Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

Hey Nov 2012 Mamas!

1. MamaMoose

GOLD / squash / 13464 posts

@highwire: I started unisom and B6 and it's already really making a difference for me. I'm less nauseated and because I'm feeling better I'm sleeping better which is really helping with my energy. I decided that since I was at the point where I was feeling sick enough that it was affecting my work it was time to do something about it. Just something to consider!

2. clery

olive / 61 posts

Hi Everybody!
    Just saw this thread today.
    I'm 29, hubby is 28.
    EDD is November 11, 2012

I am from Vancouver, BC so tests given here seem a little different from there in the States. I had my first big check up just this past Monday (at 12 weeks) and we heard the heartbeat for the first time. Had plenty of blood tests done and the irst imaging ultrasound is not scheduled until late June!

3. DillonLion

GOLD / eggplant / 11517 posts

@MamaMoose: Agh! Just saw this. I've actually been feeling steadily better over the last week or so, thank goodness! How are you doing?

4. DillonLion

@clery: Hi!

5. mrsjyw

GOLD / wonderful apricot / 22646 posts

@clery: WELCOME AND CONGRATS!

6. ChelseaRose

persimmon / 1161 posts

Today is the first day of my second trimester!!

7. petuniasandpearls

cherry / 220 posts

I'm 10.5 weeks now and I feel like I'm finally starting to get my energy back...I still want to go to bed (and usually do) at 930, but I'm not doing everything I can not to fall asleep at my desk during work. I don't have a cute bump yet, but I look a little chubby in the tummy.

My next appointment is next Thursday and I'm anxiously awaiting it!

8. ChelseaRose

persimmon / 1161 posts

@petunias: good luck at your appointment this week! I hope all is well with the little one!

At 13 weeks I am definitely less tired and less nauseated.

9. mrsjyw

Just past the 12 week mark now... anxiously awaiting my next appt at 14w2d.... how is everyone feeling this week?

10. DillonLion

My second appointment is on Thursday! Doc said we'd be using the doppler for the first time, so I'm excited to hear the heartbeat for the first time, even though we definitely saw it on the ultrasound a month ago

Will be 12 weeks on Friday!

11. mrsjyw

@highwire: aww yay! hearing the heartbeat was amazing! i think it was even more surreal than our first u/s!

12. MamaMoose

Feeling OK. Had an ultrasound at 10w 3d last Wednesday and everything looked good. Had a little spotting Saturday that concerned me but then had a nice puke on Sunday that reassured me all was well : ) We should be hearing the heartbeat at our appointment this Wednesday which I'm really looking forward to. And then we should be having our NT scan sometime next week. I'm really hoping all goes well because hubs is going home for a wedding on May 18th and I'd love for him to be able to announce in person to his extended family. (Don't worry, not at the wedding, the wedding is for a friend. We aren't thunder stealers like that!)

13. mrsjyw

@MamaMoose: aww, hope you're feeling better from the yakking. and i've read that spotting is a symptom for some women so i wouldn't fret too much about it!

enjoy your next appt!

as far as the NT scan... so at my 10w2d appt, dr took a vile of blood but no u/s... i know he said that at my next appt 14w2d, he'll take another blood test, but no u/s...

is there a first/second trimester screening that only involves blood tests?

14. MamaMoose

@mrsjyw: At my doctor's office the the 12 week testing includes blood work and an ultrasound.. but the screening is optional. So they asked me at my very first appointment if we wanted to do it and I said yes really just as another chance to get a look at the little bean. Even if the screen shows risk factors we likely will not go ahead with an amnio since there are so many false positives. But we will have to see what they come back with before we make a final decision on that.

15. kml636

pomegranate / 3225 posts

I had my 13 week appt today!

I was sssssssuuuupppper nervous after not hearing a heartbeat at this point in my last pregnancy. So thankful and relieved that everything looked great today!

She just checked the heartbeat and we met the midwife who will be doing all of our care from here on out. Next month is the quad screen, if we decide to do it. I'm still not sure.
    @MamaMoose: Sorry to hear about your spotting! Hope you are feeling better!

16. mrsjyw

@MamaMoose: thank you for the clarification!

@KML636: HOORAY! so glad you had a great appt today!

AND IM SO HAPPY TO SEE OUR THREAD WITH ACTIVITY TODAY

17. DillonLion

@mrsjyw: Me too!!

18. kml636

pomegranate / 3225 posts

@highwire: & @mrsjyw: Me too!

19. MamaMoose

@kml636: So glad to hear your appointment went well. You must be so comforted to know that at this point all is progressing perfectly!!

I can't wait to hear the heartbeat. I had to go in unexpectedly last week because of some cramping and they tried to hear the heartbeat and we think we heard one woosh but couldn't really get it (ultrasound confirmed that all is fine though). I'm really hoping they don't have any trouble finding it at my appointment this week!

20. hmsorensen

pea / 6 posts

I think I posted on the other one too, but I'll join in here too!

I'm 31, DH is 35. Pregnant with 1st baby (1st cycle) - due 11/16

Had my NT u/s today. They didn't give us any numbers, but said I'd know the results in 2 weeks. Heartbeat was at 154 (had dating u/s around 8 weeks and heartbeat was 174). Had my 1st Dr appointment after the u/s. She tried to use the dopplar, but my heartbeat was too loud and baby wasn't cooperating, so she said we'd try again next time!

Other than that, I've had 0 morning sickness (sorry...not tyring to brag) but am constantly eating! I've been very tired, so I'm hoping the 2nd trimester brings more energy!

Happy to be on this journey with all of you!

21. SleepyMonkey

grapefruit / 4006 posts

Hi ladies! So glad to hear everyone is doing well. I had an appointment last Friday and we just listened to the heartbeat which was reassuring. It is kinda hard to not worry between doctor's appointments because you can't feel the baby yet, so I always worry that something might go wrong. My skirts/pants are getting tighter now, but the bella bands that i ordered won't be shipped until next week! I hope i can make it until then.

I am going to try out my first prenatal yoga class tonight. Getting motivated to exercise during this pregnancy has been really tough for me. I feel alternately lazy and if I do motivate to work out, I feel guilty sometimes for some reason. I was thinking about looking on Netflix or Youtube for some good prenatal workout videos, but if anyone has some recommendations on how they incorporate exercise into their routine, please do share!

@hmsorensen: welcome and congrats!! so jealous that you didn't have any morning sickness!

22. ksnow

apricot / 371 posts

Feeling pretty good! I'm 12W6D, and the nausea has subsided mostly (unless I do a bad job remembering to eat) and I have some of my energy back, but not quite to a normal level. I've been trying my best to exercise, I used to 5+ times/week, but so far have only been getting in probably about 3 times/week. Sometimes I feel like when I go to the gym, that's all the energy I have for the day and I just want to nap afterwards!

No more appointments until 16 weeks for us. (We did the first at 10 weeks where we did an US & heard heartbeat and another at 12 where we heard the heartbeat with doppler, in the 160's). I'll probably try that at home doppler again soon to tide me over, but last time all I could find were my veins everywhere.

23. kml636

pomegranate / 3225 posts

@MamaMoose: oh I hope you can hear at your next appt!

24. kml636

pomegranate / 3225 posts

@ksnow: our due dates must be only one day apart! Yay!

25. mrsjyw

I guess I kind of screwed things up making this second thread huh? LOL.... between the two we're at 130+ posts!

Anyway, saw this over at WB and thought this would be a good way for us to keep each other all updated on where we are at throughout the pregnancy!

How far along? 12 weeks 2 days

Total weight gain: 2-3 pounds

Maternity clothes? work pants and 2 pairs of shorts

Stretch marks? None yet

Sleep: Sleep thru the night, but crazy dreams, always wake up at 5am for bathroom

Best moment this week: Getting some energy back after feeling pretty exhausted last weekend

Miss Anything? Turkey sandwiches

Food cravings: Not really, just random Korean food. Carrots and peanut butter (but I think it's because I saw a bag of fresh baby carrots in our fridge last night).

Anything making you queasy or sick: Eggs

Symptoms: Fatigue, random migraines, short of breath, etc.

Happy or Moody most of the time: Pretty happy, but quick to get annoyed

Looking forward to: Next appt at 14w1d!

26. SleepyMonkey

grapefruit / 4006 posts

@mrsjyw: i love turkey sandwiches too and i couldnt bear to give them up, so i just microwave it and ta-da! Hot turkey sandwich...with cheese, pickles, mayo and mustard. Hah..sounds a little weird but i love them.

27. DillonLion

How far along? 11 weeks, 4 days

Total weight gain: Unknown. Don't care to know, unless it is too little or too much according to doctor.

Maternity clothes? Pants exclusively. Pre-preg tops are too small, maternity tops are too big.

Stretch marks? Nothing new yet. But have some from previous gain/loss in my life.

Sleep: Variable. Sometimes sleep a lot. Sometimes can't sleep. Enjoying naughty dreams which have replaced the nightmares lately. Woo!

Best moment this week: Spent time at the aquarium and the zoo! Loved seeing animals.

Miss Anything? Lots of energy.

Food cravings: Nothing in particular. Although I did have some delicious Thai food yesterday and today. And I already want more.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Almost all types of meat. Chicken, beef, etc. Fish is okay.

Symptoms: Fatigue, nausea (although both of these are coming less and less frequently.)

Looking forward to: Next doctor's appointment on Thursday!

28. hmsorensen

pea / 6 posts

How far along? 12 weeks, 4 days

Total weight gain: 8lbs...was just at the Dr yesterday, otherwise I don't own a scale.

Maternity clothes? Wearing 1st pair of maternity jeans today...they are comfortable, but I keep pulling them up. I was lucky to get a bunch of hand me downs. Need more shirts though!

Stretch marks? Not that I've notice (fingers crossed!)

Sleep: Up every 2-4 hours to pee, but sleep fairly well in between. Some troubles falling asleep some nights...crazy weird dreams!

Best moment this week: Seeing our baby via u/s yesterday!

Miss Anything? Wine

Food cravings: Not really

Anything making you queasy or sick: All foods I ate a lot of pre-pregnancy.

Symptoms: Fatigue, constantly hungry, sore boobs

Looking forward to: the weekend...last weekend was too busy!

29. petuniasandpearls

cherry / 220 posts

How far along? 11 weeks, 1 days

Total weight gain: 2 lbs

Maternity clothes? I've been wearing some small pregnancy tops. The tops that I previously wore were getting too tight in the stomach and just didn't look flattering.

Stretch marks? Nope

Sleep: Can't get enough of it. However, I'm starting to get back pain in the middle of the night.

Best moment this week: Telling the last of my good friends that we're expecting! She's been out of the country and I wanted to tell her in person.

Miss Anything? Mimosas. I had a sip of one at brunch the other day and it was amazing. I want a carafe of mimosas now.

Food cravings: Sweets, which is odd because I am normally NOT a sweets fan. I eat a LOT right now...I feel like I am constantly thinking about where my next meal/snack is going to come from.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Meat, fish, herbs, garlic, onions, tomatoes, wet towels, dirty dishes...

Symptoms: Headaches, fatigue, and my boobs are still really painful

Looking forward to: Going to the doctor on Thursday and I *hope* we can schedule our next ultrasound for next week (it needs to be between 12-14 weeks).

30. ksnow

apricot / 371 posts

How far along? 12 weeks 7 days (according to the baby bump app - although that sounds weird to me. I'll be 13 weeks tomorrow anyway!)

Total weight gain: 1-2 lbs

Maternity clothes? I've been using the bella band on some pants, they could all technically still button, but it's just feels tight. I have ordered some shorts/tops and they are in the mail, I want to make sure I have them on hand when I really need them.

Stretch marks? No

Sleep: Usually get up to pee at some point. Not taking as many naps as I was, but an occasional one still slips in.

Best moment this week: Not pregnancy related, but taking little weekend island getaway with the hubby.

Miss Anything? not really.

Food cravings: nothing yet. I don't feel as nauseaus anymore, but I still don't really want food that much. I've definetly been hungrier the past few days, so it makes it challenging to find stuff to eat. Can I just go on a cruise so someone will prepare all my meals for me ?

Anything making you queasy or sick: sugar. If I eat a dessert type thing, even if it's normal sized I feel kind of sugar buzzed/weird afterwards.

Symptoms: Fatigue & getting out of breath faster while working out.

Looking forward to: A visible bump!

31. ChelseaRose

persimmon / 1161 posts

How far along? 14 weeks (today)

Total weight gain: none (I'm overweight to begin with)

Maternity clothes? I've only worn maternity jeans a few times, but nothing else.

Stretch marks? No new ones, but I have plenty!

Sleep: I've been waking up multiple times due to dreams, aches, etc. Only once to pee though.

Best moment this week: Date night with my husband on Saturday.

Miss Anything? Margaritas on Cinco de Mayo.

Food cravings: Water with tons of ice, carbs (like bagels for breakfast).

Anything making you queasy or sick: Chicken (don't eat red meat). Being hungry makes me fe nauseated.

Symptoms: Tired, headaches, some nausea.

Looking forward to: My next OB appointment on 5/25!

32. kml636

pomegranate / 3225 posts

How far along? 13 weeks and 4 days
    Total weight gain: I refuse to know
    Maternity clothes? not yet, but soon! wearing stretchy skirts and pants that were always too big
    Stretch marks? None yet
    Sleep: trying to sleep on my side, this is going to be a challenge!
    Best moment this week: hearing the heartbeat at 13 weeks!
    Miss Anything? wine!
    Food cravings: potato chips, last night it was oreos
    Anything making you queasy or sick: nope
    Symptoms: right now, it's a rapid heartbeat! dizziness when I get up.
    Happy or Moody most of the time: happy but tired!
    Looking forward to: next appt at 17 weeks!

33. DillonLion

We had our second OB appointment this morning, and we got to hear the heartbeat on the doppler for the first time (we had previously only seen it on the ultrasound a month ago)! It was a healthy 156 BPM.

34. MamaMoose

@highwire: We just heard the heartbeat for the first time yesterday. It was at 166. Isn't it amazing?? I totally cried!

35. MamaMoose

How far along? 11 weeks 4 days

Total weight gain: Currently down three pounds

Maternity clothes? Not yet but buying some pants this weekend. My work pants squeeze my bloated tummy.

Stretch marks? Nope!

Sleep: Depends on the night. Last night was great, others, not so much. Up at least once every night to pee. Usually around 4:30.

Best moment this week: Had an ultrasound yesterday and got to see baby and also heard the heartbeat on the doppler for the first time. So amazing!!

Miss Anything? Steaming hot baths.

Food cravings: I'll have random cravings but nothing consistent. But if a dill pickle is within ten feet of me I will eat it! I can't get enough! But I loved them even before being preggers.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Again, depends on the day.

Symptoms: Nausea, terribly aching hips and back (I start physical therapy on Monday!), bloating and all sorts of digestive issues. In the last week I've started getting light headedness and shortness of breath if I do anything at all physical.

Happy or Moody most of the time: Pretty happy. I really haven't been very moody, more just stressed about everything being OK with the baby.

Looking forward to: Next Wed I have my NT screening. After that appointment as long as all goes well we'll be telling the whole extended family and friends, etc.

36. MamaMoose

I'm so jealous that you are craving water!! Water really makes me gag and I'm having such a hard time getting enough every day!!

37. SleepyMonkey

grapefruit / 4006 posts

Bumping this to the top!

How far along? 15 weeks today.

Total weight gain: flat from first appointment.

Maternity clothes? none yet...bella bands in the mail

Stretch marks? Not yet

Sleep: Tired around 9pm, wake up at 2-3am every morning to pee

Best moment this week: receiving our first gift....a cradle swing from my sweet SIL and brother

Miss Anything? RED WINE. i am a wino.

Food cravings: chewy, fruity candy. bagels & cream cheese.

Anything making you queasy or sick: bell peppers.

Symptoms: Heartburn, gas.

Happy or Moody most of the time: generally happy, but my threshold for getting irritated is much lower than it used to be.

Looking forward to: finding out the gender at 20w, it seems like forever away.

38. ChelseaRose

persimmon / 1161 posts

Today I was able to use my home doppler to listen to the baby's heartbeat! It was in the 150s! Yay! Such an awesome sound. My husband was at work, so I texted him about it and told him we will try it again later. He said that he can't wait.

For reference, I've had the doppler for a few weeks, but I'm overweight and that makes it more difficult to hear. I looked at some pics online as to where the baby is at 14 weeks and I was able to find it pretty quickly. I guess it is the right combination of baby growing stronger and knowing where to look. I will probably listen for a short period of time (a minute or two) every day or every other day until I start feeling movement.

39. DillonLion

Celebrating 12 weeks of pregnancy today! So happy, and feeling SO MUCH BETTER! Hallelujah.

@ChelseaRose: Our doc used the Doppler on me yesterday, and it took a few minutes to find the heartbeat. The baby is still sitting really low in my pelvis, so the doctor had to move the Doppler down almost to my pubic bone to get the heartbeat to show up. I'm also a little overweight, so I was worried we were going to have trouble.

40. MamaMoose

@highwire: My doc was all up in my business with the doppler. She had it angled pointed under my pelvic bone but she got it right away.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee