Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2018 moms!

1. skiierchck99

kiwi / 518 posts

@theotherstark: Oh, I missed this. I saw my normal OB after the US dr who said they always hedge to cover themselves in case they're wrong, but that I should believe them. So yes, we're proceeding as if it's a girl, but I mayyyy sneak an US in in 4-6 weeks if I can to confirm!

2. petitenoisette

pear / 1521 posts

@DesertDreams88: I know what you mean about forgetting you're pregnant! Especially since I went back to school next week. I have back to school night tonight and it's about a million degrees in my classroom right now so that should be fun I'm kind of appreciating this pregnancy that it is less all consuming and hoping that it makes it go by quicker!

3. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

Anatomy scan scheduled for 9/29!! I've also finally popped, and I have a bump! Also started feeling what I think are fetal movements. They're like little pulses here and there.

4. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@Tionn3: so exciting!! yay for movement, and for a bump!

5. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@skiierchck99: yay! i figured as much, but just thought I'd ask

6. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@bushelandapeck: got it!

7. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

February Mamas

1/25: Bushelandapeck (#3 )
    2/4: Ladydi (#2)
    2/5: Honeydew (#2 )
    2/6: DCrumlish29 (#2)
    2/8: JJ2626 (#1)
    2/9: Meowkers (#2 )
    2/8: Illumina (#2)
    2/13: skiierchck99 (#1 )
    2/14: Tionn3 (#1), Drea1016 (#2), Tosun (#3)
    2/15: Lazypanda (#2 )
    2/18: Theotherstark (#2), beachlilly (#1 )
    2/19: dominobee (#1 & 2), skate13 (#1)
    2/20: DesertDreams88 (#2 )
    2/22: jodyblair (#3 )
    2/23: magnoliamama42 (#2), GooseBee (#2)
    2/25: MaryM ( )
    2/26: Freelikewater (#1)
    2/27: CatchAFallingStar (#2 ), petitenoisette (#2)
    3/5: Patty86 (#2 )
    3/6: Ergggg (#2)

Appointments

9/18: dominobee
    9/21: JJ2626 (AS), theotherstark
    9/25: theotherstark (AS)
    9/26: petitenoisette (AS)
    9/29: Tionn3 (AS)
    10/2: dominobee (AS)
    10/5: Tionn3, Bushelandapeck
    10/9: MaryM (AS)
    10/13: skiierchck99

8. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

Baby has been moving a lot more yesterday and today, yay! Anatomy scan in 1 week, on the 25th.

9. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@DesertDreams88: How exciting!

I'm still just getting the "Was that gas?" movement

ETA: But I'm pretty sure it's not gas. I had some movements match up with sounds when I was using my at home doppler this weekend.

I'm anxious for it to be stronger and more regular though!

I go to the OB for my AFP test this afternoon, and I'm hoping if I tell them our daughter's still birthday is next week they'll work me in for an ultrasound too (the doctor scheduled himself for an appointment, but I'm not sure if he was thinking just doppler? But I can do that at home!).

10. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@Tionn3: Woo on the bump and the movements! I have been feeling pulses too but wasn't convinced it was the babies, maybe just blood vessels working over time?

@deserdreams88: Yay for baby movements!

11. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@theotherstark: Oh god soooo freaking many appointments:

10/9 is next OB appointment, 10/16 is next midwife appointment. With the AS on 10/2 that's three Mondays in a row!

12. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

Just checking back in after my weekend in the woods! Thursday night-Friday morning I was with a friend, then alone w/ my dog from Friday at 1ish to Saturday at 3ish, then another friend came and camped for Saturday night. Overall it was really great! It was my first time doing any solo camping (even if it was just for one night) and I have to say I found it incredibly relaxing! I napped and read on Friday afternoon, went into a nearby town to see the cute shops and get an ice cream cone, went to bed early and got up early, went on a moderately strenuous hike by myself at my own pace (well, Roscoe wanted to go faster for sure!) and just overall did my thing with no one to think about but myself!

Then when I got back on Sunday I was so pleased to see what an incredible job my husband did staining and finishing the stairs! I forgot to take a pic this morning but I'll add one later today. I'm really, really impressed and so glad we decided to do it ourselves rather than pay someone over a grand! It's certainly not perfect but our house is 62 years old, so nothing in it is perfect!

I also got my shipment of clothes from Motherhood Maternity and I'm THRILLED with the shirts (see pic of my favorite one and my already huge belly, LOL). I am lukewarm on the leggings but since I'm short it can be really hard to find leggings that are the right length and don't bunch a ton at the bottom. I spent so much time looking for the right leggings in stores and online that I'm just going to stick with these, even though they feel more like synthetic than cotton (supposedly 88% cotton) and I prefer the cotton feel. But I figured I'm only going to wear these for 5 months and I can live with them. I am a strong believer that leggings are NOT pants but unsurprisingly pregnancy is changing my perspective! I think with a long cardigan that covers your butt (which is what I'm wearing today) they are okay.

Also went to the midwife this morning and the heartbeats are going strong at 130bpm and 140bpm. And my blood pressure was down to 90/60 today! That is really low, even for me - I usually have lower than average blood pressure. But since that is still in the normal, healthy range I'm not too worried about it. Last Wednesday my BP was 120/80, so I told the midwife that it was probably 3 days in nature that chilled me out so much!

Very content overall at this stage. Keep forgetting how pregnant I look until I see myself in the mirror! 18 weeks - almost halfway there! So crazy!

13. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

Oh and just to update you on my latest MIL frustration. She REALLLLYYY wants to throw me a baby shower, which is fine. But she's a bit flighty so I was really happy when my super organized friend said she wanted to help. Well I got an e-mail from the friend asking me about timing - my MIL had told her I wanted the shower to be end of October or beginning of November. When actually I had said no earlier than mid-November because I wanted to wait until at least 26 weeks. I had made it pretty clear why - I wanted to wait until viability to minimize the chances of having something tragic happen with the pregnancy AFTER a baby shower. I just don't get how someone specifically says "wait until mid November or early December" and then you start planning a shower for the end of October...? Gah!

14. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

lunch sadness today - I have been craving chips & salsa and brought some in for lunch, but forgot the salsa!! so then I decided whatever, I'll go out for lunch. Last minute remembered, as I got to the parking lot, that I didn't have my car today because my babysitters are using it. Went back in and remembered there was cake in the teacher's lounge, so I went to get some, and then tried to buy some soda (I know, super healthy) from the vending machine.... and it ate my money. So now I'm having white, grocery-store-bakery cake for lunch and it is like, the last thing I want..... but I have to eat bc HANGRY.

15. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@DesertDreams88: yay for more movement!

16. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@MaryM: I bet it's movement, and I'm sure you'll start feeling it more soon!

17. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@dominobee: sounds like a great weekend, and yay for new clothes! I just got a pair of maternity jeans I had ordered in the mail, and I'm very happy to have them. Although I've been living in dresses lately, so who knows Regarding your lower blood pressure, I've actually read that around now is the time when our blood pressure is lowest, so I wouldn't be worried about it at all!

18. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@DesertDreams88: aw man, that stinks. I've had days like that and it's such a bummer, especially when you've gotten a food idea in your head.

19. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@DesertDreams88: OMG so annoying!!

20. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@DesertDreams88: But did you cry over salsa like I did soy sauce? lol

I totally get it. Food is serious business!!

Hi guys!

21. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@MaryM: Aw, hey cutie

@DesertDreams88: I also had a lunch "fiasco" (ok, I'm being dramatic). After traveling all day yesterday, I managed to get to the grocery store, pick up stuff for lunch, and pack my lunch, but then forgot to grab it on the way out the door this morning. Which means I also forgot my snacks. Boo, I'm just gonna assume all the blood was going to baby and not to my brain.

My back is feeling much better the past few days, and I'm pretty sure baby has shifted forward. Hoping it lasts for at least a little while!

22. petitenoisette

pear / 1521 posts

@dominobee: you look great! I'm with you on the leggings, as a teacher I have said for years that leggings are not pants! And then I was pregnant and leggings became a ok. Haha. At school I make sure to have rear/front covered but I don't even really worry about that outside of school anymore 😜
    @DesertDreams88: @MaryM: also feeling movement over here! I have been for a while but it's been very sporadic (and really more stressful to me than anything when I haven't felt much movement). So hopefully from now on it will continue to be more consistent.

23. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@MaryM: woo! Is this your AS or a routine US?

24. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@dominobee: it was just an OB check up. I'm only 17 weeks. The anatomy scan is Columbus Day

25. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

Two photos:

1 - All the clothes I won't be wearing for the next 6ish months. Confronting the fact that I have WAY too many clothes!

2 - Our stairs! The nesting instinct is REAL and STRONG. Getting stuff done!! (The risers will eventually be painted white so ignore that part.)

26. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@MaryM: hi little buddy!!

@dominobee: Looks great! nesting here too. Ha. We painted our fireplace this last week, and I'm so glad to have it done. I also planted a bunch of stuff in a side planter area. Feels good to get stuff done around the house.

27. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

February Mamas

1/25: Bushelandapeck (#3 )
    2/4: Ladydi (#2)
    2/5: Honeydew (#2 )
    2/6: DCrumlish29 (#2)
    2/8: JJ2626 (#1)
    2/9: Meowkers (#2 )
    2/8: Illumina (#2)
    2/13: skiierchck99 (#1 )
    2/14: Tionn3 (#1), Drea1016 (#2), Tosun (#3)
    2/15: Lazypanda (#2 )
    2/18: Theotherstark (#2), beachlilly (#1 )
    2/19: dominobee (#1 & 2), skate13 (#1)
    2/20: DesertDreams88 (#2 )
    2/22: jodyblair (#3 )
    2/23: magnoliamama42 (#2), GooseBee (#2)
    2/25: MaryM ( )
    2/26: Freelikewater (#1)
    2/27: CatchAFallingStar (#2 ), petitenoisette (#2)
    3/5: Patty86 (#2 )
    3/6: Ergggg (#2)

Appointments

9/21: JJ2626 (AS), theotherstark
    9/25: theotherstark (AS), DesertDreams88 (AS)
    9/26: petitenoisette (AS)
    9/29: Tionn3 (AS)
    10/2: dominobee (AS)
    10/5: Tionn3, Bushelandapeck
    10/9: MaryM (AS), dominobee
    10/13: skiierchck99
    10/16: dominobee

28. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@dominobee: Ugh. I hope you can switch it to the timing you want! Maybe your MIL was just confused? And yes to nesting! We need to move DS room downstairs to make the nursery where his current room is but DH is dragging his feet and it's driving me nuts! We need to go through all the closets and get rid of a bunch of things but DH likes to save everything so I'm going to have to do it when he's at work, I think.
    @MaryM: So happy you were able to see baby boy! What a sweet profile!
    @periwinklebee: glad to hear your back is feeling better!

Nothing new here really. Still no progress on the baby names but we did buy a new car and I bought new, thinner carseats for my older ones so we can fit 3 across. Glad to be able to check that off the list!

29. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@bushelandapeck @theotherstark: Very impressive, sounds like you are making great progress!

I'm 99% sure I just felt my first fetal movement that I can positively identify as a fetal movement! It basically felt like a swish or a light scrape on the inside of my uterus, and it happened a few times in a row in a pretty regular pattern. It was right in the spot just to the left of my belly button where both babies were located on Monday for the doppler and last Wednesday for the ultrasound. I was talking to one of my co-workers about a story he's working on, giving him advice (I'm his editor) and I just got really distracted and couldn't get my words out... and I was like "I'm sorry! I think I just felt my baby move for the first time!"

Eeee how exciting! This is so fun!!!!!!

30. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@dominobee: aww, that's great!!

31. CatchAFallingStar

nectarine / 2806 posts

I feel bad for not checking in with you girls more often. I'm 17 weeks today and have some mild cramping. Anyone else? Anyone else nervous for their anatomy scan? Mine is on Oct. 3.

32. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@CatchAFallingStar: I've had a bit of cramping, but I've been sick and I'm not sure if it's related to that/maybe being a bit dehydrated. And yes, my anatomy scan is next Monday and I can't wait!! I'm so anxious about it, and excited to find out what we are having.

33. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@CatchAFallingStar: I have had cramping periodically throughout my pregnancy. Babieas appear to be fine so I'm just assuming it's my uterus stretching and growing. And/or round ligament pain. Also anxious for the anatomy scan but then I remember what my friend with a 9 year old daughter said to me "You're about to become a parent, you'll be anxious about your kids' wellbeing for the rest of your life."

34. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@MaryM: awww hi baby!! 😍

35. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@CatchAFallingStar: yes on the cramping and nerves.

36. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

My husband was hit by a car this morning while biking to work. Someone called 911 and an ambulance was there by the time I got there. I just got to the hospital. I think he is okay, a witness said he was walking around at first and he was talking (and mostly cursing). He said his ribs hurt so I'm hoping it's just bruising. Your thoughts and prayers would be appreciated.

I also could not help but think that deciding not to ride my own bike while pregnant was a very, very good decision. I did ride one day when I had to take my car in for repairs but I am DONE for the duration of this pregnancy.

37. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@dominobee: oh my gosh!! I hope he's okay. That's so scary!

38. petitenoisette

pear / 1521 posts

@dominobee: I'm so sorry to hear that and hope that he is ok. You'll be in my thoughts.

39. petitenoisette

pear / 1521 posts

@theotherstark: @DesertDreams88: I've been anxious too. I'm still at the point that I am getting bloated I guess throughout the day so I look pretty huge by the end of the day and then in the am I wake up and am like where did the baby go? And movement has been so intermittent, plus now that I am back at work and distracted all day I don't notice much. I don't even feel pregnant a lot of the time! Our AS is Tuesday so will get an update soon enough!

40. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

@dominobee: OMG I hope he is okay!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee