Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2017 moms!

1. nana87

cantaloupe / 6171 posts

Thanks all for the well wishes! baby Eleanor joined us last night, 7lbs 2 oz 21 in and perfect! Turns out the cord was wrapped around her neck which was why she wasn't positioning for labor on her own, so the induction was definitely the right call-- I most likely would have had to be induced later anyway and she just would have been bigger. Nursing is going really well so far and she's been really alert but calm. Big sister is coming to the hospital this afternoon for the big introduction and then we should be headed home tomorrow.

2. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@nana87: Congrats! Sorry it was such a long induction but glad you were able to get some rest and a good outcome, and that you can feel good about your decision to induce!

3. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

Due Dates
    Feb 3 - WifeMama24 (#1)
    Feb 9 - deerylou (#2)
    Feb 11 - LML (#3 & #4)
    Feb 14 - gentlelunette (#2)
    Feb 22 - josina (#2)
    Feb 23 - Ajsmommy (#2) Induction: 2/16

Babies
    Nov - TBUZZ (#3 & #4) Nyla & Laila
    Jan 22 - pumuckl (#3 & #4) J F
    Jan 28 - babybean404 (#2)
    Jan 29 - MrsA (#2) C
    Feb 1 - Beehive (#2)
    Feb 4 - Wyattnewbabysmama (#2)
    Feb 9 - Maggierose (#2)
    Feb 10 - Gilmoregirl (#2) T
    Feb 13 - nana87 (#2) Eleanor
    Feb 14 - NorthStar (#2)

4. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@gentlelunette: Hanging in there still? Wondering if the sweep made anything start for you?!
    Not many of us left!

5. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@nana87: Congratulations!! So glad the induction went well me that she's nursing well! I love her name 😍 Hope the meeting with big sister goes well!

@josina: no baby yet! IVe been losing a ton of plug today and it's been pinkish, so the sweep did something, I guess. Very slight back cramps but nothing timetable or super significant. I wouldn't be surprised if labour started tonight. OR not. I've been thinking that for days! Hahaha.

6. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@gentlelunette: Hopefully, sounds promising!
    I was sure I was going into labor Friday night, lol. Nope.

7. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@nana87: congratulations! Hope the meeting is good and you're all home soon. Sounds like you made the right choice; I'm glad everything went well.

@gentlelunette: pinkish discharge has been a clear sign for me both times. Hope something gets started for you soon

8. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@Ajsmommy: you're getting so close!! How are you feeling?

9. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@josina: lol. It's so funny. I've had so many more "signs" this time than with my first that have been sompletely meaningless!

@gilmoregirl: I'm thinking it's got to be something, but only time will tell! Given that I'm more dilated now than I was after 26 hours with DD1, I'm a bit nervous that when it does happen it's going to happen quickly!

10. Beehive

nectarine / 2054 posts

@nana87: Congratulations!! I love her name. I hope the meeting goes well today.

11. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@gentlelunette: well if nothing else, I bet it's pretty soon eve if that's a few more days. I was totally expecting things to go faster this time...but not really. My contractions started and stopped so many times that I was afraid they'd send me home when I went to labor and delivered (they didn't - I was a 5 and apparently my water broke and I didn't know it). Anyway, fingers crossed for you. These last days are a struggle.

12. Ajsmommy

pomegranate / 3355 posts

@nana87: congrats!!! I love seeing all the babies that have been born! I knew they'd all come at once.

I have one more day at work tomorrow. I think I'll actually be able to.get most everything in order. Then Thursday I'll call the hospital to see when they can take me in. We might keep dd home with us until we go in.... I'm hoping they can get me in early! If not I'll.just be sitting at home using a maternity day for nothing

13. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

Sorry, ladies! Busy day! I'll try to catch up tomorrow, but Baby boy W was born this morning and is healthy. 8lbs 4oz and 20 inches long. Glad I didn't wait to have him later!

14. Ajsmommy

pomegranate / 3355 posts

@NorthStar: yessssss!!! Hope all is going well

15. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@NorthStar: @nana87: Congratulations ladies! So glad all went well for both of you.

16. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

Update from me... started having early labour contractions around 8pm last night. They were consistent and strong for a few hours so we went to the hospital, but they got progressively farther apart and less intense despite hours of walking. Boo. We went home to get some sleep. I'm still having them but they're moderate and erratic and I was able to sleep through them for a few hours. This is exactly how my labour was with my first. I'm discouraged and annoyed that my body doesn't do labour in a normal, predictable fashion, but I know she'll be here eventually. Sort of hoping my water will just break and things will jump start like it did last time. I'll update as I can!

17. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@NorthStar: congratulations! Can't wait to hear more.

18. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@gentlelunette: oh man, so frustrating. That's approximately what my labor was like this time, and I was totally expecting one of those "second baby comes faster" experiences. Good luck! I hope things pick up for you soon.

19. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@gentlelunette: Bummer that labor isn't progressing as fast as you like, hopefully things go better today! Baby SOON!
    @NorthStar: Congrats!

20. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

We took T to his first pediatrician appointment this morning and he was 8lb 15 oz so I am relieved to know he's doing well. I've been breaking some of the early breastfeeding rules in hopes of avoiding some of the oversupply issues I had with my first but I was nervous about overcompensating. So far so good.

Hope there is more baby news soon!

21. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@gentlelunette: good luck 🍀 hope labor starts soon.

@gilmoregirl: glad things are going well! I definitely took some things a lot more lax with BF from no. 2 on onward like block feeding from the get go.

22. Beehive

nectarine / 2054 posts

@NorthStar: Congratulations!!

23. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

Thanks for the well wishes ladies. Once we got home and had some rest and food, things got real and fast! Our sweet baby girl (J) arrived yesterday at 7:39pm... 6lb 11oz, 18in. Just a little peanut. It's probably a good thing she didnt come early! We're home already... where I live, when under the care of midwives, if there's no complications they send you home right away, so we got home at 10pm. Ha! We are both doing well. I'll post an actual birth story in a bit, and share her name on the Facebook group!

24. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@gentlelunette: congratulations!! I was hoping the quiet meant baby was here. It's so great that you guys are already home!

@Pumuckl: that's what I've been doing too though I got some pushback from nurses and LCs in the hospital. I refused to pump as well, even though they were antsy about his lazy latch. But now that I've done this before, I know how my body responds and the second time around has been much smoother. Actually, that's been true of most things.

My first was a pretty hard baby and T is so chill in comparison. I keep waiting for everything to go crazy but it is wildly different to have a baby who cries only when he needs something (as opposed to hours of unexplainable screaming from my first). Fingers crossed this keeps up.

25. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@Ajsmommy: thinking of you today! Hope you get in and everything goes well.

26. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@Ajsmommy: hoping everything goes well at your induction today!!

@gilmoregirl: thanks! I'm so glad it turned into real labour and baby girl is here. It's so surreal!

27. Ajsmommy

pomegranate / 3355 posts

@gentlelunette: congrats!!

Afm: I'm in the hospital, literally getting my iv now.

28. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@gentlelunette: Congrats! So awesome that you're able to be home already, hopefully night 1 went well!
    @Ajsmommy: Hope today goes well!

29. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

Due Dates
    Feb 3 - WifeMama24 (#1)
    Feb 9 - deerylou (#2)
    Feb 11 - LML (#3 & #4)
    Feb 22 - josina (#2)

Babies
    Nov - TBUZZ (#3 & #4) Nyla & Laila
    Jan 22 - pumuckl (#3 & #4) J F
    Jan 28 - babybean404 (#2)
    Jan 29 - MrsA (#2) C
    Feb 1 - Beehive (#2)
    Feb 4 - Wyattnewbabysmama (#2)
    Feb 9 - Maggierose (#2)
    Feb 10 - Gilmoregirl (#2) T
    Feb 13 - nana87 (#2) Eleanor
    Feb 14 - NorthStar (#2) W
    Feb 15 - gentlelunette (#2) J
    Feb 16 - Ajsmommy (#2)

30. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@Ajsmommy: hooray!!! Good luck today!

31. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@josina: how are you doing?

32. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@Ajsmommy: yay! Hope you have an easy, fast induction!

33. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@josina: how are you doing? are you thinking you'll go with the induction on the 19th?

34. Beehive

nectarine / 2054 posts

@gentlelunette: Congratulations!!

@Ajsmommy: Good luck today!! Thinking of you!

35. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@gilmoregirl: @gentlelunette: Doing good, thanks for asking. 39+1 today which is when I was induced with DS so will officially be the most pregnant I've been. Still having frequent contractions, yesterday timed them under 5 minutes apart for an hour, but never got stronger/closer. So pretty much daily that I think I'm going into labor and I'm not.

Yes, at tomorrows check-up I will schedule the induction for Sunday, baby girl is bigger than DS was, I've got to be at 4 cm at least, and I'm ready to meet her! Already told work I won't be back on Monday.

36. Ajsmommy

pomegranate / 3355 posts

No progress....been here all day and no progress I hate being induced!! (Ok that's just my frustration). But seriously....where is my easy/semi timely birth?!?!??!!!?? \£\£]^%][+|=|+{?!'Kai

37. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@Ajsmommy: oh no, sorry!

38. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@Ajsmommy: I'm sorry. That is really hard. Hope things are moving now!

39. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@Ajsmommy: oh yiiiikes, I'm so sorry. I hope things have picked up for you by now.

40. gentlelunette

kiwi / 698 posts

@Ajsmommy: thinking about you and hoping your silence means baby is here!

@josina: sounds like a good plan. How did your appointment go?

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee