Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2014 Babies!

1. Mrs Music

cherry / 209 posts

@IcebergMom: my daytime today was terrible today. She did not sleep and wanted to be on my boob 24/7. I think she's using me as a pacifer. Only slept half an hour when she was in my lap after coming off my boob.

2. Honeygold89

nectarine / 2527 posts

@erinpye: your profile pic is adorable

Am so behind in the boards but I have been reading them just not replying.

But I have been giving Noah a paci since he was3 days old and gave him a bottle around two weeks and he still nurses great and the same as day one. Also he has his nights were he lets me sleep and then sometimes he has his nights were he does want to sleep and then sleep all day.

It's crazy the today (13th here) he's already a month old. It seems like it's already going by fast. DH has one more week left off with us and then after that back go work he goes I'm going to miss him but I know I'll do just fine with Noah by myself during the day.

3. Mrs Music

cherry / 209 posts

Is it just me or does anyone else's LO decide to sleep longer just when their boobs are about to explode and they really want to feed them?

4. SweetMamaM

pear / 1743 posts

@Mrs Music: haha yup, CJ has been cluster feeding due to a growth spurt and then sometimes he just flakes out and my boobs literally run over LOL

Highs and lows at the moment, ladies?
    Low: big whispered fight with my husband in the early hours of this morning because I was so tired and he said something without thinking. To his credit, he went into the office a couple of hours late so I could get an hour and a half sleep.
    High: first driving trip outside of the house, just CJ and I. We managed the chiro, a quick stop by my workplace to drop off some paperwork and a pharmacy . CJ started bawling as we went into the pharmacy and I was so grateful to the sales staff for not making me feel like a leper!

5. ElbieKay

pomegranate / 3231 posts

@SweetMamaM:

Highs: Making some progress on breastfeeding, plus my son was up 5oz over his birth weight at his 5-day checkup so we barely spent any time setting alarms to feed him every 3 hours.. And he has aced all his medical tests so far.

Lows: Postpartum recovery is draining, and I really really really hate wearing pads. Breastfeeding is hard and I have been alternating with pumping, so hopefully I will be able to get back on track. And the other low is probably the other day when I woke up from a very deep sleep and yelled for my husband and asked him if the baby had been born yet. Hmmmm.

6. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

Highs: I'm finally getting the hang of taking the baby out if the house! It's been so nice to get out and about!

Lows: I go back to work Tuesday and the little dude and I just got diagnosed with thrush. Oof.

7. artsyfartsy

cantaloupe / 6692 posts

@Mrs Music: Bah! This!

Low: DH and I have been a little on edge with each other. When one of us gets stressed out we usually get tense with each other. It's always over or because of the baby. Also I'm engorged and leaking everywhere again because of his growth spurt. It sucks.

High: I took LO out by myself this week! It was rough and made my PP bleeding extremely heavy for the next day but it was a good feeling to know I can do it. We've also gotten gas drops finally and they are seeming to help with his fussiness.

8. sarahbs

grape / 77 posts

Wow I never noticed this thread before! I'm totally a February mom (son born 2/13) but didn't really start reading the boards until after he was born. Nice to see so many Feb moms(with a lot of the same probs as me)!

9. Mrs Music

cherry / 209 posts

Low: how to pick... Feeling like I was getting postnatal depression from being in confinement or leaking and having a letdown while bra trying and no one there to help, or maybey facial expression everytime I breastfeed...

high: can't say there is one atm. Maybe after confinement is over but looking at her she's just so cute it's hard to be mad at her even when she's causing immense pain to my boobs...

10. erinpye

pomegranate / 3706 posts

@sarahbs: welcome! And congrats on your LO!

Hmmm, let's see:

Low: So, so, so exhausted since I have a current insane contract project while trying to also be a FT SAHM to the kiddos. Pretty much means I work at night and get no sleep. This and the fact my family lives far away and I don't get much family help/ support outside of DH, has led to some weepy moments.

High: have taken the toddler and newborn out on my own quite a few times, have nursed in public each time with no issue (it helps that I've bf before!), and feel much better this time postpartum than I did last time.

11. Ree723

grapefruit / 4819 posts

@sarahbs: Welcome and congrats!

@MrsKoala: Wow, back to work already?!? That went fast!

Low: Managing a 20 month old and a newborn is so, so much harder than I ever thought it would be, even with help. My patience seems to be in short supply and my guilt complex is spiralling out of control! Also, we're moving internationally next month (Australia to UK) and the logistics of that, whilst taking care of two babies, are beyond stressful! It's my fifth international move in ten years but my first with a baby, much less babIES!

Highs: postpartum recovery has been a breeze this time and C is an amazing sleeper. She is down to one MOTN wake up and has usually slept for six hours straight before that wake up. It is so appreciated as I don't know how I would cope with everything else going on if I were majorly sleep deprived on top of it!

12. lavender

grapefruit / 4554 posts

@sarahbs: welcome and congrats!

@erinpye: @Ree723: I give you guys credit, I only have the two girls one a week, as M is still going to daycare, but I am exhausted with the two of them by lunch time.

@MrsKoala: already?!?! That sucks!

@Mrs Music: how much longer for your confinement? There was no way I could stay in for a month... I battled with my mom on washing my hair the second day I was in the hospital.

High: pretty sure R is in the double digits! Also she's giving me a long 5-6 he stretch with still M only one MOTN wakeup. Also took both girls out by myself the other day.

Low: stressing about my supply, haven't started my freezer stash yet, and halfway through my maternity leave.

13. Mrs Music

cherry / 209 posts

@lavender: ends next Sunday. Whoopie! Luckily I was allowed to shower and they've really let up as they were making me cry nonstop for a few days.

If it makes you feel better I've ready used all but one bag of my freezer stash (which wasn't much) as I was trying not to encourage my oversupply. Going to ask my lactation consultant at next appointment when I can restart. Which basically means asking how can I know when I'm no longer engorged and suffering oversupply.

14. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@sarahbs: welcome and congratulations!

@Ree723: @lavender: I know! It's been 6 weeks as of Monday and I am really not ready to go back but I have to if I want to keep my job. I don't qualify for a longer leave since I have only been at this job for 6 months. I feel like crying when I think about leaving him.

15. lavender

grapefruit / 4554 posts

@MrsKoala: Good luck tomorrow!

For those that WOH, when does your maternity leave end? I have 5 weeks left to go, going back right after Easter. That means I am already past the half way point of my maternity leave and it flew by!

Great news- R slept 6 straight hours last night! Went down after her feeding at 10:30 and didn't wake up a little past 4, then after that went down for till 8. I haven't felt this refreshed from sleeping since before she was born. Fingers crossed her sleep pattern keeps up

16. matador84

papaya / 10560 posts

@lavender: I have 4-5 weeks left. I am taking 8 weeks and it sucks because every day I'm gone I'm getting docked pay. I am really enjoying mat leave though!

Nights are a million times better for us than with DS. Dd wakes up around 12, 3, and 6 which is ideal in getting her on a schedule before daycare!

17. lavender

grapefruit / 4554 posts

@matador84: Same, not getting paid at all for my maternity leave, we were able to save ahead of time so I could take 12 weeks off.

18. Honeygold89

nectarine / 2527 posts

@sarahbs: welcome and congrats. My son was born feb 13th too that was my due date from day one

19. sarahbs

grape / 77 posts

@Honeygold89: Lucky! My due date was the 5th so I was 8 days late and had to be induced.

20. Mrs Music

cherry / 209 posts

@lavender: I get 12 weeks paid and can take a year unpaid. I am taking 9 months off but I took 3 weeks before my mat leave started of rdos and annual leave. Actually my DD was born on the day my mat leave actually started so I have about 8 months left.

I'm at the doctors. Think I got thrush from antibiotics I got given for a uti. I'm kinda hoping it is thrush because otherwise it means my boobs hurt because she's still not attaching properly.

21. SweetMamaM

pear / 1743 posts

@Mrs Music: are you doing the sitting in for a month? I think that would get me down too! I'm lucky to be able to get out for an hour or so on the weekend by myself and I've been out a handful of times with CJ with hubby and by myself. Scary but definitely started helping my sanity once I did.
    @Ree723: I cannot even imagine how difficult it must be to juggle two kids, let alone the move. It's one of those things that will be so worth it once you are settled but very full on at the moment!
    @MrsKoala: @lavender: @matador84: it must be rough having to go back so soon! Some days I miss work but I can't imagine being back and functional in a classroom any time soon.
    @sarahbs: welcome!
    @erinpye: it can be hard with not a lot of support! Our three parents are all very busy with work so even though they're local-ish it means that is just DH and me (and realistically just me for most week days)

22. lavender

grapefruit / 4554 posts

Heading to the OB's office today, decimally have a plugged duct in each breast and a low grade fever since Monday night. Hoping it doesn't turn into mastitis. Fingers crossed.

23. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@lavender: Yuck! Hope it doesn't turn into mastitis, either. I had a plugged duct in my right breast a couple days ago and that was awful. I can't imagine it in both breasts!

AFM, the first day back at work was really really hard but each day has been a little better. I think it might be okay, although, I may change my mind once I have to leave N at daycare and not with family.

24. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

Hey ladies. I haven't forgotten about this group. I have had a lot going on. Being tested for cancer and just moved into my apartment.
    My DS is ebf for almost 2 months. I'm pretty proud of the bf progress we have made already. He started smiling at my face the other day and giggled for the first time today.
    DD loves her little brother. A little too much sometimes. Lol.
    DH now has a good job. Works 12 hour days, 7 days a week.
    For the most part things are looking up for us.
    After I get test results back from the cancer screening I will have my IUD placed.

Congrats to the whole group on their babies an I hope you are all doing fantastic!

25. ElbieKay

pomegranate / 3231 posts

Checking in at postpartum day 15. I was having a lot of nursing issues and it was primarily due to a lip tie. So, I spent a lot of my first two weeks tethered to a pump and feeling depressed about it. T's tie was lasered two days ago, and while his wailing during his aftercare is awful, I can finally nurse him which means I am not stuck pumping round the clock. I had no idea how I was going to manage pumping and taking care of him when my husband goes back to work, so this is a huge relief.

Last night was a huge victory. T ate at 8:45, slept with me from around 10:30 til 6:15 with only one wake up at 1:15. We nursed in bed, and the only annoying disruption was getting up to change his diaper. My husband got to sleep through the night in the other room, and everyone woke up feeling refreshed.

Our ped said to feed T 2oz at a time, but he clearly is still hungry when we do that. When I pump I get between 3-7oz, and when he nurses he typically drains my supply and then sleeps longer. He weighed 8lb 13oz at birth and was 9lb 4oz at the pediatrician three days ago. He was also 11 days overdue. So I think he just needs more food than what's typical for his age, but I am worried about over feeding him.

26. IcebergMom

persimmon / 1295 posts

Anyone getting any smiles out of their LOs? I think I got one yesterday! And, any new pics?!?!

27. Honeygold89

nectarine / 2527 posts

@IcebergMom: me and DH both catch little glimps of smile here and there and when he's sleep I catch him laughing and smiling from time to time it's too cute. Your lo looks so peaceful in that pic

28. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@ElbieKay: glad that his lip tie was sorted out and that you can nurse successfully now. Pumping is definitely a pain. In terms of feeding, I've been told a couple times that you can't over feed a breastfed baby so if you give him a bottle and it seems Ike he wants more, try doing 2.5 oz and see if he takes it. He probably will!

29. Honeygold89

nectarine / 2527 posts

30. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

Ds and dh sleepin. Then ds smiling. Then dd givin kisses to ds

31. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

Ds and dh sleepin. Then ds smiling. Then dd givin kisses to ds

32. artsyfartsy

cantaloupe / 6692 posts

@Honeygold89: that's adorable!!

Lots to update but I'm just too tired right now. I'll get to it later. Lol
    Here's our little sleepy smile we caught! No real smiles yet.

33. Honeygold89

nectarine / 2527 posts

So DH went back to work today and I miss him but everything is going fine so far Noah was a good baby while I got up and got myself together and even let me cook and eat breakfast I just hope he stay this way every morning. Now he's just chilling in his swing before I give him a bath.

34. artsyfartsy

cantaloupe / 6692 posts

Finally gonna post an update! I feel like I've been out of touch with HB lately.

Breastfeeding is still going good, in the sense that he's getting enough. His latch sucks so bad, luckily the nipple shields protect me from any pain but i know we have to fix it. Luckily milk just flows out of me like a bottle. Unfortunately I think the shields are the problem. He weighs 10 pounds 1 ounce now! Growing really well. All 3 of us have a little bit of a cold though.

He has started real smiling as of yesterday! It's adorable!!!

He's sleeping well at night most nights but still waking up every 2-3 hours to nurse. I'm starting to wait longer when he wakes up to see if he will put himself back to sleep. So far it hasn't worked but I'm not trying that hard.

As for me, I'm run down and tired! Trying to adjust to this new life of a dirty house and laundry that never truly gets finished and showering and eating when it's convenient. I think I've popped my incision open. I had a tiny bit of bleeding and DH said theres a small section that's open now. Pretty sure I popped it from trying to get the car seat out of the car/base on my own. It wasn't coming out and I got frustrated so I pulled and wrestled with it really hard. Ugh. I still never got it out. Going to call the doctor this morning when they open.

35. citymouse

persimmon / 1116 posts

Hey ladies!

Ive been keeping up with everyone's posts!

DS is 7 weeks old today. He is doing really well! Eats every 3 hours during the day and is sleeping two long stretches at night with a dreamfeed. Drinking about 4 oz at each feed now. We are completely FF now. We struggled so much with breastfeeding/pumping. Basically, I have no supply. Despite pumping every 2 hours round the clock, Fenugreek, More Milk Plus, guzzling water... I could never get more than about 1/4 oz from each breast totaling about 4-5 oz a day. We decided to let it go because the time it was taking me to pump vs how much I was producing just wasn't worth it when he is drinking 26-28 ounces a day.

He does pretty well during the day with naps, he fights some of them. He is definitely growing as his clothes don't fit! Im so sad because he didn't get to wear everything that people bought for him. He started smiling about a week ago, and now he smiles a lot!

I am...okay. At 4 weeks I checked into the Psych Unit after going to the ER for severe anxiety. PPD/A. Its been really tough. I do think I am slowly getting better each day though. Meds and therapy. Our friends and family have really carried us through it all.

We are enjoying cloth diapering. Only problem now is that he is pooping at night and we only have 3 of his overnight diaper setup (Fitted with a Night Stay Dry Insert.) So we have been doing laundry every day instead of every other for the past couple days!

I think that's it for now!

36. citymouse

persimmon / 1116 posts

@Danizaur: Good job Mama with the BF!! And, I hope your incision is okay!

@Honeygold89: Noah is such a cutie!!

@ElbieKay: I don't think you can overfeed him! He obviously wants it! Glad you figured out the lip tie and that you guys got some good sleep!

@littleblessings: Goodness, I hope your testing is negative!! So fun that you got a giggle!

@lavender: Oh gosh, I feel you! I got a plugged duct and Mastitis at 2 weeks postpartum and it was terrible. What helped me clear the clog: Soaking my breast in a bowl of piping hot epsom salt water for 5 mins, massaging the crap out of my breast, and then pumping for 15 mins on the highest setting. I hope yours clears super fast!

@Ree723: Wow, that is so much to handle! You are doing great!! And so wonderful about the good sleep!

@sarahbs: Welcome and congrats!

37. Honeygold89

nectarine / 2527 posts

@citymouse: thanks. I glad your doing better and things are going good for you and LO.

@littleblessings: hope your testing turns out fine. And your Los are too cute.

@Danizaur: hope your incision Ipswich fine you need to take it easy mama.

38. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

Got my results yesterday. Not cancer thank god! Also, got my iud placed. Cramping so bad. I'd almost rather be pregnant again. Lol. Dh and I decided in 5 years we want another. So weird to be planning this already. We want to make sure both LOs are in school before we have another. School..... Eeeeeek. Not sure how I feel about that word yet. 2 more years and my DD will be in school and I have a private teacher working with her right now. It's scary how fast they grow.
    Took the family to a dinner at my dads. DD tried riding the dogs like a pony and DS tried to nurse off of every person that held him. It was pretty entertaining.

Hope you all are doing well!

39. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@citymouse: I'm so sorry that things have been so rough for you. Especially in terms of the BFing/pumping and the PPA/D. I'm glad that you are feeling okay now. I totally just realized that you wrote me a wall post and that I never wrote back. I did read it and meant to write back but I was in the throes of the baby blues and it was really tough to remember to do anything. I kept meaning to go back and write to you and I just kept forgetting. I'm really sorry about that.

40. Honeygold89

nectarine / 2527 posts

@littleblessings: yay that's great news glad all was ok.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do about birth control especially after talking with DH, SIL, one of my closest cousins, and my mom after discussing all the possible side effects they all say don't take any but I know my doc is going to bring it up at my 6 week appt on Thursday. But at least me and DH has decided to go back to using protecting and pull out method when we're dtd again since that's what we were doing before we started TTC and if we get pregnant again so be it (which I'm hoping not for at least a year or two) but I'll get my tubes tied. Two is our limit

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee