1. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@jodyblair: so glad your meet the midwives went well! yay

2. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@dominobee: whoa!! Great beta!

3. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@Tionn3: I know how stressful that kind of thing is, but things like sore breasts can really vary by day! Try not to stress too much

4. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@JJ2626: yes , I'm on the peninsula!

5. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@dominobee: hmm, that's a tough question. I would be nervous about getting hit in the stomach, too, even though they're so cushioned at this point. Maybe ask what your dr. thinks?

6. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

Okay, I think I'm all caught up! Ha. Please let me know if I've missed anything/one!

February Mamas

2/2: Bushelandapeck (#3)
    2/4: Ladydi (#2)
    2/8: JJ2626 (#1)
    2/9: Meowkers (#2)
    2/8: Illumina (#2)
    2/14: Tionn3 (#1), Drea1016 (#2)
    2/18: Theotherstark (#2), Lazypanda (#2), beachlilly (#1)
    2/21: dominobee (#1)
    2/22: jodyblair (#3)

Appointments

6/16: dominobee (u/s)
    6/21: Tionn3
    6/26: JJ2626
    7/3: Lazypanda
    7/6: Theotherstark
    7/11: Bushelandapeck
    7/12: Drea1016, beachlilly
    7/21: Bushelandapeck (u/s)
    7/29: Lazypanda

7. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@theotherstark: I have an ultrasound Friday.

8. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@dominobee: updated ! Thanks

9. lazypanda

kiwi / 636 posts

@dominobee: I totally miss having an RE and all the early peeks to see the sac grow into a tadpole. It took 21 months of TTC to conceive LO1 for us. I think at 8 weeks is when we transferred over to an OB.

Congrats to all the February mamas! I'm thankfully not having morning sickness so far but we went to a fair this weekend and my super sensitive nose was getting a workout when LO wanted to see the farm animals. 😷 Thankfully DH realized and helped steer us quickly out of the area!

As for other symptoms, I'm feeling tired a lot & really hungry as well. I've been craving meat & carbs like I did when I was pregnant with LO. I've also got really tender breasts but not sure if that's a side effect of the progesterone suppositories.

@theotherstark: not sure if you plan on taking your LO to the fair this week/weekend, but if you go over the weekend, I would suggest bringing a picnic blanket when eating since seating was scarce.

@jj2626: will you go to the parade tomorrow?

10. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@dominobee: I would probably not play but that's because I tend to air on the side of being overly cautious. I'd see what your OB says. Exciting about the ultrasound already! I'm counting the weeks until mine next month

11. LadyDi

persimmon / 1379 posts

@theotherstark: I have an appointment on 6/29

12. dcrumlish29

coffee bean / 45 posts

My first prenatal appt is June 22nd - but I think it'll just be to give me info of what to do and what not to do. I have another appt June 29th for my 8 week ultrasound. This is my second pregnancy. and I started feeling morning sickness around 6 weeks with him, but nothing this go around (6w2d - currently). So of course I'm nervous.

13. nwm

clementine / 830 posts

@dominobee i faced a similar decision with my LO, as my husband and i play ultimate frisbee with our best friends every weekend. it doesn't have fast, flying balls, but we play co-ed and the likelihood of full-speed running collision with a large guy in those games, which can be serious, is decidedly nonzero. i knew other women who had played pregnant so it was helpful to use that as a gauge. ultimately i decided to play for the first trimester, being very careful and cautious of my surroundings (rather than being super aggressive without regard for my personal safety, per usual). once i was showing it just felt too uncomfortable for me. i know some women who stopped playing altogether and others who kept going through the second trimester, so it was a totally personal decision. you might find when you get out there that you are comfortable or not, and that will decide it for you. fwiw, i am guessing your doctor will give you very conservative advice, as mine did.

we also drink a lot with our teammates. i realized that as long as i took a beer no one really noticed if i didn't drink it! i would just occasionally pour it out on the sly and/or hand it to my husband to drink.

14. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@nwm: Thanks for sharing your experience! I think I will play through the first trimester and then tell them around the beginning of the second and start sitting out. We have a big tourney Labor Day weekend and I don't plan on playing in it. We also have a game Sunday and have more people who want to play than we can have on our roster, so I volunteered to sit out.

I feel like as long as I don't play catcher I will be fine. I might tell the other guy who always ends up playing catcher because I'll feel bad suddenly bailing on him with no explanation. It's a very sweaty and exhausting job, especially when the pitcher isn't throwing strikes and you're up and down the whole inning!

As far as drinking I think I'm just gonna tell people I'm on a cleanse or something like that. Anyway LaCroix is really popular among our group of friends so no one will think it's weird that I'm drinking those and they'll probably be happy someone brought a case of them!

15. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

Fun new symptom showing up the last day or two: constipation!

Also I'm soooo tired. Last night I was ready to go to sleep by like 8:45, even though I had a couple of chores to do. Was snoozing by 9:30 though and then slept until 6:45 this morning! Is fatigue normal this early?

16. nwm

clementine / 830 posts

@dominobee: sounds like a great plan!

17. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

@dominobee: girl I hear you on the constipation! Everything is so damn stiff, but I'm taking it as a good sign!

18. LadyDi

persimmon / 1379 posts

@dominobee: I've been hit hard with exhaustion in the past week or so, and I remember being exhausted early with my first too. I just crash around 8pm.

19. JJ2626

kiwi / 548 posts

@lazypanda: Didn't go to the parade. I actually work on the parade route and they told us to work from home bc it was going to be crazy! Would have been fun to see though.

Silly question for you all: It's fine to exercise right? Just like the elliptical and light circuit training or an easy hike? Google says yes but I feel weird that I won't even talk to a doctor for over a week! My appt got moved up to 6/23 though so I'm excited about that.

20. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@lazypanda: I don't think we will be able to go, but sounds like fun!!

@dcrumlish29: awesome - got you on the list. When is your due date, and I'll repost! sorry, I didn't see if you mentioned it before!

@dominobee: yep, I've been pretty tired too! Sounds like you have a good plan with the baseball.

@JJ2626: I've been continuing to do my barre classes every day; I think it's fine as long as you aren't over-exerting yourself or doing any kind of hot yoga. Exercise is good for you because it promotes blood-flow, etc!

21. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

February Mamas

2/2: Bushelandapeck (#3)
    2/4: Ladydi (#2)
    2/8: JJ2626 (#1)
    2/9: Meowkers (#2)
    2/8: Illumina (#2)
    2/14: Tionn3 (#1), Drea1016 (#2)
    2/18: Theotherstark (#2), Lazypanda (#2), beachlilly (#1)
    2/21: dominobee (#1)
    2/22: jodyblair (#3)

Appointments

6/16: dominobee (u/s)
    6/21: Tionn3
    6/22: DCrumlish29
    6/23: JJ2626
    6/29: Ladydi, DCrumlish29
    7/3: Lazypanda
    7/6: Theotherstark
    7/11: Bushelandapeck
    7/12: Drea1016, beachlilly
    7/21: Bushelandapeck (u/s)
    7/29: Lazypanda

22. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@JJ2626: oh, and regarding exercise - just make sure you're getting tons of water!

23. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@JJ2626: yup I'm continuing jogging - til it gets uncomfortable I guess. No sprints and avoiding doing it in super hot weather.

24. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@JJ2626: I've continued to work out with all my pregnancies right up until delivery. I slowed down some in the later months just due to being uncomfortable and having more muscle pain. I find it helps me with the nausea and the fatigue.

As for me....feeling suuuuuuper nauseous today. And tired. Neither of my kids wanted to take a nap so I feel like I could fall asleep now and sleep until morning. I can't wait to be in the second trimester!

25. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@bushelandapeck: It's 8:30 and I'm wondering if it's too early to go to bed! I bought ice cream yesterday but I didn't stay up late enough to eat it, haha. I'm still full from dinner but I want to stay awake for another hour so I can eat some ice cream!!

26. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@dominobee: What time is your ultrasound today? Thinking of you!

27. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@mrskansas: Aw thanks It's at 1pm. I'm so nervous that they could find something wrong... ectopic, molar, etc.

28. knittylady

pomegranate / 3212 posts

@dominobee: Thinking of you!! So excited to see your update. And the high hcg this early makes ectopic super unlikely for what it's worth. I mean it's super unlikely for anyone anyway, but yeah.

29. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@knittylady: I read it's 1 in 50 pregnancies!!! I'm probably being paranoid about the ectopic. And molar though I read high HCG can be indicative of a molar pregnancy. Really hopeful there's just a healthy single embryo in there. If it has to be something unusual I'll take twins, though the thought of that scares me!

30. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@dominobee: I don't think ectopic is quite that common. And @knittylady: is right, with HCG that high I wouldn't worry about an ectopic.

I will honestly be shocked if there is only one with a level that high though.

31. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@mrskansas: I'm not sure how reliable this source is, but...

http://americanpregnancy.org/pregnancy-complications/ectopic-pregnancy/

32. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@dominobee: My OB actually told me that the statistics are skewed because quite often early miscarriages are diagnosed as ectopic if they can't see anything in the uterus. She said ectopics where the pregnancy is actually visible in the tube (or ovary, abdomen, etc) the number is more like 1 in 500 or something.

I obviously have no idea how true that is either, but regardless, I don't think you should worry!!

33. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@mrskansas: Ah that's comforting! I was shocked at that 1 in 50 statistic!

34. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@dominobee: Girl, I told you not to google high hcg!!! today.

35. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@periwinklebee: LOL I know! And then I immediately did! Haha. I guess either way it will be whatever it is.

I have to stop and get beer on the way home from my u/s because I need DH to drink 75% of one so I can put the can in the garden to trap slugs. And should I get bad news I've already told myself I'm drinking one of those beers. And if it's good news, well then it will be easy to watch him drink and not partake! It's actually been super fun to be all health-conscious this week. Eating healthy food and drinking lots of water and going to bed early has a kind of shimmer and shine to it now.

36. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

Oh also, funny anecdote to share. The other day I was in the car with DH and he was like "When I was at the RE* office I saw a book that looked really cool that you might want to read, it was called 'What to Expect When You're Expecting.'" And I just started cracking up... and he's like "What?? Tell me!" I was like, "That's only the most famous pregnancy book in the world." Like he thought he was giving me new information. LOLOLOLOLOL.

*except he did not say RE because whenever I say RE, he STILL is like, "what does that mean?" I'm like, dude, pay attention!

37. beachlilly

pea / 12 posts

@Drea1016: I did! He's a huge fan of this local cupcake place, so I picked up some with pink and blue frosting. Inside the top of the box I wrote, "Happy early Father's day!" He was definitely surprised!

This waiting until the 1st appointment is awful! Of course I'm worried about everything that could be wrong! We are telling our parent's this weekend on Father's Day. I wanted to wait a bit longer, but we have several family events and birthdays coming up before my 1st appt, so it would be so hard to hide the not drinking thing! We are hoping to keep it to mostly family until at least the 1st appointment, which is difficult with all the social summer events!

38. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@dominobee: good luck at your ulrasound, i hope you get amazing news

39. jodyblair

kiwi / 611 posts

@dominobee: Good luck at your ultrasound!

@beachlilly: I think we may tell my family this weekend too. I won't even be 5 weeks yet but there's really no point in keeping it to ourselves!

40. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

Just got a call from the nurse, HCG is at 4297, so it almost tripled in about 53 hours!

During the ultrasound she saw one black circle that she said was almost definitely a sac. Then she saw another smaller one but couldn't definitively say what it was! She said it could be twins or it could be a cyst or some other type of tissue. I won't find out until my next ultrasound on 6/29.

I'm attaching the picture she gave me to show DH. She wouldn't give me one of the second sac b/c she said it was just too speculative at this point.

Coming up on my first weekend of (known) pregnancy. We're having super close friends over to grill tomorrow evening and I will tell them. Then on Sunday I have a baseball game and will be downing the LaCroix like it's nobody's business!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee