Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2016 Moms!

1. kristinleigh

cherry / 178 posts

@SupernovaJ: no they call it a viability scan to make sure the embryo is in the uterus and has a heartbeat ... so it's "viable" to keep progressing, not live outside on its own! I said the same thing to the nurse!

2. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@kristinleigh: had no idea - that's good to know! and so reassuring.

3. Worrywart

apricot / 394 posts

Okay, I'm officially joining After our US this morning, I feel much better about it.

EDD: 1/4/16
    How far along: 7 1/2 weeks
    First child? No, we have an almost 3 year old little girl
    First doctor appointment: This morning. Had a great US and saw a very strong 150 bpm heartbeat
    Any symptoms so far? A LOT of nauseau, sore boobs and SO SO SO TIRED
    Who have you told? DH, all parents, all siblings, and a few close friends who have known about our IF struggles over this past year.

4. smith

cherry / 154 posts

@Worrywart: Welcome! Another Chicago momma What a relief to have that first US out of the way, and what a treat to see that strong heartbeat!

5. Worrywart

apricot / 394 posts

@smith: So excited there's another Chicago mama in the group! Let me know if you have any questions about hospitals, doctors, where to register, etc since I've been through this before!

@travelingbee: We are due date twins!! CRAZY!

6. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

@Worrywart: yay! Glad you're joining!

Guys, I'm totally showing at 7 weeks. I know it isn't baby yet but my body has gotten the message that I'm preggers and went right into round tummy mode. I can't cover it! People who know are already commenting that I'm showing. Makes not telling people kind of hard.

7. SwanSong

cherry / 220 posts

@travellingbee: I wouldn't say I'm "showing yet" but I cant button my pants today...

8. raintreebee

pear / 1531 posts

@travellingbee: i also can't button my pants @ 5 weeks. I'm blaming the progesterone injections.

9. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

Between PCOS making me prone to abdominal weight, the pregnancy hunger, and the bloat from a thickened uterine lining.... I feel like I'm huge! I am only wearing flowy dresses now. I'll post a pic later, lol.

10. smith

cherry / 154 posts

I *can* button my jeans, but it's more comfortable sitting at my desk all day if I don't Got a cheapie belly band at Target to hold up my unbuttoned jeans, and I AM IN LOVE.

11. MrsYellowJacket

apricot / 378 posts

@travellingbee: Between the OHSS and general bloat, there's NO hiding it for me. I'm only 5w2d and someone at work said "you look glowy " ha! I already bought maternity pants for work too...

12. travellingbee

Glad I'm in good company. It's not even just my pants. Like I need bigger shirts! Even fairly loose shirts are falling on my bump and "showing".

13. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

My belly looks bigger and rounder. I think it is a lot harder to hide in the summer than the winter.

14. kristinleigh

cherry / 178 posts

@travellingbee: I'm 6 weeks and so bloated! It went down a little from last week, but my friend who works with me that knows I'm pregnant said "You need to wear looser things!". she might just be noticing because she's looking for it, but I threw a loose sweater on since it's chilly in my office anyway.

15. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

Some days I'm super bloated, some days I'm ok. But in the evening I always feel like I look huge.

16. bisous

persimmon / 1304 posts

I put on 3 lbs on vacation (prob when I conceived). It's not going away now, so I am probably not far behind even at 4 weeks! I am really hoping I can not show too much til July when I share the news at work!

I hate belly bands and I am not ready to stop wearing my normal clothes yet!! Looks like I will be wearing more dresses to work!

17. JoyfulKiwi

nectarine / 2667 posts

My uterus definitely said "Welp, you're pregnant, here's your tummy!" I'm 6 weeks and it's highly noticeable if I don't keep my stomach muscles tight. I've already switched to one pair of maternity pants & belly bands (I LOVE them) with looser tops. I don't mind because it's been rainy & cold in CO for about a month, but as soon as it's warm again I'm pulling out the tank top and letting people whisper about how fat I'm getting!

I know the name discussion was a few days ago (it's really hard to reply/comment on my iPhone and I'm hardly ever at a real-life laptop!), but we're stumped on names. With our son, we knew the name right away and didn't consider girl names after the gender ultrasound. Now we have a girl name we both love (Clementine; although I also really like Coraline, Hazel, & Rory), but no boy names we both like. Husband wants Fredrick or Fritz, I like Alro, Rory, or Rowen. I hope it's a girl, just so we don't have to spend 8 more months thinking about this!

P.S. Nausea kicked in for me - yay!! {half sarcasm, half real excitement}

18. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

Right on track! Sooo thankful!

19. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@DesertDreams88: YAY!

20. travellingbee

@DesertDreams88: yay!
    After several days with terrible nausea, it isn't too bad today. Trying not to looks gift horse in the mouth. I moved my ultrasound up to Wednesday of next week. Didn't want to wait until Friday and it just needed to be after 8 weeks. I'll be 8 weeks 1 day.

21. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

@JoyfulKiwi: We are unsure on names too, and naming our son was really easy, we had the name before I was pregnant. We used a family name. We do have a girl's middle name, at least (also a family name, but we don't like it enough to use as a first name). Asher and Joshua are possibilities for boys, and Sarah, Emily, Elizabeth, and Rachel are possibilities for girls. Claire was our leading contender for if DS were a girl, but neither of us really like it anymore. I have a really hard time with girl names, because I don't like androgynous names, but I want something strong/not too girly. My husband likes to veto names, without making too many suggestions (although he suggested Asher and Sarah).

I caught a cold from my son.

22. sera_87

pomegranate / 3604 posts

Oh here comes the nausea. Holy jeez did not miss this. Blergh.

23. smith

cherry / 154 posts

@JoyfulKiwi: Clementine is our favorite girl name, too! And, just like you, no boys' names. Crazy thing is, we had a billion name ideas before it got real

24. travellingbee

@sera_87: Sorry to welcome you to the club. Last time I went to 20 weeks with it. Realllllly hoping it is shorter this time.

25. travellingbee

Found this little pant expander. Works better than a rubber band...

26. lauren0817

apricot / 369 posts

@DesertDreams88: Yay - that's awesome!

@travellingbee: Where did you get that fun waist expander? I love it! I haven't fit into most of my pants for weeks and weeks thanks to all of the IVF and then frozen cycle meds, so I could use some expanding over here

27. travellingbee

@lauren0817: I got it from motherhood maternity but I'd bet you could get it on amazon too.

28. lauren0817

apricot / 369 posts

@travellingbee: Awesome - thank you!

29. AmandaB8

clementine / 849 posts

Well....looks like I'm joining in on the fun!
    Welcome and congrats to our new January 2016 moms.

EDD: 1/24/16
    How far along: 4ish weeks
    First child? Nope - we have a 16 month old!
    First doctor appointment: Haven't made it yet!
    Any symptoms so far? Nope
    Who have you told? Just DH!

30. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

Welcome, @AmandaB8!

31. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

Total bloat!! And even more obvious because I've got skinny legs and arms... Can't wait to rock the maternity tops when it's more baby and less bloat

32. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@AmandaB8: welcome!

@DesertDreams88: I've been looking similar! I haven't worn jeans since my bcp, but was shocked I could get them on today (but they got quite uncomfortable!)

33. JoyfulKiwi

nectarine / 2667 posts

People keep saying, "no you look totally normal!" Which is annoying because, does that mean I had this big round belly before? My assistant director was like, "oh yeah, you do look pregnant", so now she's my new favorite person.
    We told more family on my husband's side today. My SIL asked if we were having another and I felt bad after I lied to her face, so we told everyone. And that was after I fake-drank a beer bottle full of water - we so would have had them fooled!

ETA: excuse the hot mess in our room

34. sera_87

pomegranate / 3604 posts

I need a nap and literally the ONLY thing I've done today is shower & lay on the couch and read/play on my phone.

ETA: oh and dishes. I did 2 loads of dishes.

35. travellingbee

@sera_87: I'm rediculously tired today too...

36. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@sera_87: I've been that way all weekend. I haven't done much before 5 either day. Too bad we have to move out Tuesday so I have to get stuff done...

I attempted cleaning the bathroom, but if the sink made me queasy, DH is going to have to do the toilet. Guys are so gross! I can't wait to have our own bathrooms!

37. travellingbee

I can already feel my uterus above my pelvic bone. It's been tightening (getting hard) every so often, and been a little crampy. I had TONS of braxton hicks with my first, from my 2nd trimester and I'm wondering if that is what this is already...?!
    I'm 8 weeks tomorrow and have my "graduation" ultrasound on Wednesday. Exciting week! FXed everything is still on track and we can move on to the OBGYN!
    Anyone know/remember when they start doing the Doppler thing at Dr appointments?

38. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@travellingbee: my doctor uses Doppler at 12, but the appointment before that is the first sono (one week to go for me!)

Nausea set in this weekend. It hasn't helped that we're moving tomorrow so we have next to no foodin the house!

And I told my mom today, if it was possible for boobs to be broken, I'm pretty sure I know what that feels like now. I thought they hurt last week, but it's so much worse when I wake up now! Thankfully I found a wireless bra at the bottom of my last stack of clothes so I can sleep in that and hopefully hurt less.

39. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@travellingbee: yay, FX! Looking forward to seeing a great-looking ultrasound from you Wednesday night

I don't know when doctors start using the doppler, I saw many different guidelines online. Do you think you'll be getting a doppler for at-home use? I think I probably will, if I get to that point. I think it would be so special to hear the heartbeat.

@MaryM: what day is your appt? Mine is June 3rd. No nausea here yet (5w6d so I know it's still early!) but I definitely am uncomfy after any standard-sized meal.... and it doesn't help that I've had to go up to 4 meals a day now to get the right amount of calories.

40. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@DesertDreams88: my appointment is the first.

I have the opposite. I feel awful if I don't eat. But when I feel awful, I don't want to eat!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee