Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2017 moms!

1. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

Oh and just to add, but I'd be cool with mixing bump pics in here. We don't have a ton of us on here and it could be nice to have everything in one place.

Though I have never been a big bump pic taker or poster, so no one listen to me

2. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

Thanks everyone! We are really excited at the idea of two little girls running around!

@gilmoregirl: I agree- I don't know if we need a whole separate post. I probably won't share bump photos here (I'd be more inclined to do so on facebook) but have no issue if anyone else wants to. We're a small group!

3. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

I was going to come on here and ask about dizziness when getting up in the morning, and my Ovia Pregnancy App answered that for me with the low blood pressure in 2nd trimester. Don't remember this the first time around.
    And I already feel soooo full after eating normal size meals, I have so much longer to go!

4. nana87

cantaloupe / 6171 posts

we just had our 20 week anatomy scan this morning and everything looks great!! heart rate was 149, confirmed she's a girl, and she's measuring 12 oz. baby girl wasn't being very cooperative though and the u/s tech ended up bringing the dr back to look, which had me freaked out because I figured that was bad news (in like the 10+ u/s I've had at the hospital during this and lo1's pregnancies, the only time a dr did it was when my amniotic fluid was so low they immediately sent me to l&d...) BUT all is well and the dr said everything looked beautiful I'm SO relieved, I feel like I've been waiting for the other shoe to drop all of this pregnancy and for this appointment in particular! we just announced on fb too right after the appt!

5. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@nana87: Yay for a good appointment! I think the dr. coming in would freak me out too, glad it was nothing!

6. Beehive

nectarine / 2054 posts

@nana87: Hooray! That's great news. So much fun to do a general announcement too - I need to do mine soon!

7. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@nana87: so glad you had a great appointment!

8. nana87

cantaloupe / 6171 posts

@josina: @Beehive: @Pumuckl: thanks!!

9. tbuzz

cherry / 103 posts

@nana87: glad you had a good appointment.
    Hope everyone's week is off to a good start.

10. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@nana87: happy to hear you had a great appointment!

11. LML

cherry / 129 posts

Sorry I haven't been around much! I always forget my password to log in. Has anyone ever gotten parvovirus (also called Fifth Disease) during pregnancy? It went around my daughter's school, so my dr did some bloodwork and it showed that I had an active infection. So now I have to get weekly ultrasounds for the next 10 weeks, since parvovirus can cause complications in pregnancy. Just curious if anyone else has had this issue, now or in the past.

12. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@LML: oh my gosh! No, I haven't had it before, but at least they are monitoring you!

I'm horrible at checking in too! I've been doing good, but man, these dreams are insane. I had one last night where we had put DD up for adoption, but a few months later, changed our minds and couldn't get her back. I was SO upsetting! I will be 20 weeks on Thursday (YAY for half way / BOO for way too much to do!) and my ultrasound is next week.

13. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@LML: Oh no, that's awful. I haven't but maybe a general board post would get some more answers?

14. nana87

cantaloupe / 6171 posts

@tbuzz: @gentlelunette: thanks!

@LML: oh gosh, no, I've never had that, but sorry you have this extra worry to deal with!

@NorthStar: omg, what a terrifying dream! I've definitely had some very vivid dreams but they're mostly random--like mini movies where the characters are other people and not me/dh/dd/etc. It's like I have random novel ideas in my head, haha

I feel like my biggest symptom this pregnancy has been extremely uncomfortable gassiness and bad gas pains, especially at night. I think it's okay to take gas x--I need to check with my ob again about it tomorrow--but does anyone else have this or has found other solutions?

15. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@nana87: I randomly have a lot of gas (like last night), but there doesn't seem like there is much that helps it. It seems to be more tied to certain foods, but I have yet to figure out which. Update us once you talk to your OB on the GasX as I might have to get some too

16. nana87

cantaloupe / 6171 posts

@NorthStar: I'll def update tomorrow! I usually don't bring up "normal" symptoms with my ob, since I've been through this before, but it's getting really painful

17. LML

cherry / 129 posts

Thanks guys. The risk apparently goes down four weeks after the infection, so I have another week and a half to go to hit that milestone. I'm trying not to freak out in the meantime. It won't do any good, I guess.

@NorthStar: That is such a scary dream!

I haven't had any crazy dreams lately, but I've been extremely overly emotional. The other day I read some poem or something on pinterest about babies growing up too fast and I started hysterically sobbing and couldn't calm down for like 10 minutes. It was ridiculous.

18. MrsA

apricot / 444 posts

Weird dreams and emotions on high over here too. I was reading a book on a flight yesterday that involved kids in a bus crash and started sobbing. So embarrassing!

In other news, I gave notice at work today. I start another job in 4 weeks. I purposely wore a cute dress so I'd feel confident and good even if they took it poorly.

19. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

Ditto to the weird dreams! I've always had vivid/weird dreams but times ten now.

@MrsA: Hope it goes well, congrats on the new job!

20. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@LML: I haven't had that same virus but my DS had an active CMV infection when I was pregnant with DD and it would have been awful if I had caught it since it causes birth defects. They would have given immune globulin intravenous into the umbilical cord if the blood test would have shown an active infection. Luckily I didn't catch it until after pregnancy 2. So I definitely know the concerns that come with an infection like this. Hopefully the next 1.5 weeks fly by!

21. Beehive

nectarine / 2054 posts

Ladies, I'm wearing maternity pants at work for the first time today (I had some other non-maternity elastic waist pants that held me over until now) - it's heavenly! So comfortable!

22. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@Beehive: wow, for the first time! I think I'm already sick of mine Maybe it's the fit of my pants or something, but I'm hiking them up all the time and I'm over it.

@MrsA: Congrats on your new job! How'd your work take the news?

@LML: So sorry this is happening to you. I know very little about the virus itself, but I know that pregnant teachers are often sent home if/when there's an active case in school as a precaution. I'm at the high school level, so I don't think it's as common there. We had a whooping cough outbreak at school while I was pregnant with my son and that was stressful enough! I hope the time passes quickly and all turns out well.

@nana87: Gas-X is on my doctor's list of safe meds. I haven't had gas in a month or two but my acid reflux gets so so bad in the evenings and it is a struggle.

23. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

Ugh, guys, I ordered a pair of new maternity jeans and didn't realize my account was set up for our old address. We moved almost a year ago!! So far customer service has been a bust, but fingers crossed I can get my jeans

24. LML

cherry / 129 posts

@Pumuckl: One of the things my doctor said was, "At least it isn't CMV." So I'm glad you didn't end up getting that! That must have been pretty scary. I'll just be happy when I'm out of the four-week "danger zone." And even more so when I'm 12 weeks out and the risk is basically gone.

@Beehive: I'm impressed that you are just now in maternity pants! I feel like I've been wearing maternity clothes for at least a month already.

@MrsA: Congrats on the job change, and on pulling off a job change while pregnant. That's a pretty impressive feat.

25. MrsA

apricot / 444 posts

@josina: @gilmoregirl: thank you! They took it just fine. Not thrilled but supportive and understanding.

@LML: I'm not sure yet if it's impressive or insane i think it's a good move for our family.

26. MrsA

apricot / 444 posts

@Beehive: how'd you make it so long?! I'm impressed! Welcome to the dark side

27. Beehive

nectarine / 2054 posts

@LML: @MrsA: Hahaha thanks! Don't get me wrong, I've been wearing maternity jeans for at least a month now (graduated from wearing regular jeans completely unzipped with a large t-shirt over them at home), and I've only put off work maternity pants for this long because I have a bunch of elastic-waist ankle pants I've been wearing all summer that weren't too uncomfortable. But the maternity pants actually make the bump look nicer!

28. Beehive

nectarine / 2054 posts

@gentlelunette: Did somebody just join the FB group who's not on Hellobee? We might want to turn it into a secret group now that all of us who want to join are on there...

29. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@Beehive: I wasn't sure, but now that you mention it, I don't know if she is on Hellobee.. I'm happy to make it a secret group now. What do I do about her... delete?

30. Beehive

nectarine / 2054 posts

@gentlelunette: Thanks!! Sorry, it just made me a bit nervous (since we're not anonymous on there...). I don't want to speak for everyone, but I would feel more comfortable sticking just to us Hellobee ladies!

31. nana87

cantaloupe / 6171 posts

I agree that I'd be more comfortable if the group was secret! I'm not sure about kicking her out though?

32. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

I would definitely make it secret, but not sure what to do about her. Maybe let her know that this is part of a group that was already established? Although, maybe it doesn't even really matter since we just started this.

33. tbuzz

cherry / 103 posts

I wondered about her. Since no one has responded, deleting her and making it secret shouldn't be a big deal.

34. Ajsmommy

pomegranate / 3355 posts

Hi all.. been MIA a little here b/c DD came down with a tummy bug Sat night she was down and out until Monday afternoon and then daycare was closed yesterday so I was home with her....

I am 19 wks today and promise to take a bump pic and update the fb page

@gentlelunette: I saw the rando on fb and wondered if anyone else saw it.....I see it's already been "handled" but I agree with everyone else, that deleting her is fine and making it secret or whatever is cool too. THanks again for taking the lead on the fb group!

I think it might be time for a roll call??? Anyone else think so??? I'll think up some questions to post if there's any interest?????????

35. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@Ajsmommy: YES, roll call.

36. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@Ajsmommy: yes, roll call time!

37. Ajsmommy

pomegranate / 3355 posts

Ok, since there is overwhelming interest in a roll call here we go

How many weeks are you now?

What is your occupation? Do you like it? how did you get there?

Name of this LO (if you have it picked and if you are sharing).. yes this was asked before?

Since most of us are pre existing moms, what are the age(s) of your current kiddos?

Do you have a birth plan? if so what is it? If not will you make one?

Any updates on nursery's??

What do you plan to do the SAME with this one as you did with prior LO's?

What do you plan to do DIFFERENTLY with this one than you did with prior LO's?

Will you dress up for Halloween? What will you be?

38. Ajsmommy

pomegranate / 3355 posts

How many weeks are you now? 19wks

What is your occupation? Do you like it? how did you get there?
    I am a risk liability adjuster. I like what I do, I don't like that the company I work for notoriously overworks their people. I'm all about working hard but sometimes it's absurd. I started with this company right out of college bc they told me I could live where I wanted to move (va/md/dc). I worked my way up and then transferred to this dept. Been here for 14 yrs, with the company for 17

Name of this LO (if you have it picked and if you are sharing).. yes this was asked before?
    Tyler Thomas

Since most of us are pre existing moms, what are the age(s) of your current kiddos?
    DD will be 3 in November, and 3y3m when DS is born

Do you have a birth plan? if so what is it? If not will you make one?
    No. My plan is to get the baby out and have both myself and baby be healthy

Any updates on nursery's??
    Nope... I'm feeling overwhelmed with stuff I have to "plan" right now. DD's 3rd bday, Thanksgiving, Christmas, DD's big girl room and nursery!!! ahhhhhh

What do you plan to do the SAME with this one as you did with prior LO's?
    A lot, really hoping DS has the same temperament as DD. She was such an easy baby and easy kid!!!! I'm afraid that DS will be a little hellion though.... I plan to nurse DS, I plan to do BLW starting at 6 mos, DS will go to the same daycare as DD, plan to use the rnp for the first few weeks/month or so and then transition to crib....

What do you plan to do DIFFERENTLY with this one than you did with prior LO's?
    I hope to not be sooo over protective...?? I dont' think that's the word. What I mean is that I plan to let DH do a LOT more than I did the first time. DH is great with DD BUT I have created a serious mama's girl. I did and do all the night time wake up, I plan to NOT do that with DS. I do bathtime and bedtime every single night and I feed her dinner every night... I basically just plan to have DH do more (now to just get him on board ) although I think now with 2 kids it'll be inevitable.

Will you dress up for Halloween? What will you be?
    Yes, I am going to be a gumball machine

39. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

How many weeks are you now? 19 +1

What is your occupation? Do you like it? how did you get there? Technically I'm a graphic designer, but since I work for a small company, I also manage marketing, and now manage our catalog company which includes purchasing, sales, etc. I like it but wish I did more design work. I have a BA in fine art / graphic design. Been here for 9 years now, my 3rd job post-college.

Name of this LO (if you have it picked and if you are sharing).. I think a girl will be Emma, I love Kylan for a boy but not sure if DH will go with it, so boy names are in the air yet.

Since most of us are pre existing moms, what are the age(s) of your current kiddos? Ethan is 22 months.

Do you have a birth plan? if so what is it? If not will you make one? Not really, I do plan on an epidural again.

Any updates on nursery's? Ha, nope. Still have to go pick up the toddler bed. Waiting to find out gender before I do much else (one week!).

What do you plan to do the SAME with this one as you did with prior LO's? Hopefully breastfeed to 1 year + again.

What do you plan to do DIFFERENTLY with this one than you did with prior LO's? NOT end up with a cosleeper somehow? Sleep train sooner, crib sooner, night-wean sooner. Can you tell DS is not a good sleeper?

Will you dress up for Halloween? What will you be? Nope. Still need to figure out DS's costume.

40. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

How many weeks are you now? 20 weeks today!

What is your occupation? Do you like it? how did you get there? I am an accountant for a fairly large CPA firm and do audits of mainly not-for-profit organizations. I kind of like it, but am getting burnt out by the hours over tax season. I've stuck it out because of the doctor appointments needed for IVF (since I have built up vacation). They also provide STD, so I was hoping to be able to use that. My hope is to find something new within a year of having this baby.

Name of this LO (if you have it picked and if you are sharing).. yes this was asked before? No names picked out (team green). I have a list, but DH won't share his with me yet! I think that he just doesn't have a list and is being stubborn. lol

Since most of us are pre existing moms, what are the age(s) of your current kiddos? DD turned 4 in June.

Do you have a birth plan? if so what is it? If not will you make one? Still trying to determine this. I had an unwanted c section with DD, so was hoping for a VBAC this time around. However, I am scared of going through 2 days of labor and ending up with a c section (like with DD), so I'm on the fence. I've actually been leaning towards a repeat c section the past few days.

Any updates on nursery's?? We still have a lot to do. We only have 2 bedrooms on our main level and DD's bedroom is too small to share, so she will be going to a new room in the basement. It is not ideal; however, it is really our only option. So, we are trying to make that special for her and I'm planning on keeping a video monitor in her room. As far the nursery, once DD moves downstairs, we need to repaint it and I want to stencil one whole wall. I've redone DD's old dresser and bookcase/changing table, so those are ready to go for the new baby. I will also be making matching crib sheet, changing pad sheet and boppy cover. I'm hoping to do those next week. DH went back to school for his MBA, so I've actually been able to do a lot at night while he is doing school work.

What do you plan to do the SAME with this one as you did with prior LO's? Put the baby in his/her room and crib within the first few weeks, stick to a strict bedtime schedule/routine, nursing or pumping until at least a year.

What do you plan to do DIFFERENTLY with this one than you did with prior LO's? I hope that this baby has a much better temperament than what DD was when she was a baby. DD would not sleep/nap to save her life, so we had the most cranky and crabby baby in the evenings. The witching hour was a big deal, but once we got a swing and she napped during the day, it was much better. I bought a solly wrap to hopefully help her sleep when I'm wearing her and will be purchasing a Lillebaby carrier as well. It's going to be a whole new ballgame with 2, but at least DD will be old enough to be an awesome helper.

Will you dress up for Halloween? What will you be? I have no plans to dressup, but should probably think of something since I know DD would love it if I did dress up.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee