Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2018 moms!

1. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@Meowkers: I've lost 4lbs by feel like I look even bigger than before! The nausea is really awful this time around.

2. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

Oh dang random shooting pain in my boobs! I guess it's a good sign but yowza!

3. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

Oof. Crampy and nauseous and feeling weak all of a sudden. Is this normal? I'm 5w1d but I might be carrying twins (according to off-the-charts HCG levels & a second mystery blob seen on last week's ultrasound).

Sorry if I'm driving you all crazy. This is my first pregnancy and I've been trying for two years so it's just all a lot for me to process. I feel like I post 10x more than anyone else.

4. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@dominobee: one of the first signs for me was weakness and shortness of breath. Like I get winded for minimal amounts of exercise and I think I'm in pretty good shape. The cramps were pretty constant for me right up until last week, so around 7w. My sister had twins but I never asked her specialficaly how it was different from her other pregnancies (she has 5 kids total). Is your appt next week?

5. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@bushelandapeck: Thanks, it's nice to know what others have experienced. I haven't really had cramps until today so it kind of freaked me out. I just went to the bathroom to check and there was no blood. My appointment is on Thursday next week (an ETERNITY to wait!) and we should be able to see then if it's twins. Part of me would be so thrilled to have two but it's also terrifying! DH would definitely have to quit his job and be a stay at home dad (I'm the breadwinner and his salary wouldn't cover daycare for two) - and I have some concerns about how well he would be able to manage two infants at once.

6. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@dominobee: my BIL is a stay at home dad and I do question his abilities (often) but my nieces and nephew are doing well so I guess he mist be doing something right! Can't wait to see if you are having twins!

7. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@Meowkers: yes! pregnancy #3 here and I already feel so bloated, and like my uterus is already super expanded. And I'm only 5w 2D! It's hard to suck in. Ha. I'm afraid I'll need to break out the maternity pants before 10 weeks

8. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@dominobee: the increased progesterone and other hormones really slow down digestion, which is why you can get bloated and can get constipated, etc., so I'm not surprised!

9. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@Meowkers: yes, I think I only gained a pound my first trimester with the first pregnancy - I lost weight in the beginning and just didn't gain much in those months. The joys of throwing up!

10. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@dominobee: cramping is definitely normal! Your uterus is expanding.

11. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

Had my first ultrasound today! I was measuring 1 day ahead at 6W+0D! There was a fetal pole with a faint heart beat! I was only expecting to see a gestational sack and a yolk sack, so it was a great surprise! My next ultrasound is next week on 6/28, I'll be 7 weeks.

12. magnoliamama42

cherry / 174 posts

EDD: 2/23 according to online due date calculator

First child? Second; my daughter is 2

Any symptoms? tender boobs, bad cold, bloated, crampy, tired

Who have you told? parents and sister, DH's parents. I will probably tell a few more close girlfriends within the next couple weeks.

Current thoughts/feelings/fears? My body is going through withdrawals from Xanax and Adderall, so that's been really difficult. I haven't been able to sleep since BFP test. But it's manageable overall. I had HG with my last, so praying that somehow I'll beat the odds and not get it again!!

hCG came back at 4286 on my 4w4d blood draw, which seems crazy high. Progesterone wasn't as high as I'd like to be, but better than my last miscarriage so fingers crossed!

I have an ultrasound scheduled on 7/11. It feels so far away!!

13. magnoliamama42

cherry / 174 posts

@dominobee: My second pregnancy was with twins. Our ultrasound at 6 weeks showed 2 sacs with one a lot smaller than the other. By 7 weeks, it was confirmed that the smaller sac was a "vanishing twin". The elevated hCG was a killer, though. Morning sickness hit hard at 6 weeks and stayed well through the second trimester!

14. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@magnoliamama42: Oof. I'm nervous about the nausea! Nothing so far. That's kind of what we saw at 4w4d (I'm w/ an RE, hence the early u/s) but she wouldn't call it twins definitively. My next u/s is next week at 6w3d. Now that I know there might be two I'm kind of hoping for it, especially since this pregnancy took us two years and thousands of dollars to achieve. I'm 34 so I really feel like the clock is ticking. But of course I would be thrilled with one healthy, happy baby.

15. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@magnoliamama42: PS my HCG was 4297 at 4w4d!

16. jodyblair

kiwi / 611 posts

@Tionn3: Yay for a good ultrasound!!

17. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@Tionn3: Yay, that's so awesome!!

18. magnoliamama42

cherry / 174 posts

@dominobee: I feel like you're almost exactly where I was at with my second pregnancy. I was 33, that was our second year of trying, and we were on our third IUI. I've always wanted two kids, and I would have LOVED to get it all over with in one pregnancy. Lol! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

This pregnancy was hoped for, but not expected - we didn't do fertility treatments for it, so we're pretty much in shock. I do miss the frequent blood tests and ultrasounds though! And I REALLY hope it's not twins. I don't know if our marriage or finances can handle it!

19. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@magnoliamama42: We got sooo lucky to get pregnant with the first IUI! I really hope this sticks!

And for your sake I hope it's a singleton!

20. Freelikewater

pea / 13 posts

EDD: 2/26/18

First child? Yes

Any symptoms? Emotional! I've cried twice in the past three days and I hardly ever cry lol. Also, some cramps and very tired.

Who have you told? My husband and my parents because we are on vacation in Portugal with them right now and I knew it would just be easier to tell them.

Current thoughts/feelings/fears? Of course, I'm nervous about miscarriages... I had a chemical pregnancy last cycle which delayed ovulation and I conceived on cd27 which is really late for me. I wish I could call my doctor and set up an appointment but can't because we're in portugal!

21. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@Meowkers: In regards to the bump..... I have a leftover bump from LO1, and now I can't wear Spanx to hide it! LOTS of loose summer dresses over here.

@dominobee: no issue with all your posts, it's so exciting to get pregnant after long IF!! you need people to talk to!

--------------
    I called and made my first ultrasound appt. I like to wait until 7 wks to ensure that a heartbeat would be visible, if it was there. Unfortunately they said at first that the whole week was completely booked, and then I said waiting until 8 weeks made me really nervous due to loss and IF sooooo she squeezed me in! July 6th at 7w2d. Thankful!

22. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

Anyone stuck bringing LO1 to the 1st ultrasound? Our normal babysitters are out of town, and LO freaks with babysitters anyway, so..... DH will come with, too, but it still makes me uneasy having LO there.

23. magnoliamama42

cherry / 174 posts

@DesertDreams88: Can you bring a tablet your LO can watch a show on during the appointment? And don't forget snacks! Depending on their age, they may just be fascinated anyway by all that's going on. At our place, they always keep the lights really dim and then you have the monitors going -- I feel like my 2 yo would be okay ... the first time. The second time, it would be old hat and I'd definitely have to bring something to entertain her!

24. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@DesertDreams88: I'm so jealous of the early u/s! My office won't see anyone before 10-12w without a history of multiple losses (I've only had one) and the first u/s is between 12-14 weeks. I so wish I could see the little heartbeat now!
    @Freelikewater: welcome and congratulations!
    @magnoliamama42: congratulations!

25. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@Tionn3: yay!! So glad the ultrasound went well!!

26. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@magnoliamama42: congrats and welcome! I wasnt diagnosed with HG with my first pregnancy, but i had horrible morning sickness in the first and second tri, and threw up almost every day of the pregnancy, starting around 7 weeks. It sucked. My nausea started immediately with this pregnancy (I didn't have much at all with my miscarriage), so I'm a little nervous how bad the morning sickness will be this time! I hope you don't have HG again

27. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@Freelikewater: congrats and welcome!

28. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@DesertDreams88: glad they were able to squeeze you in!! I have my appt that day too.

29. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

February Mamas

2/2: Bushelandapeck (#3)
    2/4: Ladydi (#2)
    2/6: DCrumlish29 (#2)
    2/8: JJ2626 (#1)
    2/9: Meowkers (#2)
    2/8: Illumina (#2)
    2/10: Honeydew (#2)
    2/14: Tionn3 (#1), Drea1016 (#2)
    2/18: Theotherstark (#2), Lazypanda (#2), beachlilly (#1)
    2/19: dominobee (#1)
    2/20: DesertDreams88 (#2)
    2/22: jodyblair (#3)
    2/23: magnoliamama42 (#2)
    2/26: Freelikewater (#1)

Appointments

6/22: DCrumlish29
    6/23: JJ2626
    6/28: Tionn3
    6/29: Ladydi, DCrumlish29, dominobee
    7/3: Lazypanda
    7/6: Theotherstark, DesertDreams88
    7/11: Bushelandapeck, magnoliamama42
    7/12: Drea1016, beachlilly
    7/21: Bushelandapeck (u/s)
    7/29: Lazypanda

30. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@Freelikewater: Congrats and welcome! Vacation in Portugal sounds amazing!!

31. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

Oh the nausea... it's coming... it's here. And DH decided to cook pinto beans from scratch on the stove. 🤢 Normally I love beans... not today.

32. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@dominobee: oh man....the smells of everything are so overwhelming these days! I walked into a friends house the other day and she had been steaming brussels sprouts and I almost threw up right there.

33. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@bushelandapeck: I just called in sick to work for probably the third time in four years. I need a day to adjust to this new reality. I have to be on a talk show tomorrow, talking live on the radio, so hopefully I can hold it together!

34. dcrumlish29

coffee bean / 45 posts

@theotherstark: Good to know I'm not the only one "showing". I'm 7w 2d and I feel like work is going to notice soon. Was hoping if I had to spill the beans, I'd at least make it to my 8 week ultrasound so I knew for sure ! I guess these are all good signs though right, if our belly is expanding must be some growing going on in there!

35. jodyblair

kiwi / 611 posts

I'm 5 weeks today and the bloat is so real All I want to wear are sweat pants and dresses.

36. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

6 weeks on the dot yesterday and I've seemed to have traded up my moderate breast tenderness for mild almost unnoticeable breast tenderness with a heaping side of morning sickness. Breakfast is now my least favorite meal of the day.

37. CatchAFallingStar

nectarine / 2806 posts

EDD: anywhere from 2/27 to 3/1 according to online calculators

First child? 2nd! Daughter is 2.5

Any symptoms? Nausea, sore boobs, tired, mildly crampy, a bit dizzy at times

Who have you told? DH, DD (ha, does that count?), my mom, in-laws, telling my dad tonight

Current thoughts/feelings/fears? Over-the-moon excited. Fears? Ha. Is "everything" a valid answer? I'm a worrier by nature, so I am trying my best not to worry, but thoughts of ectopic and miscarriage still enter my mind. Trying to focus on the joy and stay very positive.

ETA- first ultrasound is 7/7. Seems like an eternity!

38. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@Tionn3: I guess it's a good sign? Sorry you feel shitty. Today is my first day of food aversions. I ate watermelon & crackers for lunch.

39. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@Tionn3: @dominobee: sorry, ladies my mornings have been yucky too. All day, actually. My first pregnancy I forced myself to eat, even if I feel crummy, and it tended to help, so I'm trying to do that this time too. But it's really hard with that constant sense of nausea like you're about to throw up! And the dry-heaving. Ugh. Thankfully I haven't thrown up yet. And I am really hoping it means we have a strong, viable little bean in there!!

40. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@CatchAFallingStar: welcome!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee