Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2018 Moms!

1. motherunner

coffee bean / 32 posts

Hi all! I’m joining in!

EDD: 12/12 but I’ll have a c-section at 37 weeks because of previous c-section and complications

First child? 3rd, we have 3yo twins

Any symptoms? Just tired. No symptoms during the tww oddly. I typically start getting sick around 6 weeks so trying to enjoy food until then 😜

Who have you told? Only my husband for now

Current thoughts/feelings/fears? Trying to stay positive and remind myself that the outcome of this pregnancy is out of my control and all I can do is remain positive and hopeful. I have had two miscarriages (most recent in December) and a few years of infertility before that. Overall my ttc attitude has been more positive then last time, but we have also become pregnant more quickly this go around.

Looking forward to hearing everyone’s progress! I don’t have an ultrasound scheduled until 5/4

2. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@dc yoga bee: I swear I should start an at home US clinic - I could mail out the transducer the mom to be and then we could Skype or Zoom to do the results interpretation. Portable US machines are as low as $8K now, and there's even a newer model coming to market this year called ButterflyIQ which will be about $2K making it more accessible to most.

3. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

December 2018 Moms

12/2: @YellowBeach (#2)
    12/3: @LindseyKaye (#2)
    12/4: @DC Yoga Bee (#2)
    12/5: @MrsMollyAlexandra (#1)
    12/8: @LindsayinNY (#2)
    12/12: @MediaGirl (#2), @MotherRunner (-3 wks, #3)
    12/15: @MrsMom (-3 wks, #2)
    12/16: @ThePaperButterfly (#2)

Seems like everytime I update the list, we get a new mom (which is awesome)!

4. mediagirl

hostess / wonderful persimmon / 25556 posts

@yellowbeach: @dc yoga bee: 6 years ago when I had my daughter, I paid $4k out of pocket. I'm afraid what it'll be this time. PPO plan,too. Small company insurance suuuuucks.

5. thepaperbutterfly

grape / 98 posts

Just made my first appointment with my OB. It was hard explaining to their office how I knew I was 4 weeks and 1 day pregnant since I haven't had a menstrual cycle since before my first pregnancy. When I told the secretary that my last period was in March 2016 (DD1 conceived in April 2016) she asked me what day, and I said it was two years ago, I have no idea what day XD But I knew the date of ovulation was March 25, 2018, so that's how I know how far along in the pregnancy I am currently.

I'll let myself get excited once I hear a heartbeat. I had a chemical pregnancy before I conceived my daughter, so I know how quickly pregnancies can end in the first trimester.

I ended up going to the ER a few days ago due to severe nausea and dizziness. I was 12 or 13 dpo (not even 4 weeks pregnant at the time), so when they did the abdominal and transvaginal ultrasound they didn't find anything. I didn't expect them to considering this was before the date of my expected period. The nausea was really sudden. It felt like I was coming down with something because all of my joints hurt much more than normal, which happens usually before a viral infection, especially my neck. They gave me some Reglan, and ever since then the nausea hasn't been too bad, but I started taking the Dicyclomine and Pyridoxine at bedtime, so maybe that is actually helping.

Otherwise, just trying to keep myself busy because first trimester anxiety sucks. Taking a trip to visit family on the other side of the country in a few days

6. thepaperbutterfly

grape / 98 posts

Just made my first appointment with my OB. It was hard explaining to their office how I knew I was 4 weeks and 1 day pregnant since I haven't had a menstrual cycle since before my first pregnancy. When I told the secretary that my last period was in March 2016 (DD1 conceived in April 2016) she asked me what day, and I said it was two years ago, I have no idea what day XD But I knew the date of ovulation was March 25, 2018, so that's how I know how far along in the pregnancy I am currently.

I'll let myself get excited once I hear a heartbeat. I had a chemical pregnancy before I conceived my daughter, so I know how quickly pregnancies can end in the first trimester.

I ended up going to the ER a few days ago due to severe nausea and dizziness. I was 12 or 13 dpo (not even 4 weeks pregnant at the time), so when they did the abdominal and transvaginal ultrasound they didn't find anything. I didn't expect them to considering this was before the date of my expected period. The nausea was really sudden. It felt like I was coming down with something because all of my joints hurt much more than normal, which happens usually before a viral infection, especially my neck. They gave me some Reglan, and ever since then the nausea hasn't been too bad, but I started taking the Dicyclomine and Pyridoxine at bedtime, so maybe that is actually helping.

Otherwise, just trying to keep myself busy because first trimester anxiety sucks. Taking a trip to visit family on the other side of the country in a few days

7. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@thepaperbutterfly: I think you and I might have had the exact same bug (I was sick last weekend)... started with body aches and neck ache, then came the nausea and vomiting... fortunately only lasted 3 days. At first when I thought it might have been morning sickness I was freaked out that this was going to be the worst pregnancy ever

8. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@thepaperbutterfly: HAHA sometimes I feel like the nurses who work in the OB department know nothing about TTC and that we KNOW when we ovulated! At least mine don't, they look at me like I'm crazy.
    I totally feel the first trimester anxiety. I'm a control freak and hate not having control whether the baby sticks or not. And we've been trying for several months but this was our first round on Clomid so I feel like it was too easy and I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. Trying to stay positive is hard and I'm still testing everyday because i'm the crazy lady

9. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@MrsMom: I totally agree - 1st trimester drives my anxiety through the roof. There's no reassurance except maybe absence of bleeding and pain that things are ok. Testing is few and far between.

I found that late 1st trimester and 2nd trimester I really appreciated having a fetal doppler to check for a heartbeat. I didn't do it every day, just if I had a concern or that nagging feeling that something wasn't right. It gave me some peace of mind.

3rd trimester I was enjoying much more because I could feel the baby moving all the time and naturally was reminded she was ok. Unfortunately our 3rd trimester got cut short by 8 weeks though.

Can we all just wake up and be like 12 weeks already please?

10. motherunner

coffee bean / 32 posts

@yellowbeach: I’m with you on Can’t we just all just wake up and be 12 weeks! Trying to give myself thugs to look forward to each weekend to help the time tick by...

11. motherunner

coffee bean / 32 posts

@MrsMom looks like we will be 37 week c-section pals

12. mediagirl

@yellowbeach: @MrsMom: @motherrunner: first trimester is driving me bonkers. I hate that I can't feel anything and I can't drink. My mind tells me one thing and then tells me another... "oooo wine! No! You're pregnant!"

@MrsMom: first month doing Femara here so, I understand! Are you worried about twins? 😑

13. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@motherunner: Oh Yay another Thanksgiving baby LOL!

14. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@mediagirl: HAHA me too! I was going to eat some pistachios, then had to look them up because I don't remember what not to eat LOL. Turns out they're good
    I'm terrified it could be twins. I'm feeling better today but my stomach is HUGE with bloat and I can already feel the pain from stretching. Plus I felt both sides gearing to ovulate so who knows. Nothing I can do about it. I will most likely have an ultrasound the first week of May.

15. mediagirl

@MrsMom: hahaha this should be interesting! In huge with bloat, too. It has been almost 6 years since I was pregnant last so I remember nothing!

16. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@mediagirl: It's been 4 years since I've been pregnant and I can't remember anything either.

17. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@mediagirl: Same!! I'm sitting eating prosciutto and thinking "Should I be eating this?? What's even allowed?!"

18. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

Also in the "can it be 12 weeks already" boat... With my daughter, I had a fairly easy first trimester. So when I did last time, I didn't think anything of it. And was by myself at the doctor when I learned the baby stopped growing. At 11 weeks, after telling work, parents, close friends... It was the worst. I hate feeling nervous and on edge and don't know when it will get better or go away now.

19. mediagirl

@LindsayInNY: @MrsMom: I'm going with... Everything is fair game as long as it's cooked.

20. mediagirl

@LindsayInNY: oh, that is so hard. I'm hoping for a healthy and long pregnancy for you.

21. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@mediagirl: Haha, my usual approach! I have an u/s Friday and probably 2 weeks later before going to my OB. I'm optimistic and hoping that the progesterone is the key here...

22. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@LindsayInNY: I'm so sorry that happened. I hope this time around everything works out. I wish these weeks could move along faster!

23. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@motherunner: I like this idea of scheduling fun things on the weekend for distraction... stealing

24. motherunner

coffee bean / 32 posts

@LindsayInNY: what was your diagnosis and protocol for progesterone if you don’t mind me asking? I have had two early losses so started on it this cycl after a bfp. I’m taking 200mg by mouth until week 10 I think? I’ll also need progesterone injections later down the line (maybe week 16?) but that is because of pre-term birth risk from previous pregnancy

25. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

So I broke down today and made a big career decision... DH and I had applied for the same job - 1 spot, 2 of us, may the best man win. Then we got our surprise ! I had kept my name in the hat partly bc the feminist side of me wanted to prove that I could get the job, even if now I might turn it down. I decided just to concede and drop to part time hours before they let us know who they picked.

I need to give myself permission to take care of myself the next few months, and not bite off more than I can chew. I keep reminding myself I haven't closed any doors permanently, but part of me feels like I gave up. I know it's the right decision, but I think in my head I was going to do it all. There's really nothing more important than this, right? We were given the gift of a natural pregnancy after IVF. I'm embracing this something special.

26. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@motherunner: I spot before my period. So before going to the RE before my daughter, my OB prescribed it (since it couldn’t hurt). Then the RE did as well since it’s standard course with IUI or IVF. Post daughter the spotting still happens. My progesterone levels were supposedly fine in the fall but I miscarried so who knows. I went back to the RE to gear up for IUI again. They needed new blood work from me since it has been 4 years since the last ones. I mentioned the spotting to the RE and asked to try progesterone before moving to IUI. So we did and I’m pregnant. DH is convinced that’s why but who knows... I’m sorta inclined to think so too. I took it once a day vaginally before and now it’s twice a day vaginally. I’ll stop around 11 weeks or so, if I had to guess. (Sorry so long!)

27. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@yellowbeach: sorry I'm lurking, but you're not giving up! You're pregnant! You have to take care of yourself first and foremost to take care of this baby. This is just a short time in the Grand scheme of things (a very big time, but not forever). Yes, this job won't still be there when you're back to full-time, but there will be other opportunities presented.

28. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@LindsayInNY: I am so sorry you had to go through that. @mediagirl: I have low progesterone as well which the RE thinks may be a problem. My progesterone was 6.6 when I had my first beta and it needs to be over 11 to sustain a pregnancy. They immediately put me on 200mg twice a day vaginally. They told me to stop it when they first said this was a chemical pregnancy so I didn’t take it for four days. Still never bled and betas were doubling. So, now I’m back on it while we wait this out.

@yellowbeach: There will be other opportunities in the future! I passed up several when my daughter was born and worried I wasn’t “leaning in” enough. No, I was realizing I couldn’t stretch myself that thin. When she was 2.5 I finally left the federal government and went into priviate practice. Hot damn. I may be “leaning out” again if this pregnancy works out! You gotta do what’s worth it to you and best for your family.

29. motherunner

coffee bean / 32 posts

@LindsayInNY: thanks for the info! This is my first time taking it and I was surprised they prescribed it orally because I read vaginally was better absorption although most everything I read also points to results of using it as inconclusive but can’t hurt. Fingers crossed it does the trick for both of us this time around

30. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@motherunner: I was on it orally for my last pregnancy. I'll find out tomorrow if I'm getting put on it for this one. The studies are inconclusive, but it sure made me feel better to know that we were doing everything possible to help.

31. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@yellowbeach: While I acknowledge your disappointment, I also admire your courage to know what is best in the long run for you & your family. Enjoy your time growing a human and other opportunities will be waiting when you're ready.

32. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@MotherRunner @MrsMom: Following your convo with interest having taken vaginal progesterone for our last pregnancy...

Found this meta-analysis on PubMed which supports oral as equally effective but better tolerated than vaginal.

Send to
    Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2016 Aug;48(2):161-70. doi: 10.1002/uog.15814. Epub 2016 Jul 8.
    Dydrogesterone vs progesterone for luteal-phase support: systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials.
    Barbosa MW1, Silva LR1, Navarro PA1, Ferriani RA1, Nastri CO1, Martins WP1.
    Author information
    Abstract
    OBJECTIVES:
    To compare the effects of dydrogesterone and progesterone for luteal-phase support (LPS) in women undergoing assisted reproductive techniques (ART).

METHODS:
    We performed a systematic review to identify relevant randomized controlled trials (RCTs) by searching the following electronic databases: Cochrane CENTRAL, PubMed, Scopus, Web of Science, ClinicalTrials.gov, ISRCTN Registry and WHO ICTRP.

RESULTS:
    The last search was performed in October 2015. Eight RCTs were considered eligible and were included in the review and meta-analyses. There was no relevant difference between oral dydrogesterone and vaginal progesterone for LPS with respect to rate of ongoing pregnancy (risk ratio (RR), 1.04 (95% CI, 0.92-1.18); I(2) , 0%; seven RCTs, 3134 women), clinical pregnancy (RR, 1.07 (95% CI, 0.93-1.23); I(2) , 34%; eight RCTs, 3809 women) or miscarriage (RR, 0.77 (95% CI, 0.53-1.10); I(2) , 0%; seven RCTs, 906 clinical pregnancies). Two of the three studies reporting on dissatisfaction of treatment identified lower levels of dissatisfaction among women using oral dydrogesterone than among women using vaginal progesterone (oral dydrogesterone vs vaginal progesterone capsules: 2/79 (2.5%) vs 90/351 (25.6%), respectively; oral dydrogesterone vs vaginal progesterone gel: 19/411 (4.6%) vs 74/411 (18.0%), respectively). The third study showed no difference in dissatisfaction rate (oral dydrogesterone vs vaginal progesterone capsules: 8/96 (8.3%) vs 8/114 (7.0%), respectively).

CONCLUSIONS:
    Oral dydrogesterone seems to be as effective as vaginal progesterone for LPS in ART cycles, and appears to be better tolerated . Copyright © 2015 ISUOG. Published by John Wiley & Sons Ltd.

Copyright © 2015 ISUOG. Published by John Wiley & Sons Ltd.

33. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@motherunner: The nurse at my RE office said orally won’t hurt you but vaginally puts it right there. I just stick the pill up there!

34. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@yellowbeach: Very interesting, Thank You!!

35. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@dc yoga bee: Haha, same here!!

36. mediagirl

Ease my worries... did anyone else not have any nausea in the 4th and 5th weeks. I had it bad last time I was pregnant. I know every pregnancy is different but still... I can't help but worry...especially after reading an article in my pregnancy app titled, "the perks of morning sickness"😑

37. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@mediagirl: I didn't have it with DD#1 but do have it now... so you are right - every one is different!

38. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@mediagirl: I had it bad for a couple days, but yesterday and today I feel pretty good. Except eggs gave me a stomach ache this morning. and the cramps/bloat is getting better (which kind of freaks me out) but I've read that it's normal for the symptoms to come and go and are different with each pregnancy.

39. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@mediagirl: Hyperemesis hit at exactly the end of my sixth week with my first. So far, no nausea and yes it’s super concerning! But, hopeful every pregnancy is different holds true.

40. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@mediagirl: Nada. I wasn't really sick with my daughter at all or the m/c. Sorta what I would describe as like a hangover nauseous feeling but never sick and mostly normal the whole time.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee