Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2016 moms!!

1. TemperanceBrennan

pear / 1998 posts

@saboma: Yay! Congratulations! She is just precious! Hope you are feeling well, 30 hours of labor is tough!

2. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

Congrats everyone!! I'm on my phone so I'll come back when I get a computer to reply individually.

Our update:

Connor James was born at 12:29pm on 2/4 by RCS. All has gone pretty well! Big brother will come meet him tomorrow (which is also my birthday). 😊

3. californiadreams

pomegranate / 3411 posts

@saboma: congratulations!! She is beautiful! And wow, 28 hours!

4. californiadreams

pomegranate / 3411 posts

@ladybee: congratulations!!! Glad everything is going well. Connor is gorgeous, I love all his hair

5. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@ladybee: Welcome, Connor! What a great head of hair! Congrats, mama - glad to hear everything went well!

Wow, February 4th was a busy day here! Today is *my* birthday, and I was hoping for some bday twins, but alas.

6. fancyfunction

grapefruit / 4085 posts

@ladybee: Congrats!!

7. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

Births
    January 27: ellie (#2)
    February 4: mrsclownfish (#2) Miriam Florence; saboma (#1) Eléonore Mair; ladybee (#2) Connor James

--------

Due Dates
    February 1: zombiebullfrogholler (#2)
    February 5: mrskrumpet (#2)
    February 6: pachamama (#1)
    February 7: goosebee (#1)
    February 8: saboma (#1)
    February 9: californiadreams (#2)
    February 11: emilie765 (#2)
    February 12: neonpink1234 (#2) , kelley_lovelikecrazy (#2)
    February 15: bella214 (#1)
    February 19: mrs. eagle (#2)
    February 20: mrs. kiwi (#2)
    February 21: red_seattle (#2)
    February 22: cobee (#2), mrsbphd (#1)
    February 23: temperancebrennan (#1) , kiddosc (#2)
    February 25: misolee (#2)
    February 26: ms.line (#1)
    February 27: nywolfmama (#1 & #2)
    February 28: fancyfunction (#2) , sassymama34 (#2 & #3)

8. kiddosc

grapefruit / 4278 posts

@saboma: Congratulations! Great job momma!

@ladybee: He's adorable, look at that hair! Glad everything went well!

9. momtimes3

cherry / 109 posts

Ladybee- he's adorable!! Love his hair 😃

10. Kelley_lovelikecrazy

cherry / 158 posts

I am loving all the can't pictures!! Congratulations mamas!

Afm, I'm over it haha. I'm still a couple days from my due date but every week my Dr says "you won't make it another few days, but we'll schedule next weeks appt anyway" which is just mean. This baby is officially later than my first. And I secretly had my hopes up that she'd be a few days earlier.

I've been having cramping and fake labor for 9 days now. The pain is driving me nuts. I told DH I wanted an epidural now

They think she's big and are doing an ultrasound tomorrow. If she's 9 lbs or bigger they'll induce on Tuesday. But I really had hoped to go on my own. Preferably before hitting the 9 lb mark. If she's smaller than 9, we'll wait another week for another appt.

Anyone else kind of getting over it at this point?

11. Mrs. Champagne

coconut / 8483 posts

Congrats all that have welcomed their feb babies! I've been occasionally popping by since I had to leave this summer. Wishing everyone great deliveries this month!!

12. red_seattle

kiwi / 549 posts

@Kelley_lovelikecrazy: I'm feeling pretty done, too! Since this isn't my first one, I try to keep reminding myself that the pregnancy is the EASY part of parenting. But really, I'm sick of the pelvic girdle pain. And just over the last week my swelling has become bad enough that I can't wear any shoes besides flip flops (... in February... It's no bueno). The last straw is that I'm prone to frequent contractions throughout pregnancy, so that's normal for me. What's not normal is the 40! 50! 60! contractions I've been having daily with NO sign of going into labor. I'm so so so done with these contractions. If I'm going to be having so many, they darn well better be getting me closer to having a baby, rather than just annoying me!

13. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@Kelley_lovelikecrazy: Nine days of false labor sounds like mental torture! Let us know how your u/s goes today!

@red_seattle: 40-60 contractions a day also sounds nuts! Hope your LO decides to show her face early!

I'm having zero contractions, but also feeling very done! I went to see a play on Friday and a movie on Sunday, and having to sit in confined spaces like that made me want to crawl out of my skin! I bit all my fingernails off because I felt so damn agitated. Found out today I'm GBS negative, which is good, but I also just developed (excruciating) hemorrhoids for the first time in my life, which is bad. Wouldn't mind the baby being a week early at this point...

14. californiadreams

pomegranate / 3411 posts

I'm in the hospital now. Water broke late last night as I was falling asleep so I opted to stay in my bed and sleep all night. Then i was partially in denial this morning so I took my time getting ready and got here by 2pm lol. No contractions that I've felt, no "show". So I'm about to be induced. Currently 1-2cm. Fingers crossed I get a VBAC. I'm not loving that I'm hooked up to IV, oxytocin, blood pressure cuff, and baby monitors. But my blood pressure is high so they are monitoring everything

15. ladybee

grapefruit / 4079 posts

@californiadreams: good luck!!

16. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@californiadreams: Hoping everything goes well!

17. momtimes3

cherry / 109 posts

Good luck!! Praying for a safe vbac delivery

18. californiadreams

pomegranate / 3411 posts

I'm currently at 8cm as of about an hour ago! Past where I made it with DS1

19. TemperanceBrennan

pear / 1998 posts

@californiadreams: Thinking about you! You are almost there!!!!

20. kiddosc

grapefruit / 4278 posts

@californiadreams: Awesome! Fingers still crossed for your successful vbac!

21. mrs.kiwi

kiwi / 635 posts

So exciting mamas!! Congrats to the new sweet babies!!

And for the rest of you mamas in labor/waiting.. All the best to you!!! Can't wait to see ur sweet babes soon!!

22. momtimes3

cherry / 109 posts

Any update californiadreams? Hope was successful

23. californiadreams

pomegranate / 3411 posts

Hey all. I'm copying my post from a FB group
    I'm in:

Liam James (last name) born today via repeat c section after failed VBAC attempt. I made it as far as 8-9 cm through induction by pitocin. However, 4 hours then went by without progression and they said I'd been on pitocin long enough (20 hours at that point) and that risk was higher for uterine rupture cuz of past c section. So I agreed to c section. I was quite upset as I had been so close - got more dilated than I ever did with my first baby. But in the end, I have my gorgeous healthy baby and we are as happy as can be :). The actual surgery went much better than my first one 3 years ago so that helped a lot.

24. californiadreams

pomegranate / 3411 posts

He latched on perfectly today too and nursing is going great. So I'm thrilled about that!

25. mrs.kiwi

kiwi / 635 posts

@californiadreams: what a handsome little man! So thankful everything went well even though not as planned.. You have ur lil guy- what a huge blessing

26. fancyfunction

grapefruit / 4085 posts

@californiadreams: Congrats - hope you and baby are doing well!!

27. saboma

cherry / 105 posts

@californiadreams: congrats!! He's perfect! And great that he's already feeding so well! So he was born on your due date, if I'm not mistaken? Timely little one
    Enjoy the first few days!!

28. momtimes3

cherry / 109 posts

Awww he's so cute!! Congrats!! Sorry vbac didnt work but end result is all that matters

29. californiadreams

pomegranate / 3411 posts

@mrs.kiwi: thank you! And yes he is truly a blessing

@fancyfunction: we are doing good thanks. in just already anxious to go home. But stuck here another night

@saboma: thanks! And yes, born on my due date! I never expected that! I was thankful we booked my mom's train a while ago for her to come the day before my due date. Timing worked out perfectly as she was able to look after DS1 the whole time.

30. californiadreams

pomegranate / 3411 posts

@momtimes3: thank you! And it's all good. I'm handling the second c section (emotionally) much better than the first as I knew/accepted ahead of time it was a real possibility. I was upset in the moment because after getting to 9cm, I really got my hopes high for a VBAC. but I'm ok now.

31. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@californiadreams: Congratulations! I'm sorry the VBAC didn't go as planned, but your little guy is just perfect and it looks like you got some great skin-to-skin! Glad to hear he's already a BF champ, too!

32. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

Births
    January ??: pachamama (#1)
    January 27: ellie (#2)
    February 4: mrsclownfish (#2) Miriam Florence; saboma (#1) Eléonore Mair; ladybee (#2) Connor James
    February 9: californiadreams (#2) Liam James

--------

Due Dates
    February 1: zombiebullfrogholler (#2)
    February 5: mrskrumpet (#2)
    February 7: goosebee (#1)
    February 11: emilie765 (#2)
    February 12: neonpink1234 (#2) , kelley_lovelikecrazy (#2)
    February 15: bella214 (#1)
    February 19: mrs. eagle (#2)
    February 20: mrs. kiwi (#2)
    February 21: red_seattle (#2)
    February 22: cobee (#2), mrsbphd (#1)
    February 23: temperancebrennan (#1) , kiddosc (#2)
    February 25: misolee (#2)
    February 26: ms.line (#1)
    February 27: nywolfmama (#1 & #2)
    February 28: fancyfunction (#2) , sassymama34 (#2 & #3)

33. kiddosc

grapefruit / 4278 posts

@californiadreams: Congratulations, he's adorable! I'm so glad your surgery went well and hope you continue to have a smooth recovery!

34. kiddosc

grapefruit / 4278 posts

38 wk appt on Tuesday and she said that I am nearly 3cm dilated. I lost a big chunk of mucus plug a week ago, and then another big chunk yesterday morning. Had some mild contractions on and off all day Tuesday, but nothing really yesterday. I'm getting my hopes that baby girl will show up a little early but trying to keep them in check so I'm not disappointed when she ends up going to 41 weeks Super excited to get this show on the road!

35. californiadreams

pomegranate / 3411 posts

@kiddosc: thank you! And exciting that you are getting close to delivery it seems!

36. fancyfunction

grapefruit / 4085 posts

Had my 37 wk appt today. No dilation yet but am 50% effaced so I guess that's something? I do think a Leap Day baby would be fun but I am so ready to not be pregnant anymore!

37. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

I have no idea how dilated or effaced I am (or are not!). I'm just hanging out, obsessing over Spacefem's odds of delivery chart multiple times a day. I feel super ready be done with pregnancy, finish with work, and meet this baby - this is really a test of my patience!

38. TemperanceBrennan

pear / 1998 posts

@californiadreams: Congratulations!!! He's adorable. Sorry you didn't have the birth you were hoping for, but it sounds like you are processing it well! Hope recovery goes extra smoothly!

@kiddosc: Eek! Excited that it sounds like you are close to delivery, but since we have the same due date, you are freaking me out a little bit I don't feel ready yet!

39. nwm

clementine / 830 posts

hi all! i've been admittedly ghosting this board because by the time i found hellobee it seemed way too late to jump in. but now that i'm sitting here on my due date going a little bit crazy, i thought i would say hello since it sounds like some others are feeling equally impatient! and to say congrats to the february moms who have already given birth--so many beautiful babies this month already! i had my 40 wk appointment yesterday (a day early), 1-2 cm dilated and about 30% effaced, baby's head is at a -2. still trying to accomplish things at work and hoping things will get kickstarted soon!

40. ms.line

pear / 1770 posts

@nellywm: Welcome!! Is this your first baby? Do you know the sex?

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee