Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2018 Moms!

1. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

I'm also allergic to penicillin and amoxicillin, also sulfa drugs and have even had a reaction to Zythromax
    They did not test anything ahead - I've never actually been tested for antibiotics resistence/reactions! Everything for me has been trial and error but I very rarely even take antibiotics (like once in the last 10 years). They have both Clindamycin and Vancomycin on reserve for me at the birth center right now. Clindamycin is the first choice so I am hopeful!

2. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@lindseykaye: Yeah, my understanding is there's a way to test for GBS and the resistance types at the same time. Hopefully one of those two work!

3. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@LindsayInNY: Maybe they did and that's why it's on the list for me as an option? I guess I never really know what they're lab testing for anyway.

4. mediagirl

hostess / wonderful persimmon / 25556 posts

@LindsayInNY: I was thinking about that with getting antibiotics last time. But if I'm induced, will I be on a drip of something so I won't be able to walk around? I don't really know what to expect.

5. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@mediagirl: I think some IVs still allow movement/walking around? I'm the flip - now that I'll (presumably) be able to move around, I'm like what do I do?!

37w5d and 1cm dilated. Baby can stay put because the hospital is currently out of space

6. mediagirl

@LindsayInNY: oh yay for being slightly dilated!! This is so exciting!!

7. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@mediagirl: I feel like OBs just say that to make you/us feel good, LOL. It's all so subjective! It's interesting to see heart rate start to come down too.

8. RKitty

apricot / 341 posts

@mediagirl: I was induced with both labors and both times had pitocin via iv and was allowed to move around until I got my epidural. I'm sure they hang what ever antibiotic you need and you should be able to move around. My hospital you could walk the halls with the IV.

@LindsayInNY: I was about 1cm dialeted at around 37weeks until I was induced at 40w with my first and my second about 2cm since 37w until i was induced at 41w... soooo that's not the best judge... but my babies like to stay put apparently.

9. mediagirl

Is anyone else experiencing shooting pains in your vagina? OMG. I mean, I get groin pain, moving causes it. Nothing is causing this. I'm sitting on my duff, watching Survivor and ZING. Ow.

10. mediagirl

@RKitty: that's good to know. I hate the not knowing and my next appt with my OB isn't until next Wednesday. At that point I can at least ask all my questions about the induction.

11. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@mediagirl: good ol lightning crotch! I'm sorry, it's terrible. I don't know if you had it with your forward, but man o man 😬

12. mediagirl

@Sams Mom: oh my. I do NOT remember this from my first!!!

13. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@mediagirl: I think mine started around ~34 weeks? It wasn't constant and not even daily, but it definitely gets your attention when it happens. 😂

14. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@mediagirl: same pains over here too - they go along with Braxton Hicks sometimes and are by themselves other times. Not fun but I feel like they are maybe productive and are helping with dilation/effacement (hopefully? At least I tell myself that lol)

Hope everyone had a lovely Thanksgiving! We celebrated small with friends and spent yesterday decorating for Xmas and going to the movies with LO. Feeling more and more ready for baby’s arrival.

15. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@mediagirl: Omg it’s the worst! It’s been happening for the last month or so? I literally have to stop what I’m doing until the feeling passes.

16. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

I have been sleeping like absolutely garbage lately. Like waking 3-4 times a night. If I’m lucky I get a 3-4 hour stretch but not usually. I feel like a zombie 🧟‍♀️

17. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@LindsayInNY: same here! I’m up every 2 hrs. I’m just telling myself it’s my body preparing for no sleep with the baby 😂. I actually dread sleeping now because it’s just so uncomfortable.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! My whole family has been sick off and on. DH and DS are finally getting better so I’m on disinfecting mode and have washed all bedding. I really have so much to do and want to nest but I just don’t have the energy anymore. Plus it’s getting very hard to bend over and pick anything up.

We’re putting up Christmas Tomorrow and I’m so excited.
    Hope everyone is doing well!

18. mediagirl

@MrsMom: I know what you mean about just moving in general. Rolling over in bed and bending over to pick something up is the worst. I don't know how any of you ladies are doing it with younger kids!! I'd be dead. My daughter (6) does so much for me right now. How did putting up Christmas go??

@lindseykaye: I'm a second time mom but I don't think I got braxton hicks in my first pregnancy. I'm curious what they feel like and if what I"m feeling here and there are those or just my body being like "stop moving."

19. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@mediagirl: I didn't realize what BH were the first time until the end. It's basically your stomach tightening up. It just gets hard. It's not really painful or anything (for me, it's uncomfortable if I'm moving - we're on a 4th floor walk up so if I'm carrying a lot and it happens around the 3rd floor, I have to stop and sorta wait it out).

A part of me feels like I won't make it past this week. But I have absolutely no reason to think that. My bladder is shot. It just leaks on occasion now. Awesome. Last time my water broke slowly (not a gush) so I'm afraid I won't even know when I'm in labor. My OB last time was like oh you'll know but, TBH, I didn't know right away. Ugh!

20. mediagirl

@LindsayInNY: thanks. Maybe that is what I'm feeling, then. This baby does a lot of pushing on me rather than kicking so I had thought it was her but now I think it may be BH. I have to stop, as well when it happens and wait it out. Last night we were at Home Depot picking up paint and I told my husband he couldn't go wander because I wasn't moving from the paint section. My body is just done.

4th floor walk-up....I can only imagine how that is being this pregnant!

I wish we had crystal balls to tell us when these babies are going to be headed our way. You're 39 weeks this week, right? So close. So close.

I'm starting to get all the old wives tales from acquaintances. "You should drink castor oil!", "Walk the mall for a long time every day!"

21. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@mediagirl: Same as @LindsayInNY: said - my BH are just an overall tightening of my whole belly. Sometimes the shape gets funny too It's almost like she is stretching and pushing on me putting a lot of force on one side or the other, but then that's what they were like last time for me and I had them a lot so I knew early on that's what was happening (vs. her stretching).

And they definitely happen both on their own AND when my body is telling me to slow down/stop something. I get them just rolling over in bed sometimes, or definitely more often if I'm doing something that really has me use my abs/core.

I am hanging in there still - last few days of working on-site and then working from home till she decides to arrive. Today's blog post did NOT help me be patient waiting for her considering my first was 40+5 and I just do not want to be pregnant past 42 weeks. Most of all because that will disqualify me from the birth center! I feel like once I hit 40 weeks (if I do) then I'll be doing all the things to help labor along from home. I'm already half considering some of it (acupuncture, etc) but then I am ok waiting another week... but not much longer!!

Our annual Santa visit event is Saturday night and I am kind of hoping I make it to then but after that it is GO TIME lol

22. mediagirl

@MrsMom: remind me - are you still scheduling a c-section for this baby? Have you scheduled??

@lindseykaye: oh boy. I just went and read that blog post.

23. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@mediagirl: 38w3d today (I cycle over on Fridays). Curious if I've progressed anymore at Wednesday's appointment. I honestly don't remember being like this with my daughter. This being over it, uncomfortable, etc. And oddly I'm more nervous this time I think... I thought about sex helping move things along but man I have NO energy for that!! Poor hubby.

DD came one day early. I've been thinking sometime between 39-40 weeks? But it's a random guess. My OB will let me go up to 42 weeks, I think, but that pushes up against Christmas so that won't happen...

24. mediagirl

@LindsayInNY: hahaha. I hear you on the sex. I would love to have some but I am so over the energy it takes to do it right now. I don't remember being this heavy with my first!

25. Emmalina

pea / 22 posts

@lindsaykaye @lindsayinNY @mediagirl

Hang in there ladies! Hoping for news of early December babies. I can only echo everyone's feelings - I don't remember having as many BH last time or being so uncomfortable. Feel like I wake every hour overnight.

I had a sweep last week (38w) and will have another one tomorrow (39w).. Last week they said I was favourable and at 1cm and I had some mucus plug over Weds / Thurs so feeling hopeful for tomorrow - otherwise my induction is next week on the 4th! crazy close!

First day of mat leave for me today and I have slept all day pretty much.. feeling lazy!! No desire to nest or do anything much!!

26. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@mediagirl: putting up Christmas went well then I had to leave for my appt. Ended up in L&D for monitoring due to high Blood pressure. Luckily all tests came back normal and my blood pressure returned to normal after an hr, however while being monitored the baby had several heart decelerations which prompted an ultrasound. I have borderline low fluid so I have to return today for another ultrasound and monitored for a couple hrs. If he continues to have decelerations (no contractions to warrant them) or my fluid level is lower, then I’ll be having a c section tonight. My c section is scheduled for Monday and i’m Still hoping to make it there. I still feel so unready. I couldn’t sleep last night thinking about his heart rate constantly.😕

27. mediagirl

@MrsMom: oh my goodness! I'm sure this is all stressing you out a lot. I hope today's ultrasound and monitoring goes well. I'll be thinking of you and let us know what happens!!

28. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@MrsMom: That is scary. I'm glad you had an appointment and it was caught though! Hoping everything goes well at your ultrasound and he gets to stay in for a few more days!

If you do end up with a c-section tonight though I pray everything goes smooth and there are no problems for him or you.

29. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@mediagirl: @Sams Mom: Thank you both. I’m 37+3 today and DS was born at 37 so I at least know what to expect. I have 4 more hrs until check in and I’m trying to do all the things I’ve been procrastinating just in case. My husband went to work, but he works at the hospital so if I need him he’ll be around.

30. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@MrsMom: Oh goodness that is definitely scary and I echo @Sams Mom: that I'm so glad it was caught and you can get the extra monitoring you need to make sure baby and you are both healthy. Thinking good thoughts and that he can stay put a few more days but that if he comes tonight all goes well

31. mediagirl

@MrsMom: thinking of you!!

32. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@MrsMom: Thinking of you!! ❤

33. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

Well it turned into a long night,but levels went back up and no decelerations while being monitored. So we’re back on track for Dec 3rd csection. Just need to try and drink more to keep the fluid up. Thank you all for your well wishes! ❤

34. mediagirl

@MrsMom: excellent news! I'm so glad you get to keep your original date. Sorry it was just a long night but yay baby on Dec 3!!

35. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@MrsMom: Phew, what a relief!!

36. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

OB appt today. Still 1cm but she noted 50% effaced and -2 station. I snuck a pic of the computer screen where they log all this. Last week just said 1 cm, nothing else. Week before was 0 and 0. So getting there... I was 1cm and 50% the day before I had my daughter so I know this means little.

37. mediagirl

@LindsayInNY: excellent!

I had my appointment today, as well. 2cm dilated, 80% effaced and I don't remember the station but I know it's not just floating around in there anymore. Ha. Last week I was nothing, as well!

Edit - when I went into labor with my first and checked into the hospital, I was 4cm dilated and 75% effaced.

38. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@mediagirl: @LindsayInNY: I'm pretty sure I was at a 2 with my last appt. with LO (at 40+4) and she came the next day. I declinded a check at my appt. this week though and will probably only have one if I make it past 40 weeks and end up at my appt. as scheduled for next Wednesday at 40+3 just to see.

I also scheduled an appt. for 12/11 (41+2) with an ultrasound just to get on the books but I really REALLY hope I don't make it there!

Having a lot more braxtonfor or if it's hicks contractions yesterday evening and today. Often there's also some pressure associated with them that wasn't there before. Not sure if it's just still 'practice' or if my body is gearing up for some real action.

My midwife said eat some dates, get lots of rest, make an appointment for a massage (11:30 Friday) and gave me a card for her favorite acupuncturist so I may make an appt. there next week, again if I go past 40) to help move things along however I can.

Went to lunch with DH today since I am working from home and it was SO NICE. Still working, but reveling in being able to stay in my PJs and take breaks on the couch and do things like go out for lunch with just him and me for as long as we are 'solo' while LO is at school.

@MrsMom: Excellent news! December baby as planned - hope all stays steady and safe

39. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

Ugh I’m so nauseous tonight.

40. mediagirl

@LindsayInNY: like baby is telling you something or like food poisoning??

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee