Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2019 POAS

1. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: My temp went from 97.35Β°F to 97.79Β°F last night. So IDK, but the "oops" may or may not be my unintended "lucky." πŸ€”

2. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

Page 6 update (so I don't lose my place)

Update for page 5:

β„πŸ«πŸ·πŸ’• FEBRUARY 2019 POAS πŸ’•πŸ·πŸ«β„

2/4: Clementine12
    2/10: Creativemomma15
    2/11: Chuckles
    2/13: PhillyBaby2013
    2/14: FuzzyPeaches
    2/18: Paranundrum
    2/22: Kaohinani
    2/22: Sam's Mom
    2/24: SweetCaroline

Good luck, ladies!

πŸ™‹β€β™€οΈ Amazingly Supportive Cheerleaders:
    β€’ Yellowbeach
    β€’ BhBee

3. SweetCaroline

pear / 1718 posts

@Kaohinani: welcome back! Glad you're feeling better. You already made me spit all over my phone when you told YellowBeach to give DH a Ziploc (I was SO intrigued) and your old her to block 30-45 minutes. 4.5. minutes. That's and impressive time block. πŸ˜πŸ™ˆ

4. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@SweetCaroline: that's what I was thinking too πŸ˜‚ a quickie is far less, and hell a regular BD when sneaking around a toddler is less than that 🀣

5. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@SweetCaroline: Thank you.
    I'm glad I can humor someone. πŸ˜‰πŸ‘

@Sams Mom: DH doesn't "quickie" well and it ends up a marathon instead of a sprint! πŸ˜‚πŸ™ŠπŸ™‰πŸ™ˆπŸ€£ (That is why anywhere between 30 mins and an hour seems normal to me. πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ)
    We have to schedule our BD-ING at 4:30/5 am, during G's nap (when T is at school),or after 9:30 pm (so I am certain both kiddos are actually sleeping!). It is so sad 😟😢😢😢🀣

ANNND, on that note, everyone now knows WAY too much about my TTC sex life. πŸ™„πŸ˜‚

6. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@SweetCaroline @SamsMom: Glad I’m not the only one who had to reread that time length too. Lol. I mean, phewww not sure I’m down for that long either 😜 but man @kaohinani: props to you and your DH for a robust sex life!

7. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@yellowbeach: LOLOLOL.
    Thanks! πŸ‘πŸ˜‚

8. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

Ok now I think it’s a βž•

(top is now, bottom is the one from this morning that I posted earlier)

9. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@yellowbeach: now we're talking!

10. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

Totally not POAS... But apparently I shouldn't be allowed to cut baby shirts out after 10 PM...

So question time:
    1) the cactuses? Cacti? Are sideways on accident... Should I scrap it? Or is it a big deal?

2) does the oversized scales on the inside of the mermaid one look ok? Or do I need to get a smaller interior print?

3) the stripes inside the bear one was supposed to be horizontal... πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ Keep or scrap the angled stripes?

11. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

Soooooooo, TD "took away" yesterday's high temp. I guess I am not OV. πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ I am getting frustrated ... when will I OV after a cancelled cycle?!?! Overstimming and high E2 stink!

@Sams Mom: I think you are worrying too much as the baby shirts look lovely. The cacti are fine. I have seen dresses with sideways prints, so why not an infant's shirt? The mermaid is my favorite as I love the blue shades on the inside. The bear one is fine .
    . Stop worrying about horizontal stripes - they are fine. It appears all your stress is over the INSIDE of each of these blouses. The inside, albeit adorable, matters much less than the outside (* They aren't people, after all, where the inside matters more. πŸ˜‰πŸ€£) so I would leave them all "as is."

12. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Sams Mom: I’m confused - are these bibs or are you planning to make a quilt? Whatever the plan, the fabric is awesome. Love the colors. All unisex but not bland like most gender neutral stuff.

13. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@yellowbeach: they're "diaper" shirts that I sew for a non profit for preemies. They Velcro shut so they can easily come open, and they accommodate too small for clothes babies, and/or any tubes/wires/IVs

14. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: I haven't sewn in months, and I'm just always a little crazy picky when I start again just to make sure everything is up to snuff.

The sideways cacti is my biggest concern, but the almost too big print on the mermaids concern me... But that is one of the smallest sizes we make (1lb 8oz- 2lb 8oz), which done babies that size aren't permitted clothes in some NICUs... So maybe it won't look as odd on a larger size shirt

15. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Sams Mom: Man where were you when we were in the NICU These are great!

16. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@yellowbeach: I had not yet discovered the greatness of HB... Hopefully you never need my services again, but I'll make any that anyone on HB needs.

17. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Sams Mom: that’s so sweet of you.

@Kaohinani: Can you please move me from cheerleader to a POAS date if 2/19. very positive OPK this morning (test darker than control) and digital also reading peak. Successfully seduced DH this morning. I’m in the game. πŸ‘Š

18. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@yellowbeach: YAY!!! 😁 I can, most certainly, do that for you!

Hey, I have a few questions for you (I asked it on Follistim thread), have you ever used an injectable but had the cycle cancelled? Did you ovulate early or late? If I don't OV will I end up with cysts? If I don't OV (or get an AF) will I be given medication to induce AF so I can start the next cycle?
    Sorry for bombarding you with a plenitude of queries. Thank you in advance for any response.

19. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

2/19: Yellowbeach

Good luck, ladies!

β€’ BhBee

20. Chuckles

persimmon / 1495 posts

I'm out this month. Still a bfn at 12dpo this morning and feel totally normal. I'll check in with my RE about the next cycle. I think we'll adjust my Femara dose and try another medicated cycle. @Kaohinani: What is the difference between Femara and Follistim? I did not respond well to the Femara, in terms of number of mature follicles, but the nurse said they could increase the dose for next time.

21. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Kaohinani: I personally haven't had that happen and since I'm not OB/RE, a little outside my medical wheelhouse. From my experience in some other infertility groups, usually the REs wait for AF to come on her own - which is always a source of stress (more waiting). When do you touch base with yours again, Monday?

@Chuckles: Sorry to hear you are out. Unfortunately FRER is giving you a taste of what it gave me back in Aug/Sept. The only bright side of AF when she comes is it means it's CD1, and a new opportunity.

22. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Chuckles: I am sorry that you are out this cycle.

To respond:
    Femara is an aromatase inhibitor approved for breast cancer patients whose tumors are sensitive to estrogens. An aromatase inhibitor reduces the production of estrogen temporarily causing the brain to secrete FSH and LH which stimulate follicle development.
    Follistim, on the other hand, is pure FSH. FSH is normally produced by the pituitary gland which is located at the base of the brain. FSH stimulates the eggs to grow and when given in higher doses can overcome the body's normal mechanisms that prevent the release of more than one egg (which can in turn lead to multiple births.). Because of the chemical structure of FSH, it will not work when taken by mouth, so it always must be given by injection. Injectable drugs are often effective when oral medications have failed. This is because they often produce better quality eggs and the lining of the uterus is more receptive to the embryo. They bypass use of one's brain to produce FSH and directly place the FSH into one's system which renders gonadotropins (such as Follistim) to be more effective.

23. Chuckles

persimmon / 1495 posts

@yellowbeach: Thanks. The relative sensitivity of the FRERs can be both good and bad (and the stupid false positives/evap lines are the worst). So much luck to you this month! Does it feel weird/good to be giving it a try on your own again?

24. Chuckles

persimmon / 1495 posts

@Kaohinani: Besides the fact that Femara is an oral med and Follistim is injectable, my impression was that Follistim is newer and could be more effective. Is that what you also think?

25. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@yellowbeach: I don't. I will see either my RE or his medical partner (* She is amazing as well) on CD3 OR THREE weeks after my last dose of Follistim (which was Feb 1st) if I do not have an AF. My RE's nurse told me that most women OV within a week of the last dose. It has been 8 days and I haven't OV-ed. Some women won't OV until their E2 is within a normal level so I'm suspecting it may be that. IDK, no one seems to have an answer.

26. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Chuckles: See above response. Follistim directly places FSH in your body while both Clomid and Femara reduces E2 which causes the pituitary gland to secrete FSH (in lower concentrations than an injectable FSH). Follistim is more effective because it bypasses the brain (essentially) and places pure FSH into one's system.

27. Clementine12

apricot / 322 posts

@Kaohinani: I can't imagine having to make a decision to try or not try in your position - how are you feeling about it all? I am thinking if this were me I would be relieved to have the choice be out of my hands!

28. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Clementine12: I am torn. I am [half] glad the cycle was cancelled due to overstimulation and too many follicles but I am also [half] upset as this is one more cycle I did not get pregnant (or OV as of yet!). I am glad the choice is out of my hands though and I won't have to selectively reduce embies ... I don't know if I could after trying for so long.

29. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Chuckles: It's a little scary to be honest. DH and I talked last night about if we should even be trying on our own since I'm 40 and another major chromosomal issue ending in TFMR might seriously break one or both of us. But at the same time, I feel like with IVF not working so far (still have lots of hope for this upcoming cycle), we should play all our cards. A gamble, yes, but I feel like after all we've been through this year, we are due for some good luck. At my age the risk of T21 is 1 in 100, and the overall risk for some kind of chromosomal issue due to age/bad eggs is 30%. Not all of those would necessarily be clinically significant though.

Sorry, loaded response.

Oh, and my meds for IVF just arrived 30 minutes ago, so that might guarantee a BFP this month, right @kaohinani?

30. Chuckles

persimmon / 1495 posts

@yellowbeach: I totally understand. I just turned 39 and I'm trying to ease DH into thinking about IVF with PGD mostly to avoid genetic issues as much as possible, plus of course avoiding another loss as much as possible. So much to you this month. Hopefully you won't need those meds

31. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@yellowbeach: Let's hope for something great! πŸ€žπŸ˜‰πŸ˜

32. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Yellowbeach: and @Chuckles:
    I turn 39 on the 22nd. I feel as the the hour glass is running low and as though the last 3 years have been wasted trying (and this cycle is included). DH and I discussed IVF but since my problem without meds is simply the underdevelopment of my ova, he wants to try 1-3 cycles of TI, and then, a cycle or two of IUI before we make the investment for IVF (* note - IVF or medication during the cycle is NOT covered through Tricare Reserve Select). It is frustrating all around because, simply, I just want my old bod to do what it did 11 and 5 years ago -- Get pregnant! I am, normally, a very positive person but, man, if anything can get me down, it is my infertility.

33. azaela

pea / 20 posts

@Sams Mom: @Kaohinani: Hi and thanks ladies. So I thought I had O'd 1/23 or 1/24 and usually get AF exactly 2 weeks later right when I wake up. She finally showed today. Which was relief mixed with disappointment even though we were not TTC. I would love another but DH is not on board (although he has opted not to do anything but pull n pray!) and also I am getting too old. I loved these POAS boards and the support you all give each other is awesome Keeping all my fingers and toes crossed for everyone!

34. bees_knees

persimmon / 1064 posts

Hello everyone! I’m ready to hop on the crazy train with you πŸ˜‚

β€’ Cycle Day: I think like CD31? I’m still nursing my 1 year old and I only have had one (mini) period/spotting and I forgot to write down when it was πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ

β€’ TTC Cycle: 1

β€’ Ovulation Date: today or yesterday! I had a pos OPK two days ago but it was REALLY positive yesterday. I’m not temping right now so can’t be sure πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ we only hit yesterday (so either O or O-1?) due to DH being out of town so we’ll see!
    β€’ POAS Date: probably tomorrow (1DPO πŸ˜‚) because I can’t restrain myself. PEE ON ALL THE STICKS!! But I will try to restrain myself until 2/18

β€’ Baby #: 4! (Gulp 😳) we have three boys...4, 2, and 1.

-- FUN OPTIONAL QUESTIONS:
    1.) Do you have any "sweet" Valentine's Day plans this year? It snuck up on me! We’ll make valentines for DS1’s class...maybe I’ll ask my mom if she can babysit for a date night?
    2.) If not Valentine's Day, what is your FAVORITE holiday and why? Christmas. Maybe thanksgiving. I don’t know. The ones where I can eat πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

35. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@azaela: πŸ’™

@bees_knees: Welcome! 😁 No problem πŸ‘, I can add you to our board. Good luck this cycle!

36. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

2/18: Bees_knees
    2/19: Yellowbeach

Good luck, ladies!

β€’ BhBee

37. Chuckles

persimmon / 1495 posts

@Kaohinani: Thanks again for the Follistim info. Sorry I should have read your response more closely. I guess part of my question was whether Follistim is usually used after Femara or Clomid haven't been effective or whether it's becoming more of a first-line medication because it's more effective.
    Also, I totally hear you about getting older and feeling like you are wasting time. I think being 39 is one of the most stressful parts of this. If I was younger (and our son was younger), I would feel like we have time to take breaks from interventions if we need it for our mental health. We are planning to do another round of meds+trigger+TI, but I brought up IUI today to DH just because I feel like we need the best chances possible each month, but he wants to stick with TI for now.
    Hopefully now that your docs have figured out what's going on you won't have to wait too much longer! But it does suck that dosages and how effective something will be can vary for each person, so it's a little bit of trial and error.

38. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Chuckles: Thank you for the commiseration.

As for Femara (or Clomid) versus an injectable gonadotropin (such a Follistim); most OBGYNs will use Femara or Clomid as it is (1) lower in potency, (2) doesn't "have" to be monitored, (3) is easily prescribed versus injectables which are usually through a specialized pharmacy, and, (4) most people respond well to them. Also, note - the majority of OBGYN physicians don't normally prescribe gonadotropins. If an individual is Clomid or Femara resistant, an OBGYN may refer an individual to a RE ... the RE will, then, do a work up and will prescribe a gonadotropin. Injectables can be used in conjunction WITH Clomid or Femara if one is not producing quality ova (or in cases such as those with PCOS or a low AMH). So, as you can see, with OBGYNs and many REs, Clomid or Femara is a first-line treatment; however, for MOST REs, gonadotropins will be prescribed immediately if (1) tests indicate a need due to reproductive issues such as PCOS, ovulation of immature ova, or unexplained fertility, and/OR (2) if other treatments failed.
    I hope this better clarifies, as I must have had misunderstood your original inquiry. πŸ˜‰

39. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

So we went to buy a recliner for my husband today. We ended up buying a recliner AND a new master bedroom set πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ...

And all I can think is that money could have got us somewhere with an RE πŸ˜‚

40. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Sams Mom: Maybe the new furniture will help facilitate baby #2?
    #reclinerboogie

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee