Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2017 moms!

1. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@josina: @NorthStar: I think that will work for a closed group, but not for a secret group. I'll give it a try. Maybe after we've all signed up for the group I can change the settings to secret?

2. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

Ok ladies, I made a closed group called "Moms due February 2017" Sorry for the generic title, but I wasn't sure if I could use the Hellobee name to make it more obvious.

Once all the interested mamas have joined I will make it a secret group. Don't mind the member named Pop sicle… I needed to add someone to the group so I made a decoy account… that goes by the name of what I'm currently eating. lol. Maybe post here to let me know if you've joined?

3. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@gentlelunette: thanks for arranging this!

Does anyone know if joining a closed group will show up on your timeline or your friends newsfeeds? I haven't announced on Facebook and don't plan to so I don't want joining a group to be my accidental announcement

4. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@gilmoregirl: Hmm, I'm not sure. I'll look into it, but hopefully someone else knows. I can change the group name to something unrelated to baby until it's secret if it turns out that people can see when you join a group.

5. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@gilmoregirl: @gentlelunette: Don't quote me on it, but I don't think that anyone will see that you joined or when you post, etc. I am part of another closed group and no one can see anything I post, unless they are also part of that group.

I think the difference between secret and closed is that we have to be invited to be a part of the secret group. Anyone can find the closed group, but they cannot see posts unless they are part of the group. Is there a setting when setting up the group that allows you to approve the people that are joining? For the other group that I'm in, the admin has to approve new members.

Here is a description:

https://www.facebook.com/help/220336891328465

6. WyattnewbabysMama

olive / 59 posts

Hey all--Thanks for organizing the FB group--I'm going to sit it out--I'm in a job where I have to be really weird in making sure that I'm not public at all on any FB/online stuff and to be honest even posting on HelloBee is a bit brave for me.

Have fun on the FB group (I just didn't want you guys to think I was ignoring it) and I hope that you at least post here when the big stuff happens too!

7. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@gentlelunette: I requested to join, hopefully the right group. Cover photo is a clothes line with a paper heart/onesie?

8. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

Feb 5 - MrsA (#2) ; Beehive (#2)
    Feb 6 - Gilmoregirl (#2) A/S: 10/4 ; nana87 (#2)
    Feb 7 - Maggierose (#2)
    Feb 9 - deerylou (#2) A/S 9/28
    Feb 11 - LML (#3 & #4) ; TBUZZ (#3 & #4)
    Feb 14 - gentlelunette (#2) A/S: 9/19
    Feb 14 - babybean404 (#2)
    Feb 16 - NorthStar (#2) U/S: 10/6
    Feb 16 - pumuckl (#3 & #4)
    Feb 22 - josina (#2) A/S: 10/5
    Feb 23 - Ajsmommy (#2) A/S: 9/19
    Feb 24 - Wyattnewbabysmama (#2)

9. babybean404

apricot / 386 posts

I haven't posted in a while, but we did an elective ultrasound and found out we're having another girl!!!

How crazy that there are no February first time moms? I feel like on my other board (August 2014) it was almost all first time moms, but maybe that's just my perception because I was a first time mom too

10. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@josina: That's the one that I joined too! I'll maybe post my name from here on the FB group so that you know. I hope it's the right one! lol

11. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@babybean404: I was thinking the exact same thing yesterday. So weird that there are no first time moms here.

12. babybean404

apricot / 386 posts

@NorthStar: and two twin mamas due on the SAME DAY? i think we're just a special group!

13. Beehive

nectarine / 2054 posts

@gentlelunette: Thanks for arranging, I just joined!

14. deerylou

pomegranate / 3003 posts

Ack, I've been off the map, for a while! Glad to see so many doing well. I have a standard prenatal appointment with our midwife, tonight, and we'll finally have our anatomy scan on 9/28. Convinced it's a little dude, and DD has long been referring to my bump as her "tiny baby brother." I'm so eager to find out, either way. And shop for clothes because, really.

Feeling tons of movement, especially at night when getting settled to sleep. Still dealing with relatively bad nausea at 19 weeks which has been *joyful*. Haven't been able to wean myself off Diclegis, but hanging in there.

Can't seem to find the Facebook group; not sure where I'm going wrong, but I'm down to join!

15. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@deerylou: Ugh - being sick is the worst! It would be so cool if your DD is correct. I feel that sometimes kids just know

See if this link works to find it!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1212263832179974/

16. deerylou

pomegranate / 3003 posts

@NorthStar: Ohh, perfect, thank you! I've requested to join the group.

And yes, I think kids sometimes have a sixth sense about that sort of thing. Maybe she can correctly predict when my nausea will take a hike. That'd be cool.

17. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

So i couldn't find out for sure whether it will show up, but I requested so I'm just taking my chances. I think the only time I've seen that sort of info in my newsfeed was when a friend joined a closed group that I'm part of, so I'm hoping it's ok.

In other news, is anyone else having Braxton hicks already? I am surprised to be feeling sooo much at only 19 weeks. They go away when I sit and rest, but I'm a teacher so it's been kinda bad this week. Not s lot of chances to sit...

18. deerylou

pomegranate / 3003 posts

@gilmoregirl: Yes! It's doubly strange because I never experienced BH while pregnant with my daughter. I actually freaked, because I had no idea what I was feeling, at first.

19. MrsA

apricot / 444 posts

I requested to join too! Thanks for setting up.

20. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

I've requested to join too.

@gilmoregirl: I don't have typical BH but I do have pain in my stomach from time to time. Usually when I overdo it. Resting, hydrating and some magnesium usually help.

21. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@deerylou: @Pumuckl: I'm glad at least that it's not just me. They go away when I sit down, but I just can't rest that much during my work day!

22. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@gilmoregirl: have you tried taking magnesium? My doc said 150mg in the morning and same dose in the evening?

23. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@Pumuckl: I haven't, but I'll look into it! Thanks. Did your dr recommend it for the cramping or does it do other things too?

24. tbuzz

cherry / 103 posts

I've requested to join. Maybe I can do a better job of keeping up.

25. MrsA

apricot / 444 posts

So I forgot to update that we had the anatomy scan on Monday! Everything looked good, placenta moved so it's looking good too, and that DNA was definitely right - there's a boy in there! So fun to see baby. Hope everyone is doing great!

26. Ajsmommy

pomegranate / 3355 posts

Yay for a fb group!!! I was in one for dd and it was awesome. I requested to join

Sorry I've been.mia for the week was on sweet sweet vacation. Back to reality now though so.I'll try to go back through posts and catch up

27. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@Ajsmommy: @gentlelunette: Hope your appointments go well today!
    @gentlelunette: Yay for finding out gender today! Do you have a guess as to what you're having?

28. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@josina: I felt SO strongly that it was a girl, and I was right!!!!

It's a girl! I am OVER the moon!

29. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@gentlelunette: Aww, congrats!

30. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@gentlelunette: Congrats! That's awesome!

31. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

I see that March has a bump board. Do we need one?!

32. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@gentlelunette: congratulations!! Glad everything went well

33. Ajsmommy

pomegranate / 3355 posts

@gentlelunette: yay for a little girl!! they are soo fun!@NorthStar: we can post bump pics here. or is that taboo? LOL...??

AFM my apt went well. everything is measuring and looking great with baby. They also confirmed boy parts

Full anatomy scan in 3 weeks

34. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@Ajsmommy: We can totally do the bumps here Congrats on the boy! I'm getting jealous of everyone finding out the sex! Dang DH who wants to be team green.

35. Beehive

nectarine / 2054 posts

@gentlelunette: Congrats! That's wonderful. I had my anatomy scan today, and everything looks good. Halfway there... does anyone else feel like it's going so slowly? Maybe the second half will go more quickly.

36. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@gentlelunette: yay, that's great!

37. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@Beehive: it's weird for me, on the one hand side I'm like wow half way through already and on the other hand it feels as though I've been pregnant forever.

38. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

Feb 5 - MrsA (#2) ; Beehive (#2)
    Feb 6 - Gilmoregirl (#2) A/S: 10/4 ; nana87 (#2)
    Feb 7 - Maggierose (#2)
    Feb 9 - deerylou (#2) A/S 9/28
    Feb 11 - LML (#3 & #4) ; TBUZZ (#3 & #4)
    Feb 14 - gentlelunette (#2)
    Feb 14 - babybean404 (#2)
    Feb 16 - NorthStar (#2) U/S: 10/6
    Feb 16 - pumuckl (#3 & #4) A/S: 10/7; MFM Scan: 10/11
    Feb 22 - josina (#2) A/S: 10/5
    Feb 23 - Ajsmommy (#2)
    Feb 24 - Wyattnewbabysmama (#2)

39. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@josina: thanks for keeping our list up to date! My A/S is 10/7 and the scan at the MFM is on 10/11. Quite excited about the latter since it'll be at the hospital I'll deliver at and with the doc who'll probably deliver the babies. (She specializes in multiples).

40. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@Ajsmommy: @Beehive: glad you both had good appointments as well!

@Beehive: I waffle between so fast and so slow. I've been feeling lousy lately and in a hurry to get to February which makes it feel like it's taking forever. But when I get distracted by life and then look back, it feels much faster. I'm 20 weeks already? How did that happen? But 20ish weeks to go feels like FOREVER

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee