Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

Entering pre-school 2017 chat

1. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

Didn't get much of a report from DS last night. The thing he was most excited about is that they get to serve themselves at lunch time, lol! But he was excited to go back today so that's a good sign

2. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@JennyPenny: Haha, no news is good news?! I know the first week or so is hectic and takes a while to settle down and maybe start getting some regular reports. I actually get the most glimpses of what her day is like from her, since she likes to pretend to be the teacher and takes us through her day!

3. anonysquire

cantaloupe / 6923 posts

Late to the party but my oldest started preschool in August. And she absolutely hates it. This is my independent, not shy child. She hates waking up early, refuses to get dressed or eat breakfast, cries at drop off. I talked to both her teachers and they say she's doing great in class and isn't showing any anxiety and seems to love it. Everytime I go pick her up she's holding her teachers hand which I find weird. I only find it weird because it's just not like her. I've tried talking to her to see why she doesn't like preschool and she tells me she loves it. And then the next day we have the fight again. She also says things like, "are you going to Disneyland while I'm at school?". So maybe it's just FOMO?? I don't know but it hasn't gotten any easier yet. But she's learned so much in 3 weeks. She can write her name, draw people and identify several letters when we are out and about.

4. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@anonysquire: LOL @ the disneyland question, hahaha! I must say preschool def is an adjustment! For us it's def way more structured and more learning than before.

I agree with the rate of learning! It's not even been a month and we are spelling names, tracing letters/shapes. It's crazy!

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee