Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2018 moms!

1. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@petitenoisette: we bought a chest freezer before my second was born, for that exact reason! I actually still have some breast milk in there and she's turning 3 in two weeks. lol. I need to throw it out but haven't been able to bring myself to do it. She nursed until 23 mos though so we had quite a stash at one point!

2. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@petitenoisette: a chest freezer is on my list too! for the same reasons. Plus we freeze almost all of our food.

Anatomy scan today in 8 hours..... nervous and excited! Longest Monday ever.

3. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@DesertDreams88: So exciting!

4. skiierchck99

kiwi / 518 posts

@DesertDreams88: Sorry to hear about your dh's accident! I must have missed this last week. Hope he is doing ok!

20 weeks tomorrow I *think* I finally am occasionally feeling Baby Brown move at 20 weeks...it's hard to tell, but I am pretty sure it's not just my stomach grumbling! Shower is planned for Nov 3-5 weekend which is super early but is when my hosts were free so...hopefully that's not a huge faux pas?

5. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@DesertDreams88: excited for your anatomy scan!! Hope the day passes quickly for you

6. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@skiierchck99: so exciting for you to feel movement! and I don't think that's too early, it really just depends on when things work you're fine.

7. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

Everything looked great at our anatomy scan today!! Everything from the blood work and the measurements came out as low risk, and the person who did the ultrasound was really happy with how things looked. I am so relieved. Baby was facedown snuggling the placenta, so some of the measurements took a little while to get, but it was really cute.

And we found out we are having another boy!!

8. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@theotherstark: Great news!

9. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@MaryM: yes, I am so grateful and relieved! Definitely a weight off my shoulders

10. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@theotherstark: great news!!! Baby boys are so fun you will love him SO much.

Still waiting over here.... 1.5 hours left! normally I'd do a big scan like this first thing in the morning, but I have almost no sick time left!

11. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@DesertDreams88: yes, I am excited for brothers! Hope your scan went/is going well!!

12. petitenoisette

pear / 1521 posts

@theotherstark: Congrats on the boy and great scan!
    @skiierchck99: Def not a faux pas, just what worked for you and your hosts. It'll be nice to have plenty of time to know what else you might need to buy.

@DesertDreams88: How did your AS go?

My anatomy scan is in a few hours! Feeling weirdly zen about it even though I am nervous too.

13. skiierchck99

kiwi / 518 posts

@theotherstark: Yay - congrats on the positive AS and for your !

Thinking positive thoughts to all those with their AS in the next few days!

14. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

Sorry it took me a bit to update, hopefully I didn't worry anyone! The AS yesterday went well, and we looked at cars afterward so we didn't get home until around 8pm ( ) and then I pretty much fell asleep right after getting LO to bed. Here's the side-view picture. She weighs about 9 oz and everything looked good, they said. I was a bit bummed that we only got a couple of picture prints - at our AS for LO1 we got an entire CD. Oh well, just another excuse to get a 3D ultrasound around Christmas time as our present to ourselves

15. skiierchck99

kiwi / 518 posts

@DesertDreams88: Yeah I felt like I got way fewer and way lower quality pics at the AS than I did at the screening weeks earlier. It was a bummer and I am on the fence about getting an elective one for better pics (and to confirm the sex lol).

Happy to hear all went well! What car are you considering? That's another thing on our list...

16. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@skiierchck99: Nissan Rogue. We had a Nissan Altima and loved it, but think having the Rogue would be better for a double stroller or small family trips.

17. skiierchck99

kiwi / 518 posts

@DesertDreams88: Nice! We have an 11 y/o Honda CRV which I have loved but they changed the body style. I think we're looking at the Honda Pilot or Toyota Highlander instead. BEASTS of cars, but with the dog we already barely fit on road trips, so...hoping I love the Highlander so I can get a hybrid and ease my conscience.

18. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@DesertDreams88: I'm actually having two showers, one in Pittsburgh where I live and most of my friends live, and one in Columbus where I'm from and most of my family lives. Family shower will probably be the Saturday or Sunday after Thanksgiving for convenience sake, since we will already be in town. Friend shower will likely be early December. I didn't want to wait until January because twins are so much more likely to come early. And congrats on a great anatomy scan and your baby girl!!!

@petitenoisette @bushelandapeck: I like the idea of getting a chest freezer. Our freezer is packed as it is, I don't know where we'd put a breastmilk stash! I know my husband has been wanting one, so maybe I'll dangle it over his head as a way to get him to truly purge our basement which is chock full of CRAP!

@theotherstark: Hooray for a good anatomy scan, and congrats on your baby boy! My friend who works at a daycare said baby boys are easier than baby girls - she doesn't know why, she said they just tend to fuss less. Anybody experienced this?

@skiierchck99: Holy moly, we have a dog too and I didn't even THINK of how tough it will be with two kids and a dog on road trips! We might have to spring for a 3-row SUV or minivan. DH has been eyeing Subarus (we just have a Kia Sportage right now) but that might not be realistic!

So, here's the update from my life. DH broke a total of 7 ribs and spent 2 days in the ICU then another 2 1/2 days in the hospital. He came home on Sunday and literally minutes after I got him home I had to leave for my Hypnobabies birth class! Let me tell you, I was in a GREAT state of mind to achieve deep relaxation, LOL! I hope you can sense the sarcasm there. I took a vacation day on Monday and I'm really glad that I did. I needed a day to recharge my batteries after running around from home to work to the hospital since Wednesday. Even the weekend was not relaxing because I spent Saturday trying to clean up my messes from the week (the house was trashed) and Sunday was hectic for the reasons mentioned above. Today I am working from home so it's a nice transition for when I go back in to work tomorrow.

DH is doing really well, considering. He is even planning on going to a baseball game tonight, which I am NOT on board with, but it's his life and his ribs and if he wants to sit in an uncomfortable chair for 3+ hours that's his choice. Of course he can't drive b/c of the oxy he's taking for pain so I have to drop him off. Kind of annoyed but whatever, he's a huge baseball fan and this is the second to last home game for the Pirates and his last chance to see them since they won't make the playoffs.

I have been using what free time I have had to do deep cleaning and organizing of the house. I'm moving methodically through the house and we've started a pile for our yard sale that we're planning for October 14. I've also been doing my hypnobabies self-study which takes about 30-60 minutes a day and I started chipping away at a baby registry. I'm sure I will have a TON of questions for those of you who already have kids. I started with cribs and decided on a 3-inch soy foam mattress. Originally I had a 5-inch mattress on my list but finding sheets for it seemed almost impossible! Any thoughts on mattress type/thickness? One perk of the mini crib mattresses (we have to do mini b/c our nursery is small and we'll have two) is that they also fit in pack n plays.

19. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@dominobee: I have more to reply to, but wanted to say we LOVE our minicrib and mini mattress. I'll have to find the links later, but we went for the basic one and his sleep was decent.

20. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

21. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@DesertDreams88: @dominobee: I'd love to hear more about mini cribs too!

Our guest rooms aren't very big, so it'd be awesome to save some room. But I also wonder how long a mini crib will work for. DH is quite tall, and I don't expect any baby of his to be any different.

22. petitenoisette

pear / 1521 posts

Just got back from our anatomy scan which went very well! We're having a healthy baby girl! I truly had no preference going in but now I'm so excited that our daughter will have a sister! Plus LO1's bday and this girl's due date are only 2 days apart so now we literally need no new clothes.

Here she is waving hello!

23. petitenoisette

pear / 1521 posts

@DesertDreams88: glad your AS went well! We didn't get tons of good pics either though. Did get good face profile ones. I think she wasn't in a great position, they kept having me move to my side to get her to move! Yay baby girls!
    @dominobee: glad your DH is doing well! Thanks for posting that mini crib, I briefly looked into it bc this baby will prob be in our room for a while (will be sharing a room with LO1) and I might want something nicer than the PNP. Totally unnecessary for us but I'm tempted.

24. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@petitenoisette: Yaaay congrats! They will be best friends I'm sure!

25. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@petitenoisette: Holy cow! That scan is so detailed!

26. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@dominobee: I've been thinking of you and your DH. So glad he's home and feeling better! As for the comment about baby boys being easier...I think it really depends more on the child, regardless of sex. DS was a very colicky, difficult baby, and that has continued on as a personality trait DD was much less fussy and easy going but a much worse sleeper than DS. I'm hoping this one will be a good sleeper and an easy baby. I can dream, right?!

@theotherstark: congrats on your baby boy!

@petitenoisette: so exciting! congrats on having a girl!!

27. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

@dominobee: Glad your husband is feeling better. What a scary situation!

28. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@petitenoisette: congrats on baby girl!

29. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@dominobee: @MaryM: we used a mini crib (with wheels on the bottom, and it folded up), for our first as well, since we were in a one-bedroom apartment. My husband and I are both tall, and our son has always been in the 90 percentile or above for height, and it worked for him fine. I think we moved him out of the mini at around 17 months, just because we moved into a house and had more space, but he probably could have stayed in it a bit longer.

30. tosun

pea / 20 posts

Anatomy scan went well and everything looks okay except the baby is a little big (measuring 21 wks 2 days at 19wks 6 days). Very surprising considering that I have HG and can barely eat. And we are having a girl!!! Exactly what we have all been hoping for (have 2 boys already). Hubby could not make the AS, but he was so sure it was going to be another boy so he told me he doesn't want to know the sex, he wants to be surprised when I give birth. Now that I know its a girl, wondering if I should tell him. What do you think?

31. petitenoisette

pear / 1521 posts

@tosun: Glad everything looks good and congrats on your girl! I would not tell him since he was so sure you were having a boy. He'll be extra surprised. But hopefully he'll relent and want to know before then because I think that's a hard secret to keep. I accidentally referred to our baby as she last night right before our gender reveal (just to my niece so no one figured it out)!

32. tosun

pea / 20 posts

@petitenoisette: Thank you. My major concern is the shopping. I don't think I can do it all by myself without his help and even if I can, hiding all the girl's clothing and other stuff might be hard and I have not decided on baby shower. I guess we'll see how long I can keep the secret.

33. petitenoisette

pear / 1521 posts

@tosun: Ah right, I hadn't thought about that aspect at all! Of course that is kind of a pain to hide. I'd maybe just talk to him about how it's going to be more stressful for you to hide it and can you please just tell him. Maybe you can do a little reveal for him in a fun way too.

34. tosun

pea / 20 posts

@petitenoisette: Yeah, I might have to tell him. Thanks!

35. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@tosun: congrats on a good scan, and a healthy baby girl!

36. tosun

pea / 20 posts

@theotherstark: Thank you.

37. petitenoisette

pear / 1521 posts

Is anyone else STARVING??? Since I got over my MS my hunger had more returned to normal non-pregnant appetite with an extra snack or two thrown in. But this past week I AM SO HUNGRY. I know this is normal just wondering if anyone else can commiserate

38. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

@petitenoisette: I feel like I'm hungry all the time!

39. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

It's a B-O-Y! We had our anatomy scan today, and I think it went well. I believe the radiologist / perinatologist reviews the ultrasound images and then sends a report to my midwife. I will have results on Thursday at my appointment.

40. skiierchck99

kiwi / 518 posts

@Tionn3: Yay! Congrats on your boy and on a good scan!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee