Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2018 Moms!

1. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@lindseykaye: NY is crappy when it comes to birth centers I wish we had more (particularly in the NYC-area). I still plan on unmedicated with this one though. TBD on a doula. My coworker is one so I might see if she's interested?

2. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@LindsayInNY: Ah yeah that's a bummer you don't have more options. But it's great you were able to have an unmedicated birth like you planned for the first and can plan that again for your second! I also had a hospital/unmedicated for my LO and would be doing the exact same for this one if my practice weren't building their own center - or if it wasn't planned to open before my due date!

I have a birth center option super close to my house but they transfer to a different hospital in town which is not my first choice. So, I figured go with my practice at the hospital I prefer and it went great.

I'm a little nervous that medication options won't be available without transfer this time - not sure if it will be more motivating or if it will freak me out since last time it was kind of always in my back pocket as an option. But I'm just sort of going into it reminding myself that I did it last time and can do it again!

3. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

Thought I'd update since it's been a while. Hope everyone is doing great in the second trimester!

December 2018 Moms

12/2: LindseyKaye (#2)
    12/5: MrsMollyAlexandra (#1)
    12/6: Emmalina (#2)
    12/7: LindsayinNY (#2)
    12/8: Chillmama86
    12/10: Mediagirl (#2)
    12/10: Christy412 (#2)
    12/11: ThePaperButterfly (#2)
    12/12: MotherRunner (-3 wks, #3)
    12/15: MrsMom (-3 wks, #2)
    12/20: IrishEyes (#1), Gorbylon (#2)
    12/25: DizzyMiss (#3)
    12/30: katrocap (#2)

Yellowbeach

4. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

Anatomy scan went well today! Baby constantly had feet and hands in front of face. We got a lot of cute pics printed too!

How's everyone doing with name choices?

5. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@MrsMom: I appreciate you including me in the bottom of the list. It reminds me that while I often feel like I'm the only one in the world who ever thinks about the little girl we lost, you all are kind enough to acknowledge her. Could you add the symbol to my listing pretty please?

6. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@yellowbeach: Of Course! You and your little girl will always be apart of the group. I check in on your posts and think of you often.

December 2018 Moms

12/2: LindseyKaye (#2)
    12/5: MrsMollyAlexandra (#1)
    12/6: Emmalina (#2)
    12/7: LindsayinNY (#2)
    12/8: Chillmama86
    12/10: Mediagirl (#2)
    12/10: Christy412 (#2)
    12/11: ThePaperButterfly (#2)
    12/12: MotherRunner (-3 wks, #3)
    12/15: MrsMom (-3 wks, #2)
    12/20: IrishEyes (#1), Gorbylon (#2)
    12/25: DizzyMiss (#3)
    12/30: katrocap (#2)

Yellowbeach (#2)

7. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@LindsayInNY: I'm so glad to hear your scan went well!

We are having a very hard time with names. Anything either of us like the other doesn't. I'm at constant battle with the one name we can agree on, Luke, Because our son is Logan...Will I always get them mixed up, or is that going to happen with any name? Plus is that too matchy? It took me three days after birth to name my son so we're probably looking at the same for this one.

8. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@MrsMom: So glad we're not the only one having name issues!! I don't think Luke and Logan are bad together at all! I actually like them! My sister is Lauren (I'm Lindsay). I have cousins Mike and Michelle and Steven and Staci... Clearly my mom's side of the family likes keeping the same letter?? LOL. We had lists for girls and boys. We narrowed girls down to Piper Ann, I think (DD is Quinn Josephine so I feel like they fit as being different without being too weird?). As for boys, my husband narrowed them down to his top 5 but none really wow me: Wilder, Fletcher, Montgomery, Chapman. There was another but it escapes me... Clearly must be my favorite, LOL. We want it to go with Jason or Jay as a middle name. Montgomery Jay works but seems like such a mouthful. And all I keep doing is proposing new names to the list! I'm no help.

9. Christy412

grape / 83 posts

Whoa! Just realized I haven’t been on lately! We had our anatomy scan yesterday, still a boy! 😊 Interestingly enough, this baby has the same dilated kidney issue as my first son had! It’s nothing to worry about and common in boys. We will have 2 more ultrasounds to check the measurements then if still dilated, baby will have an ultrasound when he is born. I can’t believe a lot of us are half way there!

10. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@LindsayInNY: Definitely not the only one. I love the name Piper! I like Montgomery too, would you have a nickname to go by? I keep adding more names to the list as well and it's just getting stressful LOL. It's so hard to pick out names.

Well now that you named your relatives with the same letter I think it's cute!!

11. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@MrsMom: I don’t know? I feel like Monty is the only nickname really? Oh Carver was the other name my husband liked.

12. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@LindsayInNY: Oh I like Carver too. Thats what I was thinking it would have to be Monty or Emery maybe. Our other names were Owen and Connor. we don't have a middle name picked out so I think that's making it harder.

@Christy412: Glad you had no surprises gender wise LOL. How interesting that they both have the same Kidney dilation. At least you know what to expect this time around. It's so nice to be halfway, but the panic of not having a single thing done or even started is setting in.

13. Christy412

grape / 83 posts

@MrsMom: Same! I just bought a crib off someone yesterday. We decided to keep my son in his crib. He loves it, and is only going to be slightly over 2 when baby comes. So now I have to clean out the dressers in our spare room and get everything out 😨😨. I’m panicking and my husband is all “we have time”

14. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@LindsayInNY: So glad the scan went well and you got to see plenty of movement Plus I saw your other thread so yay you're still team green and there were no gender reveal slip ups!

We're in the same boat with names. People keep asking and while we wouldn't tell anyone anyway - we are completely undecided! LO has been suggesting names, some are great and some are a little too out there. I like Alice Linden McL--- and we recently saw the name Merryn (or Merrin, pronounced MEH-rhyn) and both like it. Not sure if it would be a middle or first. I also have a fondness for the middle name Asa - it's a boy name but it's my brother's and a long-generational family name which looks like it might die out. Our LO is Ellora Jean and we had her middle first and forever, and it took a long long time to find her name so this is super tough.
    I have a best friend whose daughter is Piper and it's such a sweet name - love it! Her kids go by their middles (tradition) so she's actually Helena Piper and her youngest is Mary Mavis and goes by Mavis.

@MrsMom: @Christy412: A little panic setting in over here too but trying to take it slow. We had a big clean out and held a garage sale last weeknd so I feel good about the progress on moving things out and around. We are actually switching rooms so the new baby will get our current bedroom and we'll move into the 'spare'. So we have a LOT of work to do. It's likely we also need to get a small storage space since we don't have an attic/basement/garage suitable for storage and everything in the spare closet will need a home. Holiday decorations, luggage, all that stuff. Ugh. Next on the list is booking that and getting things OUT so we can have basically an empty room to work with and move our bedroom in there so we can start a nursery.

And good call on keeping the crib for your LO, with him that young it will probably be nice for him to have that comfort and one fewer change. Plus I'm in the camp who keep 'em in a crib as long as possible so they're contained while sleeping hahaha

15. mediagirl

hostess / wonderful persimmon / 25556 posts

@LindsayInNY: so glad the anatomy scan went well!

Names. Ugh, names. They are so hard. I need to learn to keep our ideas out of my mom's vicinity b/c she is cruel when she doesn't like one.

@lindseykaye: moving rooms is SO hard. We are modifying the guest room into a guest room/nursery for now. My parents are typically our only guests and I really want a full nursery so, I don't know what we'll do. I've cleared out the closet and am working on the other parts. "Stuff" we have that we need (like sleeping bags) we have to figure out where their new home will be. Then we are painting the room a light sage green that I am hoping will go with the nursery theme - pink and navy nautical. Some pics below on what I'm thinking.

16. mediagirl

Also...cravings. Last night I *needed* something sweet and chewy so I stole my daughter's gummies that were supposed to go in her lunch today. Ha!

Anyone else having cravings yet?

17. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@Christy412: It's the same here, I'm panicking and everyone else says we have time...Ugh. We kept my son in his crib until he was 3 because he didn't climb out and loved it. Luckily we were trying for #2 when we moved him to a twin bed so we just left the crib together and put it in the spare room.

@lindseykaye: That's a lot of moving rooms! At least you've started cleaning out and the yard sale helped I'm sure. Having a storage space will be nice. I really don't have too much to do since it's the same gender. We kept most everything from our son. We bought a new baby swing when babies r us was going out and I want a new rocking chair. We're going to transfer the furniture that matches the crib to the nursery so I have to find a dresser I like for my son and just find new homes for everything in the spare room.

@mediagirl: I'm having the same problem with some family members, I wish they could remember how hard it is to find the "right" name. I love those colors for the nursery!
    I've been craving cheesecake LOL. I want it sooo bad, but i haven't caved yet.

18. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@MrsMom: @mediagirl: De-lurking, my mom hated my son's middle name, his first name was after her dad so maybe it didn't seem right to her. She got over it, but I'm not sure if I would tell her names again

19. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@mediagirl: What a sweet nursery! I love it. Thankfully we don't have to repaint either room - just do some touch-ups where wall art will be moving around and for scuffs and things. Our current bedroom and the future nursery are also a light sage/spring green which I am hoping will go well with the colors we are choosing. LO said she should have an 'enchanted nursery' and picked out unicorn loveys for her so I'm loosely running with that. Soft pinks/multi colors to go with this rug.

20. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@lindseykaye: Love this concept - with a good paint color like you have, simple things like white furniture and art will pop off very easily.

@mediagirl: I love the idea of taking a theme that's usually masculine and spinning it for a girl's room. I remember being very tempted by pink and navy for my wedding colors. There's just something so classy with that combo.

21. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@yellowbeach: I considered navy and coral for my wedding colors, but couldn't get the bridesmaids dresses that I loved in either color.

22. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@lindseykaye: I love those colors. My room was those colors growing up and I loved how bright it felt. What a cute idea from your daughter.

We're doing Navy, Green, and white nursery. I don't have a designated theme, just the colors.

@Sams Mom: My mom didn't like my sons middle name either, but it was my husbands best friends name and he passed away from cancer a few months before we got pregnant so it was important to us. It's funny how others can get so bent out of shape over a name you pick for YOUR child.

23. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@mediagirl: Awww, those colors are what we did for my daughter's room!

24. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@Sams Mom: Haha, those were out wedding colors - navy and coral!

@MrsMom: If we have a boy, I think we're going to incorporate green into the existing navy/pink colors.

25. mediagirl

@lindseykaye: those colors are fantastic. You can do so much pulling colors out of that rug.
    @LindsayInNY: I love it!! Such great colors.
    @Sams Mom: ha, mine were orange and navy....came close to doing coral but orange won out.

26. Christy412

grape / 83 posts

@LindsayInNY: @mediagirl love the nautical!! We did that for my sons (not as cute as the navy and pink) I used spice racks from Ikea and spray painted them white and navy to use for Bookshelves.

27. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@yellowbeach: Aw thank you! And yes we are planning a white crib and the room has some existing white shelves we're keeping there. We're moving some dark wood furniture in from LO's room but hoping we can make it work. One piece is a little dresser we're going to use as a changing table and I thought of putting a white changer top on it would kind of tie them together and look sort of modern like the two-tone pieces I've seen. We'll see!

28. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@mediagirl: Thank you to you too! I am waiting for Labor Day to see if I can snag it on super sale. Passed up a 4th of July 55% off so I'm hoping that pays off.

@LindsayInNY: @Christy412: So much cute! The new rooms will be just as sweet I'm sure!!

29. mediagirl

This was LO #1's nursery. I loved the coral color so much but it made it very difficult to find anything to match!

30. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

So many Cute nurseries!!

@LindsayInNY: I'm thinking of doing the same paint design you did! How funny.

31. mediagirl

I'm dying for a spicy chicken and honey biscuit from biscuitville right now. But they close at 4pm.. 😫 And yes, I live in the south. Lol.

32. mediagirl

How is everyone doing? It's been quiet on here. Any appointments recently?

33. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@mediagirl: just had my 24 week appt. Thursday (23w4d) and it went well. I’m rotating between the three midwives who will attend at the birth center which works for me since they’re my three faves
    I have my bottle of drink and lab orders for the glucose test - so I need to schedule that soon and get it over with. I passed the 1-hour last time do I am hoping for the same again!

Finished with travel for a bit thankfully. My feet/ankles are swelling every day (like all day). Anyone have any good relief remedies? I’ve been upping my water and elevating at night. I also got a box for under my desk at work to put my feet on so there isn’t as much pressure on the back of my thighs while sitting which has helped some.

Kindergarten for LO starts Monday and tomorrow is my birthday so we are doing some nice relaxation after all our travel and ahead of the start of school. Hope all is well with the group and everyone is enjoying what’s left of summer!

34. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@mediagirl: I had my anatomy scan last Wednesday but they didn't get everything they needed so I just had my rescan this morning. He's very active!

We finally started cleaning out the room that will be the nursery and I feel so overwhelmed. DH keeps reasuring me that it's not that bad but Ithink my nesting OCD is starting to set in.

We also started potty training DS last week (we've been trying off & on but started hard core now) and he's doing really well and hasn't had any pee accidents even while sleeping for 5 days now. He doesn't seem to want to poop in the toilet though so I'm not sure what to do about that. I've tried bribing but it doesn't phase him.

Had my 22 week appointment Friday and he said as long as the pregnancy keeps going well then my csection can be scheduled for 38 weeks instead of 37 like last time, which means I may actually have this baby the first week of December!

Hope everyone is doing well!!

@lindseykaye: Happy belated Birthday!!! Glad you're liking your midwives and I hope your glucose testing gos well!

35. Christy412

grape / 83 posts

@MrsMom: That’s great you have a target date!

I’m 23 weeks this week and I feel like I’m having slight Braxton Hicks again! They started last time maybe around 25 weeks. I have one spot that gets hard for a few seconds then goes away. Anyone else experience this? I’ll definitely check with my doctor when I go back on the 29th (also my sons second birthday!

36. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@Christy412: Braxton Hicks started for me recently too! It's usually if I'm exerting myself (like dancing at a wedding) and I didn't remember them so early last time but hey - it's been a while.
    I asked my midwife about it and she said it's normal, and that it also is a good clue to hydrate more, which I definitely need to do.
    Happy early bday to your son!

@MrsMom: Thanks for the birthday wishes - it was relaxing and fun. Kind of the last weekend allowing myself to do that fully since I'm also getting that nesting-OCD-omg we have so much to do bug. Doesn't help that my coworker who was due 9/25 had her baby yesterday
    They're both doing well, but man it's always a shock when fellow pregnant ladies close to me give birth so far ahead of their due dates. I'm still expecting mine to go over, but I am feeling some extra push to get this house and my work and all things in order.

Good luck with the continued potty training!

37. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

I'm doing such a bad job of hydrating these days.

38. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@LindsayInNY: Same. Ugh I need to be better about it and just remember my dang water bottle when I go down the hall past the bottle filler. Trying to make sure I take water to all my meetings since that's an easy place to have it and I'm always thirsty when there's a lot of talking.

Glucose tolerance test set for next week 8/30. Then my next appointment on 9/7, back with my original midwife so it will be nice to see her again after a couple months.
    There's a birth center info session that should be held AT the new center in mid-September so I am excited to finally attend one of these and glad I waited so I can see the new building They mentioned childbirth prep classes too which I am also hoping are at the new place. 6:30-8:30 on Wednesday nights - not ideal for having a kid at home whose bedtime is at 8pm but I think we can make it work. They're bringing in one of the same doulas who we attended childbirth prep classes with ahead of LO so that will be great, and I think since we are second-timers we only have to attend two of them.
    Anyone else doing prep classes? What about the second-time mamas, will you attend again? We are definitely skipping the newborn care, breastfeeding, and carseat safety classes that we did last time.

39. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@lindseykaye: My glucose test is Monday! This new OB gave me the drink at my last appointment with instructions to drink it before arriving. So excited to not have to sit there for an hour waiting (and so trusting of them to think all patients will follow the instructions, LOL!).

We did Bradley Method classes with DD. It was something like 8 Saturday sessions. I can do a couple select classes as refreshers but, honestly, will probably just review the materials and books from last time. And cross my fingers?! LOL. I'll probably get the infant seat inspected once it's installed. And no BFing class (didn't last time) but my local hospital has a bi-weekly BFing group that is open to everyone, regardless of where they delivered. So I'll probably attend that!

40. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@LindsayInNY: Hope your glucose test went well today! I actually got the drink ahead with instructions but when I called the lab to confirm this was ok they just said for me to come at my appointment time, drink it there, and then wait the hour. So I get to go really stupid early on Thursday in order to get it done before work and out of the way. Harumph.
    Trying to meal plan some healthy/lower carb options for the next few days leading up to the test. My midwives also recommend no sweets for 2-days ahead of the test, and I'll likely fast most of the night and have a no-carb breakfast before hand. Everything I can do to give myself a good chance for passing the 1-hour vs. having to repeat with a 3-hour version.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee