Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

IF Check In - 3/12

1. Crystal

grapefruit / 4028 posts

@Hoots: yay! Congrats!

@AmeliaBedilia: I know you are super excited for the conference, and I'm so glad for your accomplishment! I know what mean about thinking/hoping you'll be KU right now. Fx for your next cycle!

2. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

Well, I got a positive OPK today on day 17...much later than I anticipated. I was supposed to call on day 15 if I hadn't gotten one, but I just assumed that I missed it since I kept getting errors on my CBE OPK's and forgot a few afternoons. Well, the in laws are staying with us and my husband leaves after work tomorrow for the weekend. ugh. I did leave a message for the nurse to see what she wants me to do, but looks like we doing some quiet BD tonight and possibly in the morning before he leaves. I never ovulate this late, so I'm stumped.

3. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@AmeliaBedilia: How was the RE Open house?? Did you guys go?

4. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@Hoots: Did you get your beta results yet or will you be getting them today? FX for you!

5. Hoots

kiwi / 673 posts

@NorthStar: today! Probably between 10-2 my time. Gah! So nervous yet again.

6. Hoots

kiwi / 673 posts

@NorthStar: 830. Ultrasound scheduled for Monday am. Doctor was happy with the number.

7. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@Hoots: yay!! That's wonderful

8. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

@Hoots: Wow that is great! Yay!

9. Hoots

kiwi / 673 posts

@NorthStar: @travellingbee: Thank you!

10. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@Hoots: congrats!!

11. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

So just got back from my initial RE visit, I think it went really well, my is doctor great we will just be getting a bunch of different blood tests/and sonograms this month, and depending on what happens with that, we will likely proceed with an iui next cycle.

12. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@AmeliaBedilia: I know you've been stressing about your dh's SA results, FWIW, my RE said normal morphology is 4%+ so hopefully that can put your mind at ease a bit.

13. AmeliaBedilia

nectarine / 2192 posts

@Hoots: Yea!!!!

@NorthStar: We did go, thanks for asking! The RE recently opened up his own practice and just moved to a new space. I liked him a lot. We didn't get his opinion on our specifics, but he was talking about how they do a new test for sperm DNA damage. He said it's helping in a lot of unexplained cases, and in some people with failed IVF. The treatment is antioxidants and frequent ejaculation (yes, I know- it helps get the old/bad sperm out so the body knows to make more new/good ones). DH figures from that there is little point to going right now. He wants to take all the supplements, avoid his laptop on his lap (which he was doing a ton), and ejaculate frequently, then recheck in 3 months. If it's not better, then we will see RE. I'm trying to remember that 3 months isn't that long in the scheme of things, and at least we probably know why it isn't working since all the other tests were fine. I just turned 35, which is SO HARD during IF.

@MrsKRB: I'm glad your appointment went well.

14. MrsYellowJacket

apricot / 378 posts

@AmeliaBedilia: I've been thinking of you!! Try the 3 months that your DH is comfortable with and go from there :). I had to wait 3 months for IVF which seemed like an eternity - in the end it wasn't *too* bad

15. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

CD1 again here. That was a very quick BFN cycle

16. AmeliaBedilia

nectarine / 2192 posts

@jaguar: Boo! Hugs!

17. Crystal

grapefruit / 4028 posts

@NorthStar: are you using any interventions this month? FX you were able to sneak in some BD time.

@Hoots: yay!

@MrsKRB: sounds like a great experience! Did Your SO go with you?

@AmeliaBedilia: 3 months isn't a long time from now, but it certainly feels like it when you are dealing with IF- I totally get it. Did you mention the laptop thing to the RE? I'm glad DH is willing to make some positive changes!

@jaguar: hugs, friend. I'm sorry.

CD1 for me. I have an OBGYN appt next week (CD7), so I think it will be too late to start clomid. I should be able to start it next cycle, though.

18. AmeliaBedilia

nectarine / 2192 posts

@Crystal: thanks. I've heard you can start clomid or femara CD3 or CD5. Is your visit too late for CD5?

19. Crystal

grapefruit / 4028 posts

@AmeliaBedilia: I think so. I'll be CD7.

20. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@AmeliaBedilia: I'm glad that you were able to go to the open house. Yes, 3 months does feel like an eternity, esp during IF. That was what the wait was between when I was able to schedule an RE apt and when I could actually get in to see her. So, I totally get it. Could you schedule an apt for 3 months out and then cancel if you end up not needing it? I wasn't sure how busy the RE is or how long of a wait there would be to get in..

21. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@Crystal: Yeah, I took letrozole this month, but seems to be ovulating so much later than normal, which is odd. I typically ovulate on CD 14/15 and I'm on CD18 and I don't think I ovulated yet. Our in laws are staying with us to watch our daughter while daycare is closed, but we still managed to BD last night and this morning. DH heads out of town after work, but will be home tomorrow night. So, if needed, we will BD then too

22. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@Crystal: he did come, I was definitely glad because the RE was able to get my husbands history and it also made my husband realize that we probably won't get pregnant without intervention.

23. sheskrafty

persimmon / 1165 posts

@NorthStar: I am going through the same with with a Letrozole month. This is my 3rd time on it and I've been regularly ovulating on CD 14/15 and I'm on CD 17 with no ovulation yet. Of course DH is going out of town tomorrow but will be back on Sunday. Crossing fingers I still ovulate this month!

24. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@sheskrafty: yeah, it's weird. I've taken it 4 times prior and actually seemed to ovulate earlier. I did start some fertility tea this month, so maybe that is affecting me

Just make sure you BD tonight! Are you getting any sort of positives on you OPK?

25. AmeliaBedilia

nectarine / 2192 posts

I had a very vivid dream that I had a positive pregnancy test, and that the baby was due on Christmas day (due date for this cycle) and I was so paranoid I would do something to cause a miscarriage. I woke up disappointed, but I hope it's a good sign.

26. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

@AmeliaBedilia: Fx! I'm praying for Christmas miracle for you!

27. AmeliaBedilia

nectarine / 2192 posts

@sarahnicole218: Thanks!

I got the official copy of DH's SA.
    Values listed as normal:
    Volume 4.3mL, pH 7.5, viscosity 0. Sperm density 67,000,000/mL. Motility 64%.

Grade of progression: 3 (normal listed as 2, I think this is better than average)

Morphology: 4% normal. Head abnormalities 94%, Neck 0%, Tail 2%. Immature germ cells 0, WBCs 0.

I'm doing some research, but DH thinks that the high % of head abnormalities is due to the heat and radiation of his laptop. Any thoughts?

28. Crystal

grapefruit / 4028 posts

@AmeliaBedilia: fx you get the christmas baby you dreamed about!

Remind me, how many SAs has DH had?

@sarahnicole218: how are you feeling?

@MrsKRB: how'd your husband take it? Are you feeling ok?

@NorthStar: how strange! Hmmm... Any signs of O? Great job for sneaking in BD! Gotta do what you gotta do, right?

@sheskrafty: DH is gonna love his welcome home.

29. Crystal

grapefruit / 4028 posts

@AmeliaBedilia: I just pulled out DHs SA and he had a few percentage change in normal heads between the first one in August and the second in November. So I believe it can change. Id guess it would really depend on how frequently your DH overheated his balls.... When do you go over the results with the RE?

30. AmeliaBedilia

nectarine / 2192 posts

@Crystal: this is first one done by the reproductive lab here. His doc had done a quick "lots of swimmers and swimming well" but no morphology test.

31. travellingbee

2 miscarriages and a now a failed IUI are weighing on me right now. I'm so down. I feel likes it's never going to happen.

32. AmeliaBedilia

nectarine / 2192 posts

@travellingbee: Big hugs!! Sending prayers your way.

33. Crystal

grapefruit / 4028 posts

@travellingbee: oh, friend. I'm so sorry. Big, huge hugs. Be kind to yourself today.

@AmeliaBedilia: when will the re go over everything? According to the paperwork I have 4% is borderline, but not bad. I've heard small modifications can help motility.

34. AmeliaBedilia

nectarine / 2192 posts

@Crystal: DH isn't ready to go to the RE- he figures since we already know what his recommendation is (antioxidants, frequent ejaculation), that he is going to do that along with avoiding the laptop, and recheck in 3 months. If it isn't significantly improved, we will see RE. I'd prefer to see RE now, but since DH's plan is reasonable, I'm going along. I've done a ton of research on morphology, and have hard lots of positive stories of BFPs while working on this, so I'm really hoping.

35. Hoots

kiwi / 673 posts

@travellingbee: I'm so sorry.

36. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@Crystal: he's taking it well so far, I'm just glad we finally have a loose plan and can get started with something. Honestly, I'm kind of terrified of a medicated iui though, I really can't afford to have multiples even though I would be thrilled to be pregnant at all.

@travellingbee: I'm so sorry are you going to try for another iui?

37. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@travellingbee: Oh hon. I am sorry. I am in that same zone right now. Lots of love x

38. ballerinabee

apricot / 452 posts

@jaguar: @travellingbee: I am so sorry that you ladies are despairing, and suffering through another failed cycle. I'm in the same place, which is why I haven't been on the boards in a couple of weeks. I wish I could magic us all pregnant.

We are STILL waiting for my husband's boss's wife to get us a final answer on whether his insurance will drop me so that I can force open enrollment to get on my insurance (which covers IVF 90%). If I don't get the paperwork today or tomorrow morning, we lose another month. We have been waiting 7 WEEKS for an answer. I'm so angry. DH is so private, he won't tell them why the timing is urgent, so I'm left to stew in my anger and frustration.

@AmeliaBedilia: I'm so grateful to you for posting the info about the laptop & sperm quality. I told DH about it and he said he'd stop using his in his lap immediately. I know it won't make a difference for 3 months, but at least it's something! He has his in his lap every evening for quite a while.

@Hoots: Congratulations!! So happy for you

How is everyone else doing on this Monday?

39. travellingbee

@Hoots: @ballerinabee: @jaguar: @MrsKRB: Thanks. I think we'll try one more IUI because, well, we might as well. But we have decided to move on to IVF with a different (less expensive) doctor. I'm talking with that office tomorrow.

40. travellingbee

Just found out that DH's insurance has negotiated rates for IVF through certain places and I was all excited because we were going to be able to do IVF for $5K. But then I looked up the sart data for the place and their live birth rate is 17%!!!! Um, what? Might as well so IUI with that rate!!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee