Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2018 moms!

1. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@MaryM: Dude that happens to me like one a year. I'll just suddenly notice I'm being poked by my bra... when it was totally fine earlier in the day or the day before. I'm now down to one regular non-sports bra because I don't want to buy anymore until my boobs are at the size they're gonna be for a while.

2. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

My dr. was out sick yesterday, so my appt was pushed to today. I didn't think they would do anything, but she ended up doing an ultrasound, so that was a fun surprise! So good to see the little bug in there; definitely starting to look like a little person! heartbeat was good at 158, and she said all looked fine, although we will see more detail at next week's NT scan. So happy!

3. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@MaryM: oh man. That stinks!!

4. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

OKAY FOLKS. So this time I most definitely did get my NIPT results sent to my online health account. I opened it up and then held my hands up to the screen and slowly lowered them. All it says is: "The Non-invasive fetal DNA test was normal, if you need further information please follow up at your next visit or call our office."

This is a huge weight off my mind right before I go on vacation! I was waiting for this before I told work, but since I'll be out for the next all staff meeting on Wednesday I'm waiting until Wed. 8/16 to tell them. I do have one co-worker left at work still still so I went and told her and she about bowled me over with a hug! Haha. Feeling really good right now.

(Also - 4 days turnaround time! Go UPMC!)

5. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@dominobee: such great news! Yay!!

6. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

February Mamas

2/2: Bushelandapeck (#3)
    2/4: Ladydi (#2)
    2/5: Honeydew (#2)
    2/6: DCrumlish29 (#2)
    2/8: JJ2626 (#1)
    2/9: Meowkers (#2 )
    2/8: Illumina (#2)
    2/13: skiierchck99 (#1)
    2/14: Tionn3 (#1), Drea1016 (#2)
    2/15: Lazypanda (#2)
    2/18: Theotherstark (#2), beachlilly (#1)
    2/19: dominobee (#1 & 2), skate13 (#1)
    2/20: DesertDreams88 (#2)
    2/22: jodyblair (#3)
    2/23: magnoliamama42 (#2)
    2/25: MaryM
    2/26: Freelikewater (#1), petitenoisette (#2)
    2/27: CatchAFallingStar (#2)
    3/5: Patty86 (#2)
    3/6: Ergggg (#2)

Appointments

8/7: Lazypanda (NT)
    8/8: Bushelandapeck
    8/10: beachlilly
    8/11: Theotherstark (NT), Tionn3 (NT)
    8/17: honeydew, dominobee
    9/5: Bushelandapeck

7. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@dominobee: awesome!!! Also your breasts are going to change through the entire pregnancy and nursing stage, so I recommend just going with the flow and buying comfy ones when you want. I bought a set of 4 around 20 weeks with my first and then another set of 4 around 36 weeks due to growth and wear/tear on the others (though, they were a bit on the cheap side). The were non-underwire, and nursing style. I wore all of them (both sizes/sets) throughout nursing, all the way through until 15 months.

8. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@dominobee: Woohoo! Enjoy your vacation and your great news

9. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@DesertDreams88: I guess I should clarify... my boobs havent increased in size yet (I'm a DD already) so I'm waiting til they do to buy new bras. I don't want to buy some and then suddenly my boobs decide to grow.

10. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

@MaryM: Ugh, the only nude colored bra I own has busted the wire out in the middle so It pokes me in the sternum. So annoying.

11. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

@dominobee: Yay! What a huge relief!

12. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

The Target clearance section is so confusing because they don't seperate out maternity, plus size, and normal size!! And it was PACKED tonight. But I got some dark skinny jeans that fit better than my current pair, plus a dress for later in the pregnancy ( it's a little long / large) and leggings.

I did my NIPT last Friday, so that means I could get the call anytime next week! So excited! Well definitely nervous too, but hopeful.

13. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@DesertDreams88: I felt the same way shopping! I thought they must have just sold out, until I spotted a few maternity panels in the pants section. So weird!

So... I finally ate a nice balanced dinner that wasn't just potatoes or cereal, (a little bit of steak, half a baked potato, vegetables) and of course now I'm up at 4 am feeling crappy. Wth??

14. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@dominobee: yay!!! So awesome they came back so fast!

@MaryM: sorry it didn't sit well with you! I think my nausea has subsided (finally) but I have been wide awake for and hour or more during the night and up for the day around 5am. *yawn* Certainly makes for a long day!

15. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@dominobee: okay, I've figured out how to make a FB group. If you want in, send me your email via message and once I add you you can delete your message. Make sense? I need at least one email in order to start the group.

16. skiierchck99

kiwi / 518 posts

@MaryM: I know, right? What the heck? It's like if our bodies really need the healthy foods why is it so hard to eat then lol.

17. skiierchck99

kiwi / 518 posts

@theotherstark: my next appointment is 8/11! First with actual ob

18. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@skiierchck99: yay!! Where did you end up going? I think you're north of Boston too, right?

19. CatchAFallingStar

nectarine / 2806 posts

Anyone else still eating cold meat sandwiches? I was craving a Panera sandwich and ate it and now I feel guilty.

20. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@skiierchck99: exciting!

21. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

February Mamas

2/2: Bushelandapeck (#3)
    2/4: Ladydi (#2)
    2/5: Honeydew (#2)
    2/6: DCrumlish29 (#2)
    2/8: JJ2626 (#1)
    2/9: Meowkers (#2 )
    2/8: Illumina (#2)
    2/13: skiierchck99 (#1)
    2/14: Tionn3 (#1), Drea1016 (#2)
    2/15: Lazypanda (#2)
    2/18: Theotherstark (#2), beachlilly (#1)
    2/19: dominobee (#1 & 2), skate13 (#1)
    2/20: DesertDreams88 (#2)
    2/22: jodyblair (#3)
    2/23: magnoliamama42 (#2)
    2/25: MaryM
    2/26: Freelikewater (#1), petitenoisette (#2)
    2/27: CatchAFallingStar (#2)
    3/5: Patty86 (#2)
    3/6: Ergggg (#2)

Appointments

8/7: Lazypanda (NT)
    8/8: Bushelandapeck
    8/10: beachlilly
    8/11: Theotherstark (NT), Tionn3 (NT), skiierchck99
    8/17: honeydew, dominobee
    9/5: Bushelandapeck

22. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@CatchAFallingStar: I am not a big fan of sandwiches but when I was pregnant with my daughter I ate them a lot! Sometimes I microwaved the meat and sometimes I didn't. I don't think it's really a big deal but I know others do.

23. skiierchck99

kiwi / 518 posts

@bushelandapeck: I ended up staying at my ob in Brookline haha and sticking with Brigham. I called a place or two but it was easier to just stay. I'm in melrose, so not so far that it's impossible and I have plenty of sick time to burn before they take it all for mat leave!

24. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@skiierchck99: I hear you! We are still at MGH, even though it's a hassle to go into the city just for appointments. We've gone there every time so we figured it was best to just stick with what we know Melrose has a fantastic baby Cafe if you choose to BF. I also have a great mom friend/coworker who lives there if you need any other recommendations!

25. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

@CatchAFallingStar: I've definitely been eating not pregnant friendly food . My weakness are these spicy salmon brown rice sushi bowls from Whole Foods. So good. the lunch meat is probably fine, besides, it seems like all the listeria has been in ice cream and peanut butter lately, and those are supposed to be pregnancy safe foods!

26. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@lazypanda: good luck at your appt today!

How's everyone else doing? I swear I've been feeling random movement but I can't be certain! 14 week appt tomorrow and will find out if they are moving my due date up or not. I'm also hoping to tell our kids and bought a cute "big brother again" shirt to give my son for his 5th birthday tomorrow.

27. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

Guess who got NIPT results today?

My intuition was right this time

Should I leave you all guessing, or just tell you already?

28. petitenoisette

pear / 1521 posts

@MaryM: SPILL THE BEANS!

29. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

It has feet

30. petitenoisette

pear / 1521 posts

@Tionn3: spicy salmon bowl sounds amazing! I've had a couple deli sandwiches but I don't really eat a lot of meat so that isn't a strong craving.

I have a lot of foods that sound good to me but I'm having a hard time with foods not sitting well so trying to keep things simple. Heartburn is not my friend this pregnancy despite meds.

31. petitenoisette

pear / 1521 posts

@MaryM: I hope human ones!! ! Yay! I'm assuming everything else looked good from the results?

32. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@MaryM: boy??? I think that's what you thought you were having. AM I RIGHT???

33. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@petitenoisette: yes. The NIPT results were all good, thank god.

The nurse asked if I wanted the results sent to the online portal or called to a third party, or left in a message. She thought it was so odd when I said "can you just tell me?"
    I was driving and knew I wouldn't get online anytime soon! She said " you mean I can just blurt it out??"

34. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

And yes. It's a boy

35. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@MaryM: SO happy for you that all is well and you are having a boy! How exciting!

36. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@MaryM: I am so, so excited to see this - best update ever!!! So many congratulations on your !!!

37. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@bushelandapeck: I'm only just over 12 weeks, and I'm pretty positive I've been feeling sporadic movement too!! So fun.

38. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@MaryM: YAY!!! So glad that all looks good!! So happy for you. And yay for a boy!! Congratulations!

39. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@lazypanda: hope your NT appt went well today!

40. lazypanda

kiwi / 636 posts

@bushelandapeck: thanks! I'm waiting patiently in the waiting room for my NT but really have to use the bathroom! ☺️ Just my luck that I couldn't go earlier & now exploding! Good luck tomorrow! Now I want to go shopping to get DD a big sister shirt!

@MaryM: yay! Great news!!! I got my NIPT results this morning too! The genetic counselor was rattling through & asked if I had any questions after she went through the great results but I was dying to know the sex. 😊

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee