Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2014 Babies!

1. erinpye

pomegranate / 3706 posts

Little bruiser is 8.5 months old, has been crawling since 6, and has been cruising for a solid 1.5 months, and lately she's letting go and balancing a lot more. Her big sister walked at 10 months, so I know it's coming. She's in size 12 mos, a few 18 mos things that run small, and still refuses a bottle. She has 6 teeth (the top 4 recently cut all at once...ugh) and loves table food. She says "mama," "hi," and says "ba" for ball and "mo" for more. She's started following simple directions, looks at things we point to, and understands "no no!"

Here's a sleepy-face pic of her yesterday after her nap, and one of her with big sis. (sorry for IG repeats.)

2. erinpye

pomegranate / 3706 posts

@littleblessings: what cuties! So sorry about your IUD, that's really scary. Are you OK now? I answered your question about clothes size for DD2 above, DD1 is 2.5 and in 4T.

@Honeygold89: Exciting! Keep us posted when baby 2 is on his/ her way!

3. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@erinpye: thank you. Your girls are just precious. I'm alright now. Thankfully.

4. lavender

grapefruit / 4554 posts

@littleblessings: glad to hear that you are ok! I'm taking the mini pill now. I don't love it but don't want an IUD. DD1 is 2 1/2 and in 2t and DD2 is in 9 mths but I probably should be in 12 mths, I just gotta find some time to go through her clothes. You guys were in the process of moving countries right? (Sorry if I'm getting people confused)
    @erinpye: That teething picture you posted of DD2 was crazy! Couldn't imagine that.

DD2 is 9 months today! Still blown away at how far 9 months go by. She goes for her 9 mth checkup on Friday, she wasn't supposed to be gettin any shots but I'm going to get her flu shot done then.

I know it's early but has anyone been thinking of birthday party ideas yet?

5. Honeygold89

nectarine / 2527 posts

@erinpye: thanks I will. Your girls are so cute and precious.

@lavender: great update I love hearing about what all the love babies are up to these days.

I just realized I didn't post a up to date pic of LO I always do on IG but I don't have some of you ladies on there. So here he is just last week in his pjs and after a bath

6. Honeygold89

nectarine / 2527 posts

Oh and chewing on his alphabet mat lol

7. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@littleblessings: So sorry you had so much trouble with the IUD. Your kiddos are adorable! Good job mama!

@erinpye: Your girls are beautiful! I can't believe A is saying words and almost walking! Too fast!

@lavender: I've had N's birthday planned since he was born so I think it's never too early. Since he was born the day after the Super Bowl, we are doing a football themed party on Super Bowl Sunday. Any ideas yet on your side? We have our 9 month check up next week and I think we're doing his flu shot then as well.

As for us, N is 9 months next week. He's somewhere around 20 lbs and 28" with really chunky thighs and gorgeous blue eyes. He had his first haircut, first plane ride, and was in his first wedding in the last month. He has 6 teeth and hates all real food (table, finger, purees). I think he plans to breastfeed FOREVER, hahahaha. He is wearing 12 month clothes and some 12-18 months but has teeny tiny feet and still wears 0-6 month socks! We are not using BC right now except condoms. No plans to TTC anytime soon.

8. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@MrsKoala: I know what you mean by the breastfeeding forever. H absolutely refuses a bottle /:

How many teeth do your LOs have now? We are possibly looking at our first tooth to break through around Thanksgiving.

9. artsyfartsy

cantaloupe / 6692 posts

It's good to see the updates! I keep up with you all on Instagram too. I can't velieve we're closing in on one year!!!

T is almost 9 months old. He's the sweetest and most loving child ever and he's definitely all boy! He's rambunctious and loud when he plays! He can sit up now on his own. That started at around 8 months finally. He'll sit for like 20 minutes straight but he hasn't learned that he can't just flip over when he's done. So we either sit with him or surround him with pillows to prevent him from hurting his head. No crawling yet. He tried to wiggle and squirm but he HATES being on his tummy or left alone in the floor to play in general. He stands with our help great though. He's not willing to hold on to anything yet or move his feet. So we're a little on the slow (but normal) scale of things. It's frustrating sometimes because babies his age that we know are already cruising and even walking so even though we know he's perfctly normal, it makes you feel like you're doing something wrong sometimes
    I don't know what he weighs but he went through a major growth spurt lately. He is a little on the petite side though! He finally popped a tooth and I'm pretty sure he's working on more.
    He loves table food. He can feed himself really well! We've almost moved into exclusive table food for meals. He breastfeeds quite a bit still which is good but I have to day wean him at one year when I go back to work.

We're not using BC either. Condoms whenever we DTD, but that's not often unfortunately. Our original plan was to TTC #2 around T's first birthday but at the moment we're rethinking that. Our timeline is strict though so I told DH we would put it on the back burner til February and then revisit it. My period still hasn't come back yet which is nice!

10. SweetMamaM

pear / 1743 posts

Eeeek sorry for being so AWOL guys - I know that some of you keep up with me on instagram (sweetmamam) and some on the blog, but life has just been so insanely busy that I've had very little time to breathe!
    CJ is coming up 10 months, and he's still long and lean like his papa! 75cm and 8kg at his last health check. He's finally started crawling (commando style) which is easing the temper tantrums we were having due to his frustration. He's so cheeky and strong-willed already, I know we're going to be in for a fun time when he's older!
    He LOVES food and eats almost anything, preferring stronger flavored food to bland food. He is starting to go a bit off the purees though, wanting food that he can sink those little chompers into. We joke that we're sending him to boarding school as a teen because it will be cheaper than feeding him at home.
    We've just found an in-home daycare for him next year and I'll be returning to substitute teaching so we've got fingers crossed that it works out financially for us. We're definitely at the skinny end of the wedge financially at the moment so I'm looking forward to having a bit of extra money! No sproglets on the cards for us again until the end of 2015, we've got travel plans and weddings to attend… and no huge desire to rush into those newborn days again
    Hope all of you and your families are well!

11. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

Still no teeth for my almost 11 month old. Kind of annoying me because he is in so much pain all the time. At our drs appointment last week the dr said it feels like most of his teeth are trying to come in all at once.

12. Honeygold89

nectarine / 2527 posts

So I know we don't visit this board much but wanted to let you guys know I got a bfp today which shocked the heck out of me. According to fertility friend I'm 18dpo and will be due sept 8. Along with being excited and shocked I'm in a state of omg what did we do if all goes well I'll be in the 2 under 2 club. Noah would be 18 months by then!

13. lavender

grapefruit / 4554 posts

@Honeygold89: OMG congratulations on your BFP! Welcome to the 2 under 2 club My girls are 22 months apart and while it's a lot of work, I love how they are close in age and are able to play together. Noah will make a great big brother

14. Honeygold89

nectarine / 2527 posts

@lavender: thank you!

15. Ree723

grapefruit / 4819 posts

@Honeygold89: Wow! Congratulations! My girls are 19 months apart and whilst it is a lot of work and incredibly busy, it is wonderful and I wouldn't change it for the world! Welcome to the world of 2 under 2 - it's going to be a fun ride! Happy and healthy nine months to you!

16. Honeygold89

nectarine / 2527 posts

@Ree723: thank you. I'm still in shock

17. ElbieKay

pomegranate / 3231 posts

@Honeygold89: Omg! Congratulations! You are a braver woman than me!

We are on the fence about a second but I am feeling pressure to decide soonish due to our ages. (I am 37 and my husband is 39.)

I hope everyone enjoyed the holidays. I finally feel like I hit the reset button after taking two weeks off. I am ready to tackle 2015 and especially ready to finally be fully engaged at work again!

18. matador84

papaya / 10560 posts

@Honeygold89: my two are 17 months apart and I love the age gap. It is perfect for us.

Can't believe dd will be one soon! I can't decide on a birthday party because weather here could be crazy. She's been cutting teeth, bottom two are in and top incisors but top front are barely breaking through. She's close to walking any day now so I'm enjoying her crawling days while they last!!

19. Honeygold89

nectarine / 2527 posts

@ElbieKay: lol thanks! I know I'm thinking about that now. But it was a similar situation in DH case because he's 37 and is very adamant anout not having kids when he turns 40 and It was like a now or never thing because I definitely didn't want to get pregnant when I start my nursing program next fall 2016 and time just wasn't on our side. but I wanted my kids close in age too so I think I'll like it when it's all over.

@matador84: thank you I think it'll be fun for them to grow up close in age. Ds started walking the day before he hit 10 months and he's been all over the place and into everything they grow so quick

20. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@Honeygold89: congratulations lady! My LOs are 17 months apart. It's fun but challenging!

21. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

Oh we still have 0 teeth over here! Lol. But we are walking too much for this mama. Lol. H no longer crawls, just walks everywhere. /:

22. artsyfartsy

cantaloupe / 6692 posts

@Honeygold89: Yay!! Congrats!!

We've had some big changes lately since I posted on here. If you all follow me on IG you know. Long story short, T was very underweight. We're now on formula (he rejected BFing pretty quickly after supplementing) and he also has a geoss motor delay. He's back on track with weight now but we're still wrapped up with getting started on EI. I'm expecting a call from EI to set up another evaluation. His doctor is insisting that he wants T to have EI sessions even though he passed the initial eval. I'm not upset...actually I'm excited! T not crawling and his motor delay has stresses us out ever since we noticed it when he was 4/5 months. I finally feel like we're doing something to help and it'll take a load off of our shoulders.

I'll do a bigger update after I hear back from EI this week.

23. Honeygold89

nectarine / 2527 posts

@littleblessings: thanks! My MIL says that the longer it takes for teeth to come in the better they are, I think it's just a wives tale but I knew a little girl that who didn't get her first tooth until she was 13 months and then they came all back to back. My LO has 4 teeth so far that started coming in at 7 months and he has two that are trying to break through the gum and every chance he gets he's biting me, DH, my dad, or nieces so yeah that's a plus to no teeth yet lol.

@Danizaur: thank you. I'm sure T will do great with EI. Glad he'll be getting the help he needs.

24. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@Honeygold89: H's teeth are all right at the surface. We can see them. They just haven't broke through yet. /:

25. lavender

grapefruit / 4554 posts

@Danizaur: GL w/EI. T will do great and he will be up and crawling in no time.

@littleblessings: R has 3 teeth in and working on #4. #3 took literally weeks before it finally came in.

R will be 1 in 3 weeks! She is almost walking- cruises around on the furniture and very vocal when something doesn't go her way. She literally scowls and screams at me when I get her mad lol, she has the temperament of her sister.

It's crazy how a year ago we were so very very pregnant. Has anyone gotten baby fever yet??? I get waves of baby fever and want to TTC #3 but I know financially we can't afford another child right now. I'm happy and content with our two girls but whenever I see a pregnancy announcement (like @Honeygold89 !) I get a surge of baby fever

26. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@lavender: I have baby fever really bad but I promised myself I'd give my body a break. /: lol.

Hers an updated pic of H. Then a pic of S cuz I can't leave her out! they love each other lots

27. Honeygold89

nectarine / 2527 posts

@lavender: hahaha N is the same way when you take something from him, I think he has my attitude.

@littleblessings: aw aren't they cutie pies I just love the last picture of them together

28. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@lavender: I have a bit of baby fever, too! Some of my closest friends are pregnant right now and I was shocked when I realized that I was a bit jealous. I am sooooo not ready for another. I'd like to sleep a full night for like a month before I'd consider having another kiddo. But the thought of the excitement of having another baby is tempting. That being said, we probably won't try again until later this year.

29. erinpye

pomegranate / 3706 posts

I just did a bunch of bday party planning for my little almost 1 year old tonight. I can't believe it! Where did that year even go‽

Adrienne is doing great: Still breastfeeding, though I'd really like to move her to WCM, she won't take much of it and will only take it from a straw sippy (never has taken a bottle), with plain yogurt mixed in. She's walking as much as, if not more than crawling now, just kind of flings herself across the floor and then plops to her butt, or flops down face-first, haha. She's got 8 teeth, and I think more are coming in because she's screamed for 5-6 hours before sleeping the last few nights. Midnight/ 1 AM bedtimes, and her waking up my 2.5 year old in the process, is making me crazy.

Nooooooo baby fever here. The baby shop is closed--I'm good with my 2.

Congrats on the BFP @Honeygold89! Mine are also under 2 years apart, and while it's hectic at times, it's also pretty great

30. artsyfartsy

cantaloupe / 6692 posts

@MrsKoala: I've got major baby fever! But I think I've talked it down again. I'm excited to be pregnant again but I think it's better for us to just focus on Truett right now. Maybe later this year.

@erinpye: I'm party planning too. I can't believe it!

Here's a short update. T is a few days shy of 11 months. He's still on formula and is completely self fed now and we gave him a spoon the other night and he took to it pretty well! He's a smart cookie. He eats basically whatever we make for ourselves, which is convinient. He's not picky either.
    Still not crawling or pulling up or anything. He will take steps with our support but we have to bear most of his weight. We have an EI appointment in the morning to do all of the paperwork all over again. I'm just ready to get started to help him catch up.
    He has two bottom teeth and has one top tooth with another on its way. He's a good teether. We didn't even know he had popped a top tooth until I happened to see it while we were playing.
    We're busy planning his first birthday party! I can't believe it but I'm so excited. Lately he's turned into such a little CHILD. More and more baby aspects of him are disappearing and he's becoming his own little person. He's at such a fun age right now. And he's such a good boy. So easygoing and happy all of the time.

31. erinpye

pomegranate / 3706 posts

@Danizaur: Hang in there, mama. I know it's hard not to blame yourself, but don't! We're all learning, here, every day. Moms spend too much time trying to be perfect, and that's not even a real thing--but you, as a caring, loving, involved mother, are as close as can be, if a perfect mom exists.

My oldest DD was tongue tied and struggling to breastfeed, not getting enough nutrition for months and months, and I didn't know it. She screamed and screamed every day, and I couldn't get the echo of it out of my head, once I knew it was because she had been hungry and in pain. I beat myself up hard over it for about a year. Not even just beat myself up, I crucified myself. I despaired in the depths of my soul. I thought I ruined her forever. And you know what? We got her on formula, she thrived, and she is absolutely, 100%, fantastically great. You would never ever know now at 2.5, what she went through then.

T will crawl and walk, and do all the things babies do, on his own timeline. And for what it's worth, I didn't walk until I was 15 months old, and my sister was 16 months. Every kid is just different, and while it's wonderful you are getting him some help, keep that fact in mind--every kid is different. He is so adorable and sounds like the most wonderful, sweetest boy! I wish I could meet him and snuggle him in person

32. artsyfartsy

cantaloupe / 6692 posts

@erinpye: thank you!! That was so heart warming and encouraging to read. I needed that right now!!

33. erinpye

pomegranate / 3706 posts

@Danizaur: Anytime, mama. I mean it. Big hugs to you

34. Honeygold89

nectarine / 2527 posts

Well ladies my pregnancy is ectopic so I'm about to be given meds to try and pass the baby.

35. ElbieKay

pomegranate / 3231 posts

@Honeygold89: I'm sorry. I had a mc before my pregnancy with T. I also chose meds instead of a DNC. I was scared to take them but it wasn't that bad.

36. Honeygold89

nectarine / 2527 posts

@ElbieKay: Thank you I hope the meds aren't too bad. I also had a mc right before getting pregnant with Noah but I passed it naturally so I have no clue what to expect.

37. artsyfartsy

cantaloupe / 6692 posts

@Honeygold89: oh no I'm so so sorry.

38. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@Honeygold89: I'm sorry sweetie. I hope it's a fast one and that you get your lasting BFP next cycle! ❤

39. Honeygold89

nectarine / 2527 posts

@Danizaur: ❤

@littleblessings: thanks for the well wishes unfortunly the doctor said we will need to wait atleast 3 months before trying again.

40. ElbieKay

pomegranate / 3231 posts

@Honeygold89: I did a lot of googling and got really nervous/scared and worked myself up unnecessarily.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee