Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2018 moms!

1. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@Tionn3: Congrats on your little boy, and hooray for a good scan!!

2. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@petitenoisette: I'm also hungry all the time! I tend to feel full after about 4pm though and then mildly nauseous if I eat too much for dinner.

@Tionn3: yay for a good scan and congrats on your boy!

Hoping to make some progress on moving rooms around this weekend since we are home and the weather is lousy today. Now to convince DH to get rid of a bunch of his old clothes and crap that he hasn't looked at since we moved in 7.5 years ago! lol.

3. LadyDi

persimmon / 1380 posts

Hey ladies, I wanted to pop in and say hello! I have been really quiet/MIA for awhile because work has been insane for a long time and then I went on vacation for a week and now I feel like I am really behind on this thread. But, I had my anatomy scan on Friday....and it's a boy! We had a very small gender reveal brunch on Saturday and found out the same time as our parents and my best friend. I had a bundt cake made with a rattle in the middle that announced the gender and our son (27 months) pulled the bow off the cake and we announced it. I am excited to know the gender and finally start planning some things (although to be honest, a little bummed to not get any girl clothes).

I will probably have a small sprinkle around the holidays that will get rolled into our annual family holiday party, so if there's any advice from second or third time mamas about registry items I would appreciate it! I don't need much except some winter newborn clothes since my first son was born in June, but my mom and MIL are itching to buy things.

I hope everyone is doing/feeling well!

4. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@LadyDi: good to hear you're doing well! And congratulations on having another boy! I can understand the mixed feelings about not having a girl though, so know you aren't alone. I don't actually feel that way this time but when we found out with DS I definitely was.

As for registry items with #2, we bought a second video camera, new clothes for the season, a second sound machine, and a few new cloth diapers, swaddle blankets, and the newer version of the Ergo. This time I am buying a new carseat, clothes for the season (winter vs summer boys), video monitor, sound machine, new bath tub, and new play mat as I gave ours away.

5. petitenoisette

pear / 1521 posts

@Tionn3: Congrats on your boy and good scan!
    @LadyDi: Yay, another boy! Congrats! We also did a little gender reveal and I was surprised at how fun it was.
    As for second baby purchases, we're going to be getting new video monitors, I'm considering getting a mini-crib since the baby will be in our room for a while and then convert it to twin for our LO1, more fitted sheets, and I want some sort of outdoor play container (like this: https://www.amazon.com/Summer-Infant-Play-Portable-Playard/dp/B00KBGTRAC). We're having a second girl due the same time as our first so we won't need any clothes! Oh, I'll get another pump thru insurance, gotta decide if I'm sticking with the same as last time or not.

@bushelandapeck: Yes, dinner time is hard for me, I feel like I get full easily, I eat soooo slowly (sometimes it feels like I've had two bites and I look and my DH is done eating) and then I'm hungry a little while later. I basically go to bed kind of hungry every night because I am just so done with eating!

6. skiierchck99

kiwi / 518 posts

@petitenoisette: @bushelandapeck: I think my hunger levels leveled back off after being starving in the beginning of the second tri but still certain foods are less appealing than they were...like I normally love chocolate but right now it's just not that interesting. I do think I've been eating about 4 meals a day, but I think that impulse is always there for me....just try to ignore it usually!

After feeling movement last week but then feeling nothing for several days (and freaking out), I finally felt baby girl moving a lot and kicking hard last night! So exciting, though I feel like it's a matter of time until the novelty wears off : )

7. LadyDi

persimmon / 1380 posts

@bushelandapeck: @petitenoisette: Thanks for the registry recs

8. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@tosun: Husbands are such a pain in the butt! LOL. It seems crazy for you to have to go through the extra work of hiding stuff from him. I would just keep it all in one place and tell him if he doesn't want to know to not go in that room/open that cabinet/etc. But I wouldn't put in any extra effort to keep it hidden, that's not really fair. And congrats on a healthy baby girl, so exciting!!!

@petitenoisette @tionn3: I go through phases. When I'm extra tired and hungry I assume the babies are going through a growth spurt! And @bushelandapeck: I'm the same way. I can really put it away for breakfast and lunch but then can't seem to eat much for dinner.

@tionn3 @ladydi: Congratulations to you both!!!!

9. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

We had our anatomy scan this morning and the tech said everything looks good! A doctor will take a look at the pictures and let us know for sure, but the tech said she's been doing this for 27 year so I trust her!

Baby A was cooperative for the most part and let us get lots of nice pictures. Baby B was not, which is why the picture is more blurry! Baby completely flipped positions twice during the u/s, started head down then went head up then went transverse! Just wiggling the whoooole time, which explains why I've felt more movement on my left side where that baby is! And despite TWO anterior placentas, I am definitely feeling regular, daily movement now. Not sure if I've felt ten in an hour (the measurement for later in the pregnancy) but it's definitely more common now.

She wrote the sexes down in an envelope and we'll open it next Wednesday on our anniversary. I begged DH to open it today but he won't budge... says next Wednesday is a compromise anyway, so I guess I have to wait. Harumph!

My hunch is that baby A is a girl and baby B is a boy... when we got a view of its bum I thought I saw a little something extra there.

10. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@LadyDi: congrats on your boy!!

11. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@dominobee: so glad your scan went well!! I can't wait to find out what you're having. Next Wednesday seems so far off!

12. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

February Mamas

1/25: Bushelandapeck (#3 )
    2/4: Ladydi (#2 )
    2/5: Honeydew (#2 )
    2/6: DCrumlish29 (#2)
    2/8: JJ2626 (#1)
    2/9: Meowkers (#2 )
    2/8: Illumina (#2)
    2/13: skiierchck99 (#1 )
    2/14: Tionn3 (#1 ), Drea1016 (#2), Tosun (#3 )
    2/15: Lazypanda (#2 )
    2/18: Theotherstark (#2 ), beachlilly (#1 )
    2/19: dominobee (#1 & 2), skate13 (#1)
    2/20: DesertDreams88 (#2 )
    2/22: jodyblair (#3 )
    2/23: magnoliamama42 (#2), GooseBee (#2)
    2/25: MaryM ( )
    2/26: Freelikewater (#1)
    2/27: CatchAFallingStar (#2 ), petitenoisette (#2 )
    2/28: Ergggg (#2)
    3/5: Patty86 (#2 )

Appointments

10/5: Tionn3, Bushelandapeck
    10/9: MaryM (AS), dominobee
    10/13: skiierchck99, Ergggg (AS)
    10/16: dominobee

13. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@dominobee: what cuties, can't wait to hear the sexes next Wednesday. That takes so much patience.

14. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@snarkybiochemist: How are you doing?! Getting close now!!!

15. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@dominobee: love those pictures!! ❤️ So excited for your reveal next week!

16. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@dominobee: 7 weeks, I'm good just a little uncomfortable

17. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

@dominobee: So glad everything went well at the scan! Can't wait for you to find out the genders!

18. skiierchck99

kiwi / 518 posts

@dominobee: Congrats on a good scan! Can't wait to find out what you're having

19. skiierchck99

kiwi / 518 posts

Any thoughts on a belly/back support system from repeat mommas? I went to a tour today and my back was killing me after standing for an hour. I'm supposed to do some hiking in Hawaii in a couple of weeks and wondering what/if I can do to support my back better.

20. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

We made a pregnancy announcement! Not mailing it out or anything, just posting it online. Feels so nice to finally be able to talk about this in all forums!

21. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@skiierchck99: My back hasn't bothered me since I started wearing this to run - https://www.amazon.com/AZMED-Maternity-Breathable-Abdominal-Support/dp/B0113WE0QS/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1507089248&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=maternity+support+belt&psc=1 I'm not for sure it's the belt that helped, as I also switched to using a backpack rather than a shoulder bag to carry stuff to work and baby has switched positions some. But I'm still wearing it whenever I run just in case that's what did the trick....

@Tionn3: So happy to hear this - congrats!!!

@dominobee: Gorgeous announcement!

22. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@dominobee: super cute announcement

23. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

Is anyone having maternity photos taken?

If so, do you know when?

I think I'd like to do it before Christmas so we can use them as Christmas cards, but is that too early? I think that would put us around early November so that we'd have time to get the images back and order cards. So at the most, I'd be like 24 weeks. Does that even count as "maternity" photos? Will I be upset we didn't do it in the third tri?

24. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@MaryM: I don't have any experience, but I imagine that 24 weeks would be a great time to have pics. I feel like now at 25 weeks I've just recently gone from cute little bump to whale, as in random strangers offering me their subway seat and people acting surprised when they ask my due date that it's still relatively far away. I think in pics at 24 weeks you'll probably be clearly pregnant, especially with the right outfit, and will have a super cute bump.

25. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@periwinklebee: I clearly have a bump now...so I'm not too worried about that

But people are still playing dumb. DH told an old friend we ran into last week and they acted all surprised (we were at a social event and had been hanging out for a while). I feel like ruched maternity shirts sort of give it away though? lol

26. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@MaryM: not specifically maternity but we are having family pics taken on 10/22 so I'm calling them maternity photos too. I'll be 26 weeks. Last time I was about 32 weeks or so when we did family photos and I was pregnant with DD. The pics came out great because I wasn't uncomfortably big but still looked visibly pregnant.

27. skiierchck99

kiwi / 518 posts

@dominobee: Super cute! I'm hoping to take a pic for one this weekend but it's touch and go whether I look definitively pregnant or just heavy lol.

@MaryM: I'm thinking of this too...but maybe I'll just have a friend snap a few for the cards and do true "mat" photos in Jan.

28. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@skiierchck99: Ours would be done by a friend, but they run a photo business so we'd feel weird not paying them. But I wouldn't want to pay twice (especially if we have him come back for newborn photos)

Maybe I'll just ask him what people usually do

29. skiierchck99

kiwi / 518 posts

@MaryM: Maybe if it's a friend you can ask to take them a bit on the late side and have them return 1-2 good ones quickly and the rest later?

30. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@MaryM: I think people just don't want to say anything unless it's really obvious. A few weeks ago at a conference, I definitely noticed lots of people trying to discretely glance down when they were talking to me, but nobody except one foreign guy who I think is not bound by our social norms said anything. Because it can also be weird to say "oh, and btw I'm pregnant" when making small talk in a professional setting, it felt so, so awkward, because I knew people were noticing something. But within the past couple of weeks, people who I see like on a weekly basis have just started to ask "when are you due." Or even made remarks like "oh, I didn't notice before that you were pregnant", even though I'm pretty sure it was quite obvious:-) Like I've officially crossed the point where it's obvious and everyone knows that I know it's obvious and therefore don't feel like they'll offend me by stating the obvious.

31. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@MaryM: I’m saving my $$ for newborn portraits. But I’m lucky to work in media and thus have access to a great photographer who was willing to take some shots of us for free for the announcement.

I’m starting to get to the point where it’s hard to bend over. It hurts even to sit forward, especially later in the day after I have food in my stomach. I mostly have to sit back in a half lounging position. Just 19 weeks 5 days to go, har har! (Let’s hope they keep cooking that long!)

32. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

@dominobee: I love that picture for your pregnancy annoucement!

33. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@Tionn3: Thanks!

34. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

Remind me who is in charge of the secret facebook group? I think I want to join now.

35. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@Tionn3: me! PM me your email and I’ll send you an invite I’ll delete your PM after I add you.

36. skiierchck99

kiwi / 518 posts

@bushelandapeck: Same as @Tionn3...I'll pm you as well!

37. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@dominobee: This baby seems to be hanging out super low too. I'm SO uncomfortable in my demi panel pants because of it, and it's not very comfortable to sit.

The only time he seems to move up is during the night when I'm laying down. I wish he wasn't so comfortable down there!

38. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

24w appt today! Gained 9lb total and measuring right on track. Next appt is 10/31 and I’ll have the glucose test and TDap shot at that time. Can’t believe how quickly it feels like it’s going now. Eeek!

39. tosun

pea / 20 posts

@periwinklebee: I have that exact maternity belt and it does not seem to be helping with my back pain and I am so conscious of it around my belly. Maybe I am not wearing it right or long enough.

40. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@tosun: I just wear it to run, and for that I think it is actually comfortable because it keeps the elastic waistband on my (non-maternity) running shorts from digging into my bump But I can see it might not be comfortable to wear more generally. Since I changed a few things at once to try to help the back pain, I'm not sure whether or not it is what actually helped...

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee