Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2018 Moms!

1. thepaperbutterfly

grape / 98 posts

I've been kind of silent and just lurking for the past few weeks because I didn't want to get too attached to this baby. My OB appointment went well. I'm pretty sure I ovulated on March 25th (haven't had a period since my daughter was born), which would make me 7 weeks + 0 days, and my little peanut measured as 7 weeks + 6 days. I don't know, maybe I just have big babies XD So my OB adjusted my due date to Dec. 11th. Heartbeat was 167 bpm. My husband went with me to this appointment just in case it went badly. I don't have a history of miscarriages, but statistically they are rather common.

My next ultrasound is in 4 weeks. If that one goes well I'll start to tell more people. Right now my mom knows as well as my sister and a few close friends. My husband's mom knows because his sister is getting married (in Japan) in August or September, and he had explain why I couldn't go. Feeling cautiously optimistic. Nausea has started to get worse, and I've lost weight from when I got pregnant. I think I gained 10 pounds in the first trimester with my last baby XD

2. thepaperbutterfly

grape / 98 posts

@Yellowbeach

I saw your other post about how your daughter says about 10 words at 14 months, and they are worried she is behind? My 15 month old only says about 5 words >_> She had a rough couple of months this year due to multiple colds, ear infections, and teething, so she wasn't even babbling much during that time. Well, I know that when I feel like crap I don't talk much either XD. I worry about it, but will talk more to her pediatrician at her next visit. She has been walking great since 12 months, and I don't think she is behind in anything else, but the lack of words does worry me My husband speaks to her in Japanese some of the time, so I'm not sure if that is contributing to her lack of speech. . . .

3. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

Refresh page

4. mediagirl

hostess / wonderful persimmon / 25556 posts

@lindseykaye: what an exciting ultrasound!
    @rpparker, thanks.
    @yellowbeach: this is all so frustrating. What I would feel the most frustrated with is you see this pediatrician who only sees her for a short time, and they don't pay attention to what you/family/daycare are seeing/hearing? While upping OT/speech might be stressful, maybe it'll help everyone feel a little better about things. I'm sorry you're going through this. Hearing you won't be able to interact with her as much when LO2 comes is just so frustrating and sad. The good news is, you can do what works for you, not just what the neonatologist says. Work on getting some extra help for those first 6 months now so you CAN spend that extra time with her. hugs mama.

5. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

December 2018 Moms

12/2: YellowBeach (#2), LindseyKaye (#2)
    12/5: MrsMollyAlexandra (#1)
    12/8: LindsayinNY (#2)
    12/11: ThePaperButterfly (#2)
    12/12: MotherRunner (-3 wks, #3)
    12/15: MrsMom (-3 wks, #2)
    12/16: MediaGirl (#2)
    12/20: IrishEyes (#1), @Gorbylon (#2)
    12/25: DizzyMiss (#3)

6. mediagirl

@yellowbeach: next time you update, can you push me back to 12/16? I know...I could have mentioned that yesterday....

7. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@mediagirl: It let me just edit above (so now I won't forget )

Does anyone want me to list how far along we all are? I've seen that done on other due date boards but always wondered who it helped. I assume most of us use apps or have that on our calendars?

8. mediagirl

@yellowbeach: oh and Karenbme! 12/31/18

9. RKitty

apricot / 341 posts

Crashing in from the Nov board too...

@thepaperbutterfly: Once you have a heartbeat the chance of miscarriage drops considerably. Also my son at one point measured almost 3 weeks ahead... but usually measured 7-10 days ahead and was born on his due date slightly under 10lbs... so the ultrasound dating game is really just an estimate anyways.

In regards to language speaking to your daughter in Japanese isn't going to hurt her at all. And any words she knows in both Japanese and English counts separately. (For example hai and yes count for two words not one.) We live in a area with a lot of Spanish speakers so a lot of classes we've attended touch on dual language a lot. Sign language also counts towards total words. And words like "meow" or "woof" when seeing a cat or a dog counts as well.

@yellowbeach: Reading through your comments about your daughter's speaking skills it sounds like to me she's right on track... hopefully your speech therapist will say the same thing. I have a friend who's son is in speech therapy once a week right now but both the therapist and the pediatrician who gave the referral both say it's hard to tell if he has a delay or is just a late speaker. He's 22 months and I'd say his speech is inline with your daughters.

10. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

December 2018 Moms

12/2: YellowBeach (#2), LindseyKaye (#2)
    12/5: MrsMollyAlexandra (#1)
    12/8: LindsayinNY (#2)
    12/11: ThePaperButterfly (#2)
    12/12: MotherRunner (-3 wks, #3)
    12/15: MrsMom (-3 wks, #2)
    12/16: MediaGirl (#2)
    12/20: IrishEyes (#1), @Gorbylon (#2)
    12/25: DizzyMiss (#3)
    12/31: KarenBME (#1)

11. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@yellowbeach: I'm so sorry that your pediatrician is being so insensitive. It seems like (s)he should have experience working with families with more than one kid, and giving strategies for how to fit it all in instead of saying "well, since you're not going to be able to do this soon..."

And thanks for adding! If you're capitalizing, KarenBME, would be more appropriate. I grew up in Maine, and even though I haven't lived there in a decade and my last initial isn't even B anymore, this has been my screen name since myspace and AIM, and it's what I use because it's what I remember

@thepaperbutterfly: That's such a great heartbeat! I also read somewhere that after you've seen a heartbeat miscarriage risk goes down to like 3%. I don't know your history, but I'm taking the approach that the joy I feel now is valuable enough to take the hurt I will feel if it does turn out to be another loss, particularly knowing that I'm probably going to feel the hurt even if I don't embrace the happiness now.

12. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@karenbme: Done! I also really appreciate your perspective about getting excited about the pregnancy.

13. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

Going in for another level today, and decided to take a test this morning so I could brace myself if it wasn’t going up, but the line (on a wondfo) was pretty much as dark as the control and darker than my line 4 days ago by a lot! I know hpts are qualitative rather than quantitative, so I can’t be sure it’s gonna be good news, but🤞🤞🤞

14. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@karenbme: That’s awesome! ! Will they call with your results today?

15. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@LindsayInNY: The past few times it’s been ~2 hours to get results, so I’ll probably have results around 3.

16. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

Guys. I don't know how I'm going to hide this poochy belly for another month! I went from "middle of WW weight loss flat belly" to pooch and I feel like it's SO noticeable!

Also feeling really weird about telling anyone... I want to but at the same time I want to just not tell anyone ever... I don't know if it's PTSD post-m/c emotions or what.

17. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@LindsayInNY: Totally hear what you’re saying, the first time I got pregnant I had been on whole 30 right before, so I thought it was so obvious by the time I had the loss, but nobody guessed, or at least of the people I told nobody admitted to guessing. Nobody looks at your body the same way you do, and most people are polite enough not to say anything if they have a hunch. Are you worried about telling too soon at work or more with friends?

18. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@karenbme: I suppose you’re right that people aren’t looking like I think they are! I was so casual mentioning it last time and then miscarried. I even told my boss at 10 weeks (thought it was relevant at the time). All post ultrasound and heartbeat. So I guess I’m just keeping it close for now? I don’t know when I’ll feel comfortable telling though. We won’t see parents until 18 and 24 weeks so they won’t know until then. TBH, if we weren’t seeing my inlaws, my husband didn’t even want to say anything until baby was born! He said he can’t bear having to tell his mom about a loss and that it devastated him last time. I think my “plan” is post NT and Memorial Day weekend to tell work and some friends.

19. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

So my level came back good today, 90% rise, and they scheduled an ultrasound for Monday contingent on another strong rise by Friday. This’ll be my 5th blood draw in 9 days, so I asked if we could push to Monday even if it meant the ultrasound couldnt happen until Tuesday or Wednesday, but they want the level at 48 hours. I know if it’s ectopic there’s a chance of things going bad, but it would only put off the diagnosis by 1 day and I haven’t had any pain or symptoms of rupture, so idk... 💉💉💉💉💉

20. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@LindsayInNY: Oh man, we have totally different strategies around telling. I’ve been less tight lipped this time because I needed people after my loss, so like half a dozen people knew within about 2 days. We’re on the fence about when to tell my in laws since last time they basically went radio silent on us after the loss, which was weird, and in my grief I thought MIL blamed me and that’s why she was staying away. But otherwise it’s been nice to have happy conversations about this pregnancy even though it’s high risk and might not pan out instead of just jumping to miscarriage with people.

21. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@karenbme: Thats great news!!! Sorry you have to get poked so much. Hopefully Friday will be the last for a while and Mondays Ultrasound will show everything where it needs to be! I agree with you, I told most everyone who I would tell if I had a miscarriage anyways. DH is not a very private person and he's excited.

22. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@karenbme: I ended up telling close friends about the pregnancy and loss when it happened. I had spilled to some but not many. And we had just told my parents. DH had to tell his after the loss. I would probably still share if something happened but I dunno - I just feel really close to the chest with it now.

23. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@karenbme: That’s great!! Does that mean it doubled? Mine always just gave me the numbers lol.

24. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@LindsayInNY: I get that. It’s definitely a tender area, and I understand the impulse to nurture it privately. The telling after the loss is really what I don’t want to do again. It’s heartbreaking, particularly with parents.

25. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@LindsayInNY: Didn't quite double, but rose from 339 to 641, which is what they told me. Doubling would be 100% increase, but having a measure of how close to doubling it was makes me feel more comfortable than just saying "we're happy with it, but it didn't double." Also the numbers feel so small right compared to like 5,000 or 10,000 or more right now that I get a little paranoid looking at the raw numbers.

26. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@karenbme: Ahhh, I gotcha! Pregnancy brain is in full force lately.

27. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

Guys. I can’t today. Listen to this (basically the last two hours):

Realized my credit card was missing. Left it at lunch restaurant yesterday and needed coworker to pick it up for me.

Realized drivers license was missing. Found it in fleece jacket pocket where it’s probably been since Friday.

Shook my protein shake to drink. Cover was off. Got all over me and laptop. It’s drying now. If sticky I need to get a new shell.

28. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@LindsayInNY: Oh my gosh you poor thing!! sounds like a rough day! I wish I could say it'll get better.....but reality is it will get worse. Gotta love baby brain!

29. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@LindsayInNY: What a day... Fingers crossed tomorrow is better

Question for everybody, when did you start to get sick to your stomach? With my first pregnancy it didn’t start until like week 7, but I couldn’t eat dinner tonight (tacos, which are usually my fav) because the smell of the corn tortillas was making me gag every time I tried to take bite. I’m only 5+3ish, so I’m not sure if it’s normal and a sign that my levels are still rising, or something to worry about that I’m sick this early.

30. thepaperbutterfly

grape / 98 posts

@Karenbme: With my last pregnancy I had almost no nausea. With this pregnancy I went from not nauseated one day to being so nauseated I ended up in the ER at about 3 weeks and 5 or 6 days. I've lost 4 pounds since I got pregnant due to the nausea So yeah, I felt sick pretty early on and still feel sick.

31. mediagirl

@LindsayInNY: haha oh man. What a nutty 2 hours. I am not looking forward to pregnancy brain hitting hard... I'm already a bit scatter brained...

@karenbme: last pregnancy that's how I knew I was pregnant! I got nauseous eating my favorite breakfast and Starbucks coffee. This pregnancy, no nausea. I had one or two small bouts - like 2 nights ago after eating I couldn't handle looking at the leftovers.

@thepaperbutterfly: it's crazy how different each pregnancy can be! I'm curious to see if it means a different gender, like a few friends have suggested to me.

32. mediagirl

Those of you having 2nd or 3rd kids, do your hospitals have the "no visitors under age 12 during flu season" rule? I'm so sad. All of the hospitals here go on essentially lock down during flu season. It makes me want to have an unmedicated birth so I can just get out of there and let lo meet her new sibling.

33. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@karenbme: I think it varies for everyone... My SIL was SO sick with all pregnancies, regardless of gender or whether it was a successful pregnancy or not. For me, *knock on wood* the worst it gets is a nausea/hangover feeling and that's it.

34. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@mediagirl: I don't know... BUT I had an unmedicated birth with DD and was still there 2 nights. I'm actually wondering if, provided it's the same this time, can I ask to be discharged early? I think coordinating care for DD, without family in the area, is going to be hard.

35. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@thepaperbutterfly: @mediagirl: @LindsayInNY: Glad to hear it’s different for everyone and even between pregnancies. Finally something I don’t have to worry about.

@mediagirl: I didn’t even realize this was a thing, but googled my hospital’s policy and found a press release from 2011 indicating that not only are kids under 12 fully banned, but they limit you to 2 designated support people that cannot change throughout your labor/recovery. I had been thinking about having a doula, but that would mean DH and doula only, no one else.

36. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@karenbme: My first pregnancy I was somewhat nauseous occasionally but it went away pretty quick. This time around it hit me really hard right before 6 weeks and doesn't show signs of stopping. I found that as long as I get some good sleep I feel a little better.

My hospital is the same way with visitors during flu season, however I noticed they are a bit lenient on the mother/baby unit as long as everyone appears healthy.

37. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

So tomorrow one of the ultrasound girls at my husbands hospital is going to give us an ultrasound...I'm really excited but part of me is petrified! Is it normal to be this nervous for your first ultrasound? I didn't know I was getting one the first time with my son so I didn't have time to think about it but now i'm just so scared.

38. mediagirl

@MrsMom: I'm excited for you! I don't know what it is but I feel the same way you do this go. The first time seemed so....easy. Now I'm just scared to death something is going to go wrong.

39. mediagirl

@MrsMom: I'm also nervous about telling one of my friends. I feel like she's going to be so judgy of us having another...

40. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@mediagirl: It's so weird how we can feel so different this go around. I think part of it is I keep getting these cramp/aches in my stomach and it's kind of scaring me. I keep telling myself its just growing and to take it easy. I'm not bleeding, just uncomfortable.

I'm sorry you feel like she might judge you. I don't know what makes people judgy of others having more kids. DH and I were just talking about this the other night, how people get judged for having only 1, 2 seems to make everyone happy (but usually only if it's one of each sex), 3 people can be understanding but ask why? (like it's there business) 4 all of the sudden works because now your "even". and 5+ kids means you've lost your mind LOL. Not that this is the way I feel at all, but just what I've noticed form some judgy people I know.

ETA- My best friend is one of 6 kids and they are one of the happiest families I've ever met.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee