Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2016 moms!!

1. fancyfunction

grapefruit / 4085 posts

I'm still feeling nauseous most of the day and don't really have an appetite, but I keep eating in hopes it will make the nausea go away. I'm also still pretty tired. But I'm being positive that this will start to subside in a week or two

2. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

I had my first midwife appointment today and they weren't able to find the heartbeat with the Doppler. I'm only 9w6d and she wasn't concerned, but I'm still kinda stressed. I have my NT scan on August 11th so I won't get any reassurance until then.

3. Kelley_lovelikecrazy

cherry / 158 posts

Hey guys! I'm so excited to be joining this board. I almost joined immediately, and then panicked that family or friends would find out here instead of in person (hence the deleted comment)

EDD: 2/12

How far along: 12 weeks tomorrow

First child? Second, I have a daughter

First doctor appointment: my NT scan is a week from today

Any symptoms so far? Ugh just as sick as with my DD. That didn't go away until 18-20 weeks, so I'm moving through it. I get lightheaded and dizzy, esp with this heat. Tired but can't sleep well and am up once an hour to pee. With DD I didn't sleep well again until after she was born. But those sweet little ones are so worth all of this!

Who have you told? Family, close friends, some coworkers. Waiting to the NT scan to tell the world.

4. Crystal

grapefruit / 4028 posts

@Kelley_lovelikecrazy: welcome and congrats!

@ms.line: 9 weeks is SUPER early with a Doppler from what I've heard, so try not to stress! (Way easier said than done). Trust your OB! S/he would send you for an immediate ultrasound if s/he was concerned.

@fancyfunction: I think we're due the same day, right? I hope we both turn the corner soon!

5. fancyfunction

grapefruit / 4085 posts

@Crystal: yes! And I hope so too!

6. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

@Kelley_lovelikecrazy: welcome!! Congrats!!

7. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

@fancyfunction: my sickness didn't even start till 9 weeks. That terrifies me that it's going to last forever.

@ms.line: 9 weeks is so early!! I tried at 11 and couldn't find one. With my DS I couldn't until 14 weeks because the placenta was in the front.

8. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@Crystal: @Ladybee: Thanks for the reassurance, ladies. You're right, I should trust my midwife! I'm glad I saw the heartbeat at the RE's two weeks ago or I'd probably really be flipping out.

9. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

@ms.line: I understand the anxiety. We go Monday for our 12 week scan and I'm thinking about trying to find the HB before then. My logical mind knows it's a bad idea since it cause more anxiety if I can't find it.

10. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@ladybee: It probably isn't a good idea, but I'd understand if you did it. Yesterday I was about to ask my midwife to skip the doppler entirely, just to prevent unnecessary anxiety, but but then my irrational self was like WHATEVER JUST DO IT, and now of course I have unnecessary anxiety!

11. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@Kelley_lovelikecrazy: Welcome back!

February 2016 Mamas
    February 1: mrsclownfish (#2), zombiebullfrogholler (#2)
    February 5: mrskrumpet (#2)
    February 7: goosebee (#1)
    February 11: ladybee (#2), emilie765 (#2)
    February 12: neonpink1234 (#2), kelley_lovelikecrazy (#2)
    February 13: californiadreams (#2)
    February 14: bella214
    February 18: saboma (#1)
    February 19: mrs. eagle (#2)
    February 22: cobee (#2)
    February 23: temperancebrennan (#1), kiddosc (#2)
    February 25: misolee (#2)
    February 26: ms.line (#1)
    February 28: crystal (#1), fancyfunction (#2)
    pachamama

12. NeonPink1234

cherry / 107 posts

@Kelley_lovelikecrazy: congrats! We're due date twins!

@ms.line: since you saw the heartbeat two weeks ago the odds are definitely in your favor. But still, it would have been reassuring to hear that heartbeat.

The nausea hasn't subsided here either. I'm pretty tired of it, but grateful for everything. But still would like to be one of those people who sail through pregnancy with no symptoms.

13. Crystal

grapefruit / 4028 posts

@ms.line: I totally get the irrational monster popping out! I keep trying to find the HB on my at home Doppler, then I worry if I can't find it, and I worry I'm Radiating my baby. I think I need to put it away for awhile.

@ladybee: oh goodness gracious, you poor thing! I ant believe is started so late!!! How are you feeling now?

@NeonPink1234: I'm so glad to hear you are having symptoms. That sounds weird, but it has to be extra reassuring, especially after your scare.

14. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

@Crystal: Today has been a shockingly good day! The rest of this week has been brutal so I'm hoping now that I'm over the 12 week mark it'll get better. Thank you for asking!

15. Bella214

pea / 9 posts

Hello - Just an update we had our ultrasound on Wednesday and everything went perfect! Ugh all the aniexty leading up we were so relieved to see our baby. The heart beat was 145! Crazy to see your little one in you and moving around. We did the genetic testing, which is so scary and nervewrecking to go through. Thankfully the doctor said the amount of fluid on the back of neck looked perfect and the babies nostril bones were growing, which I guess is a sign for downs if they are not. That definitely gave us some reassurance all will be good. Now we are just waiting for the results to come back, ugh this waiting game is crazy!

Best of luck to everyone and I hope you all get some rest this weekend

16. pachamama

nectarine / 2436 posts

@ms.line: I'm Feb 6

Ran 6 miles this morning, feelin' good! Wonder how long I can keep it up though...

17. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@pachamama: Updated! Is this your first?

February 2016 Mamas
    February 6: pachamama (#1)
    February 15: bella214 (#1)

18. pachamama

nectarine / 2436 posts

@ms.line: yes, first!

19. Bella214

pea / 9 posts

@pachamama: This is my first baby my due date got changed to 2/15/15, only one day off

20. mrs.kiwi

kiwi / 635 posts

Hi everyone,

I've been a hb lurker for awhile and finally decided to hop on and show my "face" haha.

Due date: 2-20-2016
    This is my second child (but 4th pregnancy.. First two pregnancies ended in miscarriAges.) my boy is 15 mo and they will be just about 22 mo apart.
    Location is San Francisco Bay Area
    I'm a sahm currently.
    What else? Almost 11 weeks now and have had naseuA since week 5.. But the good thing is I never throw up though I always feel like it.
    My first appt was 10 weeks hb was 185 and the booger was kicking away

21. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@mrs.kiwi: hi!

February 2016 Mamas
    February 20: mrs. kiwi (#2)

22. fancyfunction

grapefruit / 4085 posts

@mrs.kiwi: welcome!

23. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

Do any of you ladies have February birthdays? Mine is February 5th. The fact that I'll be 37 weeks pregnant killed all my big 30th birthday party plans!!

24. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

@ms.line: Me!! My birthday is the 6th! If I make it to 39 weeks, I am scheduled to deliver on your birthday. I'm pumped to have this baby before my 31st birthday.

Eta: are you allowed to drink in the hospital? I'd love wine for my birthday. How bad would that look lol

25. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@ladybee: Haha, I know, I totally wish I were going to have this baby while I'm still 29. Hopefully you make it to 39 weeks so I have a birthday buddy!

I'm sure DH could smuggle some wine in for you! I definitely plan on having a glass of wine on my birthday (and my baby will still be cookin'), so I say go for it!

26. Crystal

grapefruit / 4028 posts

Ugh, hello bee ate my post! Let's see if I can remember what I said... (Pregnancy brain is killing me, I can't remember anything)

@ms.line: my 3-0 is in a few weeks. We had planned to go to Vegas, and while it looks like we are still going, this trip will be MUCH different than I had envisioned.

@ladybee: I think nurses might be used to it, lol. I have a VERY long list of things I want my DH to bring me post delivery- HUGE Starbucks coffee, margarita, sushi, etc.

27. Crystal

grapefruit / 4028 posts

Look at what my app said this morning about the size of my baby, I thought it was hilarious. (And in the midst of my constant worrying, I need to remember everything IS awesome)

28. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

@Crystal: when I had my son the nurse and I got into a screaming match because I wanted diet coke RIGHT NOW. Because of my c/s she was worried about the gas in pop but eventually caved.

29. Crystal

grapefruit / 4028 posts

@ladybee: over a diet coke?! Give the pregnant lady what she needs!!! I'm glad you eventually won.

30. saboma

cherry / 105 posts

@ms.line: My due date has been moved forward to 2/8/16. thanks for keeping this list!

31. saboma

cherry / 105 posts

Hi everyone,
    I'm back from vacation and boy did I need it! Got a chance to really relax, unplug, and start to really enjoy this pregnancy. I'm not looking forward to going back to work tomorrow, plus I have to tell my boss I'm pregnant while trying to get a promotion. Eek!

It's been so fun catching up on everyone's updates. I'm still super tired all the time, but the nausea has subsided which is nice. I'm super hungry and can't stop eating. We'll see what the scale says tomorrow morning... My next appt with the midwife is in a week, and I'm visiting the l&d floor before then (still haven't decided whether I want to deliver at the hospital or at home...), so I'm looking forward to getting more info soon.

At my ultrasound last week, they changed my due date to 10 days earlier. I still don't quite understand how, since I was so sure of my dates. Do y'all know what it means? That I got my dates wrong and actually conceived 10 days earlier than I thought? Or that my baby is bigger than expected at its gestational age, but still conceived when I thought? It's very confusing...

Anyway, it's nice to be back and to hear from all of you!

32. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

@saboma: this happened to me with DS. I'm not sure why it was moved up (6 days) but I know my dates weren't wrong because I was temping, taking medication to ovulate and using ovulation sticks. Then I had him a week early so who knows! I think they are just big for gestational age. DS is a taller, heavier kid now.

33. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@saboma: That's a big change in due date! It would surprise me if you were off on your ovulation date by a whole 10 days, so maybe you're just growing a big baby!

ETA: Of course you have to make the decision that feels right to you, but I would totally deliver at home if I could! (Home births are not legislated in my state, so only lay midwives will attend them, which I don't feel totally comfortable with. But if I could get a CNM at home that would be ideal!)

February 2016 Mamas
    Februrary 8: saboma (#1)
    February 20: mrs. kiwi (#2)

34. mrs.kiwi

kiwi / 635 posts

@saboma: aww a home birth would be so awesome! For my first labor we barely made it to the hospital and I pushed ds out in 5 min.. So home labor would have been nice esp since I looove the water. But I'm too worried about possible medical interventions just in case something happens so I'll prob always deliver at a hospital. Let us know hat you decide!!!

35. Crystal

grapefruit / 4028 posts

@saboma: @mrs.kiwi: @ms.line: you are so brave to even consider a home birth! That thought never even crossed my mind.

36. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

@Crystal: agreed. I'm too afraid.

37. Crystal

grapefruit / 4028 posts

@ladybee: hospital all the way for me. And drug me up. Please and thank you.

38. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

@Crystal: ha that was me the first time. As soon as back labor started I was drugged.

39. Crystal

grapefruit / 4028 posts

@ladybee: lol! I so admire people that want to do it drug free, but I don't know if I'm capable of that. Wake me when it's over, mmmmkay?

40. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@Crystal: @ladybee: I'm not gonna lie, I'm afraid, too!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee