Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2016 Moms!

1. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

Yay for early ultrasounds and less nausea!

Daycare question...if you family isn't close by (MIL is 45 minutes away), who is your emergency contact?

2. AmandaB8

clementine / 849 posts

@MaryM: We used good friends of ours. The mom is a SAHM, so we know she'd be able to take of things.

3. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

Motherhood maternity is having a great sale right now. Tons of stuff for $5. It's great for basics. I got 2 nursing bras, a pair of underwear, shorts and a tee shirt for $30.

4. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

@lauren0817: It is convenient, and I like being able to see the OB right afterwards to discuss it. It was especially convenient when I had a lot of ultrasounds towards the end of my last pregnancy. My OB's office is actually attached to the hospital.

@travellingbee: I am glad you are feeling better. And online clearance is buy one get one free. There is also a lot of Pea in the Pod stuff.

@MaryM: I just use out of town family, we don't have anyone in town who could help us.

5. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@travellingbee: I am so glad you are feeling better! You must be close to reaching that 20 week mark too, so hopefully the nausea will be gone for good

Does anyone feel at all weird about other people's excitement over gender, especially if it's your first? I'm looking forward to finding out, but pragmatically in my head I know it doesn't matter. Like, I know when we tell people, either way they're going to be like, "Yayyy!" but in my head I'll be like "Why do you care?" and "Would your reaction be any different if it was the other gender?" .... I don't know if this makes any sense, lol.

6. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

@DesertDreams88: I feel this way somewhat. I actually felt, for my first, as though people were trying to emphasize the advantages to having a boy, as though I would have preferred a girl.

7. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@mdf106: I could definitely see that happening... most of my friends have 2-3+ boys, and no girls, so.... haha yeah. That would be weird to feel that they were unintentionally and needlessly trying to console.

8. travellingbee

Anatomy scan is this morning!! Yay!

Eta, also at dr. And ran into a co-worker who is 2 weeks ahead of me with her 2nd and isn't showing. Meanwhile I look 7 months grrr

9. travellingbee

Anatomy scan went fine but they couldn't get a good view of the heart due to babys position so they'll do another quick scan at my next appt. He's still a boy and measuring a little ahead. I only gained 3lbs since last appt so I'm thrilled with that as I thought I'd gained more. HR was 164.

10. lauren0817

apricot / 369 posts

@travellingbee: Awesome news! I'm so excited for my anatomy scan, but still have a little over 2 weeks to wait

3 lbs sounds perfect! I found out this morning that I gained 7 lbs since my last appointment - eeekkk! TMI alert, but I am having some constipation issues so I think that number might be slightly higher than it should be. The doctor didn't seem concerned at all (and I don't feel like I gained that much!), but I was definitely slightly surprised and concerned. It's not like I'm eating ice cream for breakfast, lunch and dinner, but my eating habits have definitely changed. I guess we'll see what next month brings

11. kristinleigh

cherry / 178 posts

I'm 17 weeks as of tomorrow, and just started having really bad cramps. No bleeding.. just feeling really crampy I think I might call my midwife.. my appointment is tomorrow but if these don't go away I'm thinking I should ask to be seen today.

12. travellingbee

@kristinleigh: I hope everything is OK. I had that a couple weeks ago and it ended up being a stomach virus that just felt like uterine cramping. Try drinking a LOT of water. Not enough water can cause braxton hicks which often feel crampy.

13. kristinleigh

cherry / 178 posts

@travellingbee: I've drank so much water already since I woke up I'm so scared I'm almost in tears. I work an hour from my midwife's office ... I think if it's not gone in two hours or so I'm going to call and just take a half day at work.

14. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

@kristinleigh: I hope the cramping goes away soon!

15. kristinleigh

cherry / 178 posts

@mrs.shinerbock: me too and i don't want to be that person who freaks out over every symptom.. this is just worrying me a bit. i have a little bit of indigestion so i'm hoping it's just related to that or something. i don't have a lot of PTO saved up at work (We earn time soo slowly) so I'd rather try to get through as much of the day as I can..

16. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

Have any of the other second time moms not felt movement yet? I'm 17 weeks and feel like I should have felt something at this point. I don't remember when I felt movement in my last pregnancy.

17. travellingbee

@kristinleigh: that's a good idea. I bet you're fine but it's best to get checked out!

18. kristinleigh

cherry / 178 posts

@mrs.shinerbock: It's my first and I'm not sure honestly if I've felt any yet.. I THINK that I may have, but it's definitely not consistent. My midwife said I probably wouldn't feel much until 20 weeks!

19. travellingbee

@mrs.shinerbock: do you know where your placenta is?

20. littlebug

honeydew / 7504 posts

@mrs.shinerbock: I'm 14 weeks and every now and then I feel something, but I'm pretty sure it can't be movement. I didn't feel D in my first pregnancy until close to 23 weeks, which is why I'd be super surprised if I could feel this one this early. I am carrying VERY differently this time, though, so...who knows? I wouldn't worry too much at 17 weeks.

21. travellingbee

@littlebug: I felt this one starting at 13 weeks. It was weird! At 18 weeks you can already see and feel him on the outside. But I have a friend who is also pregnant with her 2nd and at 20 weeks she hasn't felt any movement yet.... i think it depends on your anatomy, the placenta location and where the baby is!

22. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

I had such a pregnant lady dream last night! I dreamt that I fell asleep in the OB's parking lot because I was so tired, and end up missing my gender ultrasound! I was so upset!

Only 9 more hours to go...

23. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@kristinleigh: hoping your cramps stop and/or your midwife can get you in

24. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

@travellingbee: no clue. I know they had a hard time hearing the heartbeat last time because my pulse was in the way, so maybe my placenta is really far back or something. Makes me feel better that your friend hasn't felt anything at 20 weeks.

25. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

@DesertDreams88: ah! So exciting isn't it? Good luck!

26. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

@littlebug: thanks. I've just been a nervous Nellie the last few days I guess. And it's not helping that my next appt got pushed out, so I won't go in until the end of the month.

27. cvwood

grape / 78 posts

@mrs.shinerbock: I'm 16 weeks today and I THINK I've felt some flutters here or there, but it's still touch and go. I didn't feel anything until about 20 weeks last time, and I had an anterior placenta, which makes it harder to feel kicks.
    I don't think it's abnormal to not be feeling anything yet, but I'm sorry it's stressing you out so much. It's probably a placenta placement thing.

@DesertDreams88: Hope everything goes well today! It's so awesome that everyone is getting close to the halfway point.

28. Worrywart

apricot / 394 posts

@mrs.shinerbock: I'm 18 weeks and feel very little movement. I remember feeling my daughter's first kick at 19 weeks last time around. I feel little bubbles but then think it's just gas or something. I'm starting to get nervous too but my OB told me at my 16 week appointment not to worry. It's very hard for me not to, hence my HB name.

29. lauren0817

apricot / 369 posts

@kristinleigh: thinking of you and hoping you're feeling a bit better! It's so hard not to get nervous when something unexpected happens - I'm sure everything is fine and your midwife can reassure you. Keep us updated!

30. kristinleigh

cherry / 178 posts

I drank 60oz of water over the past hour and feel better!! Thank goodness. I usually get up at 4:30 and by 6am I've had about 40oz during my workout but I slept in today so I got a late start on my water intake so I think that's what maybe messed me up. Still nervous for my appt tomorrow.. I wish I could stop feeling so nervous each time and just be blissfully excited!

Anatomy scan 3 weeks from today i'm excited to see my little munchkin and hope everything is well and find out if we are having a Lucas or Charlotte!

31. lauren0817

apricot / 369 posts

@DesertDreams88: exciting! Can't wait to hear the big news - yay!

@mrs.shinerbock: I'll be 18 weeks tomorrow and *think* I might feel subtle fluttters, but am definitely not sure. My doctor said it could be another month before I really feel something. I definitely feel nervous now that I'm feeling better and don't feel movement yet, but baby had a perfect heartbeat by Doppler yesterday so I'm trying my hardest to relax

32. lauren0817

apricot / 369 posts

Is anyone else making any sort of baby crafts or projects? I have always loved crafting, but usually don't make time for it. I'm really trying to do a few special baby things though! I am starting a baby quilt - I just got a sewing machine/am learning how to use so it will very much be a beginner's quilt I'm also making a pregnancy journal/scrapbook since I wasn't into the ones I found at the store. I hope to do some knitting or crocheting eventually too. Would love to hear what other ladies are up to!

33. kristinleigh

cherry / 178 posts

@lauren0817: I crochet! I'm going to start on the blanket this weekend I'm making a scrapbook too but I'm using a premade one. I want to learn how to crochet hats and booties too!

34. lauren0817

apricot / 369 posts

@kristinleigh: so happy to hear you're feeling better!! I get very nervous before every appointment as well - I'm hoping it will get a but easier when I can really feel baby movements and have more reassurance in between appointments. I love your names! My hubby and I are not in agreement at this point it's so hard to choose!

35. lauren0817

apricot / 369 posts

@kristinleigh: oh awesome! I would love to see your projects are you on ravelry? Baby hats are super easy - I did a class at a local knitting shop and loved it.

36. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

@mrs.shinerbock: I don't think I have, and I am 16 weeks. Last time I did not feel movement until really late, maybe 23 weeks, and when I did it was full on kicks which felt like kicks, not little pops. I have trouble differentiating between bloodflow, gas, and kicks.

37. cvwood

grape / 78 posts

@kristinleigh: I was noticing a lot more crampy pain in yoga this morning than I had been feeling in prior weeks. I read right afterwards that babies have a massive growth spurt around 16 going into 17 weeks so we should feel lots of round ligament pain. That gave me some peace of mind. Glad you're feeling better!

38. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@mrs.shinerbock: OMG. I am so sorry. I would freak out if my appointment got moved to be later!

@kristinleigh: So glad you're feeling better! I'm still nervous for my appointment tomorrow too. I hate all this anxiety! And i haven't felt any movement yet either so that's not helping. I hope it'll kick in soon so that I won't worry so much!

@lauren0817: I quilt and crochet too. I have a "girl" blanket I made a while back that I really love and would love to be able to use myself. I make blankets for our friends and family, so I try to stay ahead, but if I have a boy will have to start something new. Maybe I'll finally get around to finishing a quilt top I pieced from squares I got from my great aunt's house when she died.

@kristinleigh: Hats are so easy! I was afraid to try them, but made adult ones last winter. And I got a couple bootie patterns to try too. I also started my first sweater last weekend (though I'm not sure if I'm doing it 100% right yet!)

I like the kits from Craftsy. They're on sale quite often, so you can get the yarn for pretty cheap, and then download the patterns to a tablet.

I haven't started these yet http://www.craftsy.com/supplies/flower-motif-shoes-kit/10567?rceId=1438715030192~68o36ej6 but this is the sweater http://www.craftsy.com/supplies/kit/buttoned-jacket-kit/444?rceId=1438715083116~1cp3xdt3

39. gracecat

clementine / 878 posts

Well, now apparently the doctor is saying its a girl! This was at the anatomy scan, but I won't feel confident though until my next appointment and ultrasound. I'm super happy if it's a girl though I feel bad for DH to be surrounded by girls, heehee. I started referring to us as "daddy's girls."

40. SwanSong

cherry / 220 posts

@mrs.shinerbock: I haven't really felt anything yet either. Almost 17 weeks and my next appointment isn't until the 31st, hopefully i will something by then for reassurance

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee