Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2015 Postpartum Chat

1. loopedd

kiwi / 536 posts

@Kbee: Haha, my guy is in the 18th percentile for height - my DH is 6'3" and also hoping LO catches up to him!!

2. Aria

persimmon / 1121 posts

@MrsB2012: Wow! Look at her sitting! Baby giggles are the best aren't they? I have such a hard time getting C to laugh for me, but she will giggle like crazy with DH.

@Kbee: I'm sorry about the rough sleep. I hope this suggestion isn't annoying, since it sounds like you've tried a zillion things, but have you used a Magic merlin suit? C slept really well until a few weeks ago, and she started waking up multiple times a night and it was difficult to get her back to sleep. We put her in the merlin suit and since then she's been sleeping through the night. She just got really annoyed with the swaddle and it was waking her up more than helping. I hope you get some sleep soon!

We are doing good over here. Her four month check up was today, she's 14.5 lbs and 25 inches. Unfortunately the shots are not agreeing with her and she's been majorly cranky this evening. Poor baby. Aside from that, she's so much fun right now. Rolling all over the place, giggling and chatting. I didn't think it was possible, but I definitely feel a tiny bit of the fever too!

3. loopedd

kiwi / 536 posts

@Aria: Ohh I kinda want to try the Merlin! Right now he's in a sleep sack because he kept busting his arms out of the swaddle anyway, but I hear such great things about the Merlin. He STTN but only if I keep replacing his pacifier... I can't wait for him to suck his thumb! L had shots on Wed and yesterday was rough, fevers all day. I feel so bad for them!

4. Mrs. Coral

clementine / 812 posts

@Kbee: @loopedd: I love to hear how your LOs jumped up in weight percentiles. DD was 55th at birth and was down to 10th at a Dr visit at 3.5 months. We put her on fortified breastmilk at that time, so I am praying we start jumping up in the percentiles, or at the very least begin to maintain a curve!

She was 25.75"...so a skinny mini! Love to hear all these updates. Need to login to my computer to really reply and leave a decent update!

5. Mrs. Lion

blogger / grapefruit / 4836 posts

Hi ladies! I have been pretty absent from the boards lately...these kiddos are keeping me on my toes! So glad to see all the milestones and growth. I keep thinking I still have a tiny baby, and then realizing that she really isn't so little anymore! We have her 4 month checkup next week. I can't wait to see some new stats! DH is convinced that she is huge compared to her brother, but at 2 months she was only a half pound bigger (even though she was 3 pounds bigger at birth!). So who knows. She is sleeping pretty good. We had 2 nights of sleeping all night (7-5) but then she went back to 3 wake ups. Last night was only two, so maybe we are making progress again. I know that's not much in the grand scheme of things but the toddler is so exhausting

6. Kbee

kiwi / 560 posts

@Aria: No, definitely not annoying! We haven't used the Merlin, and we're a little hesitant to, despite the glowing reviews. We've heard that for some babies they have a very rough time transitioning out of the Merlin. D is not very adaptable at all and we know he would be one of those babies. So if we introduce another "thing" to help him sleep better now, then that's just 1 more thing we will have to wean him off of. Whereas, if we just go all out cold turkey now we'll only have to do it once. At least that's our thought process for now, but we may revisit the Merlin later

@Mrs. Coral: From what I hear babies jump around percentiles all the time in their first 6 months, and it doesn't mean much as long as they're gaining weight. For D, he just started out so low so there wasn't anywhere to go but up, haha. But hopefully supplementing will help!

@Mrs. Lion: Glad to hear things are going okay - despite the sleep! I read your blogpost and it sounds like you are managing really well with 2 AND working on top of that. You're supermom!

7. Mrs. Lion

@Kbee: in regards to the suit, we didn't want to buy one but I heard the extra weight helps babies sleep a little better, so when we transitioned out of the swaddle I started using a AA dream blanket in the crib. I know those are a no-no, but we followed the rules of tucking it in it in on 3 sides of the crib and making sure it didn't go above his belly. It worked really well...and then once he started rolling and became a tummy sleeper he didn't need it anymore for weight.

And as far as super mom goes, thank you, but I am far from it haha Just trying to survive...I am happier when I am busy!

@Mrs. Coral: my first went from like 10th to 60th and then back down to 3rd in his two years of life. He has been maintaining around 3rd since he was about 12 months. My ped was never very concerned about it, even though I brought it up multiple times.

8. Kbee

kiwi / 560 posts

@Mrs. Lion: That's a good idea! What we've actually done is put him back in his swaddle with one arm out, and that has helped immensely. We'll just have to wean him off the swaddle later on. Oh well!

9. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

How's everyone doing? Can you believe it's been 6 months ( or coming up 6 months ) since we had our babies! G is getting so big! She had her 6 month immunizations this week. She's 16lb 6oz. Over a full pound bigger than her sister was at her 6 month appt. She's getting ready to crawl, she can move backwards but not forwards yet. She amazes me every day how big she is! Hope everyone is doing well!

10. maddyz

persimmon / 1270 posts

@MSB2012 I was just thinking how I missed everyone!

LO will be 5 months tomorrow. I've got a big boy over here. He's about 22 pounds and 29". We are pretty solidly in 9-12 month clothing, and I have given up onsies. Only t shirts and diapers for now.

It's been hard for me to keep up with him, my back is killing me. We move Monday to a building with an elevator and I can't wait! Getting baby, stroller and groceries up 3 flights is a drag.

He's sleeping well, we nurse once or twice a night, generally they are little snacks and then back to sleep. I don't mind.

He's showing all the signs for food readiness. I was going to wait until 6 months, but I might start with a few things sooner. It's almost impossible for me to eat near him with out him fussing and reaching for my food.

What are you all doing for food?

I also just got my period back and whoa, I am zonked, starving, crying and mad.

11. Mrs. Coral

clementine / 812 posts

@MrsB2012: How fun!! DD is trying to crawl too--she pulls her knees/legs up under her tummy and pushes off. She's so dang stubborn and could go at it for hours. She's working on her pincer grasp too--like when a blanket is out I her reach, she'll squirm closer and the reach out and barely grab the tag.

I feel like all of a sudden a lot of things have just *clicked* for her. Like, she sees a bottle or boobs when she's hungry and she fixes her eyes on it and goes NUTS! For a kid who has never been motivated by hunger, this is so awesome to us.

She is taking 4-6 oz breastmilk every 2-3 hours at daycare. Munchkin was 12lb 14oz at her 5 month weight check. Holding steady at 10th percentile. @maddyz: what a sweet little chunk! I bet our LOs would look so funny next to one another. How sweet--I love the differences.

We tried rice and oatmeal cereal during the big 4 month weight scare. That, along with the fortified breastmilk was a big fail. Her tummy was pretty sensitive to it. So, we're waiting until 6 mo and them I will prob start with sweet potatoes and carrots.

Sorry so long...great to see some updates

ETA: we had our first ear infection too 2 antibiotics later and she's doing much better. Not fun!

12. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@maddyz: 22 pounds?!? B will be 2 on Monday and she is 24 pounds lol. That's good to hear that he's sleeping well! I don't mind either when G wakes up at night, usually she gets up at 6 and then goes back to bed, but I enjoy the early morning cuddle.

I just started some food last week. Just a little pablum in the morning mixed with a puree. I gave her some pears as I was going to do some BLW but when she started to gag it freaked me out haha. I really want to do BLW as it takes soo much time and effort to make my own purees, but I don't know if I can handle the gagging and stuff haha.

I haven't gotten my cycles back yet. Last time I had to start weaning at 8 months to get it back. I'll probably do the same this time as we are pretty solidly decided to go for #3. ( yikes! )

13. maddyz

persimmon / 1270 posts

@MRSB2012 yeah he's kinda huge. We keep talking about the next one but I have to wait until this big guy is solidly on his own feet, I bet we wait at least a year from now to stay to try again. But I like the idea of close spacing. My brother and I are 15 months apart and it was great growing up.

14. Aria

persimmon / 1121 posts

@MrsB2012: We're doing pretty good over here, I can't believe it's been half a year already. Craziness! Her 6 month appointment isn't for a couple weeks so I don't know her exact stats, but she's somewhere in the 16lb, 26in range.

She's just the happiest baby, giggling and smiling all the time. Not close to crawling yet, she just lifts her knees off the ground and smashes her face into the floor. She hasn't quite figured out how to lift both ends at the same time. She just started using consonants, and has had an explosion of bas and mas. Sometimes she'll string together a mama, and even though she doesn't mean anything by it, it still melts my heart.

We are having some kind of sleep regression or something though. Payback for all that great sleeping she did in the early days. She'd been sleeping through the night in her Merlin for months, but in the past couple weeks she wakes up and nothing will get her back to sleep for at least two hours. It is killer. I wouldn't mind if I could just feed her and put her back to bed. We tried a zipadee zip in case she needed to move around more, but that was a disaster. It's frustrating for sure. I miss my good sleeper.

It's good to hear how everyone else is doing! I miss hearing about everyone's babies.

15. Kbee

kiwi / 560 posts

@MrsB2012: Wow sounds like she's doing great! And #3 soon? Whew! We're not ready to even talk about #2 yet

@maddyz: Big boy! I don't have my period back yet, and I definitely don't miss those hormonal times every month. So sorry

@Mrs. Coral: We're going to start with sweet potatoes too, then probably carrots 2nd. How are things going with your DD's weight? We have a teeny baby over here too, we had an appt last week and he was in the 9th percentile (5th at birth), but dr has always said it's fine.

@Aria: We're the same with the not-successful-at-all trying to crawl and consonants over here too. It's SO fun hearing all of the new things he says and seeing him do new things every day.

We're doing great over here! DS will be 6 months in a week, and is just around 15 pounds or so. He's sitting up and has lots of new sounds, including ba's and da's. And after months and months of terrible sleep, and me resigning myself to the fact that I had a terrible sleeper and I would forever be sleep deprived - he shockingly now sleeps without his swaddle, rolls onto his belly, and sleeps all night It makes me cry when I think of how much easier things are now. With 2 months of colic and 5 months of 5-6 wake-ups per night, we had a really tough go of things for a long time. But I LOVE this age!

16. Kbee

kiwi / 560 posts

Resurrecting this thread to see how everyone and their babes are doing! I can't believe they'll be ONE so soon! Merry Christmas!

17. Mrs. Lion

@Kbee: I can't believe it either! Where did this year go?!

We are doing better over here, finally. Lyla is the happiest baby on the planet I think, but she has had a lot of medical issues. Around 6 months she started becoming extremely constipated, and we ended up in the ER with her before deciding to start feeding therapy. We then found out that she had a tongue tie that we missed when she was a newborn. Then from September-November she had constant ear infections, so in early December she got tubes put in and we had her tongue tie clipped too. It's been a couple weeks, and shes feeling better I think (though now shes getting more teeth and the constipation is back! gah!!)

But man, this girl is the best. She is growing so fast, and I can't even believe how fast time is going with her!

18. Kbee

kiwi / 560 posts

@Mrs. Lion: Aw she's so adorable! I'm sorry to hear she had a rough start, but so glad that she's doing so much better now. I bet that was hard!

We're doing well over here, D is also such a happy baby now, which is great that I can say that now because he had a rough start to life too with severe reflux and MSPI for a long time. But he's much happier now and everything is altogether just a lot easier He'll be 11 months in just a few days and I can't even believe it! He's got 2 teeth, is crawling and cruising up a storm, and will probably be walking soon as it looks like he's about to stand on his own. I just love this age so much!

19. maddyz

persimmon / 1270 posts

I have been thinking about everyone as we get close to a year.

We are great. 10 months today, crawling, cruising, 7 teeth and loves to eat. We just night weened and that's changing my life.

This mild winter is saving me because is this guy doesn't get too the park he wrecks the apartment. Everything is stashed in our bed room...

20. Kbee

kiwi / 560 posts

@maddyz: Cutie!! And 7 teeth, whoa! I'm jealous you've night weaned - we are currently working on that, slowly. I hope we succeed soon because I can't wait to get a continuous night of sleep again.

21. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@Mrs. Lion: that's good to hear things are finally turning around for L. That's tough with the constipation. My older one has suffered since she was about 6 months old. She still has the worst time and it's so hard to watch.

@Kbee: That's really good that D is improving and much happier now!

@maddyz: I hope the night weaning has changed your life for the better

Things are going really well over here. G will be 1 next week! She has 6 teeth, stands on her own and takes about 2 steps at a time occasionally. She has 3 words, ( mom, dad, and wow!) haha. I'm super blessed with the.best.sleeper ever. She sleeps from 6pm - 8/830am every day. She starts daycare next week, so she will be going to bed later and getting up earlier so I suspect our amazing sleep run will be coming to an end quickly.
    We are on our 4th cycle of TTC our next. We were hoping to be about 12 weeks pregnant now to coincide with going back to work, but it's taking us longer than anticipated this time.

I hope everyone is doing well, I can't believe how quick this year has gone by!

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee