Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

January 2016 Moms!

1. kristinleigh

cherry / 178 posts

@sera_87: My niece measured 3 weeks behind pretty much consistently.. I think even a few weeks before delivery she was still 2-3 weeks behind. she is totally healthy, just a peanut she's growing normally, etc.

2. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

I'm now one week from my next US. AHHH! Cue the anxiety!

And my SIL, Mom, and sister have started to plan a shower for November. I'm both excited to be able to start working on it, yet still anxious about setting a date for it and getting much done because I still have the "what ifs" in the back of my head.

I'm wishing I wasn't so freaking gassy. I still wonder if I'm feeling movement yet or if it's just gas. It very well could be gas...

3. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

@MaryM: I am having trouble telling if I am feeling movement, even though this is not my first pregnancy. I think I might be, but it is hard to be sure that it is not gas, blood flow, or other stuff (I have had some diarrhea). Last time I did not feel movement until very late, at least 23 weeks, and it was clearly kicks that feel like someone kicking you from the inside (I had an anterior placenta).

4. lauren0817

apricot / 369 posts

@MaryM: I hope this week flies by for you! I completely understand about not wanting to plan the shower right now - as our anatomy scan got closer I kept finding myself saying "well I look into x or tell this person after the ultrasound." Just wanted to tell you that I think what you're feeling is very similar to how I felt and if waiting a week to continue shower planning feels less stressful than I would just do that

I had a little while where I thought I felt kicks before I realized that it was definitely kicks so it sounds like you are in that stage now - I bet what you are feeling is movement but it's still subtle and you will start feeling big kicks in the next couple of weeks

5. kristinleigh

cherry / 178 posts

My anatomy scan is tomorrow at 2pm!! I can't wait. So nervous yet so excited all at the same time. Just praying everything is physically okay and baby is healthy. I still think it's a little boy but we'll see! we are having a gender reveal "party" (more like just a casual get together) at our house tomorrow night.

I've been feeling kicks pretty often which is good. It definitely feels almost like gas but I think at this point it's definitely kicks. I'm curious if they're going to change my due date at all since at my last scan at 13 weeks baby was measuring "a little" ahead. Not to be whatever about it but my SIL (who I honestly don't like) is due with baby #2 on the 11th and I'm due the 13th. I'm kind of bitter after infertility of having to share this experience with her at all.

6. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

Anatomy scan went well, though it only took half as long as their estimate! Baby looked great and showed off all his fingers, toes, legs, arms, brain, 4-chambered heart, etc! He measured right on track and weighs about 9 ounces.

7. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

@kristinleigh: I doubt they would change the due date at this point, earlier scans are more accurate in determining due date (around 8 weeks or so). Anyway, the due date is not very exact, there is a good month where the baby is likely to be born.

I am pretty sure I am feeling kicks now, they are low and centered, where my uterus is. I think my anatomy scan on Thursday will help me confirm this, if the kicks coincide with the visual of the movement.

I never felt really awful in the first trimester, but I don't seem to be feeling better. I am very tired, and having a hard time concentrating at work. I know I need more sleep, but between pregnancy symptoms and a toddler it is not really possible.

8. kristinleigh

cherry / 178 posts

@mdf106: I feel the same way.. I don't know where this "energy burst" comes from and I don't even have a little one already at home. I'm just tired more often than not.

9. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

@kristinleigh: I never really had an energy burst last time, but I did feel some relief when morning sickness receded. I never nested either. I have a pretty demanding job (mentally and time wise, not physically), which I think does not help with my energy level. I did feel a burst of energy after giving birth.

10. lauren0817

apricot / 369 posts

@DesertDreams88: Great news! So exciting!!

@mdf106 and @kristinleigh: I felt like I had slightly more energy for about 2 weeks, but now I'm feeling exhausted and having morning (and sometimes all day) sickness again! I should've taken advantage of those 2 weeks while they were here I went to a baseball game on Saturday night and was absolutely exhausted - I seriously felt like I ran a marathon by the time we got home! I'm 20 weeks so I'm not huge yet (but definitely showing quite a bit now) -not sure what's going to happen when I'm 30+ weeks!

11. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

Sweet story for the day: DH said, randomly, "You know how I was kind of nervous for awhile about having a baby? I'm not anymore. I'm really excited."

Funny story for the day: I wore a tight shirt today instead of loose dresses like last week, and when the school secretary saw me, her eyes bugged out noticeably and she blurted out, "How'd you get so big over the weekend???" Lol. I love my baby belly!

12. MrsYellowJacket

apricot / 378 posts

@kristinleigh: Good luck!! Looking forward to hearing the gender!

@DesertDreams88: fantastic!! And LOL at your funny story. Someone at work told me today that it looked like I was approaching my "capacity constraint" in my dress! 😂 English is like his 4th language and he meant it in the sweetest of ways!! Hahahaha

13. lauren0817

apricot / 369 posts

@DesertDreams88: haha I loved your stories! I feel like I had a growth spurt over the weekend as well Of course I had to go and tell my husband that I felt like my belly growth has slowed down a bit (I had a few weeks there where I felt like I was growing by the second!) and of course the next day I woke up and felt so much bigger! I learned my lesson about saying anything about belly growth rate/size

14. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@mrsyellowjacket: Lol, "capacity constraint"!

15. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

@MrsYellowJacket: he must be an engineer.

16. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

Here is the list. Let me know if it needs to be updated!

January 2016 moms!
    January 3: Gracecat (#2)
    January 4: travellingbee (#2) , Karen (#2), worrywart (#2)
    January 5: lalalove (#2)
    January 6: Mermaidri (#1), lauren0187 (#1)
    January 8: sera_87 (#3), civicMom15 (#2)
    January 9: Mrs.Shinerbrock (#2), smith (#1)
    January 10: queensbee (#2) , Mrs.Grapefruit (#1).
    January 11: pui (#2)
    January 13: Chitownro (#2), Kristinleigh (#1), swansong (#2), kimberlybee (#2) , brady80 (#2)
    January 14: marym (#1)
    January 15: Joyfulkiwi (#2)
    January 16: Supernovaj (#2) , nycbee (#2)
    January 17: MDF106 (#2)
    January 19: MrsYellowJacket (#1 AND #2!!) , cvwood (#2), swoggette (#3), desertdreams88 (#1)
    January 20: Oliviaoblivia (#3)
    January 22: hiker85 (#1), raintreebee (#2)
    January 24: amanda88 (#2)
    January 28: bisous (#2)
    January 31: littlebug (#2)

17. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

I have had two people so far today mention how big I am... Apparently my dress today really shows of my bump. I know it is not meant as an insult, but I feel huge for being this early.

18. MrsYellowJacket

apricot / 378 posts

@mrs.shinerbock: We all are! Lol - that's why I found it so funny 😁

19. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

Hey girls! Finally checking in after a busy weekend away for a wedding/baby moon and work is insane so I probably won't be around as much for the next month (except for Friday! Thank God I'm working from home before/after the anatomy scan!)

My latest comment from nosy coworker is that she thinks I'm going to have 5 kids.

Uh, I'm 35 and DH is 42. Pretty sure that wouldn't happen even if we tried! It took us 3 years to get this baby...

20. lauren0817

apricot / 369 posts

@MaryM: hope you had a great babymoon! We finally booked something for the end of next month We are headed to Savannah/Hilton Head - I cant wait!! Ahh can't believe your anatomy scan is so soon So exciting!

Haha yeah it took us about 3 years as well. I'm hoping for 2, but trying to just focus on this one for now

21. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

@MaryM: You never know - it took DH and I 3 years to have LO1 and I got a BFP the week after I weaned her.

22. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@lauren0817: It was great! And we got two free upgrades on our room (one to a bigger bed because DH said it was our baby moon, then to a suite because the first room didn't have working AC...which didn't bother me because I run cold). We're only sad we barely got to enjoy the suite because we got it right before the wedding and left early the next day.

Then the worst part of the trip...damn baby brain. I booked a 10 PM flight thinking it was AM. And DH had to work last night so we had to get home and ended up having to rent a car and drive.

But other than that, it was great. DH and I don't get to see each other a ton during the week because of our schedules, so it was nice to see each other all weekend. And he just noticed on Friday how pregnant I was getting, so that was sweet.

23. lauren0817

apricot / 369 posts

@MaryM: oh that sounds lovely! Haha baby brain is so real - it's killing me as well! I quadruple checked our reservations before I booked them, but I still have this weird feeling we have two hotels for one night or no hotels for one night or something weird like that Hope you and hubby enjoyed the car time together even though it was an unexpected road trip

24. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@marym: sounds like a good time overall!! A month ago I booked a short flight for the wrong day and only noticed the night before, so I got charged $250 for the change I felt so bad about the money.

25. kristinleigh

cherry / 178 posts

Our anatomy scan was yesterday and everything was perfect!!! Thank God. Baby cooperated SO WELL and the tech had a student in the room and asked if I mind her printing photos to bring into class because the photos were so clear and "textbook" status she said. Hallelujah!

We found out that baby is a... BOY!!! I had a strong feeling Lucas Joseph. He is measuring very long!!! He's 11.5" (about an inch above where they normally track at this point they said) and 11.2 ounces. So very long and lean!

Here is our 3D photo of our little cutie and then our photo at the gender reveal we did.

26. lauren0817

apricot / 369 posts

@kristinleigh: congratulations! What adorable photos So happy to hear that everything went well and baby boy cooperated during photo time!

27. littlebug

honeydew / 7504 posts

@kristinleigh: Congrats on your Baby Boy!!

28. travellingbee

January 2016 moms!
    January 13: Chitownro (#2), Kristinleigh (#1) , swansong (#2), kimberlybee (#2) , brady80 (#2)
    January 19: MrsYellowJacket (#1 AND #2!!) , cvwood (#2), swoggette (#3), desertdreams88 (#1)

@kristinleigh: Congrats!!!

29. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@kristinleigh: Congratulations!

30. littlebug

honeydew / 7504 posts

@mdf106: I had that through my ENTIRE pregnancy last time. I am short-waisted, so my babies have nowhere to grow but out. I had so many people commenting on how big I was, was I sure I was only have one...all that. My favorites were the people who were just insisting that I wasn't going to make it to my due date or that my due date had to be wrong. When I had to be induced at 41 weeks, I made sure my coworker reminded all those people of that!!!

This weekend I got my first "Are you sure you aren't having twins" comment. So it begins....

31. SwanSong

cherry / 220 posts

@kristinleigh: Congrats! So happy all went well!

32. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

@kristinleigh: Congratulation on your ! I love the name Lucas - it is one of our top contenders if we have a boy.

33. travellingbee

@kristinleigh: we have a Lukas

34. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@kristinleigh: Congratulations on the ! Love the photos and name!! So happy everything at the scan went well!

I also had my anatomy scan today and baby girl got a clean bill of health! I loved seeing all her fingers and toes and kidneys and everything else! Can't believe we are halfway there!

35. MrsYellowJacket

apricot / 378 posts

@kristinleigh: @QueensBee: congrats on successful anatomy scans!!!!

36. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

@DesertDreams88: @kristinleigh: @QueensBee: Congratulations on the good anatomy scans.

I have a healthy baby boy. He is measuring over a week ahead, which explains why I look so big. The tech seemed to think there would be a good chance of either going early or being induced. My placenta is low lying, so I will have another scan in 8 weeks, but the chances of it moving are pretty high.

Now we have to work on names, we are not close to agreeing. At least we don't have to redecorate the nursery.

37. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@mdf106: Congratulations! Now we're all tied up boys vs girls!

I should know in 24 hours what we're having. Is today over yet?

38. travellingbee

January 2016 moms!
    January 13: Chitownro (#2), Kristinleigh (#1) , swansong (#2), kimberlybee (#2) , brady80 (#2)

39. RsMom

cherry / 233 posts

I'm super late to the game but thought I would join you ladies since I've been lurking for some time now.

EDD: January 10

How far along: Almost 21 wks

First child? DS is 3

First doctor appointment: Have had many appointment so far since I'm diabetic and I'm followed pretty closely.
    Had my anatomy scan yesterday and baby looks perfect and we are having another

40. littlebug

honeydew / 7504 posts

@RsMom: Welcome and congrats!

@MaryM: Can't wait to hear your update!!! Good luck!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee