Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2018 Moms!

1. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@gorbylon: Waiting for the ultrasound is the worst!

2. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

Holy Nausea!!! I woke up and it hit me like a ton of bricks! Currently sipping Peppermint tea and trying to hide it from my coworkers.

3. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

Refresh.....

4. mediagirl

hostess / wonderful persimmon / 25556 posts

@MrsMom: good luck hiding it!!

I had one bout of nausea the other day and today at 6w2d still nothing else. This is so weird. Friends I told say it means I'm having a boy. I'm just freaked out.

5. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@mediagirl: I had nausea when I was pregnant with my son but I only threw up twice (while brushing teeth) but was mostly when I would smell food and change my mind about eating. This time I'm nauseous without smelling or thinking of food. But i know a lot of people who say it's just a myth about how sick you are and what Gender it will be. Who Knows.

6. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

I had no sickness with DD or my lost pregnancy. Some hangover-ish feelings but never sick. I'll be 7 weeks tomorrow and same so far...

SIL was pretty sick with both kids - girl and boy. I think it's all a myth!

7. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@MrsMollyAlexandra @IrishEyes: How are you ladies doing with your first pregnancy? Anything surprising or unexpected yet? Are these the first grandbabies in your families?

8. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

Can we talk nausea? Never really had it with my daughter, at least not consistently. I’m on day two now. It’s just a queasy, almost hangover like, unsettled stomach. I can eat but otherwise it just doesn’t feel so hot.

9. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@LindsayInNY: I'm the same way - had some nausea with LO#1 weeks 8-9 but that was about it. This has been 3 solid weeks of nausea. Not a fan, except that it reminds me I am still pregnant.

10. Dizzymiss

pea / 6 posts

Location Galway Ireland

EDD December 25th

This is my third baby. I have a nearly 5 and nearly 4 year old.

Feeling nervous. This pregnancy was a massive surprise. I'd made an appt to see my doctor on Friday to discuss inserting a Mirena but instead went in to discuss my new pregnancy. My little boy was diagnosed with Vascular Ehlers Danlos Syndrome (vEDS) and had a lot of issues when he was a baby and still has additional needs. While the chances of me having another baby with vEDS are less than 1% I'm still afraid.

Having some nausea already which feels very early. Boobs have gone up a size and they're very sore.

11. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Dizzymiss: Welcome! We finally have our Christmas baby in the group. I can definitely relate to the surprise pregnancy and health concerns. LO#1 required IVF, was premature and has a VP shunt for hydrocephalus which was probably more traumatic for DH and I than it was for her.... but while rare, we definitely have those concerns. You always hope for a healthy baby, and when you get punched with the news of something wrong, it knocks you down for sure.

12. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

December Moms

12/2: @YellowBeach (#2)
    12/3: @LindseyKaye (#2)
    12/4: @DC Yoga Bee (#2)
    12/5: @MrsMollyAlexandra (#1)
    12/8: @LindsayinNY (#2)
    12/12: @MediaGirl (#2), @MotherRunner (-3 wks, #3)
    12/15: @MrsMom (-3 wks, #2)
    12/16: @ThePaperButterfly (#2)
    12/20: @IrishEyes (#1), @Gorbylon (#2)
    12/25: @DizzyMiss (#3)

Now we just need our NYE baby!

13. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@Dizzymiss: congratulations and welcome!! I had a rough first pregnancy too, and although we planned this one, I’m still very anxious. Your feelings are valid and we’re here for you!

14. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

Does anyone have any important appointments coming up this week?

We see MFM and get an US on Wed where hopefully we'll see the heartbeat and get some measurements.

15. Dizzymiss

pea / 6 posts

Thanks Ladies. No appts this week. Booked an ultrasound for 9weeks and looking forward to that so I know all is okay.

16. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

Friday I see the RE for an ultrasound. I should be 8 weeks. Not sure when they’ll be “graduating” me. Probably after?

17. mediagirl

@yellowbeach: I hope you get to see the heartbeat!

@LindsayInNY: good luck! I don't know when they send you back either. I figure I'll find out next Monday at my next appointment. Someone has to do the AMA testing....

18. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@mediagirl: I think with my daughter, they sent me to the OB after this appointment. If I ask to stay for one more appointment (like 10 weeks or so?), then I think my OB might have issues scheduling NT based on the timing? BUT I also think if they "graduate" me after Friday, there's a good chance the OB might want to do an ultrasound at my first visit anyways? This is basically the worrisome time based on last time... So I'd like one more appointment/ultrasound before the NT scan, just for reassurance.

19. mediagirl

Ugh. I have a cold. I took today off from work and am just laying here in misery. It's my 3rd cold in 3 months, too. I need a new immune system.

20. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@LindsayInNY: My RE graduates you after 8 weeks or earlier if they see a heartbeat. My OB said you can come at 8 weeks, or some RE hold you until 10 weeks which is fine for them.

I had morning sickness in the parking lot today. Man oh man.

21. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@mediagirl: I hope you feel better soon!

22. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@dc yoga bee: Oh no!! It doesn’t sound like it’s as bad as last time though?!

I had a slice of toast with PB around 6am instead of waiting to eat when I get to work at 9am. We’ll see if it helps... The nausea was better yesterday afternoon. I don’t know if I was drinking more, coincidental, etc.

23. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@LindsayInNY: this morning I was hurling into a Walmart bag while sitting in traffic. So embarrassing for cars next to me! No, not hyperemesis like last time..yet! But, I already can’t drink water again. Sends me running to the bathroom hurling. Yes, eating early and small frequent meals helps.

24. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@dc yoga bee: Yikes!! That does not sound enjoyable at all!

25. motherunner

coffee bean / 32 posts

@dc yoga bee: I’m right there with you trying not to hurl through my commute. It started out slow, but my morning sickness seems to be getting worse daily. I suppose that’s because of the hormone increase 🤢

26. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

So curious what you would do ladies...

Tomorrow I'm scheduled for a shift on the helicopter (medical transport). I'm not totally "out" yet at work. (Probably within the next 2 weeks though).

I'm worried about the nausea from MS. I'm a tad bit of a nervous flyer to start, and I'm afraid the MS will just push me over the edge. I can bail out of the shift (helicopter can fly with just a nurse and paramedic), but I probably need to explain my reason for bailing so I don't look like a slacker.

Risk it and potentially puke, or out myself to one more person (happens to be female)?

27. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@yellowbeach: I wouldn’t go!

28. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@yellowbeach: How is your MS currently? My opinion - only tell people early if you’d also be okay telling them if something bad were to happen. Will your coworker(s) spill the beans further?

29. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@yellowbeach: I wouldn't go especially if flying already makes you nervous.

30. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@dcyogabee @mrsmom @lindsayinny: I took your advice and gracefully bailed. I’m going to spend the day doing QA giving feedback on some of their advanced airway cases.

Appointment at 12:45 today - I’m nervous and very curious if MFM is going to want to follow us all along the way, be our primary entirely, or just release us to my OB unless we have issues.

31. mediagirl

@yellowbeach: I'm so glad you didn't go. I meant to write something yesterday but have just been too sick.

Fingers crossed for a successful appointment today.

@dc yoga bee: I feel awful for how sick you have been! How long does this normally last for you?

Not being able to take anything for this cold really stinks. I broke down and took some Tylenol last night and this morning, I had such an awful headache. Then I wanted to diffuse some essential oils but the internet scared me away.

32. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@yellowbeach: I'm glad you decided not to chance it! Wishing you luck at your appointment!

33. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@mediagirl: I'm sorry you're having such a hard time with this cold. I had one early on in my last pregnancy and I remember the misery of not being able to take anything that could possibly make you feel a little better. Wishing you well!

34. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

Nausea hit me hard this weekend. Sunday I was completely useless and stayed in bed ALL day. I think it was a "growing day" because my stomach just ached and I could feel the stretching and round ligaments. Mornings are pretty rough with the nausea and I've been fine from about 1pm-6pm, then I'm hit with another waive until I go to sleep and it takes all my energy not to throw up every 5 mins. I just keep telling myself it's all good signs but WOW!

35. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@MrsMom: Oh goodness I hope you get some relief from the nausea soon. Same to all the ladies in here who are feeling it lately.

I am in there with you, though only two bouts of AM vomiting so far thankfully. Just morning and evening general yuck. I can eat ok, but some foods and smells still tip me off far more than others. I had relief around 10 weeks with my daughter so I'm hoping for the same this time around.

And happy healthy thoughts to everyone who has appointments soon! @yellowbeach I would DEFINITELY be scanning myself if I could lol.

My next appt. is 5/14 and the NT scan is scheduled for 5/25. I need to go in for my bloodwork soon but I also needed to confirm with my insurance that the screening for CF, spinal muscular atrophy, and fragile x were covered before I make my appointment. Looks like they are not and it will be $650 for that testing so now I need to talk to my husband about it to see if it's something we want to go forward with it. We don't have any genetic risk and I'm under 35 so we will likely pass again like we did with my last pregnancy.

36. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

Today’s appointment went well. We saw the heartbeat on US at a nice healthy rate of 160. We met with MFM who told us we could stay with my OB as long as everything progressed normally. I just have to take a baby aspirin daily starting at 12 weeks. Turns out my risk of having HELLP and severe preeclampsia is actually lower for this pregnancy than it was for my first, so that’s all good news. All in all a great day!

DH heads off to Rwanda on Friday to leave us for a solid two weeks. This could be exhausting!

37. mediagirl

@yellowbeach: that's great news! How do you feel about transferring to your OB now? Will you ask for increased monitoring? And why do you have to take a baby aspirin starting at 12 weeks?

@MrsMom: morning sickness is such a beast! And growing a human is super exhausting, too. I'm glad you got a day to sleep!

I had the worst headache today, I thought it was just another cold synptom. It was to the point that I was crying, it was so bad. My husband suggested caffeine because I hadn't had coffee in a few days. I may not sleep tonight because I'm jacked up on caffeine but, my headache is miraculously gone. My hero. 😊

38. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@yellowbeach: Awe look at the little peanut!! Sounds like a good news appointment all around! I would die if DH left me for two weeks right now. Hopefully it wont be too bad.

@mediagirl: That sounds horrible! Glad it's gone now

39. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@mediagirl: The aspirin is the only thing that's been studied and has been shown to reduce recurrence of preeclampsia.

40. motherunner

coffee bean / 32 posts

@yellowbeach: congrats on a good appointment! When do you follow up again?

@mrsmom my morning sickness is so inconsistent! If I’m good in the morning then by late afternoon I’m feeling terrible, but then the next day the timing will reverse. I just try to take advantage of mini bursts of feeling ok and try to distract myself as much as possible! I hope you get some relief soon

@mediagirl I’ve had some lingering headaches but nothing as bad as you have had. I’m thinking mine is just dehydration because I’m having trouble drinking anything when I’m feeling so nauseous. Hopefully your caffeine will wear off quickly this evening.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee