Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2013 Due Dates

1. dagret

grapefruit / 4235 posts

@coacheswife123: I am so, so bummed for you and so glad that your DH didn't lose his sick days.

2. pl0508

GOLD / grapefruit / 4007 posts

@dagret: gah me too girl !!! I would have been devastated if he had lost those days !

3. BlueWolverine

pear / 1510 posts

@coacheswife123: Oh, that sucks. I would be crazy frustrated if I were you. We're still scheduled for tomorrow, and I can't wait.

4. Rescuemom10

pear / 1965 posts

@birdofafeather: Yuppers! Rowan Elizabeth. She is 9. She is tech my step daughter, but love her like my own. LOVE the name. Not one I hear often either!

@coacheswife123: How frustrating! Sorry to hear that dear!

5. pl0508

@BlueWolverine: will be thinking of you! congrats!!!

6. dagret

grapefruit / 4235 posts

@BlueWolverine: good luck tomorrow!

7. pl0508

@birdofafeather: GORGEOUS shower!!!!

8. edelweiss

grapefruit / 4923 posts

@dagret: did your doctor actually say "a whole lotta nothing"? ha!

@BlueWolverine: oh wow, good luck to you tomorrow! yay!

@coacheswife123: i saw your other post--man, i would have been pissed.

9. edelweiss

grapefruit / 4923 posts

@littlebug: hey there, just checking in to see if you're feeling okay. hope you're getting some good rest (or are in labor)!

10. pl0508

@edelweiss: I still am ! Now just praying to go into labor ! Doing some squats !!

11. littlebug

honeydew / 7504 posts

@coacheswife123: I seriously don't know what I'll do if they have to reschedule me on Wednesday!

@BlueWolverine: I didn't realize you were scheduled for tomorrow! Good luck!

@dagret: Awww...a whole lotta nothin...so frustrating!

@edelweiss: Thanks! Same old, same old. Random contractions, no major progress. Have another OB appt tonight...I'm sure it'll be more if three same! I think I've finally accepted that he won't be coming on.his own, and we'll have to forcibly evict him on Wednesday/Thursday.

12. BlueWolverine

pear / 1510 posts

Thanks, everyone! We go in tomorrow night for Cervadil and then pitocin in the morning if the Cervadil doesn't jumpstart my labor. I'm hoping for the jumpstart - I'd rather not with the pitocin if I can avoid it.

I'll be 40+4 on Wednesday morning.

13. shoemama

cherry / 175 posts

@birdofafeather: congrats!! love her name

14. dagret

grapefruit / 4235 posts

@edelweiss: yes, that is an exact quote!

15. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

I haven't been able to get on for more than a couple minutes but I wanted to post a photo of our little Rowan. Right now she's sleeping on me because I wanted some sleep!! She's been napping all day and up all night so today I'm going to make an effort to feed her more often during the day and try to get some awake time in so hopefully she'll start getting an inkling of the concept of nighttime.

Wishing lots of luck to those of you with inductions this week! Praying for safe arrivals!

16. dagret

grapefruit / 4235 posts

@birdofafeather: she is beautiful and you look radiant. Congrats!

17. dagret

grapefruit / 4235 posts

For all of you ladies who have given birth already - what did you do about visitors? My parents are 2.5 hrs away and DH's parents are 5 min away. DH thinks it's ridiculous for them to come to the hospital when I'm in labor, and to come right after the baby's born.

I think they can come and wait in the hospital waiting room if they want - i don't want my parents to be secondary to his parents just b/c they're far away. I think they all have a right to see the baby at the same time. I don't *think* i'll mind if our parents come right away. And I'm doing all the work, not DH!

Were you exhausted after birth? Wired? Did your parents see the baby right away?

I'm trying to play it by ear but DH is wanting to dictate everything up front. I've told him that it might not even matter, that it's possible that our hospital could ban visitors all together because of the flu....

18. pl0508

@birdofafeather: ooooh my gosh what a little doll !! Precious !

19. edelweiss

grapefruit / 4923 posts

@birdofafeather: oh goodness, she is beautiful. and you look fabulous and so happy!

20. Rescuemom10

pear / 1965 posts

@birdofafeather: She is BEAUTIFUL!!! What great shots. You look great momma!!!

21. Andrea

GOLD / wonderful coffee bean / 18478 posts

@dagret: I had family come after the birth. You never know how it will go and if you'll feel up to seeing people. I would wait and see how you feel!

22. Andrea

@birdofafeather: her!

23. Andrea

@BlueWolverine: good luck today!

24. littlebug

honeydew / 7504 posts

@birdofafeather: Rowan is beautiful! And you look great!

@dagret: All of our families are 1.5 hours away. So our plan is to call and let them know when we're going to the hospital, and then call again once he's born, and THAT'S when they can hit the road. That way we'll have some time for just the 3 of us, and can refresh and/or rest a bit before they all descend! Also, you may want to check on your hospital's visiting hours - I assumed ours were like 7a-9p or something, but it turns out they're only 11a-8:30p, so that may help "control" when your family comes, too! We laid ALL of this out in an email to both of our families, and also told them that our preference is that they come see us in the hospital, and then give us a few days at home as a new family before coming to visit at home. We (ok, I) felt like we needed to lay it out ahead of time so there were no questions and no feelings hurt.

25. dagret

grapefruit / 4235 posts

@littlebug: @Andrea: Thanks! That's what I was telling my DH - let's not really dictate this now, let's see how we feel... he was not having any of it.

I definitely would only like our parents to be our immediate visitors. My parents are going to drive down, see him, and turn around and drive back so they each only miss a day of work.

My mom is going to come and stay with us for a few days after we get out of the hospital.

26. Rescuemom10

pear / 1965 posts

I have been thinking about the visitation thing too. I dont have any family around me besides DH. But with that we have a lot of friends who are like family because we spend Holidays and what not together. I know they all want to swing by. My concern is actually work people. I am much younger and one of the only women in my dept. There is one gal in another dept who I feel would be one of those that when she hears I am not at work because LO is on the way that she would just "stop" by. I am not even friends with her outside of work. She is a very nosey person.

I actually think I may need to talk to the Nurses there and tell them not to let anyone in unless its someone I said could come and I am EXPECTING to come. But seriously....people get so ansty!

27. pl0508

My MIL is the only one who lives far away. I know we will have a waitin room full of people, and would just prefer everyone other than my parents, his mom and my brother to just come after he is born but I have pretty much just started telling myself if folks want to waste their day in a waitin room that is their problem. I don't really want anyone in the room until after he is born and that is if I even feel like it ! Selfishly, I don't want constant visitors !!

28. Rescuemom10

pear / 1965 posts

@coacheswife123: Thats how I feel!

I want to just see how I feel after. But when I feel up to it I will be wanting to Facetime or Skype with my family before having visitors.

29. pl0508

@Rescuemom10: DH says I'm unappreciative because people want to see me and baby !!! I just don't want folks around all the time ! I already feel VERY protective of my time with our little man !!

30. dagret

grapefruit / 4235 posts

@coacheswife123: @Rescuemom10: oh yeah, they're not getting in the room while i'm in labor.

I'm definitely expecting work visitors b/c the hospital is 2 blocks from our office. But I dont' think anyone will come until I put out an invite.

31. pl0508

@dagret: my work is very close to the hospital too. I have a couple of co workers I really count as friends that I def want to come. The others .... I'm undecided. Isn't that horrible ?!?

32. Rescuemom10

pear / 1965 posts

@dagret: @coacheswife123: I want "us" time and want to take as much as I want until I am comfortable with others coming in.
    I work on a Military base and am delivering in the Hospital on base...so my hospital is like 3 blocks away from where I work, which seeing most our friends are Military....we wont be far.
    With working on base and Military friends...I know so many will find out we are at the Hospital before we even put that out there. Work alone is going to "spill the beans".

33. dagret

grapefruit / 4235 posts

@coacheswife123: I feel the same way. Some I will welcome...others notsomuch.

@Rescuemom10: Totally understand your "us" time, esp. with his pending deployment. I really hope that you deliver sooner rather than later so that your DH gets to spend some QT with you and the new baby!

34. Rescuemom10

pear / 1965 posts

@dagret: Thanks, me too!

LOL yeah I feel the same way about being "selective" of who I want in and when. I just worry about who may randomly just show up. Like you said though...they can wait in the waiting room.

35. edelweiss

grapefruit / 4923 posts

@coacheswife123: i feel protective too. i think the only people who will come to the hospital are my parents, who live in the area, and hopefully my sister who is out here for 2 weeks and crossing fingers that i have the baby while she's here!

thanks ladies for this discussion, because it made me look up the visiting hours policy at our hospital and they've instituted some changes due to the flu outbreak. i'm a little worried because it's limited to spouses and grandparents, and i really want my sister there if she's still in town (she flew across the country for this).

36. Rescuemom10

pear / 1965 posts

@edelweiss: Hmm you would think because its a sister and she flew in for this that they would make an exception. You would HOPE so at least right? I think that would be pretty harsh if not!

37. edelweiss

grapefruit / 4923 posts

@Rescuemom10: i hope so!

38. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@birdofafeather: so cute!

@dagret: My parents are 10 hours away and MIL is two hours away. Once I was admitted we called everyone. Initially I didn't want MIL there until after LO arrived, but with the excessive duration of my labor and eventual c-section, I was really glad that both she and my parents were there. DH was really nervous about the surgery and I found it very comforting to know that he had other support just down the hall.
    I was really surprised by how my original plans ended up being nothing like how I wanted it in the moment.

@BlueWolverine: I hope everything is going well for you! I'm looking forward to an update!

39. pl0508

Just got done with my 39 week check. One cm and 50 percent. I was going to die if I was still at 0 !

40. edelweiss

grapefruit / 4923 posts

@coacheswife123: yay for progress!

just had my appointment today also--i was 1cm last week and 2cm this week, let's hope the trend continues!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee