Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2017 POAS

1. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

@mrskansas: oh good! I hope you feel better after sleep.

2. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

I love my period decending at 4am with all while host of miserable sumptoms. I was temping fate wearing cuteish undies to bed, thank God for peroxide and not getting anything on my white sheets

3. knittylady

pomegranate / 3212 posts

@snarkybiochemist: I'm sorry

4. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@snarkybiochemist: I'm sorry That really sucks.

5. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@knittylady: @jhd: thanks on to the next cycle

6. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

Also I am pretty sure I randomly picked up a stomach bug, and having a stomach bug and your period is the most dreadful thing ever.

7. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@snarkybiochemist: sorry girl

8. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

The only thing keeping me going today is Tylenol. Luckily it keeps my fever below 101 most of the time. Hopefully this is a quick illness.

9. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@junebugsmama: Did you test this morning?

10. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@snarkybiochemist: @mrskansas: Sorry guys, yuck I really hope the illnesses are short lived. @snarkybiochemist:, so sorry about AF. Boo, boo. I have all my fingers crossed for you this month.

I'm sitting here in my heaviest sweater, a winter coat, a wool hat, and a scarf, I swear I nearly got hypothermia when I got out of the shower. After I'd woken up from a crazy dream that basically made no sense but somehow involved having stillborn twins. Three more days. I had to do the pre-op questionnaire and paperwork yesterday, and the woman kept emphasizing that my date and time are not confirmed until 4pm the day before. If it gets cancelled, argh...

I've started pulling stuff together for taxes - joy. I just hope we don't owe as much as we did last year!

11. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@periwinklebee: I'm sorry you are having such a miserable day and I hope the next few go quickly.
    Thanks I really would like it to be this month with a late novermber early december due date, otherwise the cycle after would lend to a christmas due date (or there abouts) and I would like to avoid that, but at the same time I don't really want 2 more cycles of negatives to have a january baby (and yes I have given this too much thought)

12. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@snarkybiochemist: My best friend in grade school had a birthday on January 1. I thought it was a cool birthday but my mom always said it was the worst possible day to have a baby because you don't get the tax write-off for the previous year and your health insurance deductible starts over

At this point, I honestly don't care when, I just want a baby. Beyond the above reasons, I think winter can be lousy - at least where I live - because snow and ice and extreme cold make it impossible to get out of the house. I'd still gladly take a winter baby but given the # of cycles it took us to get pregnant I doubt it is that likely.

13. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@periwinklebee: I'm sorry you're having a rough day!

I'm at work with hot tea, a jacket, a space heater and girl scout cookies to keep me company today, lol. My sweet husband told me this morning that this sickness better not interfere with my ability to conceive this month. I agree with him!

14. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

I really liked having an April baby. It wasn't hot leading up to my due date and once I had my daughter we were able to get out on walks. The only thing I didn't like was having to wear summer clothes with a postpartum body.
    I'm really wanting a winter baby that way I can be off work all of November/December/January and hide in leggings and sweaters with plenty of time to get my body back before summer.

But nature always has its own plan so you never know!

15. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@periwinklebee: My insurance runs July 1-June 30 so its irrelevant but I understand the tax write off. Both my parents have December birthdays and I see how often my Mom's gets overlooked and I wish to avoid that. Obviously I will gladly be pregnant and due at anytime although spring summer or fall would allow me to get out more, winter in the Philly area during winter is either really mild or rather miserable, thankfully we have many malls around for me to aimlessly wander with a baby if I need to get out.

16. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@mrskansas: I hope sickness doesn't prove difficult for TTC

17. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@mrskansas: Sorry you are sick. Girl scout cookies are genius, though! Yum!

My mom only wanted to have babies in April or May. She didn't have any problem conceiving, so got her way Birthdays were never really a big holiday in my family regardless, so I guess I don't worry too much about when they fall. My birthday is April 1, which meant that nobody would ever believe that it actually was my birthday!

18. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@periwinklebee: Yes this box of Thin Mints is calling my name & its not even 9 AM.
    I think that a baby any time of year is great though. I had a May due date w/ my ectopic, and was excited about that. July w/ my miscarriage and was excited. Now I just want a baby!

19. knittylady

pomegranate / 3212 posts

@mrskansas: I think multiple losses gets you over the timing issue of certain birthdays! I used to think I wouldn't want a Christmas baby, but now I will take any healthy baby!

Also, holy symptom spotting! Somebody help me, I'm only 5 DPO and already losing my mind

20. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@knittylady: I'm 5/6 DPO today too and keep telling myself that the baby wouldn't have even implanted yet. Not that it helps that much

21. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

@mrskansas: no, we just woke up and
    I couldn't wait to get my cup when I had to pee! I thought my cold was winding down and now it's horrible again today and I might have pink eye!

In terms of dating, I really wanted a May baby or just spring but my husband wasn't ready to really start trying last year. My son's birthday is December 28 and while I wouldn't have chose it, I don't mind. We just need to figure out the whole party thing when he gets older. I have totally been analyzing my next two cycles to see when exactly would be a December baby and if it would his bday! We should be ok though.

22. SugarMaple

cherry / 202 posts

@knittylady: This is so true for me! As a teacher I wanted late spring/summer babies to flow with my work schedule. But I'm getting pretty good at finding a reason why every possible due date would be 'the best'. I'm overly positive, it helps keep me sane

23. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

Hah hah guys, we're a pretty pathetic group in terms of feeling crappy this week, I guess that's February for you... @junebugsmama: I really hope you feel better soon.

@mrskansas: thin mints, yummmmm...

24. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

Glad I'm not the only one who does due date calculations and I will be so happy to be pregnant that it won't matter in the end but if I had my way I wouldn't want to be due right around christmas (it however does not seem like I will ever get my way). My husband really wants to avoid a May birthday for our kid since my birthday, his moms birthday and mothers day are all in may. Hopefully we will not still be trying in August and this will never be a problem

25. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

@snarkybiochemist: right! I always feel crazy but I do it every month! I forgot to mention if we get pregnant next cycle, the November edd would be right in between me and my husbands birthday. I'll take anything though!

26. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@junebugsmama: its probably the worst thing I do but I can't help myself

27. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

Negative! Better make sure I pack tampons today for my parent's house. At least I am positive for something, picking up pink eye antibiotics on the way. (Ha ha ha). Ugh I just hope I get my period on time and my cold doesn't somehow make it late.

28. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@junebugsmama: I'm sorry I'm all accounts.
    It sounds like several of us are having really rough weeks both with TTC and with other health issues

29. knittylady

pomegranate / 3212 posts

@snarkybiochemist: I do the edd thing, and then when it's really bad I start calculating when I'd be 12 weeks and potentially telling family etc., It's hard not to think ahead to things like summer trips and holidays. But then when those things pass and you're still not pregnant it's very painful.

30. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

The app I use to track my temps pops up the EDD as soon as ovulation happens. I wish it wouldn't.

31. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@knittylady: I do that too, figuring out when 12 weeks would be or how pregnant I would be for this holiday or that event. I'm trying not to do that anymore but I have 4 weddings byween April and September and am trying to figure out where things stand with those.
    @periwinklebee: That sounds dreadful is there anyway you can turn that feature off?

32. knittylady

pomegranate / 3212 posts

@periwinklebee: I just downloaded fertility friend (even though I don't temp) and it does that for me too

33. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

Hi ladies! I'm on vacation for the next couple weeks so I'm gonna be lurking on here. I probably won't be able to reply to each one since I'm on my phone, but sorry for those who are not feeling well, who got a BFN, and who got their period 😡

I'm thinking of all of you every day

As for my symptoms, I'm confused by the changes in my CM. For the last few days, it was white/yellow creamy. Today, a huge gush of watery CM came out and went through my undies as I just took a shower! My Ovia app is confused too. Friday can't come soon enough.

34. azjax

kiwi / 578 posts

@junebugsmama: sorry about the BFN and pink eye!

I think most women do the due date calculation thing! I liked having an early Fall baby so we thought that might be nice for the second baby, too. Also, I'm cheap and I thought if the babies were born around the same time of year, I could maximize the reuse of old baby clothes. Now, I don't care. Just want my take home baby!

35. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@snarkybiochemist: @knittylady: I have been using Ovia fertility. It really annoyed me last cycle b/c I ovulated late, entered my ovulation manually, yet it still kept telling me everyday starting at like 2dpo that my period was here, I guess just based on my normal cycle length. Then I reported a pregnancy and it still kept sending me daily emails that my period was here. So I unsubscribed from their email notifications. I may still use it to track my temps once we're back into TTC though just because all my past data are there.

@madisonbee: Sorry about the confusing CM. I hope you have a wonderful trip, though!

36. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@periwinklebee: I use Kindara and have unsubscribed to all emails and don't allow it to automatically predict ovulation, much easier with my weird long unpredictable cycles

37. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@snarkybiochemist: i've heard good things about that one!

38. shellio

pear / 1614 posts

A friend tried for her 2nd for 3 years, avoiding March because of the possibility of a Christmas baby, and finally decided it didn't matter and had her 2nd baby on Dec 10 My first was due around Christmas and has a Dec 16 birthday. He's 5 and yes, it is tough planning around the holidays to get any birthday celebration for him but we tried for 18 mos for him and like you ladies are saying, I would have taken any due date!!

39. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@periwinklebee: I like it, its also not crazy over the top and girlie and ridiculous
    @shellio: Oh we won't be avoiding a month, I would just love it to happen this month so it isn't even an issue

40. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@snarkybiochemist: Thanks, I'll make a note to check it out once we can start trying again. I hope this month is your month and you get a November baby!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee