Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2017 POAS

1. azjax

kiwi / 578 posts

Cycle Day: 20
    TTC Cycle: 3, coming of of a natural MC
    Ovulation Date: eh....in 4-14 days, maybe? MC was almost 3 weeks of bleeding and HCG has just dropped below the limit of Wondfo detection.
    POAS Date: 2/12ish
    Baby #: 2
    What's up this month: Getting over a drawn out, horrible MC, sinus infection, and stomach flu. 2017 has not been good to me, wah.
    For Fun: Do you and your partner celebrate Valentine's day? Any plans? We casually observe, but don't go out so as to avoid the crowds, chaos, and $$$.

2. azjax

kiwi / 578 posts

@mrskansas: at your appointment!!!

3. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

any of the more experienced ladies ever heard of spotting/bleeding from failure to ovulate?
    The more research I do, the more it sounds like what is happening to me. It makes sense: the almost positive OPK, cramping and then spotting from estrogen dropping. I wonder if the spotting will turn into a period.

4. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@mrskansas: I had some cramping and spotting during my 95 day cycle, it wasn't directly after when I thought I should have ovulated though, it was when I was expecting my period and then every 10ish days or so after that until I finally did get my period. I definitely didn't ovulate that cycle though.

5. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@snarkybiochemist: why do our bodies do this to us?? ugh

6. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@mrskansas: To make us miserable

7. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@snarkybiochemist: no shit. I am. I'm so over this. the "spotting" has picked up and sorry for the TMI but it's brown and stringy, almost (small) clots

8. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@mrskansas: I'm sorry that sounds awful. Nothing around here is particularly TMI. I hope your doctor has answers for you

9. Synchronicity

grapefruit / 4089 posts

@mrskansas: so sorry! I really hope you get some answers today.

10. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6085 posts

Jumping in so I have a place to park my crazy!

Cycle Day: 15
    TTC Cycle: first for #3
    Ovulation Date: Probably by end of week
    POAS Date: tbd usually 11 days post opk+
    Baby #: 3
    What's up this month: we're trying to keep it low key for #3 since if it doesn't happen it's ok. I'm really bad at low key though! In the past I've had 4 chemical pregnancies and done some fertility stuff (up to iui) but we're going to go the natural way this time. I'm mostly scared of getting a bfp and having another chemical or other mc.

Also today is #1's 5th bday and I like the idea of conceiving a new sibling then.

For Fun: Do you and your partner celebrate Valentine's day? Any plans? Not really but my mom is visiting that week so we may go out with the free babysitting! I want to go see hidden figures.

11. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@azjax: welcome! so sorry you went through that. I'll be rooting for you this cycle!

@bhbee: welcome! Happy 5th birthday to your LO! I'm not that good at being lowkey either, so this is my outlet. Good luck with #3!

12. TTCBee

pea / 19 posts

I'm not new just posting under a different account.

Cycle Day: 13
    TTC Cycle: Not sure. We started then stopped about a year ago. This is the first time in year so maybe #1?
    Ovulation Date: Maybe January 25
    POAS Date: I wait, so not until February 9
    Baby #: 2
    What's up this month: So much going on at work that I hope I am distracted during TWW. LO starts ballet class this weekend!

For Fun: Do you and your partner celebrate Valentine's day? Any plans? We used to go out to dinner, but now I am just happy with fancy chocolate.

13. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

So my appointment was not helpful. I have not ovulated, they saw no follicles even close to the right size, and I have "free fluid" in my uterus and cervix which is just blood, hence why I've been spotting.
    And of course I got no explanation as to why this might be happening. This isn't common for mid-cycle so I give up. I'm hoping that this bleeding just turns into a full-fledged period even though I'm only on cycle day 18.
    I don't know what my next step is supposed to be because obviously my body is completely out of whack.

14. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@madisonbee: You can remove me from the list whenever you update.
    Thanks!

15. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@mrskansas: Darn. I was hoping you'd get some clear cut answers. Are you gonna start doing the OPKs again?

16. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@madisonbee: No, I'm pretty sure it's pointless. I'm bleeding so I guess I'll start counting it as a period and just wait and see what happens over the next few weeks.

17. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@mrskansas: I'm sorry. I hope things get back to normal soon.

18. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

So I called the RE when I was on my way back to work from the ultrasound and they had me come in right away for blood work. Once they get the results, I'll go in for an appointment and go over the next steps. I'm just glad they are being proactive about it and hope I get in sooner rather than later!

19. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@mrskansas: YAY! I'm glad they're doing that and you're not left hanging.

20. Synchronicity

grapefruit / 4089 posts

@mrskansas: that is a super disappointing appointment. So glad your RE is doing further testing!

21. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@mrskansas: I'm sorry you didn't get clear answers but I am glad your RE is being proactive about everything. My anovulatory cycles my body geared up to bleed frequently and it was just awful, it never turned into a full period but I would have cramping and spotting for a few days. I wasn't seeing an RE yet so I didn't have any further ultrasounds or testing so I'm not much help on that front. This bleeding but not a period is the worst limbo to be in and really made me freak out.

22. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@snarkybiochemist: do you know if they can give any medication to "reset" a cycle or induce an actual period? I've tried doing some research but apparently this isn't super common

23. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@mrskansas: Provera is a form of progesterone that will induce a period, you take it for 10 days and then shortly after that a period starts. I don't know about inducing ovulation at this point, they might just want to induce a period.

24. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@snarkybiochemist: yeah that's what I'm thinking they will do. Thank you for the insight

25. Synchronicity

grapefruit / 4089 posts

Sending good vibes and baby dust to all of us this month!

Feb 3 - JHD
    Feb 4 - TIONN3
    Feb 5 - MADISONBEE
    Feb 7 - SYNCHRONICITY
    Feb 9 - TTCBEE
    Feb 12 - SNARKYBIOCHEMIST, AZJAX

TBD - BANANASAREYELLOW, BHBEE

26. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6085 posts

@mrskansas: ugh so sorry appointments like that are the worst. I did provera to start a period when I wasn't ovulating much and had really long cycles. I did it mainly so I could start clomid to help me ovulate.

27. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

Hi all! I almost was gonna stay away from the poas boards, I am getting a little discouraged with not being pregnant yet and trying to figure out ways to maintain sanity. It hasn't even been that long of truly trying so I feel ridiculous feeling down so fast. Anyways, I changed my mind because everyone is always so supportive and sweet and it does help. So here goes!

Cycle Day: 6
    TTC Cycle: technically 2, but we've been ntnp/pnp since my son was born 2 years ago.
    Ovulation Date:plus/minus Jan 31
    POAS Date: feb 15
    Baby #:2
    What's up this month: I said this last month but still adjusting to my son being in "school"-- Thursday is his first day that I won't be working so it's my long awaited me time! I literally can't decide what to do with myself. I also have some pto scheduled for a little staycation! Wish my husband was off too.
    For Fun: Do you and your partner celebrate Valentine's day? Any plans? Usually I make a fun yummy meal and dessert but I was planning on trying to do a mini health cleanse (like just very simple stuff, nothing major) so I have to decide if I want it to be a "cheat day" or just make an extra special delicious healthy meal! It's also the day before AF is due since I have been having 27 day cycles lately so that will be interesting

28. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

@mrskansas: frustrating what's been going on but I am glad you are getting some testing done.

29. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

@jhd: so fun heart shaped pizzas!

I want to respond to more of you all, but I keep clicking away with my fat fingers on my phone when I write anything and it's driving me crazy! Just want to say a blanket good luck, baby dust, hope this is a successful cycle for many of us. I am also impressed and think it's so cool how much a lot of you know about your bodies and conceiving. Sucks you had to get to this point, but it's still really inspiring to me. I think I get discouraged seeing all the accidental/surprise pregnancies around the boards and its silly for me to feel like that's how it is for most people. Instead I am choosing to admire the effort and heart you put into it and I just hope that it all pays off very soon for each one of you!

30. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@junebugsmama: well said! I'm glad you posted. I love this group! You gals me through my crazies. Before this board, I would roam the internet FOREVER trying to find some reassurance about my current DPO, symptoms, whatever I was going through. It was so stressful not being satisfied with answers I found! I feel more relaxed since joining here and having you ladies to talk to and share my feelings and frustrations with (even if it's only our 3rd cycle).

I'm hopeful we'll get s this month!

31. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

@madisonbee: they totally put us nurses to shame! lol

32. Properpie

coffee bean / 30 posts

Hi everyone, I'm coming over from January as spotting has become more persistent throughout the afternoon.
    Cycle Day: I'm going to say tomorrow is CD1
    TTC Cycle: 3
    Ovulation Date: ~8th
    POAS Date: realistically, I'll probably start around 18th. I'm not good at being patient. AF would be due 20th.
    Baby #: 1
    What's up this month: I'll do the same as this month, charting and OPKs. Unfortunately DH works away from home (out of state) on a regular schedule for now and potential timing doesn't look good (he'll be away CD9-15 and I usually O on CD14). So what I'm doing is probably irrelevant anyway. Trying not to be a downer. I'm even considering going back on BCP for a few weeks to try and shift my cycle to be better in line with him being at home. Also considering trying B6 supp in case my shortish 10-11 day LP is a contributing factor...
    For Fun: Do you and your partner celebrate Valentine's day? Any plans?
    No, we don't usually do anything. Maybe a nice meal in the days around it.
    Good luck to everyone

33. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@mrskansas: as a heads up my induced period was heavier and longer then a regular period is for me.

34. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@junebugsmama: I found the knowledge helpful, it also allowed me to feel comfortable seeing an RE way before the 1 year mark because I knew there was a problem. It's also great being part of this group, connecting with people in the same boat helps make things better

35. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@bhbee: I'm really hoping they do Provera/Clomid for me. What was your experience like on Clomid?

36. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6085 posts

@mrskansas: mixed results but worth trying! It did make me ovulate better, I had two chemical pregnancies on it and then my success so probably that was unrelated to meds. We tried it again for second baby and it destroyed my lining though - may have actually made it take longer to get pregnant (off clomid). So if you do it, definitely get monitored so you know what is happening! FYI, it also made my hormones a little crazy - mood swings, hot flashes, etc - but of course worth it if it works!

37. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@bhbee: Yeah I am confident that my RE would monitor me, but I have some doubts that he will even prescribe anything other than progesterone.
    I'm hoping I know more when they have my lab work results back this morning

38. bananasareyellow

cherry / 146 posts

I love how supportive this thread is! TTC is such a stressful time - I'm glad we all have somewhere to vent and root each other on. An update from me - I got this on my OPK yesterday and a temp drop today - hoping this isn't another fake-out (I had a positive OPK last week and didn't O) and my temp rises tomorrow. Any other charters in this group?

39. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@bananasareyellow: No advice on the temps, but if your body geared up to O once already and didn't, hopefully this time it's for real! That OPK looks great!

40. Synchronicity

grapefruit / 4089 posts

@bananasareyellow: nice lines! I'm charting for the first time this cycle I'm thinking that I will O today based on my OPK results. Hoping for a temp spike tomorrow!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee