Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2016 moms!!

1. californiadreams

pomegranate / 3411 posts

@Ellie: congratulations, he looks perfect!

I'll post more updates and reply to others later. In on my phone and hate typing on it lol, but I had to reply to the first February mama!

2. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

Hey! It's February!

3. TemperanceBrennan

pear / 1998 posts

@ms.line: OMG!!!!

4. fancyfunction

grapefruit / 4085 posts

I know - it seems so real now! Even though I'm due at the very end of the month so I almost feel ill be late and deliver in March

5. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@fancyfunction: Haha I feel the same way - trying to come to terms with the idea of a March delivery....

6. saboma

cherry / 105 posts

@ms.line: eeek! Can't believe it's here!

I'm 39 weeks today and starting to get anxious. Even the milk we bought yesterday expires after my due date. That means it's really close!!

7. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@saboma: Haha, that *is* a little scary. I'm excited for you!

I went crazy and made 30 freezer meals this weekend and DH installed our car seats. Still haven't packed a bag or done my taxes yet, but otherwise feeling pretty "ready."

8. saboma

cherry / 105 posts

Labor watch: my water broke this morning! We already had an appointment with our midwife so we went in and she confirmed. She suggested we head to the hospital this afternoon, even if labor hasn't started. I haven't had contractions yet, but I hope they start soon so I don't have to get induced. Keep your fingers crossed for me, please. Hoping for a speedy, natural labor and delivery

9. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@saboma: Ahhhh! Fingers and toes crossed for you!

10. californiadreams

pomegranate / 3411 posts

@saboma: exciting! good luck, everything is crossed

11. californiadreams

pomegranate / 3411 posts

i am just here to post a quick update since it's been like a whole week or something, lol. I've read everyone else's.

My baby has changed positions a few times. my midwife called it "unstable lie" (not sure if i wrote that before). But i've gotten pretty good at feeling when he is head down and i think he has been for a while now, so hopefully it stays that way. I have an ultrasound tomorrow so i will find out for sure. I am exactly 39 weeks with no signs of labour....well except baby dropped last week or something and i feel the pressure on my bladder!

i still have lots to do. installed the car seat yesterday and now i am about to sort through all the new and old baby clothes and pack a hospital bag today. then the essentials will be done. i have lots more things around the house and the nursery i would like to get done though, so i am hoping to have another week. Plus my mom is coming on Monday (day before my due date) to help with DS. So i don;t want the baby to come before that. We can change her train ticket, but it's easier if we don't have to.

The one issue i've been having is my blood pressure has been higher. My OB takes it so seriously (more than my OB did with my last pregnancy) and she increased my meds and wants me coming in for weekly non-stress tests (NST). So i went to the hospital on sunday and everything was fine and i have to go back again this friday. and hopefully everything will be fine again and it is will just be taking time away from when i could be getting a mani/pedi, lol which is what i wanted to do friday morning.

12. kiddosc

grapefruit / 4278 posts

@saboma: Good Luck! C'mon contractions!!

13. kiddosc

grapefruit / 4278 posts

@californiadreams: I hope baby stays head down for you and that he stays put long enough for you to get some stuff done! Do you have a back-up plan for #1 if you go into labor before your mom comes?

Just had our 37 week appointment. Baby Girl is head down, but still a little floaty, so we're keeping an eye on her. Everything else looks great, so we just wait now. My OB estimated she's about 6lbs now, so if she stays put for another 3 weeks she's guessing a 7-7.5lb baby, perfect!

The nursery is coming together... sort of. I've accumulated all the things that go into it, now it just needs to get set up. In my mind that will take no time at all, right? We are repainting this week. The right shade of gray has eluded me, who knew gray was so hard. The original one we painted ended up way too blue and I was in denial about it for too long. So we got a few testers and I think have settled on a good one. Good thing she'll be in our room for awhile so her room can finish airing out, oops.

Clothes are washed, carseat and swing are washed and ready. It's really getting to be real!

14. californiadreams

pomegranate / 3411 posts

@kiddosc: yes i have 2 friends that live near me that can either pick up DS from prechool or take him on the weekend. He is familiar with both of them and friends with their kids, so that is good. Will just be easier obviously if we can leave him home with my mom!

Sounds like you are as set as you need to be. I wanted the nursery all set up too, but unless this baby is a full week late, it probably won't happen. I've got the bassinet set up in our room though and am getting a cheap small glider for our bedroom this week (the one for the nursery is too big for our bedroom). Once i wash the baby clothes today, i think you and i will be at the same stage. And I agree, gray is hard. We had a gray living room at our old apartment and so i got a lighter gray for basement, but i find it is too light. Oh well, i think we are going to leave it as is.

15. kiddosc

grapefruit / 4278 posts

@californiadreams: Yea, I was looking back and noticing that E's nursery was all set and ready to go around 36 weeks... poor neglected Baby #2

16. californiadreams

pomegranate / 3411 posts

@kiddosc: i can't even say that about DS1. I think I had his nursery set up nicely a month or two after he started sleeping there! so i am treating my kiddos about the same, lol.

17. MrsClownfish

cherry / 199 posts

In labor here.....

Pre labor for a few days. Contractions started again today at 5:30, two contractions 7 min apart and then jumped to 4 min. Was 5 cm 100% effaced when I got to hospital. Just got sweet relief with epidural after doctor assured me that are confident it won't slow down labor and they are okay with pitocin for a VBAC.

18. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@MrsClownfish: Good luck, mama!!

19. californiadreams

pomegranate / 3411 posts

@MrsClownfish: exciting! Best of luck. Post back soon if you can!

@saboma: any updates??

Come on February babies!

20. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

This is so exciting!! Best wishes everyone. We are heading to the hospital in the morning for our RCS. I am currently sitting up and freaking out. I do not feel like I've done nearly enough nesting.

21. californiadreams

pomegranate / 3411 posts

@ladybee: ohh, i didn't realize it was tomorrow!!! good luck, i hope everything goes smoothly.

I can't wait to see pics of all these babes!

my baby is head down again in perfect position (confirmed by ultrasound today), so fingers crossed he stays that way!

22. red_seattle

kiwi / 549 posts

Very exciting! Good luck ladies!

23. TemperanceBrennan

pear / 1998 posts

Ahh! So excited for everyone! Hopefully everyone has smooth and complication-free labors. Can't wait to hear about the new arrivals.

24. momtimes3

cherry / 109 posts

So exciting!!! I cant believe it's actually Feb already!! Im scared excited nervous lol... Not much longer left good luck ladies n hope for healthy easy deliveries!! Im a rcs and it scares me honestly.

25. MrsClownfish

cherry / 199 posts

At 9.5 cm. Laboring down before pushing.

26. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@ladybee: Hope everything goes beautifully for you today! Please update us when you have a chance!

27. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@californiadreams: Glad to hear baby is head down again! My midwives got freaked out that my baby had turned breech on Tuesday (and freaked ME out in the process), so they sent me for an ultrasound yesterday. Thankfully my LO is head-down, too! Stay put, babies!!

28. momtimes3

cherry / 109 posts

MrsClownfish any update? So excited for you!! Ladybee hoping for an easy rcs today

29. MrsClownfish

cherry / 199 posts

Successful VBAC. Went about as perfect as it could have. Pushed her out in an hour and a half.

Miriam Florence born at 4:13 am.

30. momtimes3

cherry / 109 posts

Beautiful girl 💜 congrats mama!

31. TemperanceBrennan

pear / 1998 posts

@MrsClownfish: Congratulations! So happy to hear it went smoothly. What an adorable pink bow. She is wonderful!

32. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@MrsClownfish: Yay! Look at that face! I love the name Miriam - congrats!

33. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

Births
    January 27: ellie (#2)
    February 4: mrsclownfish (#2) Miriam Florence

--------

Due Dates
    February 1: zombiebullfrogholler (#2)
    February 5: mrskrumpet (#2)
    February 6: pachamama (#1)
    February 7: goosebee (#1)
    February 8: saboma (#1)
    February 9: californiadreams (#2)
    February 11: ladybee (#2) , emilie765 (#2)
    February 12: neonpink1234 (#2) , kelley_lovelikecrazy (#2)
    February 15: bella214 (#1)
    February 19: mrs. eagle (#2)
    February 20: mrs. kiwi (#2)
    February 21: red_seattle (#2)
    February 22: cobee (#2), mrsbphd (#1)
    February 23: temperancebrennan (#1) , kiddosc (#2)
    February 25: misolee (#2)
    February 26: ms.line (#1)
    February 27: nywolfmama (#1 & #2)
    February 28: fancyfunction (#2) , sassymama34 (#2 & #3)

34. fancyfunction

grapefruit / 4085 posts

@MrsClownfish: Congrats! Hope you're both doing well.

Had my 36 wk appt today. One last ultrasound and got to see a 3d image of baby - from what I could tell, he looks like M! They estimate he's about 6.5 lbs now. Also got a GBS test. I was positive last time so will assume I am again - no big deal.

35. kiddosc

grapefruit / 4278 posts

@MrsClownfish: Congrats! How cute, she looks a little skeptical about this whole "out of the womb" thing!

36. californiadreams

pomegranate / 3411 posts

@MrsClownfish: congratulations!! beautiful girl and name! so glad to hear you had a successful VBAC too!!!

37. momtimes3

cherry / 109 posts

Any word from ladybee yet? Hope her csection went ok

38. saboma

cherry / 105 posts

After 28 hours laboring and 2.5hours pushing, I'm so happy my sweet girl finally joined us in the wee hours this morning! It's been a busy day of calling family and friends and getting to know our little one. So blessed
    Eléonore Mair born at 3:33am February 4th, 8lb8oz and 20in.

39. momtimes3

cherry / 109 posts

Awww congrats Saboma!! She's so cute 💜

40. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@saboma: Such cheeks! Congratulations - all your hard work was so worth it!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee