Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2018 moms!

1. JJ2626

kiwi / 549 posts

@dominobee: oh no! I hope he is okay!!

2. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@dominobee: Glad it wasn't more serious!

3. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@petitenoisette: I've been having the same anxiety when I'm not "showing" as much! I freak out thinking something happened to the baby and it's falling lower into my pelvis.

4. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

Thanks everyone. 7 broken ribs and a partially collapsed lung. Fingers crossed he does not develop pneumonia, which is the big threat right now. He'll be in the hospital until at least Saturday. What an ordeal.

5. Honeydew

kiwi / 568 posts

@dominobee: Ouch. I hope your hubs makes a quick recovery!

6. Honeydew

kiwi / 568 posts

My anatomy scan was yesterday. Baby peanut is perfect. The doctor does have a slight concern, I have mild placenta previa and accretia. Of which he seems to think and my baby grows my placenta will travel upwards. I'm really hoping that is the case (this is the same thing Kim khardasian suffers from).

Here are two of my scans. I'm in love!

7. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@dominobee: sending good thoughts for a quick and easy recovery for your husband

8. skiierchck99

kiwi / 518 posts

@dominobee: OMG - I'm sorry that this happened, but glad it sounds like he's doing ok! So scary!

9. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@Honeydew: I know previa can improve, can accretia?

10. Honeydew

kiwi / 568 posts

@Marym: According to the doctor, sometimes both previa and accretia does resolve it self (I hope that it is the case for me.). It is too early to tell, so they want to monitor me. I go back in for a scan in 6 weeks.

11. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@Honeydew: I hope that's the case! On the plus side...more chances to see the baby!

In other news...best $8 I ever spent (they were originally $40)

12. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@Honeydew: Looking good! What a cutie!

13. tosun

pea / 20 posts

@dominobee: Sorry to hear about your husband. Wishing him speedy recovery.

14. tosun

pea / 20 posts

@theotherstark: Anatomy scan scheduled for 9/26.

15. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@MaryM: OMG so cute!!

16. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@dominobee: so scary! I am glad he is relatively okay. Keeping my fingers crossed for a speedy recovery.

@Honeydew: great that baby looked good! Sounds like your dr. has a good plan for keeping an eye on things.

17. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@petitenoisette: ha, I get pretty big by the end of the day too, and have definitely been all 'is the baby still in there?!' in the morning. It hasn't helped that I've been sick this week and really haven't had much of an appetite.

18. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@tosun: got it

19. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@MaryM: aww. So cute!

20. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

I just showed DH the shoes... he didn't see how they were Dino moccasins. I had to show him the tag!

21. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

Had a general appt today and got to hear the heartbeat, which is always a relief. Just nervous about the anatomy scan on Monday!

22. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@JJ2626: how did your anatomy scan go today?

23. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

February Mamas

1/25: Bushelandapeck (#3 )
    2/4: Ladydi (#2)
    2/5: Honeydew (#2 )
    2/6: DCrumlish29 (#2)
    2/8: JJ2626 (#1)
    2/9: Meowkers (#2 )
    2/8: Illumina (#2)
    2/13: skiierchck99 (#1 )
    2/14: Tionn3 (#1), Drea1016 (#2), Tosun (#3)
    2/15: Lazypanda (#2 )
    2/18: Theotherstark (#2), beachlilly (#1 )
    2/19: dominobee (#1 & 2), skate13 (#1)
    2/20: DesertDreams88 (#2 )
    2/22: jodyblair (#3 )
    2/23: magnoliamama42 (#2), GooseBee (#2)
    2/25: MaryM ( )
    2/26: Freelikewater (#1)
    2/27: CatchAFallingStar (#2 ), petitenoisette (#2)
    3/5: Patty86 (#2 )
    3/6: Ergggg (#2)

Appointments

9/25: theotherstark (AS), DesertDreams88 (AS)
    9/26: petitenoisette (AS), Tosun (AS)
    9/29: Tionn3 (AS)
    10/2: dominobee (AS)
    10/5: Tionn3, Bushelandapeck
    10/9: MaryM (AS), dominobee
    10/13: skiierchck99
    10/16: dominobee

24. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@dominobee: oh man! Hope your hubby gets better soon!

25. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@dominobee: ugh wow that is so intense. I'm glad he's getting the medical treatment that he needs and I pray for speedy recovery. I didn't share here yet but my husband was in a car crash too on Friday morning last week. A drive ran a red and hit him on the driver's side. Luckily hs is ok with minor soreness and bruising, but this is our 2nd totaled car in 7 months and will be our 3rd car purchase in 9 months and uggghhhh.

26. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@dominobee: hope your husband is doing okay today, and that you're hanging in there!

27. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@DesertDreams88: ah, that is so scary! I'm so sorry. I am so glad he is okay, especially having been hit on the driver's side. What a hassle having to deal with getting a new car, etc. though. Ugh.

28. petitenoisette

pear / 1521 posts

@dominobee: how's your DH doing?

29. petitenoisette

pear / 1521 posts

@DesertDreams88: Glad your husband is ok but scary! That's not good luck with the cars either, hopefully insurance works out least.

30. Ergggg

coffee bean / 47 posts

@theotherstark: My due date is actually back to Feb 28, the midwives never changed it even though they said they were going to! I've been reading these updates and hanging out in a March 2018 FB group--kinda riding the line! I am 17 weeks now and I think I'm feeling a little movement but I am also having a lot of gas (ugh!) so who knows. My AS is Friday the 13th!!!

31. Ergggg

coffee bean / 47 posts

@dominobee @desertdreams88 I hope your DHs are both recovering well! What a scary thing for you all to experience.

32. JJ2626

kiwi / 549 posts

@theotherstark: Anatomy scan went well! Baby looks good and is on track. And I'm starting to feel stressed about the fact that I'm halfway and have no idea what I'm doing!

33. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@Ergggg: got it! Wonder if you'll end up having a February or a March baby

34. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@JJ2626: that's great the scan went well, and everything looks good! Yay. Ha, I still don't know what I'm doing and this is not my first rodeo

35. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@Ergggg: @petitenoisette: @theotherstark: thank you for the well wishes. We got good news from the insurance company today, so that has helped and clarified our direction, which also helps

@MaryM: super cute shoes, and I could totally tell they were dinos

@Honeydew: it sounds like your dr is hopeful ab the placenta problems, so that's good. I know a couple people whose previa moved, but I don't know anyone with accretia. Are you hoping to have more children?

36. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

So let's talk baby shower timing since @dominobee: brought it up. Normally I think baby showers are perfect about 2 months in advance.... early enough so mom feels semi-prepared, early enough to be before most premature births, but late enough so that the mom is pretty fully pregnant etc. But 2 months before my due date is Dec 23 so that's a no go. Right there with the 2 weeks of holidays / family vacations etc. Someone offered to host a sprinkle for me (girl clothes, diapers, wipes) and asked when I thought would be good timing, and I couldn't decide. I *think* early January is better than most of December, right? Is it weird to have a baby shower only 5-6 weeks before baby?

Have people asked yet to host your shower? What timing are you thinking of?

37. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@DesertDreams88: because this is #3 and we already have everything we need, I'm going to opt out of any type of shower/sprinkle I think. If people ask going to suggest a freezer meal or a meal after the baby gets here. That was really the most helpful thing last time! As for timing, both of my showers were 4-6 weeks before my due date so I think early Jan would probably be fine! I know others who've had them closer to 28-30 weeks so you could go that route if it's easier to do it before the holiday.

38. ALV

apple seed / 2 posts

@DesertDreams88: hi! new to this board. due in early Feb. My mother's friend is throwing me a shower mid-November for all my mother's friends...one of my girlfriends is also throwing me a shower and I think it will be in Jan. December just seems too nuts.

39. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@DesertDreams88: I think I'll end up with a shower over the holidays so my cousin can come while she's home for Christmas. My sister and I threw her showers and she threw my wedding one. My SIL wants to throw my baby shower, but I at least want my cousin to be able to attend

If dh's family or friends want to host one, I think I'll suggest January.

40. petitenoisette

pear / 1521 posts

@DesertDreams88: we had my shower with my first hosted by my BFF but at our house (so I had to clean) when I was 38 weeks. Not sure what we were thinking but it worked out fine! 5-6 weeks before would be great I think. Still should be plenty of time to get anything else you may need.

We're having a family gender reveal next Wednesday (just my immediate side of fam who are local). Then I def won't have a second shower but possibly a sprinkle with my mom's side of the family but only bc we never did a shower for that group for our first. Only want to do that if it will be convenient and low key. Prob would be in January.

@bushelandapeck: good call on the freezer meals! You reminded me one more thing we need before this baby is to finally get a chest freezer. Hoping to get a pretty good milk stash started during my mat leave (I'll be off for 6 months) so I can pump at work for less time this baby. Last time I pumped for the entire school, year and it was a long time

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee