Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2019 POAS

1. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@yellowbeach: Thank you... I am trying to be as positive as I can be with so many uncertainties, however, at this point, it all depends on 2 follies shrinking or stopping progress. πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ I agree, if this cycle is cancelled, at least we will have a baseline for the next. Also, I was pleased to see an optimal trilaminar appearance to my uterine lining. πŸ‘

That is soooooooo cool! I thought I was the only person to geek out over U/S (and xrays AND MRIs) images. My aunt is a physician πŸ‘©β€βš•οΈ and her DW is an xray tech πŸ‘©β€πŸ’» so I love when they share [gnarly or amazing] images with me.

As for your vacation, I am SO jealous ... everything looks AH-MAZING (* side note, I have been following your blog bc, well, I love looking at pics AND I'm envious. πŸ€·β€β™€οΈπŸ€£). I am so glad that you and your family are having such a spectacular time. Relaxation and a well deserved break! πŸ’™

2. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

Page 3 update (so as not to lose our place πŸ˜‰)

β„πŸ«πŸ·πŸ’• FEBRUARY 2019 POAS πŸ’•πŸ·πŸ«β„

2/4: Clementine12
    2/11: Chuckles
    2/14: FuzzyPeaches
    2/18: Paranundrum
    2/22: Kaohinani
    2/22: Sam's Mom
    2/24: SweetCaroline
    TBD: Creativemomma15

Good luck, ladies!

πŸ™‹β€β™€οΈ Amazingly Supportive Cheerleaders:
    β€’ Yellowbeach
    β€’ BhBee

3. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Kaohinani: Aww thanks. I went to sleep at 12:30 (got lost in a Facebook debate about TFMR and late term abortion, I know, I know...) and had to wake up at 4:45. So running on little sleep. Will save the blog post for today and combine it with tomorrow. Glad someone is reading it! πŸ˜†

4. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@yellowbeach: totally unrelated topic, but I was on pelvic rest from 20-32 weeks with my son. My doctor told me no tampons either... Ummm him pregnant why do I need tampons!? He told me I'd be surprised at the frequency of pregnant women thinking a tampon will help xyz... πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ

I mean is it tomorrow in Greece? (Feb 2) because then, you'd only be a tiny bit early. πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ

5. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

So, in an attempt to tempt whatever fate might be out there...

I just bought the ginournous box of tampons and panty liners and pads. So hopefully you know, they sit under my sink until the end of the year. 🀞

Also Oing right before my birthday this month 🀞🀞🀞 hopefully the dirty thirty will bring me some luck.

6. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: πŸ€žπŸ€πŸ€žπŸ€πŸ€žπŸ‘

7. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

Ughhhhhhhh still no pos opk and hubby is away Sunday for 8 days! Why does this cycle h e to be the freakishly long one?!?

@yellowbeach: I want to check out your blog! I’m a physician too 😊 what is the link?!

8. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@Kaohinani: That was almost as good as a live feed, thank you, so interesting!
    I really hope everything works out and you won't have to cancel this cycle. I'm sure you would be a great quint mom too, but I understand why you might want to skip that opportunity.

@yellowbeach: I love those pics! I have been to Greece once and I loved it there. It was in the middle of the summer though so it was extremely hot (for a northern girl like me anyway, I got the worst sunburn in my life over there) and super crowded.

9. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

Update from today's U/S -

I am a "great candidate for IVF" since I react well to FSH therapy for follicle growth. (Unfortunately, we can not go that route - YET.) Uterine lining is at 9.9 mm which is optimal. 24 follicles total (15 in RT ovary, 9 in LT) were found; however NOW only FOUR are between 14.2 - 14.9 mm. Whether or not this cycle will continue comes down to my E2 levels. The RE will call later with my numbers and to tell me whether to continue Follistim (at 25-IU) or to cancel this cycle. πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ
    I am pretty stressed out πŸ˜– as I really want this cycle to work. πŸ₯Ί

U/S picture collage affixed for anyone to view (tagging @Sams Mom: @Yellowbeach: & @Paranundrum:)

UPDATED "UPDATE" - My E2 level is now 608! I was told that I need to stop taking the Follistim. I go back in tomorrow for more bloodwork and ANOTHER U/S. It is at a 10% chance we will be able to continue ... 90% that this cycle will be cancelled. πŸ₯ΊπŸ˜’😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

@Paranundrum: Glad it was of interest. Thanks for the compliment but I KNOW I couldn't handle 4 or 5 infants at once. πŸ˜±πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜ΆπŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‚

@FuzzyPeaches: I'm sorry your cycle isn't working with yours and DH's schedule. It is so frustrating! πŸ˜•

10. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@Kaohinani: Oh no, I'm sorry. 10% is still a lot more than 0 though, fingers crossed!

11. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@paranundrum: Thank you for the positivity. I am pretty discouraged and upset at the moment.

12. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@Kaohinani: And understandably so, but I guess there's not much else to do to help (especially for me from half way around the world) than to try to stay positive and keep hopes up. It's not over yet! And if it is, you have gathered a lot of valuable information to make your next cycle a successful one and that's not nothing either.

13. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@Kaohinani: ugh that sucks I’m so sorry. I’ve been following your story for awhile and just feel for you.
    Although, I suspect you have been on the worst side of low percentages before (ie only low percentage Of women have to struggle like this!) that maybe the low percentage will be in your favour this time! Why shouldn’t it be you in the 10%.

Anyway crossing my fingers for you πŸ’•

14. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: holy crap!

That is a lot of follicles! I am so sorry this is not going in the direction it should. I also have everything crossed that a day without makes all the newbies shrink back down.

My son is lying next to me when I was looking at your pictures... He keeps telling me he sees a t Rex in your right ovary pictures. πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈπŸ€·β€β™€οΈ

15. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@paranundrum: Thank you again. You are a sweetheart.

@FuzzyPeaches: Thank you for your kind words and encouragement. I have gotten the short end of the stick time after time; however, I do believe that miracles happen so, I'm still hopeful even with such low odds. Perhaps you are correct and since I exist in the low percentage statistic [frequently], they may play in my favor for once. 🀞

@Sams Mom: Yeah, 24!!! (Which is the reason for my high E2 numbers.) Luckily only 4 look to be prime. THEY ARE SHRINKING in size; however, more follies keep getting recruited (popping up). One option may be to discontinue the Follistim, OV on my own (without the trigger), and BD only twice around OV. Perhaps, naturally, ONLY the largest follicles will release ova and my chances will be close to a regular [natural] cycle. πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ As stated, I will find out more tomorrow morning (9 am). The RE's greatest concern at this point is that I have 4 all growing at a similar rate which could produce Quads (or more if any split). Due to my tiny stature and previous history with complicated child birth, he doesn't want to see me having more than twins. I get it, but, I'm just FRUSTRATED. πŸ˜– I have extremist cycles.
    P.S. An ovary T-rex. I love it! πŸ’™ Sam is one funny guy!

16. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@Kaohinani: oh my goodness, I've had to take a break for a few days, but icame back to lots of interesting updates for sure! I really hope your cycle doesn't get cancelled! I will say that we have good friends that were supposed to do an iui cycle but had 5 large follicles. Their cycle was canceled, but the doctor told them that they couldn’t stop them from doing it the old fashion way. Our friends ended up with triplets ! She is super tiny, and her husband is 6'6". They made it until 34 weeks! And now have three healthy 6 year olds

17. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@kaohinani: I keep checking back for any updates. What a not-so-fun ride. 🎒

AFM, DTD last night! 🀫 Nobody tell my RE! Lol. Also you’ll notice I’ve been much more chill about this cycle. Hadn’t been temping because I wasn’t really expecting to BD anywhere near OV (whenever that turns out to be). Probably good for me.

18. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@yellowbeach: cue the Marvin Gaye music πŸ₯°

I haven't heard from her yet either. Hopefully all the little ones are shrinking back down without the follistm.

19. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

Update -

Cycle has been cancelled.

I have one 16.8 mm follicle and three all ranging from 14.2 - 14.9. The RE would prefer to cancel due to the fact that all would be mature (possibly ranging from 15-22 mm). His nurse said that she can't stop DH and I from having intercourse; however, she would prefer we refrained. I either go back CD3 next cycle to see him OR if I don't have an AF starting from 3 weeks from today.
    Unfortunately, I have had cramping and nausea all morning and threw up. The RE doesn't think it is related to this cycle and it sounds like the start of a stomach bug mixed with ovary discomfort. His nurse agrees.

@Lazb: @Yellowbeach: and @Sams Mom: Thank you for all the support and positivity.

20. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: holy crap. I'm sorry!

21. SweetCaroline

pear / 1718 posts

@Kaohinani: wow! I'm so sorry. I can't even imagine how frustrated and defeated you must feel. Talk about extremes!

22. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Kaohinani: ugh. Womp womp womp. πŸ‘Ž Sorry you got cancelled. Regarding intercourse, I’ll I will say is I would do anything to avoid selective reduction if I were you. I understand if you guys would want to try though. Certainly tempting.
    On a side note, just based on what you’ve said about your RE, I like her already. Seems like she’s got the perfect balance of being aggressive but safe. πŸ’›

23. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@Kaohinani: I’m sorry to hear that your cycle had to be cancelled. I’m continuously amazed at how much knowledge you have about your body and cycle and reproduction - it’s remarkable! I hope that something was learned this cycle and you and your RE can take that info to refine things going forward.

24. fuzzypeaches

clementine / 950 posts

@Kaohinani: I’m sorry 😐 so frustrating. Did your RE have any thoughts on next cycle adjustments??
    Man. I was reading this and wondering if I would dtd or not in this situation it would be tempting for sure even though I know the risks are also so high πŸ€”

25. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@Kaohinani: I'm sorry you're not feeling well and this cycle didn't work out the way you, and all of us here too, hoped.

26. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Clementine12: how is it going? Are we waiting out AF our testing early? Any non symptoms?

27. Clementine12

apricot / 322 posts

@Sams Mom: I tested today - 11 DPO by my count. I knew yesterday it would be pos - I was out of breath all day, my boobs hurt, and had cramps that reminded me of pregnancy with my DD (that stretching sensation, if you know what I mean). I told my husband via text ugh haha.

A few other symptoms I experienced were insomnia and baby dreams (I've had 2 in a row now where I was pregnant and in labor with wacky circumstances).

Seems light but I'm hopeful. Praying for a sticky baby now.

28. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Clementine12: wow! Congratulations momma! I can see it, and it's only 11 dpo, that's great on an internet cheapie!

29. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

2/24: SweetCaroline
    TBD: Creativemomma15

Good luck, ladies!

πŸ™‹β€β™€οΈ Amazingly Supportive Cheerleaders:
    β€’ Yellowbeach
    β€’ BhBee

30. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Clementine12: πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ What a way to start the month! Congrats lady!!! 🎲 🎲 🎲

31. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@Clementine12: congrats!!!

32. SweetCaroline

pear / 1718 posts

@Clementine12: Congratulations!!

33. SweetCaroline

pear / 1718 posts

@Kaohinani: Thinking of you today and hope you are doing okay.

34. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@SweetCaroline: the stomach bug has come down with a vengeance on her and her daughter. 😢

35. SweetCaroline

pear / 1718 posts

@Sams Mom: ugh. I was afraid of that. That's the pits.

36. Clementine12

apricot / 322 posts

Thanks, ladies. Hope this month is full of positives

@Kaohinani thinking of you and your kiddo - hope you're all feeling better quickly

37. Phillybaby2013

kiwi / 520 posts

β€’ Cycle Day: 18
    β€’ TTC Cycle: 2
    β€’ Ovulation Date: positive opk 2/4, not confirmed yet
    β€’ POAS Date: will start 2/13 even though it will be too early because I'm a POASaholic
    β€’ Baby #:3
    -- FUN OPTIONAL QUESTIONS:
    1.) Do you have any "sweet" Valentine's Day plans this year? It's $1 cannoli day at our local Italian deli and they are A-MAZING so I told DH to bring those home. My birthday is the 17th so we don't do much for V-Day.
    2.) If not Valentine's Day, what is your FAVORITE holiday and why? Christmas is my fave. I love everything about it. The season makes me so happy.

Jumping in a little late! Got a positive OPK today, hoping for a temp rise tomorrow. My temps are wonky due to working overnights but I did pretty good this month remembering to take it. I literally had to beg DH to DTD after telling him last month not to let me convince him otherwise so I wasn't pregnant for our kid free vaca in early March. He even bought condoms but I was like pleeeeeeeeease do it. I'm going to be hearing a big fat "I told you so" if I end up pregnant. Oh well.

ETA: I tried to attach my chart but it's been so long I don't remember how!

38. Phillybaby2013

kiwi / 520 posts

This comment has been deleted by the original poster.

39. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@Clementine12: Congratulations! Such great news!

@Phillybaby2013: Welcome and good luck!

@Kaohinani: Get well soon!

40. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

2/13: PhillyBaby2013