Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2014 babies!

1. MamaBehr

pomegranate / 3275 posts

I'm 36 weeks 5 days (they must have moved my due date to Jan 3rd, which was what I thought it was all along) and my baby weighs 7lbs 13 oz. I know that ultrasounds this late, there is a huge margin of error, but it doesn't surprise me. I guess it makes me feel a little better about how HORRIBLE I've been feeling, but man oh man. My OB/GYN is thinking over 9lbs at birth. I also have a feeling this guy is not going to come early, I am going to be miserable on Christmas.
    @Sugar.Biscuit: How did your appt go? And, I never washed toys. Maybe wipe the hard plastic toys with a Lysol wipe. I have always washed clothes before wearing though

2. Sugar.Biscuit

nectarine / 2063 posts

@MamaBehr: Not good but not to bad I updated the appointment thread. The one good thing is we say babies practicing breathing & they are 4.5 & 5 #'s.

3. Lindsay05

pomegranate / 3759 posts

@MamaBehr: awww i hear ya! I am not going to be overly jolly at christmas. We are on the home stretch though!

Any of you ladies experiencing terrible lightning crotch? Today its so bad that I can barely walk and from sitting to standing takes a good minute to overcome the pain. Not too convenient when trying to look after LO.

4. MamaBehr

pomegranate / 3275 posts

@Lindsay05: I haven't had any lightning crotch, but my back pain is terrible. It takes so little to set me off and then I'm almost in tears. It doesn't help that DS is 31 pounds!!

5. Honeydew

kiwi / 568 posts

@Lindsay05 no lightning crotch here.

But pressure in the pelvic area. Can't walk fast either, because my muscles in the hip/stomach are pulling too much. Which really sucks because it is sub zero temps here in Chicago and I can't get anywhere fast enough before I freeze.

6. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

I am a part time photographer and today was homecoming for a bunch of the Navy Squadrons at the base I live on so I had a shoot. First, the flight got bumped up so I didn't have time to bring DS to his sitter and had to wear him on my back for the shoot (luckily my client didn't care) then I told her not run to her husband, let him run to her, but he somehow walked by us and then called to her and she turned around and SPRINTED to him so obviously I ran after her clicking away. But between the 100 meter dash and having 20 month old DS on my back for over an hour I felt like the baby was about to come crashing through my pelvis, lol. Not fun. At all. But it was a beautiful moment to capture and I got some great shots

7. Lindsay05

pomegranate / 3759 posts

@MamaBehr: Yeah lifting a toddler doesn't help anything!

@Honeydew: Yes cold here too so I freeze trying to waddle anywhere!

@Navy_Mommy: That does sound like a beautiful moment and awesome you could capture it!

So, last couple days my *ahem* bowel movements have been looser than normal. I hope it's just very very early signs of labour but I feel very gross so maybe i'm just eating too much.

8. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

@Lindsay05: isn't it so fun to have your body prepare for labor? ::sarcasm::

9. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

DH and I took our hospital tour yesterday. So crazy! It definitely made it more real. Our hospital seems pretty flexible about different labor options and stuff which was cool. They also have a consent form you have to sign to allow the nurses to use a pacifier for the baby, which I had never heard of before. There was also no restrictions on how many people are in your labor room and the labor room itself was huge!

I also started making my hospital bag check list, which seems really long so far. Lol

Anyone else do their tours?

10. Honeydew

kiwi / 568 posts

@lindsay05 Went shopping for Christmas gifts with DH this weekend and definitely experienced lightening crotch..... Yikes. waddling through stores =not my cup of tea.

11. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

@Lindsay05: my body has officially started ::ahem:: spring cleaning in preparation of labor. Super awesome. Lol.

12. Lindsay05

pomegranate / 3759 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: We didn't have a tour before our first but I bet it makes you feel more comfortable!

@Honeydew: I know, it's stops you dead in your tracks! And how do you explain it to a guy? lol....my crotch hurts

@Navy_Mommy: lol oh joy!

13. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@Lindsay05: It did make me feel more comfortable. And the nurse giving the tour had some really good ideas as far as what to bring. Like my own pillow and a plug in to make it smell less hospital like and more relaxing.

I haven't had lightning crotch yet, but I did wear some unsupportive shoes the whole day the other day and the only way I could describe it to DH was "my vagina bone hurts" haha.

14. AmandaB8

clementine / 849 posts

Doc said today that baby is definitly over 6 lbs, and I'm measuring a week ahead. Yikes!

Also, I'm hoping that by naming kiddo "Natalie" - which means born on christmas day - we're not jinxing ourselves!

15. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

Our hospital doesn't do tours, but it's unique. It's on a Navy base, the clinics are downstairs and any surgery rooms (and the Maternal Infant Unit) are upstairs. So it's literally six labor rooms right above where I've had all my appointments (and I've already delivered there once). And you stay in the same room the whole time you're there and the baby stays with you. It's actually a reallynice setup.

16. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@Navy_Mommy: that's really nice that you stay in the same room! The labor room is so much bigger than the recovery room at my hospital. Wish I could stay in there the whole time.

17. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: it's a super small hospital. Literally just for the Navy base. I'll take a picture next time I'm there, it's actually really cool. It's just a long hallway with different clinics on either side. So there's OB, pediatrics, family practice, immunizations, physical therapy, etc. It's like a one stop doctor shop, lol.

18. Sugar.Biscuit

nectarine / 2063 posts

Merry Christmas January Momma's! Hope everyone is doing well.

19. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

Been in the February boards but water broke this morning. Gonna be a January mama

20. Emsmems

persimmon / 1331 posts

@littleblessings: yay! Congratulations!

21. Sugar.Biscuit

nectarine / 2063 posts

My babies are rolling over now they are 10 weeks old & 5 weeks adjusted & getting so big! Baby girl is 10lbs 4 oz & my son is 11lbs 9 oz! How is everyone else doing? My little ones have been sleeping through the night for a week now & it has been awesome!! I feel like super woman now lol

22. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

My son is taking his first steps... Who else has walking babies?

23. Lindsay05

pomegranate / 3759 posts

@littleblessings: let the fun begin! Mine just started crawling and working on pulling up. We have a ways to go!

24. creativemomma15

pear / 1610 posts

@littleblessings: that's so fun!
    @Lindsay05: we have a ways to go here too. She is just content to watch what's going on instead of trying to move much! She scoots on her butt a little and is trying to pull up.

25. MamaBehr

pomegranate / 3275 posts

@littleblessings: @Lindsay05: @creativemomma15: so good to hear how your LOs are doing!!!! I know you have January babies, but my little guy was December 27, so I've been thinking ::shudder:: birthday party!!!
    No walking here!!! He started crawling at 9 months (wahoo!) and has kind of figured out pulling up. But, once he is standing he freaks out and can't figure out how to get back down hahaha

26. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@Lindsay05: @creativemomma15: H was crawling at 6 mos. /: he gets quite excited while standing atm and often falls before he can get that many steps in. He literally stands and laughs so hard he falls. Lol.

@MamaBehr: I'm dreading the bday. Not having a party though so that's less to worry about.

27. creativemomma15

pear / 1610 posts

@MamaBehr: I've got a December baby too, but I've stuck with January due date threads DD will be one on 12/21! I'm starting to think of birthday too! It went by so fast!

28. Emsmems

persimmon / 1331 posts

@littleblessings: wow, walking already! That's great (and scary, haha)! I think DS is close but not imminent. He is crawling, standing, and furniture cruising!

@Lindsay05: @creativemomma15: @MamaBehr: it's great to hear updates!

It never ceases to amaze me how different each baby is. DS seems a bit ahead (or on the earlier end) of motor skills but is not very verbal. He says "mama" but not really in context. I've been trying to get him to say "dada" but no luck yet! Otherwise he babbles sometimes but not a ton.

29. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@Emsmems: It is quite scary. Lol. I know I wasn't ready for it. Gotta baby proof even moreso now.

30. Sugar.Biscuit

nectarine / 2063 posts

Update: I haven't logged in in MONTHS! My kids refuse to walk unless they are holding on to something. They will be 13 months old on Monday. Also am KU again!! Yay! We are super excited & are due September 15th with twins again! I'm super nervous about this pregnancy as I'm notrying in shape at all & preeclampsia is definitely on my mind.

Would love an update from everyone else I love seeing so many familiar names on the boards still!

31. MamaBehr

pomegranate / 3275 posts

@Sugar.Biscuit: congrats on the new babies!!! How exciting for you my little dude isn't walking yet, either. He'll be 13 months on the 27. He recently found his voice and is a screecher!!! It's cute when he screeches at my two older kiddos and they copy him. So cute, an loud! Hahaha

32. MrsH

honeydew / 7667 posts

Hi Mamas! I'm just trying to get a frame of reference for some daycare issues we are having - how many words does your LO say?

33. MamaBehr

pomegranate / 3275 posts

@MrsH: my little guy doesn't have too many. Maybe around 50? He also has many words that I only understand (he calls dogs "woo" because that's his word for woof hahaha)

34. MrsH

honeydew / 7667 posts

@MamaBehr: those count too! DD says bah-bah for thank you

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee