Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2017 moms!

1. nana87

cantaloupe / 6171 posts

@gentlelunette: definitely better than last night! It was basically a 2 hour period of cramps, and I think a few contractions. Lo1 was up in the middle of the night though so I didn't get much sleep so I still feel pretty crummy. Dh just took her to a museum so I have maybe 2 hours of down time now to try to relax! I have some work reading to do, going to crawl back in bed and either work or nap now

2. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@nana87: Nap! Always nap! Lol. Hope you get some decent rest. Baby might be coming sooner than you think

3. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

Add me to the painful crampy contraction club. No pattern or anything, just ouch. It's probably not a coincidence that it's happening to me in the afternoons and evenings...I've been feeling over it for a while but at 37 weeks tomorrow I am really starting to struggle to do just about everything.

4. Ajsmommy

pomegranate / 3355 posts

@nana87: @gentlelunette: @gilmoregirl: you guys jinxed me!! All day yesterday and today I've had pressure and cramping. I'm only 34 wks though so I'm attributing it to dtd

In other news I made some necessity purchases this weekend....huge pads, tucks, stool.softener.... How fun!!

And dh finally moved the furniture sooo now I'm full on nesting mode. Will post pics soon

5. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@Ajsmommy: lol! I got a giant box delivered the other day with all of my postpartum essentials. Depends, big pads, tucks pads... lots of fun stuff!

6. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@Ajsmommy: yeahhhh furniture moved! I did a ton of organizing this weekend and it felt so good to finally get things in decent shape.

@gentlelunette: @Ajsmommy: I finally ordered my stuff today. I have to call to order my pump this week and the. I think I am more or less done!

7. Ajsmommy

pomegranate / 3355 posts

I'm trying to remember what I needed for a newborn and I'm pulling a blank.... I just ordered some hooded bath towels for boys bc all I have are pink.... Poor #2... I feel like although I'm more prepared, I'm not.

8. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

So this weekend I finally got my act together and packed my hospital bag.
    I can definitely join the BH clubs too. Usually it's in the late afternoon and early evening for me too. Never had as many with my first two so definitely a new experience.
    Had an appointment (my last!) at the MFM today and babies measured well. They definitely aren't growing as much anymore as a singleton does but that's to be expected. They measured around 5lbs 3oz and 5lbs 8oz. We booked the induction for 2/2. Both are still head down and in favorable positions so hopefully we can avoid the c-section. Doc would like to see us make it one more week so twin A can gain past the 2,500g (~5lbs 8oz) threshold too. Other than that all looks perfectly normal. Oh and funny story, we were checking baby boy's kidneys because they are still measuring minimally large and were talking about how we'll have to keep an eye on whether he urinates properly which he then proceeded to show us on the u/s 🤣 So he'll still get an u/s after birth but it's highly unlikely that there'll be anything wrong.

9. MrsA

apricot / 444 posts

I'm with you all on the BH but the pressure is crazy sometimes! I really don't know if I just don't remember it from before or if it's different.

As a second time mom I should know what to pack in a hospital bag! But I was distracted while doing it and just tossed a bunch of stuff in. What are you packing?

10. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@MrsA: I packed PJs, yoga pants, demi panel maternity jeans for "go home day", nursing bras and tanks, underwear, socks, tops, go home outfits for the babies, their hats, blankets and stuffed animals. Then some bread and snacks (I am a celiac and it always takes awhile for the hospital to get that sorted). I also tossed some travel sized shampoo, shower gel, toothpaste, deodorant etc. into it and will have to add my toothbrush on the day of. I'll also bring my phone charger then. I think that's it.

11. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

I didn't even think about a hospital bag yet! I am convinced I'm going late (I'd prefer it, actually), so I'm hoping to save that for later. Maybe I'll make a list though.

I am searching for a "Big Brother" shirt for my son after impulse buying "Little Brother" jammies on clearance this morning. I can't find anything I like!. I have a tshirt in my cart at Macy's but shipping is more than the shirt...so nope. Priorities, obviously.

We're all getting so close! Exciting!

12. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

More BH Friday after a couple hours shopping.. apparently I can't do that much walking anymore as they were getting slightly painful in Walmart. Eek.
    I did bring them up to my OB and she said more than 6-8/ hour and painful to call. She also said quite often 2nd time mom's notice them more.
    My actual OB (who is on maternity) had made a note that she could induce the 19th or 25th if I haven't gone already, not making any decisions yet but it would be nice to have a date set. I don't see her until the 17th at 39+2.

I have my prescription for my pump so will pick that up before my next appt. the 27th. Medela is all that is offered.
    Still need to get all that 'fun stuff' like pads and witch hazel though. Started baby laundry this morning. Do still need to pack a bag, but I should have at least 2 weeks yet. 35 weeks on Wednesday.

@Pumuckl: Glad baby boy decided to pee on the U/S and relieve that worry!
    @MrsA: I will pack a robe, comfy socks, sweats, nursing bra/tank, make-up, shampoo/conditioner/mousse, toothpaste/brush, kindle + charger, camera for me. Nursing pillow, blanket, going home outfit for dd. Can I pack DS too?

What's everyone bringing for going-home outfits? I have a personalized onesie but not sure if I should pair with baby jeggings or just a sleeper.
    I should get the diaper bag packed for DD, I don't use it with DS anymore...

13. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@gilmoregirl: If you can't find anything on Carter's etc. you like have you tried etsy? They had some really cute German options so I bet there should be English ones as well.

14. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@josina: I have a set of onesie plus armless but footed sleeper (not a style I have ever seen in the US) for each of them. Since they don't exactly measure large I actually ordered something in preemie size today just to be sure.

15. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

I'm so sorry ladies that I haven't been able to keep up! I am a CPA and have a crazy schedule now that tax season is starting. All my clients wanted to move up their work to when I'm here. oy! and then DD now has a double ear infection.

I give you ladies props for DTD! It's been awhile for us too and I want to, but am afraid to jump start anything. Between that and I've been sleeping downstairs because I snore too much for DH. I'll have to try before my cesearan since I know it will be awhile after we have the baby! poor guys!

I didn't feel like I did much this weekend. Both DD and I were complete lumps on Saturday and watched cartoons all morning. But, I did get some organizing in our basement completed yesterday. I think that I was on my feet too much, though, and was up from 10:30 - 3:30am last night. fun times...

@josina: For going home outfit, I am just bringing a few pajamas that DD had. I do have an unused Carter's outfit if we have a boy. Other than that, I have brand new swaddles for each sex and bought super cute headbands if we have a girl. I live in northern MN, so who is even going to see their outfit?! lol

16. Ajsmommy

pomegranate / 3355 posts

Hey--lets do a new roll call and update our due dates/induction dates/birth dates as some are changing or have changed...

DUE DATE/INDUCTION DATE/BIRTH DATE:

Who has the going home outfit picked out? what is it? (bonus points for pictures)

Anyone have the car seat for new LO(s) installed yet?

Hospital bags? Packed yet? what(s) in it or will be in it?

What are you most looking forward to?

Any final purchases you are eyeing or waiting to buy at this point?

How are you feeling in general? Has this pregnancy been easier/more difficult than others?

Is this baby more or less active than prior babies?

Random.. what is your DOB? and your zodiac sign??

17. Ajsmommy

pomegranate / 3355 posts

DUE DATE/INDUCTION DATE/BIRTH DATE: induction set to begin 2.16.17

Who has the going home outfit picked out? what is it? (bonus points for pictures) I have a few things laid out.. don't have one specific picked out like I did w DD

Anyone have the car seat for new LO(s) installed yet? Nope... I'm sure this won't happen until DH comes to pick us up to go home but DH is a pro and installing car seats so it won't take him long

Hospital bags? Packed yet? what(s) in it or will be in it? Not packed.. I've been thinking about it though. I'll pack tanks, yoga pants, granny panties (ick), athletic shorts, zip up hoodie, baby outfits (2), baby hat, baby blanket, toiletries for me (shampoo/conditioner/lotion/pared down make up+hair stuff), cell phone charger, book

What are you most looking forward to? DD meeting DS

Any final purchases you are eyeing or waiting to buy at this point? Nope, just made my final purchases this past weekend. Some wall décor for the nursery, some blue bath towels, a mobile....

How are you feeling in general? Has this pregnancy been easier/more difficult than others? I'm feeling good actually. Having some pressure and pains but not too bad. I feel like this pregnancy has been very similar to DD's. Luckily, pretty easy (even with the high bp issues and GD)

Is this baby more or less active than prior babies? This one is wayyy more active than DD... at least from what I can remember. Kinda worries me. Anyone buy into a more active baby in utero is more active/harder once born???

3/31
    Aries.. through and through baby!! LOL

18. nana87

cantaloupe / 6171 posts

yay roll call! thanks @Ajsmommy:

DUE DATE/INDUCTION DATE/BIRTH DATE: edd: 2/6

Who has the going home outfit picked out? what is it? (bonus points for pictures): I've packed a couple outfits--a cute sleeper, and a "little sister" onesie from etsy. I have a fleece bunting with bear ears that she'll wear over it. I can never get enough of little hats or hoods with ears, lol

Anyone have the car seat for new LO(s) installed yet? no, it's driving me crazy that dh hasn't done it yet, haha. the base is so easy to install, but dh has to move lo1's seat as well (from middle seat to behind driver) bc our car is really small and the backseat is tight. we might not even be using our own car to get home though--uber/taxi might be easier, but still. get on it, dh!

Hospital bags? Packed yet? what(s) in it or will be in it? like, half-packed! I actually packed 2 small bags--one for baby, that we can have someone bring after birth that has some clothes, blankets, hats, etc, and one for me-- I still need to put some nursing shirts, open sweaters, and comfy leggings in for me, but I keep wearing them so haven't packed them yet. Also will need to throw in some more toiletries that I use day to day. But I've packed little massagers to use during labor, some nursing stuff (lanolin, nursing pads, soothies, a nursing pillow), nursing bras, fuzzy socks, big underwear, extra phone charger, hospital forms... Dh will have to deal with his stuff on his own, I'm not nagging him to pack a bag.

What are you most looking forward to? seeing my girls meet!

Any final purchases you are eyeing or waiting to buy at this point? we still need to get a double stroller. I'm just still not sure which one...

How are you feeling in general? Has this pregnancy been easier/more difficult than others? Overall this pregnancy has been easier, especially early on, though I'm getting a lot more uncomfortable now than I was at the end of lo1's. Like I never felt bh before the last couple weeks, and I don't remember having this kind hip/pelvis/pubic/lower back stiffness/pain/pressure/cramping--I think I was just tired last time.

Is this baby more or less active than prior babies? More active--last time I had low fluid and I don't remember being able to actually feel feet the way I do now. But lo1 had more hiccups, which were adorable.

Random.. what is your DOB? and your zodiac sign?? 1/10--my bday was last week So capricorn--I can be pretty stubborn, hahah

19. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@Ajsmommy: Yay for rollcall!

DUE DATE/INDUCTION DATE/BIRTH DATE:

Who has the going home outfit picked out? what is it? A onesie I made that says 'Hi! I'm Emmalyn' with jean leggings from Old Navy - tentatively. Looking at cute legging/headband sets on Etsy.

Anyone have the car seat for new LO(s) installed yet? Not installed. Just got new straps installed (ours had gotten moldy in storage) and got the cover washed.

Hospital bags? Packed yet? what(s) in it or will be in it?
    Nope. Pasted from above: robe, comfy socks, sweats, nursing bra/tank, make-up, shampoo/conditioner/mousse, toothpaste/brush, kindle + charger, camera for me. Nursing pillow, blanket, going home outfit + sleeper for dd.

What are you most looking forward to? So excited to meet/see/hold baby girl!

Any final purchases you are eyeing or waiting to buy at this point? I have a Target cart ready with my essentials, witch hazel pads, pads, nursing bra, and breast pads. Baby girl should be good to go unless I find the must-have legging/headband set.

How are you feeling in general? Has this pregnancy been easier/more difficult than others? Feeling great yet, acid reflux seems to have lessened. Never noticed BH with DS, so that is the biggest difference.

Is this baby more or less active than prior babies? Same I think although I think she's more active during the day and DS was pretty active at night yet, so hopefully that means she'll be a good sleeper! DS was awful.

1-26-84, 33 next week. Aquarius.

20. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

Yay! Roll call! We're getting so close!

DUE DATE/INDUCTION DATE/BIRTH DATE: February 14.

Who has the going home outfit picked out? what is it? I picked it out awhile ago. It's this adorable little quilted sleeper (it's chilly here!) picture attached

Anyone have the car seat for new LO(s) installed yet? Not yet. My car is a mess, so I really have to clean it out before we install the car seat. Maybe this weekend!

Hospital bags? Packed yet? what(s) in it or will be in it? Haven't packed yet. My midwife gave me a list of things to pack today, so now I have a framework and can just toss it all in a bag. I also need to pack an overnight bag for DD1!

What are you most looking forward to? Newborn snuggles and seeing my two girls together. My heart practically explodes when I think about it.

Any final purchases you are eyeing or waiting to buy at this point? I'm considering buying a Rock n' Play but I think I might just see how babe does with the bassinet before buying.

How are you feeling in general? Has this pregnancy been easier/more difficult than others? I'm feeling... okay. I'm so tired and my heartburn is just off the charts at times, but overall my body feels better than with DD1. My hips and back aren't nearly as painful as they were by this stage last time, so that's good, I guess!

Is this baby more or less active than prior babies? About the same. DD1 was pretty active and I'd say this baby is too. this baby gets hiccups more often!

Random.. what is your DOB? and your zodiac sign?? July 26... I'm a Leo!

21. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

DUE DATE/INDUCTION DATE/BIRTH DATE: Due Date is still 2/16, induction is scheduled for 2/2

Who has the going home outfit picked out? what is it? (bonus points for pictures) It is picked but we'll have to see if it fits, should be getting the preemie outfits in a couple of days.

Anyone have the car seat for new LO(s) installed yet? No, but we did buy an additional one

Hospital bags? Packed yet? what(s) in it or will be in it? Yep, just need to add the stuff that I use now. Contents are listed above.

What are you most looking forward to? Not being pregnant anymore. I have to pass up on so many things with my older two and it really sucks. Oh and not being asked multiple times a day by my 3 year old when the babies are coming out...

Any final purchases you are eyeing or waiting to buy at this point? We have pretty much everything now will probably need one or two hats/bonnets for the two but that's it.

How are you feeling in general? Has this pregnancy been easier/more difficult than others? Generally I am pretty done with this pregnancy while at the same time being scared s***less of the birth. Pregnancy is more difficult because it is just so much weight I am carrying around and then the preterm labor scare...

Is this baby more or less active than prior babies? About the same I'd say, but it's hard to compare the giant octopus 🐙 in there with a singleton.

Random.. what is your DOB? and your zodiac sign?? August, so leo

22. Beehive

nectarine / 2054 posts

DUE DATE/INDUCTION DATE/BIRTH DATE: Due Date is 2/5

Who has the going home outfit picked out? what is it? (bonus points for pictures) We do have an outfit ready to go - it's a onesie with little pants and a tiny cardigan

Anyone have the car seat for new LO(s) installed yet? We don't have a car (NYC), but we do have the carseat ready to be buckled into a taxi!

Hospital bags? Packed yet? what(s) in it or will be in it? Not yet, that is this week's project... the lists everyone has been posting are very helpful!

What are you most looking forward to? Finally meeting the baby! And DS meeting her too.

Any final purchases you are eyeing or waiting to buy at this point? I think we have everything we need at this point, except for little things we can pick up at the drugstore. I'm sure we will have forgotten lots of little things, though.

How are you feeling in general? Has this pregnancy been easier/more difficult than others? Feeling fine, but ready to have the baby. This pregnancy was surprisingly similar to my last one, which is good, because that one was relatively easy. A bit more tired this time, of course.

Is this baby more or less active than prior babies? Seems about the same, though it's hard to remember.

Random.. what is your DOB? and your zodiac sign?? April - I'm a taurus (have the zodiac sign dates changed recently though?)

23. MrsA

apricot / 444 posts

Yay so fun!

DUE DATE/INDUCTION DATE/BIRTH DATE: 02/05

Who has the going home outfit picked out? what is it? (bonus points for pictures) I have a NB size and a 0-3 (but I'm betting he'll fit NB). The NB one is a Baby Gap navy blue striped sleeper with matching hat. The 0-3 is a blue and orange striped sleeper with a hat. Pretty low-key.

Anyone have the car seat for new LO(s) installed yet? Ugh. Sore subject. The car seat and bases are in the garage but I was in a minor accident in our primary car yesterday and need to get it repaired. I'll have a rental for a few days I think. I guess we'll throw the car seat and base in the trunk just in case while we have the rental, then install for real in my car when it's done? Just what I didn't want to deal with this week but thankful it's not major damage and DD and I were both fine.

Hospital bags? Packed yet? what(s) in it or will be in it? Yes! I had just tossed stuff in while distracted before so I went through last night and did it for real. Robe, flip flops, yoga/lounge pants, nursing bra/tank, regular tank, toiletries, tennis balls for counter pressure (had all back labor last time and learned a lot!!), extra hair ties and headbands bc I lose them all the time, ear plugs bc DH plans to sleep there and snores like crazy. Also gummy bears for when I get snacky at night

What are you most looking forward to? Finishing work this week. Can't wait to just focus at home.

Any final purchases you are eyeing or waiting to buy at this point? I don't think so. I need to get a few things from Amazon and Target but nothing major.

How are you feeling in general? Has this pregnancy been easier/more difficult than others? I'm feeling done. Baby boy is very low and seems to enjoy head butting my cervix and bottom, which isn't really comfortable. I'm so much more tired this time around also, but I know more fatigue is on the way so we're dealing.

Is this baby more or less active than prior babies? He's pretty active, but I don't really remember how DD was so I can't compare very well!

Random.. what is your DOB? and your zodiac sign?? December, I'm a Sagittarius.

24. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@MrsA: oh no! So glad you and LO are okay! I had an accident my last pregnancy on my last day of work at 37 weeks. It was so stressful. We installed the car seat base in the rental, but I think that was mostly due to first time parents being overly prepared. LOL! This time around, we know we can pretty easily install it in a pinch.

25. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

Here we go!

DUE DATE/INDUCTION DATE/BIRTH DATE: scheduled repeat csection - 2/14

Who has the going home outfit picked out? what is it? (bonus points for pictures). An unused carter's outfit if we have a boy (has cute whales and little pants). For a girl, just have some newborn/3 month pajamas that are cute as well. I haven't purchased anything special.

Anyone have the car seat for new LO(s) installed yet? We had the base installed and then I needed to drive two coworkers to a client, so we took it out. It's currently in the back of our car, but I'm not worried since DH can easily install it. We just need to put the carseat back there as well so that we have that.

Hospital bags? Packed yet? what(s) in it or will be in it? Partially packed: snacks, pineapple juice (i read that it brings milk in faster?), baby stuff (swaddles, blue and pink knitted hats, pacifiers, etc.), nipple cream, nursing pads, an outfit for each of us for hospital pics. I still have to pack most of my clothes, but it's hard since I know that I'll use those items right up until the end. But, I do have a list to go from, so it should be fairly easy to finish packing. DH is on his own!

What are you most looking forward to? DD meeting the baby for the first time!
    Any final purchases you are eyeing or waiting to buy at this point? I still need to purchase a rug for the nursery (waiting for a better sale). I also need a changing pad and Boon lawn drying rack. I have a few other small things, but they aren't major. I'm going to wait to purchase art work/pictures for the nursery until we know boy or girl.

How are you feeling in general? Has this pregnancy been easier/more difficult than others? I'm actually feeling really good, which is about the same as I was for DD. My feet continue to be swollen, so I'm attempting to increase the water intake. Acid reflux isn't as bad now that I am avoiding chocolate (for the most part) and dairy after dinner.

Is this baby more or less active than prior babies? Seems to be moving more, but it's been close to 5 years, so I honestly don't remember.

Random.. what is your DOB? and your zodiac sign?? 5/11 - Taurus!

26. maggierose

olive / 60 posts

DUE DATE/INDUCTION DATE/BIRTH DATE: 2/7 is still the "official" due date
    Who has the going home outfit picked out? what is it? I got an adorable outfit on Etsy with onesie, pants, and bow that says something like "Hello world" it is so cute and also a cute sparkly baby sister onesie and matching shirt for big bro - not sure which will be the going home outfit but want to get lots of pics in both.
    Anyone have the car seat for new LO(s) installed yet? Going this weekend to get it professionally installed.
    Hospital bags? Packed yet? what(s) in it or will be in it? No, I have a list but haven't started packing yet. Packing light since I want to request early discharge. A nightgown/PJs, snacks, massage thingy, charger, toiletries and makeup, baby outfit, lanolin since they don't have it in the hospital and I was dying needing it last time....I think that is about it.
    What are you most looking forward to? Seeing what this labor is like and seeing baby girl for the first time.
    Any final purchases you are eyeing or waiting to buy at this point? We just got some gift cards and I have a few things on a registry I might buy but might wait on (new bottle nipples, some new sleep sacks, etc.)
    How are you feeling in general? Has this pregnancy been easier/more difficult than others? It's been almost the same as the others other than the MS at first. And I'm less active and less doing yoga now, but I feel about the exact same as I did the first time and weight gain is pretty similar.
    Is this baby more or less active than prior babies? Seems about the same.
    Random.. what is your DOB? and your zodiac sign?? Cancer!

27. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

Due Dates
    Feb 3 - WifeMama24 (#1)
    Feb 5 - MrsA (#2) ; Beehive (#2)
    Feb 6 - Gilmoregirl (#2) ; nana87 (#2)
    Feb 7 - Maggierose (#2)
    Feb 9 - deerylou (#2)
    Feb 11 - LML (#3 & #4)
    Feb 14 - gentlelunette (#2)
    Feb 14 - babybean404 (#2)
    Feb 16 - NorthStar (#2) C-Section 2/14
    Feb 16 - pumuckl (#3 & #4) Induction: 2/2
    Feb 22 - josina (#2)
    Feb 23 - Ajsmommy (#2) Induction: 2/16
    Feb 24 - Wyattnewbabysmama (#2)

Babies
    Nov - TBUZZ (#3 & #4) Nyla & Laila

28. MrsA

apricot / 444 posts

Those due dates are getting very close!!

Last big work mtg today then 37 week OB appt right after. I think she's going to check progress today.

How's everyone doing?

29. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@MrsA: Exciting! I am 35 weeks and so anxious for baby to be here (after 37 weeks of course). Excited to check progress next Friday at my 36 week appt. as last time I was 3 cm.

Feeling good, was just remembering this morning that with DS I got a bad neck/chest rash last trimester, but haven't gotten that yet, knock on wood.

Also getting nervous for delivery, since last time was an induction (took 6 hours) I'm a little nervous about a natural birth and what to do and what if it's super fast and what if I cant get an epidural and what if I tear really bad again, and of course what if something is wrong with DD. I'm sure it will all be fine - need to repeat that mantra.

30. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@MrsA: yay for work getting slower. Hope all is well at the OB appointment! Things are boring over here lots of random cramping but nothing labor like. But today is 36w so we would only need NICU time if something was wrong from here on out.
    The other day my husband checked how many people are usually in the room for a natural twin delivery and holy moly that's quite an army (2 midwives (1 for each baby), 2 docs (OB and pediatrician) and a nurse).

31. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@MrsA: Good luck at your check!

36 weeks today for me. I'm just chugging along and haven't felt much happening, which is good. I really don't want this baby to come early and have a ton to get done at work in the next 3.5 weeks. I still feel pretty good, but wish I would stop snoring at night. I would really like to sleep in the same bed as DH all night.

32. Beehive

nectarine / 2054 posts

@MrsA: It is getting so close! Work is still moderately busy for me, but I have gotten a lot done in the last week or so, including my handover note, so I feel better about that.

I got a check at my 37 week appointment a couple days ago, and nothing is going on yet. My doctor offered an induction if I reach my due date, and I'm very tempted to go for it - that would make everything much easier to plan with DS! A friend had her second 6 weeks ago, and she was induced on her due date - she got pitocin, had an epidural shortly after, and had the most wonderful, easy and pain-free labor - her story makes me very happy!

33. nana87

cantaloupe / 6171 posts

Due dates are getting SO close!! I'm 37+3 today, which is when I ended up getting induced w lo1, so after today I'll be more preggo than I've ever been without being in labor Feeling pretty good. I'm wondering if some of the lower back cramping and pressure I was feeling over the weekend might have been more related to constipation than BH--I haven't felt as bad since then, and taking some colace seems to have helped. I had my weekly appoitnment yesterday and I'm still not dilated though cervix is soft. My ob's office uses low level u/s machines at every appointment--they don't measure size or anything and "real" scans are done with the better machines at the hospital--but it meant that yesterday I got to see a HUGE kick to my placenta on the machine during my appointment, lol. My blood pressure was a little high and she wasn't worried, but I of course went home and started reading online about pre-e and getting worried--my weight also jumped in the last week (though I've still only gained about 20 lbs total) and I've been feeling some pain in my upper abdomen which are apparenty other signs, ugh...hopefully it'll be back to normal by my next appointment next week!

34. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@Beehive: My dr. offered induction too, either the 19th or 25th (due date the 22nd) If I don't go by my due date I think I'll take the 25th, it was sooo easy last time. We'll see how I feel at my 29 week appt. though, the 17th, I might want this baby out!

@nana87: Sounds like you're getting close!! Hopefully the blood pressure doesn't become an issue.

35. MrsA

apricot / 444 posts

At 2.5 cm! Any day now...or not! I didn't get checked at all with DD so I have no idea if I was dilated before labor last time. We'll see!

36. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@MrsA: whoa Nellie!! Hard to believe we could be seeing these babies roll in any day now!

@nana87: let's hope your blood pressure stays in check. Mine was much lower than usual at my appointment the other day and got a bit worried. I've been feeling really nauseous and lightheaded if I'm not constantly eating, so maybe that had something to do with it.

I'm feeling... okay, I guess. I'm getting a lot of pressure and sharp pains in my cervix that I think is probably just baby punching or headbutting me. Lol. Still getting periodic BH, mostly at night, but they seem to be getting stronger. There's been an outbreak of norovirus at my daughter's home daycare so she's been home with me (not sick) for the last two days. I'm so exhausted from chasing her around and also praying we don't come down with this bug with only 3.5 weeks until my due date!

37. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@gentlelunette: my BH have gotten a lot stronger too but no labor like contractions yet.

I'm pretty miserable since everything is just so uncomfortable. I am so ready to be done.
    Has anyone else's sleep reached havoc? I have been sleeping terribly for weeks now. I don't go to bed before midnight and then maybe sleep until 4am (if it's a good night) and then I am awake for at least an hour, sometimes two until I finally fall back asleep again. Crazy hormones...

38. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@Pumuckl: I'm right there with you. Im so irritable and grouchy and just want this baby out! I can't imagine having two in there... seriously. I'm hungry all the time, but if I eat, my heartburn kills me for the rest of the day. I'm not sleeping well either. I get more sleep than it sounds you do, but not much! Thank goodness I'm off work, or I'd probably snap. Lol.

39. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

So I am now on the other side. Today (1/22/17) around noon I birthed baby girl F and baby boy J. I'll have to fully write up their birthstory another time but the short version is that my water broke while on a late night bathroom break (~4:30am). Went to the hospital immediately since it was pretty bloody and while I was having contractions they were too far apart for their liking so they hooked me up on picotin on the lowest setting at a little before noon. No 30min later both babies were born. There's only 4 minutes between F and J's birthtimes so it was really quick. So I got my painmed free natural/vaginal twin birth. Babies are small J is 5lbs 4oz, 18.5in and F is 5lbs 9oz, 19.25in but healthy and have both breastfed already. They are staying in the room with me ❤.

40. nana87

cantaloupe / 6171 posts

@Pumuckl: oh my goodness congratulations mama!!!!!! And I'm no expert but those are amazing stats for twins I think--lo1 was only slightly bigger as a singleton born at 37.5 weeks. That's wonderful that you were able to get the birth you wanted. I hope you can get some rest now!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee