Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

IF Check In - 4/17

1. Mrs. Polish

blogger / nectarine / 2010 posts

@bluestriped bee: no, I took metformin, but haven't heard of that. A word of caution, metformin can cause diarrhea when you start it. Your body will adjust, but it sucks.

2. lazypanda

kiwi / 636 posts

@alohaorchid: yay for the open line of communication! That sounds awesome that you're able to pick out what you want for your new home!

@MrsTal: welcome back! I have yet to go on a cruise. DH is not a big fan but his family loves going on cruises.

@mrs. bird: Happy Birthday! I hope you get pampered by your DH! Sorry about the insurance bit, but hopefully you'll find a provider that you are comfortable with. I would echo everyone else in saying that I would rather have the information and fork over the $200 to get some more clarity on what is going on so that I could pass the info along to the new RE.

@Kelli_Deluxe: I hope your HSG was quick and painless!

@LindsayInNY: Have an awesome weekend! I hope AF stays away for you!

@Happygal: yay being almost done with your unmedicated cycle. Do you give yourself shots of gonal-f because clomid/femara aren't working?

@LAZB: welcome to the IF board!

@bhbee: That's great that your RE is so accommodating and helpful in your next step in a new state.

@doxielove: FX that this does not mess up your plans!

@FliegepilzHut: yay for having a next step! And dessert sounds so good right now!

@Shutterbug: woohoo for margaritas and any other specialty drinks that you may decide to imbibe in.

@bluestriped bee: yay for having a diagnosis! It's like you can finally address what the underlying issue is! Good luck!

I'm not sure if I got to everyone, there were so many updates already, but definitely sending positive vibes for everyone on here!

For our Easter plans, we'll be at a wedding this weekend and not much Sunday since my in-laws are traveling internationally right now. My parents do not celebrate Easter.

My update: WTF consult with RE went alright. RE said that we'll be sticking with the 150mg clomid and that he wants to stick with CD13 ultrasounds. He said that DH and I are ready for IUI if we want to do that this cycle. He actually recommends IUI over timed intercourse now that he knows that I am ovulating. He also would prefer IUI since IUI is covered under my insurance so cost should not be a deciding factor for us. He does not want me to be on clomid without taking a break after 3 consecutive cycles. Right now, work has been busy and I'm concerned that taking 2 consecutive days off work would be a stretch while DH does not have much time off. RE says we can decide at our CD13 u/s since we've already completed all the paperwork and diagnostic tests to move forward. He also says I don't have to take the 7DPO progesterone tests since he knows I ovulate on clomid but is keeping the order in for me to get the lab work in case I want to get my blood drawn for my own peace of mind. Would you ladies go with IUI or TI?

3. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@swedishfish: Do you temp? So far, that's been a lot more enlightening to me that LH surge testing (especially if I think I might have already ovulated).

@lazypanda: I think my vote goes for IUI, since you know you're ovulating, it's paid for by insurance, and it sounds like you have a limited # of cycles of Clomid, before your RE will have you switch to something different. However, it sounds like you're very busy! If it's going to be incredibly stressful to go ahead with IUI this month, do you think you could take a cycle off and maybe resume treatment during a month that's less hectic?

4. swedishfish

GOLD / coconut / 8266 posts

@FliegepilzHut: nope! I did when I first began TTC my first LO but gave it up when I started with my RE. It was freeing haha.

5. CupQuakeWalk

coconut / 8475 posts

@swedishfish: I know, right? I am so relieved that they figure everything out for me. My RE even told me to ditch opks, so I did. Screw that!

6. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@alohaorchid: I am glad you and DH are talking Have a great weekend!

@Mrswin: Busy weekend, hope it is somewhat relaxing.....pack some wine

@Mrstal: awwwww...thank you solo much!!!!! Glad you had a great Vacation!!!!

@Lindsayinny: ughhhhh jealous, have a blast!!!!!! Don't worry about a thing, love on island time

@kelli_deluxe: How did HSG go?

@FLIEGEPILZHUT: ughhhh waiting month, I am glad you are close!

@Happygal: SO hard not to think about it all. So I'll just say that I am always praying! Enjoy the Ritz

@Lazb: Welcome!!!!!

@Bhbee: I am glad the RE move is going smooth, do what feels right to you!!!!

@Doxielove: blahhh to UTIs, I don't think it will throw you off, I pray you get your HSG soon!

@Mrsbird: I would def have DH test, as I know you said he is, I am a little familiar with CF.....Knowledge is power!!!!

@Leialou: Prayers I hope the 1st and 2nd comes fast for you!

@shutterbug: Nice to see you back México-Drink away girl!!!

@Bluestripedbee: Wow, so much info, I am so happy you go this! It does help to have answers! I think your road is bright!!!

@swedishfish: Best of luck to you!

No real big Easter plans for us DH has weekend off, so I am looking forward to seeing him!!!

Update: We go back Saturday for Beta #3 this week has been hard to wait....I am nervous, but optimistic.....I really still don't feel pregnant.....but it is early!!! I do ask for prayers for us Saturday!!!!! Thank you ladies!!!

Have a wonderful Weekend and holiday!!!!

7. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@lazypanda: I say go with what ever you a ready for!!!!

8. swedishfish

@CupQuakeWalk: haha, I'm only trying OPKs for a few days because my RE wasn't sure if I already ovulated. I do not want to get sucked back into that on a regular basis though.

9. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

@bluestriped bee: I'm so glad you have a diagnosis!

10. CupQuakeWalk

coconut / 8475 posts

@swedishfish: I think he told me not to just because I have PCOS. He said, "They are the most useless things for the people who need them most." haha That pretty much summed it up.

11. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

@swedishfish: @CupQuakeWalk: I totally agree that not charting or using OPKs is so freeing. I love not having to time sex around ovulation anymore.

12. swedishfish

@CupQuakeWalk: yes! It saddened me for while that they didn't work for me. They're still not really working but I'll give it a shot. My RE said it wouldn't be a terrible thing if they weren't able to do a FET for me, haha.

13. swedishfish

@Leialou: I think charting and using OPKs definitely fed into my craziness early on.

14. CupQuakeWalk

coconut / 8475 posts

@Leialou: sadly, timing sex hasn't stopped. Maybe it is worse because we don't have opks. I am like "we have to BD! today might be the day!" because I have no gauge as to when 'the day' actually is. It is sad now that I type it out. I'll be glad when this all ends (on a happy note).

15. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@lazypanda: Oral drugs worked that I ovulated more than once, but my lining only got thick enough once. So injections help greatly with that.

Cramps this morning, so I expect to start my period tomorrow. I feel disappointed, but mainly just fine. I'm going to do an inventory this morning to see how many needles I have left and what I need to order. Bleh.

@FaithFertility: I know your beta on Saturday will be perfect, and I look forward to your good report.

@lazypanda: I would go for the IUI. If it can increase your chances, even a little bit, I'll take it! How do you feel about it?

@bluestriped bee: that is such awesome news! Wow. I'm so glad you're at a new practice and they are figuring things out for you.

16. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Happygal: Counting needles ohhhh the joys! Sorry about AF coming:/
    Thank you for your kind words!

17. Kelli_Deluxe

apricot / 288 posts

Happy Friday ladies! My HSG went so-so yesterday. The procedure itself was awful & uncomfortable (I teared up at one point) but my recovery has been relatively pain and spotting free. I should have my results mid-next week. The tech and nurse didn't give anything away during the procedure.

On my way to the appointment, my doctor called with my lab results from Monday. I'm not pre-diabetic, my thyroid levels are good, hormones are good, and the egg tests were "perfect." Understand me when I say that of course I know that's all good, but it made me sad. If everything is so good, why is this so hard?

@lazypanda: I'd definitely go for some IUI's. It's a streamlined version of TI plus your insurance covers it. Thumbs up! Did I miss why you would need to take days off work?

@FaithFertility: Praying for an awesome 3rd beta!

@Happygal: Boo to AF starting. Hugs

@bluestriped bee: So, so happy you've gotten so many answers and a plan!!!!

18. Kelli_Deluxe

apricot / 288 posts

@FliegepilzHut: Best of luck moving forward with IVF! So exciting!!

@mrs. bird: Sorry to hear about your diagnosis. Hugs Good luck with DH's test!

@doxielove: UTI's are the worst! Fingers crossed your HSG timing stays on track!

@bhbee: I'm glad your RE is so helpful and helped you get an idea for a plan in place, even as you're leaving!

19. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@FaithFertility: @Kelli_Deluxe: thank you. This group really helps to deal with it all! I'm always impressed with the care and support from my HB IF friends. Now I just wish AF would start RIGHT NOW so I could order all my drugs in confidence and feel like I'm onto a fresh CD 1.

@Kelli_Deluxe: My diagnosis now is endo, but since it's not a guarantee to fix things for us, I still think of myself as falling in the unexplained category. It is frustrating, but I also think of what the alternative might be--like having a known factor that is really difficult to manage. Also, I saw, once upon a time, a chart on HB that showed that unexplained often ends up being something, and doctors just haven't figured it out yet. I'm sorry your HSG was painful--I was a little traumatized by how sudden and intense that pain was! But now it's onward and upward, right?

20. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Kelli_Deluxe: I had tears during my HSG too...I was squeezing the ladies hand like she was my DH and I was in labor....lol

21. mrs. bird

bananas / 9628 posts

@bluestriped bee: hooray for answers!! that must be such a relief to feel like someone is understanding the situation and has a plan to fix it! i'm so happy for you guys

@lazypanda: thank you! it was a nice birthday, my nanny LOs had a little celebration for me and then mr. bird & i went out to dinner with my parents.

@Kelli_Deluxe: i'm sorry your HSG was so uncomfortable! mine was awful too! i had to put my hands over my mouth to keep from yelling, it wasn't pretty. it must be frustrating not to have any answers as to what's causing your difficulty, i hope they figure it out soon

@Happygal: it ain't over til it's over! i'll hold out hope for you til AF arrives hopefully you won't be seeing that evil witch for a long time

@FaithFertility: looking forward to hearing your fantastic #s tomorrow!

22. Kelli_Deluxe

apricot / 288 posts

@Happygal: Yes.... Sudden and intense! But you're right, it's a new day and overall I am grateful that I don't have a serious issue.

@FaithFertility: @mrs. bird: Thanks ladies. I'm trying to tell myself it was totally worth it to clear everything out; maybe it will be just the thing I needed!

23. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@mrs. bird: Thank you

24. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Kelli_Deluxe: Thank you!

25. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@FaithFertility: praying for a good beta and wonderful Easter present for you

26. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@bhbee: thank you !!!!!

27. lazypanda

kiwi / 636 posts

Alright ladies, I had a really weird feeling last night when my AF ended after 2 days, took an HPT this morning cuz it just was too weird to me, and it was positive! I left a message to my RE's office but haven't heard back yet. I'm supposed to start up clomid again today. I plan on taking another HPT after work to be on the safe side before I go & take clomid. Has anyone ever had this experience?

Also, we're gonna go ahead with the IUI to give ourselves the increased chance. However, we'll see what the RE says.

ETA: just got off the phone & I have to go get blood work to confirm. I'll have to call the advice nurse tomorrow to get my results & start clomid tomorrow if the blood test is negative. Either way, I'll be following up with nurses on Monday. This is an unexpected bump in my roller coaster ride!

28. mrs. bird

bananas / 9628 posts

@lazypanda: oh my goodness!!! so exciting!! do you have a pic?? 'cause you know we love seeing things you've peed on

29. lazypanda

kiwi / 636 posts

@mrs. bird: I'll upload when I get home tonight. Not sure if it's too exciting given that I had a 2 day period & I don't want to get my hopes up too high. Nurse said it's possible that this is a chemical pregnancy. I told DH last night that I couldn't enjoy the wine Wednesday or last night cuz something didn't feel right. Didn't stop me from drinking a full glass though since I thought I might've been experiencing psychosomatic symptoms.

30. mrs. bird

bananas / 9628 posts

@lazypanda: my BFF had a full on, normal length & flow period when she conceived her first. it happens! wishing you all the best at your beta tonight!

31. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@lazypanda: That's exciting! I have been on the eye out for that ever since watching (way too many episodes of TLC's somewhat bizarre) "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant"... FX for you!

32. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@lazypanda: I will be praying for you!!!!!!!!! I'm excited for you, crazier things have happened!!!!!
    Lots of luck, love and prayers!!!!!!!!

33. mrs bunchy

kiwi / 533 posts

So- I did it.

I scheduled my first ever wtf appt with an RE May 20th. Can any of you guys help me with questions to ask him? I have a list of the obvious, but want to get the most out of this appt.

Thanks guys!!!

DH and I are both off Easter and will most likely have dinner with his family. This weekend happens to be my weekend off and te weather is beautiful!! thank goodness !!

34. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@lazypanda: whoah! I think it's exciting. Yes, share a picture! Fingers crossed for you!

@mrs. bird: I'm glad you're still hanging out here. I like you!

@mrs bunchy: WTF appointments are the best. I would go for broad questions, see if there are other tests you should have done, things to consider. I think it's important also to go in with a timeline in your head. My RE is willing to be as aggressive or as conservative as we want to be, so it's good to have that in mind when discussing options.

35. mrs. bird

bananas / 9628 posts

@Happygal: awwww (pretend this emoji is blushing instead of sticking her tongue out at you, hehe), thanks! i like you, too!

36. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@lazypanda: excited to hear your updates! fingers crossed for good news!

I made an appt with a new RE in Dallas that I am feeling good about (from afar at least). it's all self-pay now beyond the consultation, so it's a whole new ballgame for us . . .

37. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@bhbee: good! Will you do another clomid cycle, you think? When is your moving date?

@lazy panda: no pressure, but I'm waiting for an update!

Spotting has started tonight, so the period starts tomorrow morning.

Here are the positives:

1) looking over FF, I see that most of my non-medicated cycles are 31 days like this one, so at least there's that!

2) I'll be starting another medicated cycle since January, so my body had a good drug break and hopefully this IUI will be the one for us.

3) I have a new ice cream flavor in the freezer for me--banana pudding with vanilla wafers.

38. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@Kelli_Deluxe: I got to read your HSG story on that thread, and you're right, we had similar experiences! The best thing is that it's over. I can't remember if I shared it here, but I read on a thread on a different site where a woman shared that her HSG was really painful. She then went on to get pregnant, have the baby without meds, and come back in to check in. She said that her HSG was more painful than her non-medicated childbirth!

39. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@bhbee: things will fall into place!!!!!!!! Can't wait to here your Texas update!

40. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Happygal: That ice cream sounds yummy!!!!
    I am glad you are feeling good about your next cycle!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee