutrition shakes/smoothies with high calorie ingredients? You may have thought of that or have aversion to them too but wanted to throw it out there.

@mediagirl: I love cauliflower rice so it was great! I get mine at Trader Joe's and they also sell it at my regular grocery store in steam-in-bag microwave packs now too. I also gained about 50 lbs with my first, and this time around I am starting out about 30 lbs heavier than I was when I got pregnant last time. I'm still not too overweight, but definitely out of my comfort zone. I had lost the baby weight fine, but when I stopped breastfeeding I put on about 30 lbs... then lost it succesfully doing 21 Day Fix... and then gained it back during grad school last year I wanted to lose that weight again before trying for #2 but I just didn't make it happen and well, here I am! My midwife suggested lowering carb intake, going for more high nutrient-density carbs, choosing lower glycemic fruits, and not drinking calories. Really I need to cut the junk and stop eating what I 'feel like' now that I am not feeling sick all the time. All of these tips helped me lose weight before, so I am just needing to get back to healther habits in order to prevent rapid gain this time. Last pregnancy I definitely splurged on so much pizza and mexican food - so while I don't want to totally avoid everything I love and crave, I want to balance it a lot better this time.

38. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@lindseykaye: I hope relief comes soon. I'm still trying to figure to what will work. I just need to buckle down and take care of myself. I was definitely not this sick with my first, I craved salty things. This time I seem to want red meat all the time, Maybe I'm lacking protein?
    I love cauliflower but I've never had it as rice. Does it taste like cauliflower?

39. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@MrsMom: Riced cauliflower does still taste like cauliflower but it's really mild and the texture is quite similar to rice I find. Just not as fluffy/dry. It's a great neutral base - last night I had it with homemade channa masala, and have used it with stir fry or made fried rice with it. Also it works well with mexican food I think!

40. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@lindseykaye: That sounds great! I'll have to try it some time.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee