3. nana87

cantaloupe / 6171 posts

@MrsA: @josina: thanks!

4. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@Cowandpig: Oh no, so sad to hear that!

5. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@nana87: yay, for a good appointment! My EDD was always pushed back by 4 days (and that was never the time those children were conceived). So if the the doc isn't worried you shouldn't be worried either!

6. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@MaryM: Good luck at your appointment today. I really hope for you that the doc turns out to be great!

7. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

There was a heartbeat!

My uterus is tilted, so he couldn't get a good picture/measurement. I go back in a couple weeks for a follow up and the blood genetic test.

This doctor believes in "therapeutic" ultrasounds and said to just call if I ever get too anxious and just need to look. He'll see me as often as I want to be seen

He said around 20 weeks he'll start seeing me weekly (Gigi passed at 22)

He spent an hour talking to us before the US. I think he might be my new best friend

8. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@MaryM: aww, yay for such a good appointment, and great dr.!

9. mrsjd

clementine / 777 posts

@MaryM: What a wonderful doctor and fantastic news!!!!

10. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

Although it's still a little scary, I went ahead and told a few more people today.

My mom wanted to tell her church friends so they could pray for us. And my dad's cousin is visiting her, so she wanted to tell her (which meant I had to tell my godmother, who is also part of that side of the family)

And I figured if she (a second cousin) knew, I should tell my own cousin and aunt, which meant telling my sister.

Then I realized my SIL hadn't told my brother yet so I told her she better since everyone else knew.

I was surprised when she told me last week that she hadn't told him! Do you ever not tell your spouse when you find out people are pregnant? lol

But I'm also realizing, this is my best pregnancy so far. We found out our first one passed around 5 weeks at our 8 week US. And by the 8 week appointment with Gigi, I was spotting with a SCH (that later went away).

11. nana87

cantaloupe / 6171 posts

@MaryM: I'm so glad that your appointment went so well and that the new ob is so wonderful! And how fun to tell people! We've still only told a handful of people but I'm looking forward to telling more people, it makes it feel so much more real!

12. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@MaryM: Your new best friend sounds amazing. I'm glad he is a great match. And love that he'll see you as often you like and even more often after 20w.

@nana87: yeah telling people somehow does make it more real and makes it feel like a little burden is lifted.

13. Ajsmommy

pomegranate / 3355 posts

@MaryM: so so happy your apt went well!!

14. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

I just realized we did the math wrong when I scheduled my followup and it's a week too early to do the genetic testing.

So now, do I move the whole appointment a week? Or do I go ahead and keep the appointment next week for an US and then go back the following week for blood testing? AGH! I hate making decisions!

And they should never rely on pregnant people to do math...

15. Ajsmommy

pomegranate / 3355 posts

So I was going to wait a while to join just bc I'm nervous but I decided to buck up and just do it! The support you get from these boards is awesome so here I am!

EDD: 2/23

How far along: 5w4d

First child? no, have a 2.5 yo DD

First doctor appointment: 7/14

Any symptoms so far? Mild cramping and bloating

Who have you told? HB 6+ board, in laws, my mom, a few close friends who were supportive during our fertility struggles

Here's hoping for happy and healthy pregnancies for us all!!!

16. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@Ajsmommy:

I didn't realize we were in the same area

17. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@MaryM: I hear you on the pregnancy brain... I'd do next week and the week after Then when you feel like it you can get checked out via u/s again. If you don't have the time though I'd reschedule both to a week later.

18. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@Ajsmommy: Yay, congratulations! So so happy to see you here too!

19. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@Pumuckl: My boss has been pretty flexible with working from home and flexing time. I think I'll probably end up telling her sooner than later about why I have so m any appointments (I also have blood draws every other week to monitor progesterone).

I think once I explain that I'm pregnant and how little sick time I have left after our stillbirth last year (she didn't work here then), then she'll probably be rather flexible. I'm hoping I can get by without having to take too much actual time off.

Our "maternity leave" is only paid if you have sick and vacation time to cover it. I'll probably have 2 months of vacation by then, but I only have like a week and a half of sick leave.

20. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@MaryM: Glad you have a great boss! Yeah I would think anybody that isn't a complete jerk will understand and let you use as less sick time as possible.
    Motherhood and maternity leave policies here are strictly regulated and protected (you cannot be laid off while pregnant etc., all appointments due to maternal care are to be granted by the employer and you're even not allowed to be forced to work the additional time it takes to attend them etc).

21. Ajsmommy

pomegranate / 3355 posts

@MaryM: I'd keep next week AND make one for the following week

22. Ajsmommy

pomegranate / 3355 posts

@MaryM: yes, same area

23. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@Pumuckl: It's protected here too, but getting paid for it is a totally other story.

I was talking to my boss about some possible changes to maternity leave coming up. It was exciting for a minute. Until she said they're likely to be enforced in 2018.

@Ajsmommy: I think I'll probably keep the earlier appointment. And maybe see if I can get a labcorp order for the genetic testing or if it has to be done in house. I have to have blood drawn the following week anyway for my progesterone monitoring (different doctor), so it'd be good to combine visits.

24. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@Ajsmommy: Congrats!
    @MaryM: Hopefully you're boss is flexible for you. And sucks that the maternity policy won't go in till 2018! Darnit.

I'll only get 6 weeks off paid through STD, anymore than comes out of my 3 weeks PTO. Not great.

How is everyone doing with symptoms? I am soooo tired lately. Feeling slightly nauseous today.

25. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@josina: My reflux is out of control today. Of course I forgot to throw zantac in my purse this morning.

26. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@josina: today was probably my worst pregnant day ever. I was severely tired and nauseous. Not fun...

@MaryM: the US maternity leave policies are so outdated . We get full pay (and don't work) for the 6w prior to the EDD and 8w after birth. Then it's around 65% pay for another 10 months.

27. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@Pumuckl: Yeah. It really is. Some places are better than others.

The city where I work protects 16 weeks instead of just 12, but I still have to figure out how to pay for it.

28. Ajsmommy

pomegranate / 3355 posts

Is anyone still consuming caffeine at all? Or did you all cut it out 100%?

29. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@Ajsmommy: I had an aversion to coffee before I tested positive, so I've just given it up.

I'm starting to be tempted though now that the extreme sleepiness is hitting

30. Ajsmommy

pomegranate / 3355 posts

I'm trying but I can't seem to totally cut caffeine out!!! So I'm going to go with the rule that one soda a day is ok.....??? I hope!!

31. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@Ajsmommy: Yeah. I think it's all about moderation!

32. Ajsmommy

pomegranate / 3355 posts

@MaryM: YESSS!! that's exactly what I was saying to DH this morning as I fought with myself about it (prior to posting here)... LOL..

33. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@Ajsmommy: I'm still debating on this! My first pregnancy I just made sure I was under the daily 200 mg, but this time for whatever reason I feel guilty drinking caffeine at all and I'm dying it for it!

34. Ajsmommy

pomegranate / 3355 posts

@josina: oy, I had cut it out before my pregnancy with DD but after the first tri I let myself have a soda every once in a while.

I just looked it up and my soda (I usually drink one in the morning in place of coffee) has approx. 95 mg of caffeine so I am going to allow myself one a day if I want/need it!!

35. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@Ajsmommy: I would not be functioning if I cut out caffeine completely. I have a cup of coffee a day and sometimes a second one.

The tiredness is insane. The last two days a snuck a nap in while WAHM. I have the hardest time getting back up from it.

36. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@Pumuckl: I fell asleep when I got home at 7 and was out for a full hour!

37. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@MaryM: I may have just woken up from from a 1.5h nap... Boy... At least I can hopefully function enough in an hour when I have both kids home from daycare (it's afternoon here).

38. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@Pumuckl: @MaryM: I may have gotten caught nodding off at my desk last week. I was sooo tired and doing the head bob when a guy walked in the front door. Just hoping I was 'awake' before he saw me!

39. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

I'm working in our president's office this morning and their reception chairs are SO comfy. It's going to be a dangerous morning!

It's probably a good thing I don't work near here. It would make naps so tempting

40. nana87

cantaloupe / 6171 posts

I definitely still drink caffeine! My dr says 1 cup/day, but I think that's conservative since the rec I've seen is <200mg/day. So I try to keep myself to like 1.5/day--in the morning I have like 1/4-1/2 cup coffee, and then end up getting a small coffee or tea in pm. With lo, I had an aversion to coffee immediately, but this time I want it and def need it, especially depending on toddler wake ups!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee