Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

IF Check In - 3/12

1. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

Dang it! Was I supposed to buy baby aspirin and not Tylenol?! ugh..I forgot my phone in my car, so I couldn't check when I was in the store.

2. Hoots

kiwi / 673 posts

@NorthStar: Thanks! Yep, they are looking for doubling, and it was almost triple, so I'll gladly take that!

As for the tylenol question: Could it maybe be baby aspirin you're thinking about instead? That comes in 81mg doses.

ETA: Yeah, I think it is baby aspirin, then.

3. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@Hoots: yay congrats!

4. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

@AmeliaBedilia: I'll be thinking of you Sunday! If you go the IUI route, I would think your OB would let you try this cycle...but usually, they would at least want a Clomid/Femera cycle because it helps with a strong O! But since you know DH has MF issues, there is no reason to believe you don't have strong O on your own. Good luck with your decision!

5. AmeliaBedilia

nectarine / 2192 posts

@sarahnicole218: Thanks for all your support!

DH and I had a good conversation last night. I found some interesting research about how laptops affect sperm. After only 4 hours, sperm under a laptop with WiFi had 9% DNA damage, compared to 3% for controls. Sperm counts were unchanged. DH spends multiple hours a day with his laptop on his lap. He had started a supplement he has been taking for about 2 months. It makes me wonder if the laptop was making it even worse (maybe 1-2%), the supplement has improved things a little, and that with stopping the laptop as much as possible and supplements, maybe it will go up to normal. Despite my tests being normal, I was so convinced we'd be unexplained and after so much disappointment, that I worry that there is another issue and it will never happen.

DH also said that he isn't sure, but he is leaning toward seeing RE with the plan to do nothing this cycle besides BD/supplements/avoid laptop, and possibly IUI next cycle. The downside is this is a little longer, and means I wouldn't deliver til 2016, meaning a pregnancy could span two deductibles (mine is $5000). On the upside, the sperm will likely be in better shape, there would be enough time for me to do femara, and since AF started today, my due date if this is the cycle would be Christmas Day (suboptimal).

After all the worrying that there was something wrong with me, it is odd and freeing to think that my body is doing what it is supposed to. We just need to get some good swimmers in there!

6. YogiRunner

clementine / 849 posts

@ameliabedilia: wishing you so much luck!

One of my dear friends just sent the cutest photo of her bump. I am so over the moon for her but just went into an empty conference room for a little cry. I am literally the only one of my married friends who isn't preg yet. SIGH.

7. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@YogiRunner: oh hun I'm so sorry! You are entitled to a little cry and still be happy for her!

8. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@AmeliaBedilia: Good luck to you too and I hope that a change in your DH's habits regarding the laptop make a difference..I feel like I'm constantly assessing what we are doing and how that affects trying to conceive. I hope this works for you!

9. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@sarahnicole218: How are you feeling?! When is your first appointment?

10. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@sarahnicole218: I'm sorry about your deductible, but glad that you were able to sit down with your dh! Just keep your eyes on the goal, and have faith that you will be a mom one day.

@YogiRunner: Luckily I do not have any close friends that are currently pregnant, but there are a few couples close to me that are recently married and I'm dreading if/when they announce their pregnancies.

11. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

@AmeliaBedilia: fwiw, the RE told me that it takes 3 months for sperm to be produced. So the sperm that are released now were made 3 months ago.
    This TWW is killing me and I'm only 3dpo. Ugh. I'm probably the patient that my nurses hate. I just called and left a message asking if I could take baby aspirin. And also I was wondering how thick my lining was because they never told me that. I'm sure they are totally rolling their eyes at me.
    ETA: my phone randomly tag people! Weird!
    So the nurse called back and said that my lining was at a 6.6 at my last ultrasound which was four days before the IUI. She said they want it to be at seven and assumed it would be there no problem. (Shrugs) also she said it was fine to take "baby" aspirin- 81mg-so I'm going to start it.

12. Hoots

kiwi / 673 posts

@travellingbee: ! All my fingers and toes are crossed for you!

@YogiRunner:

@AmeliaBedilia: Glad you were able to talk to DH and have a semi-plan. Hopefully, he just needs time to process. For my DH, it was like pulling teeth to get him to get the SA done. He was against speaking with an RE up until the point where he knew it wasn't his problem. After his numbers came back fine, he was all about me making an appointment. So maybe it's just a guy pride thing? and FX on Sunday. And I'm sorry the deductible thing. That definitely sucks.

13. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

@NorthStar: I still feel fairly "normal," so I'm trying to enjoy it before it gets worse! My biggest symptom is fatigue, wowza! I am either in bed super early or I take super long naps (I just woke up from one). I'm getting fairly impatient for my first appt, which will be when I am 7 weeks on April 2nd.

After 2 years of IF, it's so hard to shake the pessimism and I tend to brace myself for disappointment rather than celebrate. But that's what I'm trying to focus on...choosing joy!

14. Crystal

grapefruit / 4028 posts

@YogiRunner: ugh, been there, friend. We all need a little cry now and again.

@travellingbee: @Hoots: so you take it from day you O until AF starts?

@AmeliaBedilia: fingers crossed for you with the RE. Having a deductible cross two years sucks, but sounds like it gives your DH ting to produce better swimmers. And it's good to finally figure out a small problem so you can work towards it!

@sarahnicole218: I am so excited for you! Yay!

15. travellingbee

@Crystal: I've never done it before, but I think so.

16. Hoots

kiwi / 673 posts

@Crystal: That's what I did.

17. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

@Hoots: So will you be joining us on the November due date board?! What's your EDD?

18. Hoots

kiwi / 673 posts

@sarahnicole218: I did join in a few days ago, but I think I might have been premature. My third beta was 155. And my sore boobs are mostly gone. I'm sure I'll have to go back Monday for another draw. I'm just not sure what to think at this point.

19. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

@Hoots: Oh that's right...I did see you there! Fingera crossed for strong betas on Monday. If it helps at all, I'm 5w2d and my boobs don't hurt either. Every once in awhile I'll get a weird ache, but it quickly passes and everything's back to normal. I'm praying for you friend!

20. AmeliaBedilia

nectarine / 2192 posts

@Hoots: Sending prayers your way!

21. Hoots

kiwi / 673 posts

Nurse seemed like the number was still good at this point, but they are sending me back to the lab one more time. Nothing I can do but wait, hope, and pray. I would really appreciate it though if the drama would ease up. Like seriously.

22. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

@Hoots: We are waiting, hoping, and praying right there with you!!!

23. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@Hoots: Praying for you too! I hope that this one sticks..

24. travellingbee

@Hoots: Glad to hear that the nurse thinks they are ok. Have you already had your blood drawn now and just waiting on the results?

25. Hoots

kiwi / 673 posts

@travellingbee: yep. Just got back. So hopefully I'll know tomorrow morning.

26. Crystal

grapefruit / 4028 posts

@Hoots: lots of prayers your way!

27. AmeliaBedilia

nectarine / 2192 posts

Today I got my bill for the HSG- $1050. I was told by my insurance the cost would be $140, and I told this to the hospital where I did it. I looked up the fair price in the Healthcare Bluebook, and for my region, it is $140. I'm so angry. I have to call and press for a reasonable bill, but it's so stressful! Any suggestions on how to do this?

28. Crystal

grapefruit / 4028 posts

@AmeliaBedilia: is that your copay? I'd probably start with my insurance company... How annoying!

29. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@AmeliaBedilia: did you sign anything that says you agree to pay the cost? I had a similar situation for a dental bill and it was more of a he said she said thing, so I had to pay the full amount. You seem to have a good case though with the blue book price, seems like they are taking avantage of you. This is really stressful I'm sorry!

30. Hoots

kiwi / 673 posts

@AmeliaBedilia: That sucks! I'd be really mad! Was insurance supposed to cover it? If so and the bill is not your deductible, then the hospital is balance billing, which is illegal. I'd call and see if someone at the insurance can access your EOB for the procedure and explain. If your insurance wasn't supposed to cover it, the hospital billing department may offer a "cash" discount if paid within a certain amount of time.

31. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@AmeliaBedilia: oh my gosh! how frustrating! Mine was close to $1,100, so I'm actually surprised at the low fee they quoted you. But, if that's what they told you, they should really stick to that!

32. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

I don't know what to do..I took Letrozole this cycle and I've been trying to get a positive OPK. I'm on day 15 and have yet to see one. Although, I haven't been super consistent with taking then and keep getting dang errors on the CBE regular OPK's. My temp didn't rise this morning, so I'm thinking that I haven't ovulated yet. I woke up early to get Dh to do some BD, so I'm not sure if that affected my temp . I'm supposed to call today if I don't ovulate to have them do an ultrasound, but I am at a client and can't just leave, so I don't know what to do?!

33. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

@AmeliaBedilia: OMG! That is bogus! I recently had my insurance EOB arrive saying they didn't cover something they've always covered, so I called the insurance company and she explained that it was their mistake and fixed. So maybe call them first and ask what's going on? So sorry for the added stress!

34. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

@Hoots: Thinking of you today!

35. travellingbee

@AmeliaBedilia: I would definitely start with your Ins. company and find out what they say happened. It sounds like your insurance did cover what they said they were going to AND the hospital overcharged...
    @Hoots: Hoping you get great doubling news today! Thinking about you!

36. Hoots

kiwi / 673 posts

467! I'm going back to the lab tomorrow one more time because of the 155. I'm grateful she's watching it so carefully, but that was terrible. Thank you all for the thoughts, prayers, and support! You all are seriously the best, and I would have gone crazy without you. Hoping the next draw goes well so I can get scheduled in for an ultrasound and can stop going to the damn lab!

37. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@Hoots: oh YAY!! That's great! Continued good wishes for a next positive draw!

38. travellingbee

@Hoots: OMG that's awesome!! I'm so thrilled for you!!!

39. YogiRunner

clementine / 849 posts

@hoots: woohoo, great news!

40. AmeliaBedilia

nectarine / 2192 posts

@Hoots: Awesome!

There's an open house tomorrow at the RE we think we'll go with. It's at an inconvenient time, so we're going to try to swing by for a bit. DH is still a little skiddish, so I'm trying to be patient. I'm really hoping it's just the laptop or a vitamin thing.

I have a conference I'm helping put on next month. I really thought we'd have a baby, or at least be pregnant by then. I found out that of the team of 12 people, two of them are pregnant.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee